Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    gooby get them rugged watches? like, if you're doing a manly theme and knives/flasks are too played out you could do a watch. and since it's masculine (and avoids glitz) it could be cheapish.

http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-BM8475-00X-Eco-Drive-Military-Plated/dp/B0032FOSI0/ref=sr_1_3?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1368022894&sr=1-3&keywords=military+watch

BM8475-00X.jpg
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    so the wedding is in 10 days and i still dont have groomsmen gifts figured out.

i keep coming back to a pocket knife but you always get those as groomsmen gifts. maybe something non-standard like an auto-opener (switchblade)?

They dont do flasks in texas?
    cufflinks?
    mont blanc pens?
    You can get engraved Johnny Walker Blue bottles or custom labels for any Johnny Walker

the JW Blue is a good idea but it says it takes 7-10 days

no dice, i need buffer room
    919UOwT.png
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Is that A&F quote for real, or an urban legend like that bit a few years ago about Tommy Hillfingers not wanting black people to buy his clothes?

Was posted on tabloid blog

Must be true

Well, the A&F thing is from an interview with the CEO, that is being referenced in the current news cycle because they restated their opinion that despite the decisions other companies are making, they will keep pushing their current standard.
    "He doesn't want larger people shopping in his store, he wants thin and beautiful people," Lewis told Business Insider. "He doesn't want his core customers to see people who aren't as hot as them wearing his clothing. People who wear his clothing should feel like they're one of the 'cool kids.'"

That quote is from the past week.

Also look at Hakke's post in which they were photoshopping fucking STORE employees to make them look "hotter."

While working, my sister was only allowed to wear:

A&F Logo'd shirt
    Short Shorts or Jeggings

i'm srs

she opted for jeggings

so uncomfortable

Not saying that's not awful, because it is

But I am a big fan of jeggings
    vspgsp.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Gooey, buy them all telescopes obvs

or Nintendo DS's
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Man, I still can't get over this Congressman Sanford thing.

Disgraced veteran politician beats untested and inexperienced new comer, news at 11.
    Lh96QHG.png
    lol the subway station i got out of had multiple inches of water just sitting at the staircases ... they need better drainage

Where I'm from that wouldn't be water.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Disgraced veteran politician beats untested and inexperienced new comer, news at 11.

"Sure he is a complete scumbag who fucking lied through his teeth, but god forbid we try something new."
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Do people even wear Abercrombie and Fitch?

Isn't it just clothing for white 15 year old boys in Minnesota or something?

Come now. It's way too cold for that shit in Minnesota half the time.

Psh. I don't know the temperatures in all the random states in the middle!

I guess I am too old and California-provincial. I never knew anyone who wore A&F in high school.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

"Sure he is a complete scumbag who fucking lied through his teeth, but god forbid we try something new."

we're talking about the state that had the confederate flag over its capitol until like 2011 right
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    is it bad im sitting at my desk wearing shades on a cloudy day because my eyes have become that sensitive to light it's painful to not wear shades

it seems like it might be a bad thing
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I appear to have been a dick in my H/A post in the creepy dude asking out a waitress thread. I have no regrets I guess.

Were you a dick? All I noticed was you giving accurate information and at least getting the creepy dude to bail on his terrible, terrible pick up line.

Now the thread where Dr Frenchenstein asked for advice in leveling his basement, and I posted a picture of a bunker busting bomb....
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

I get that it's a Republican district. After he won the primary I expected him to win against Colbert-Busch, the polls were in his favor.

But jesus.

Couldn't the local GOP find someone who could actually reliably stay in the right country to vote instead of him? It's not a high bar!
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

it makes more sense if you look at the district lines between districts sc-1 and sc-6 along with some familiarity with the area. It was really surprising he only got 55%.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

i keep coming back to a pocket knife but you always get those as groomsmen gifts. maybe something non-standard like an auto-opener (switchblade)?

They dont do flasks in texas?
    cufflinks?
    mont blanc pens?
    You can get engraved Johnny Walker Blue bottles or custom labels for any Johnny Walker

the JW Blue is a good idea but it says it takes 7-10 days

no dice, i need buffer room

They no have flagship store?
    If no, they should be able to do most bottles at a mall engraving store for like $10 a piece.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    Teehee.

"Butt Jesus."
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    I appear to have been a dick in my H/A post in the creepy dude asking out a waitress thread. I have no regrets I guess.

Were you a dick? All I noticed was you giving accurate information and at least getting the creepy dude to bail on his terrible, terrible pick up line.

Now the thread where Dr Frenchenstein asked for advice in leveling his basement, and I posted a picture of a bunker busting bomb....

Mostly meant about my "bah fucking 'only guys can be creepers' anti post."

Oh god I feel so bad for DrF but he's totally going to fuck his house if he doesn't rip that shit out and level that floor properly.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

I get that it's a Republican district. After he won the primary I expected him to win against Colbert-Busch, the polls were in his favor.

But jesus.

Couldn't the local GOP find someone who could actually reliably stay in the right country to vote instead of him? It's not a high bar!

It's not even really a Republican/Democrat thing.

It's a Known vs Unknown thing. Also being a comedian's sister probably didn't help.

Also, yeah, South Carolina. If they're not shelling a federal fort it's a good day.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

or Nintendo DS's

which pokemon should i include with them
    919UOwT.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

or Nintendo DS's

which pokemon should i include with them

Each gets a different version so that they can trade.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular

get a really nice gift that costs $500 or so, everyone else gets switchblades

last man standing gets the good gift

last man standing

how patrionormative of you

gooby pls
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

But jesus.

It's not even really a Republican/Democrat thing.

It's a Known vs Unknown thing. Also being a comedian's sister probably didn't help.

