Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    I love .gif responses.

They're just so fun. I wish [chat] would just do an entire thread with gif reponses.
    PaGwFJk.jpg

#FreeBird

?
    network_sig2.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I was joking.

But spamming images and/or gifs is obnoxious in my book.

Also inconsiderate to phone users.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    :cry:

I can't see .gif or image responses

:cry:
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    gif responses are pretty great.

@ludious did you figure out your images thing with that artist? I only ask because there's a ton of artists in the artist forums that would probably work on commission and you'd love their stuff. Iruka and nightdragon in particular come to mind.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    I love .gif responses.

They're just so fun. I wish [chat] would just do an entire thread with gif reponses.

That would be terrible for our phone posters.

:(
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I was joking.

But spamming images and/or gifs is obnoxious in my book.

Also inconsiderate to phone users.

booo

i'm sure you're right but the love of gifs has taken over my brain

booooooo
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    936343_10151509625769213_762136414_n.png

someone I know who is a musician just posted this:
    NEW DRESS CODE:

If you attend a show at which Morrison's Prophecy is appearing and are wearing Abercrombe and Fitch merchandise, your money will be refunded and you will be asked to leave.

Likewise, if you ask for a photo with me, I will only agree to do so if you are not wearing A&F. This is not a "goth" thing. This is because A&F propagate body issues among teenagers and i REFUSE to be even peripherally associated with them.
    Okay - I really like my cargo shorts from them... but I think it is high time to fucking retire them and find a company that doesn't make my skin fucking crawl.

Are you afraid of being discriminated against by a small minded exclusionary goth band that much?

Its the first part a lot more than the second part. It is a company that is propagating the caste issues of teenage social life to an extent that is kind of disgusting. I don't want them to make clothes they dont want to make, thats beside the point. But the REASON they dont want to make them (people like that arent cool and we only want cool people in our store) makes me want to beat his face in with a tire iron, not wear something his company made.
    meat.jpg
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I love .gif responses.

ByTdLT6.gif

aoB4R.gif
    I'm allergic to chocolate.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    good morning y'all
    You are missing out on the divine food called peanut butter cups. I pity you, Delmain.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    I love .gif responses.

[im g]http://i.imgur.com/ ByTdLT6.gif[/img]

[im g]http://i.img ur.com/aoB4R.gif[/img]
    I'm allergic to chocolate.

RU Dog?
    meat.jpg
    kaleedity wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Wow, so many environmental hazards in this next module I'm running. I hope I can remember to keep track of it all. First time I've run something where the setting may be just as deadly as the monsters for the party.

you doing something different?

party just off'd katiyana [the first time]

Nope, FINALLY got a full session to finish off Night of Frozen Shadows. Doing my second full reading of Hungry Storm. It looks fascinating. I hope I can make the caravan stuff interesting. But all the freezing cold and hazardous terrain is really cool. I really hope I can give it a feel of being a very dangerous place. I purposefully didn't give Suishen the at will cold protection as well as I felt that totally negated the freezing danger. I left it at 3/day.
    Man being allergic to peanuts would be the worst thing in existence. You'd be physically fit in general probably, because of the lack of delicious candies.

Speaking of which, I wish I bought 5 cases of those easter reese's. Perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter.
    I love .gif responses.

That would be terrible for our phone posters.

:(

Yeah, I'm just saying if one day the stars aligned, the seven seas parted on their own and no one suffered anywhere because we all had Google Fiber, posting gif responses all day long would be pretty nice.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Thank god for more cell service in subway stations

So I can phone post while I wait for a transfer on my way to be late to work

Thankfully it stopped raining
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I still feel like doo doo tho
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    MdQ0XJx.jpg

I need more Peep Show in my life.

How do you watch it without leaving the room every few minutes due to shared embarassment?
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    Wow, so many environmental hazards in this next module I'm running. I hope I can remember to keep track of it all. First time I've run something where the setting may be just as deadly as the monsters for the party.

Nope, FINALLY got a full session to finish off Night of Frozen Shadows. Doing my second full reading of Hungry Storm. It looks fascinating. I hope I can make the caravan stuff interesting. But all the freezing cold and hazardous terrain is really cool. I really hope I can give it a feel of being a very dangerous place. I purposefully didn't give Suishen the at will cold protection as well as I felt that totally negated the freezing danger. I left it at 3/day.

huh, I thought it was 3/day

granted I wouldn't argue against the caster level being something a little lower than 20th. Basically have to assume I can't dispel that shit.
    good morning y'all

/tips hat

Mornin'
    MdQ0XJx.jpg

How do you watch it without leaving the room every few minutes due to shared embarassment?

I'm too lazy to move.

NEW DRESS CODE:

If you attend a show at which Morrison's Prophecy is appearing and are wearing Abercrombe and Fitch merchandise, your money will be refunded and you will be asked to leave.

Likewise, if you ask for a photo with me, I will only agree to do so if you are not wearing A&F. This is not a "goth" thing. This is because A&F propagate body issues among teenagers and i REFUSE to be even peripherally associated with them.
    Okay - I really like my cargo shorts from them... but I think it is high time to fucking retire them and find a company that doesn't make my skin fucking crawl.

Are you afraid of being discriminated against by a small minded exclusionary goth band that much?

Its the first part a lot more than the second part. It is a company that is propagating the caste issues of teenage social life to an extent that is kind of disgusting. I don't want them to make clothes they dont want to make, thats beside the point. But the REASON they dont want to make them (people like that arent cool and we only want cool people in our store) makes me want to beat his face in with a tire iron, not wear something his company made.

I would love to see a breakdown of the actual sales impact of this kind of hyper-polarizing, almost trollish marketing. I feel like this could almost make sense. Obviously no sane person agrees with this guy -- or won't openly say so -- but then you'll get people who 'just like the clothes,' but will tacitly accept the "brand" of cool-kid clothes as something of an added bonus that they just don't talk about.

Bottom-line: I don't think he's gonna sell fewer polos or cargo shorts because of this statement (because people who already actively avoid A&F for their image will only continue to not-shop there), but there's a chance he could sell more. Overall, consumer-side influence over these kinds of non-material issues isn't very strong in the U.S., afaik. On the other hand, JCPenney tried to mess with the material side of their brand image, and it burned them pretty badly.
    network_sig2.png
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    a gif thread with a 500k cap on size:

DftsNYa.gif
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    MdQ0XJx.jpg

I'm too lazy to move.

Pretend agree is approve.
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
    Thank god for more cell service in subway stations

So I can phone post while I wait for a transfer on my way to be late to work

Thankfully it stopped raining

The free wifi is buttz.
    NO DO NOT OPEN ANOTHER BROWSER FOR ME TO "SIGN IN"
    GAAAAWWWWWDDDD
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    noooooo

work blorked youtube

our analyst is on the case of getting it unblorked
    919UOwT.png

huh, I thought it was 3/day

granted I wouldn't argue against the caster level being something a little lower than 20th. Basically have to assume I can't dispel that shit.

It starts out as 3/day. But when you kill Kimandatsu at the end of Frozen Shadows. The first new power it grants is to change Resist Energy 3/day to Protection from Energy at will. A lot of folks say that because of the caster level, leaving it as written utterly destroys any environment issues the party may have in Hungry Storm as the wielder can just constantly buff everyone. I agreed and left it at 3/day.
    Hamurabi wrote: »

NEW DRESS CODE:

I would love to see a breakdown of the actual sales impact of this kind of hyper-polarizing, almost trollish marketing. I feel like this could almost make sense. Obviously no sane person agrees with this guy -- or won't openly say so -- but then you'll get people who 'just like the clothes,' but will tacitly accept the "brand" of cool-kid clothes as something of an added bonus that they just don't talk about.

Bottom-line: I don't think he's gonna sell fewer polos or cargo shorts because of this statement (because people who already actively avoid A&F for their image will only continue to not-shop there), but there's a chance he could sell more. Overall, consumer-side influence over these kinds of non-material issues isn't very strong in the U.S., afaik. On the other hand, JCPenney tried to mess with the material side of their brand image, and it burned them pretty badly.
    See, I don't think this is a statement he expected to end up in print, or widely flung around the internet. This wasn't PR crafted; probably just something he said off the cuff in response to a question about why they don't make plus-sized clothing.

And it revealed him to be a shithead that I don't want to financially support, or even appear to endorse.
    meat.jpg
    how the fuck am i going to listen to music now

i work 80 hour weeks and sometimes i just want to look at a video of a puppy

fuck you IT
    919UOwT.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    peep show. so good.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
    Gooey wrote: »

fuck you IT

vimeo blocked?

https://player.vimeo.com/video/24480876
    meat.jpg
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Wubs increase productivity.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

fuck you IT

Work less.

Alternatively, stop spending 40 hours a week sitting in your office on chat, and change that to 40 hours a week at home on chat.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Stupid giiirls why do you want flower baths and facials let's just get the package with the longest deep tissue massage you foooools
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    gif threads are more of an SE++ thing, they have one every few months but I'm fairly sure it's mod approved only.
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK

NEW DRESS CODE:

They're marketing exclusivity and displays of affluence. Teen caste issues have been around forever and will continue long after. Teenagers are dicks.

I find it hard to get riled up over a company that's honest about what they are. In fact, I wish more would be open and at peace with it.

The dress code for the show is hilarious. How brave. Im sure that the a core of his "audience" is rocking that style.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

NEW DRESS CODE:

See, I don't think this is a statement he expected to end up in print, or widely flung around the internet. This wasn't PR crafted; probably just something he said off the cuff in response to a question about why they don't make plus-sized clothing.

And it revealed him to be a shithead that I don't want to financially support, or even appear to endorse.

I dunno. I feel like someone that high up assumes everything they say will potentially end up on the Internet -- but I have no real basis for thinking that. In any case, I still think it has either no net impact on their sales, or even a mild positive impact.
    network_sig2.png

fuck you IT

vimeo blocked?

https://player.vimeo.com/video/24480876

no

which is hilarious
    919UOwT.png
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    a gif thread with a 500k cap on size:

DftsNYa.gif

Penguins are dicks.

penguin-slap.gif
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif

Also, that interview was from 7 years ago.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
This discussion has been closed.