Also, yeah, South Carolina. If they're not shelling a federal fort it's a good day.

if you extended the voting district border 2 miles there would have been a significantly different outcome

that said, I bet hundreds of dollars on sanford winning after I studied the map a little bit.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Yet another day of sitting around with nothing to do until later, in this case I have a final at 6pm. I should go to the gym but I've gone the last five days in a row and everything hurts. So I think I will be extra lazy today. SIGH.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    The hiring processes of retail being absolutely horrific goes way beyond A&F too. I've heard so many stories from retail managers and employees about "no fats and no uglys" and maybe even some "no bla... er no one who doesn't fit our company image". But then again, how many people who talk about how horrible the "no fattie" policy is are the first ones that say, "Oh god, I can't go into gaming stores. There is usually a huge neck beard behind the counter."
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    whaaa the sun is out now

@syndalis go for your run
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    Yaoi is a really weird fucking subculture. Like, worse than bronies and tattoos on interviewers.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Gooey if I find a dubstep here comes the bride will you play it
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    The hiring processes of retail being absolutely horrific goes way beyond A&F too. I've heard so many stories from retail managers and employees about "no fats and no uglys" and maybe even some "no bla... er no one who doesn't fit our company image". But then again, how many people who talk about how horrible the "no fattie" policy is are the first ones that say, "Oh god, I can't go into gaming stores. There is usually a huge neck beard behind the counter."

I'm not trying to get into a discussion about whether it's right or wrong, but Obesity has been ruled a Disability under the ADA, so saying "No Fatties" is eventually going to get someone sued.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    Yaoi is a really weird fucking subculture. Like, worse than bronies and tattoos on interviewers.

I guess

But if you're the only straight guy who shows up to the yaoi pannel you will pretty certainly get the pick of the litter
    vspgsp.jpg
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    I do think that this adventure is going to up my prep time a bit. I think I'm gonna do something silly like a power point map with animated line set to the Indiana Jones theme as the party crosses the arctic. Possibly using the interrupt fight encounter music from Final Fantasy 6 whenever they have an encounter.

the best little side encounter so far has been the cannibals

because that got the party thinking hard about what to do

full disclosure: your caravan is heading through the north pole and you come across a bunch of natives. They appear friendly and you can trade with them and they invite you to camp with them. There's a big party with an emphasis on the cooked meat! The party (probably) chows down, and the chief informs them all that they just ate some human, and they should all join their tribe of cannibals. How does the party respond?

I read that one! I know our Cleric of Ababar is going to go nuts, and probably the Samurai. The rest though. Who knows. I can't wait to see how they deal with that storm tower fight with Katiyana. The storm level winds seem like it would just be a bitch to deal with.

I guess

But if you're the only straight guy who shows up to the yaoi pannel you will pretty certainly get the pick of the litter

when the entire buffet is full of nutters, you're still eating crazysauce.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I have finished the Great Gatsby and have low grade feels.

Given the themes it throws up, the Trailer Dubsteb makes a bit more sense to me, yet I can't articulate why.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    What are jeggi--

Oh, those things.
    network_sig2.png
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Not to totally forgive him or anything... buuut

I kind of wish there was a firewall between the personal and the political life in this country. It may seem shocking to some, but politicians get their naughty bits wet and step outside their marriage like lots of people in the world do.

His failing was not leaving a phone number or address when he went boning one time. I'd hardly call that disgraced, just amateur hour. Bill Clinton lied through his teeth on a similar level, and I fucking love that guy.
    meat.jpg
    So my foundry adventure in Neverwinter is shaping up nicely. I am still having trouble with the tools, and I can't figure out if you can make the player be another character in the mission or if it's their character playing it, period. I WANT them to be playing a different character (A zombie gravedigger) but if I have to make the player a "mercenary" protecting the main character, then I will.

The official title is "A Funny Thing Happened.."

The full title is "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Baldur's Gait.."
    The doctor at Baldur's Gait is Dr. Wright Von Stride (Stride, Wright)
    South Carolina's first district is dead to me. Which I guess is kind of redundant because South Carolina in its entirety is already dead to me, but SC1 is now super dead.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
    Ludious wrote: »

I guess

when the entire buffet is full of nutters, you're still eating crazysauce.

Well when you've got mental problems of your own, who's to judge?
    vspgsp.jpg
    kaleedity wrote: »
    I do think that this adventure is going to up my prep time a bit. I think I'm gonna do something silly like a power point map with animated line set to the Indiana Jones theme as the party crosses the arctic. Possibly using the interrupt fight encounter music from Final Fantasy 6 whenever they have an encounter.

the best little side encounter so far has been the cannibals

because that got the party thinking hard about what to do

full disclosure: your caravan is heading through the north pole and you come across a bunch of natives. They appear friendly and you can trade with them and they invite you to camp with them. There's a big party with an emphasis on the cooked meat! The party (probably) chows down, and the chief informs them all that they just ate some human, and they should all join their tribe of cannibals. How does the party respond?

I read that one! I know our Cleric of Ababar is going to go nuts, and probably the Samurai. The rest though. Who knows. I can't wait to see how they deal with that storm tower fight with Katiyana. The storm level winds seem like it would just be a bitch to deal with.

The key is the staff dropped by the conspiring oracle guy trying to blame the dragon's attacks on the party. He has a staff that can store 10 charges of Freedom of Movement. The wind actually ended up being a nonentity. I believe I only managed to dispel one character's FoM. I should've just gave Katiyana a lot more dispel magic. The battle didn't go too well for her; on the first round she failed a will save against a bard's Sculpt Sound (she rolled a 3, needed a 4) but I had her fall out of the tower to go through her own dispel trap in order to get back in the fight. Yeah she technically had to renounce Sithuud but I think he'd be okay with that for one battle.
This discussion has been closed.