Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    but yes Sanford is a scumbag
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Just ordered an engraved bottle of Johnny Walker
    AWESOME

Sure thing, bottle!
    Deebaser on
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I do think that this adventure is going to up my prep time a bit. I think I'm gonna do something silly like a power point map with animated line set to the Indiana Jones theme as the party crosses the arctic. Possibly using the interrupt fight encounter music from Final Fantasy 6 whenever they have an encounter.

the best little side encounter so far has been the cannibals

because that got the party thinking hard about what to do

full disclosure: your caravan is heading through the north pole and you come across a bunch of natives. They appear friendly and you can trade with them and they invite you to camp with them. There's a big party with an emphasis on the cooked meat! The party (probably) chows down, and the chief informs them all that they just ate some human, and they should all join their tribe of cannibals. How does the party respond?

I read that one! I know our Cleric of Ababar is going to go nuts, and probably the Samurai. The rest though. Who knows. I can't wait to see how they deal with that storm tower fight with Katiyana. The storm level winds seem like it would just be a bitch to deal with.

The key is the staff dropped by the conspiring oracle guy trying to blame the dragon's attacks on the party. He has a staff that can store 10 charges of Freedom of Movement. The wind actually ended up being a nonentity. I believe I only managed to dispel one character's FoM. I should've just gave Katiyana a lot more dispel magic. The battle didn't go too well for her; on the first round she failed a will save against a bard's Sculpt Sound (she rolled a 3, needed a 4) but I had her fall out of the tower to go through her own dispel trap in order to get back in the fight. Yeah she technically had to renounce Sithuud but I think he'd be okay with that for one battle.

Damn. I didn't read the oracle's loot list thoroughly enough to notice the FoM staff. Man, that's kind of lame. Cause they even give you the control panel to send the force elevator up to block the wind for a few rounds at a time. Which I thought was a creative environmental tool. Hmmm. May have to make some changes. It seems like they give those easy tools a lot so far in this adventure path. This FoM staff, the fact that Suishen has exactly the best powers to kill the final Oni in Frozen Shadows. I mean, I guess it fits with the whole fate theme but it seems like they reduce a lot of the interesting challenges some of these things could bring otherwise.

you could copy the unhallow-dispel trap in the first floor and periodically place them at certain heights in the tower to try to knock out FoM. I was lucky my players didn't even try to fly/airwalk up the elevator shafts at all. I was prepared to screw them out of it.

I suppose I have trained them well.

Though you know that Remorhaz encounter? The sorcerer oneshot him with a DC24 phantasmal killer before he acted. The player jumped up and did the hulk hogan flex things after that happened.

Wow, you can't even be mad about that. That's just awesome :)
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    DRINK
    ME
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    PLEASE SEND HELP
    THEY'RE BEATING US
    PLS
    SAND
    HALP
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Girl wants to talk to me about me not wanting to talk to her again

hnnnnnnggghh

*counts prayer beads with both hands*
    Eddy on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    That sounds like it would defeat the purpose.
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    MULTIPASS
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera

hnnnnnnggghh

*counts anal beads with prostate*

creeped that for you
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    advilllllllllll
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I do think that this adventure is going to up my prep time a bit. I think I'm gonna do something silly like a power point map with animated line set to the Indiana Jones theme as the party crosses the arctic. Possibly using the interrupt fight encounter music from Final Fantasy 6 whenever they have an encounter.

the best little side encounter so far has been the cannibals

because that got the party thinking hard about what to do

full disclosure: your caravan is heading through the north pole and you come across a bunch of natives. They appear friendly and you can trade with them and they invite you to camp with them. There's a big party with an emphasis on the cooked meat! The party (probably) chows down, and the chief informs them all that they just ate some human, and they should all join their tribe of cannibals. How does the party respond?

I read that one! I know our Cleric of Ababar is going to go nuts, and probably the Samurai. The rest though. Who knows. I can't wait to see how they deal with that storm tower fight with Katiyana. The storm level winds seem like it would just be a bitch to deal with.

The key is the staff dropped by the conspiring oracle guy trying to blame the dragon's attacks on the party. He has a staff that can store 10 charges of Freedom of Movement. The wind actually ended up being a nonentity. I believe I only managed to dispel one character's FoM. I should've just gave Katiyana a lot more dispel magic. The battle didn't go too well for her; on the first round she failed a will save against a bard's Sculpt Sound (she rolled a 3, needed a 4) but I had her fall out of the tower to go through her own dispel trap in order to get back in the fight. Yeah she technically had to renounce Sithuud but I think he'd be okay with that for one battle.

Damn. I didn't read the oracle's loot list thoroughly enough to notice the FoM staff. Man, that's kind of lame. Cause they even give you the control panel to send the force elevator up to block the wind for a few rounds at a time. Which I thought was a creative environmental tool. Hmmm. May have to make some changes. It seems like they give those easy tools a lot so far in this adventure path. This FoM staff, the fact that Suishen has exactly the best powers to kill the final Oni in Frozen Shadows. I mean, I guess it fits with the whole fate theme but it seems like they reduce a lot of the interesting challenges some of these things could bring otherwise.

you could copy the unhallow-dispel trap in the first floor and periodically place them at certain heights in the tower to try to knock out FoM. I was lucky my players didn't even try to fly/airwalk up the elevator shafts at all. I was prepared to screw them out of it.

I suppose I have trained them well.

Though you know that Remorhaz encounter? The sorcerer oneshot him with a DC24 phantasmal killer before he acted. The player jumped up and did the hulk hogan flex things after that happened.

Wow, you can't even be mad about that. That's just awesome :)

Like, I was genuinely worried that encounter could lead to player deaths. If the party got split up because they didn't understand the elevator and they get their fly dispelled and they get hit with an awesome blow for 8d6 fire damage and then fall 100 feet in a windstorm for 10d6

that is not a player-friendly situation

hilariously enough the sorcerer acted before anyone else did in that combat.
    kaleedity on
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    hey, can you gift games on the PSN?
    No you'd have to buy a psn gift card and give it to them or something.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    hey, can you gift games on the PSN?

Nope. Eez butts
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    should ushers get gifts too? should it be the same gift or a lesser gift?
    919UOwT.png
    I have a couple of canker sores

I must be stressed
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    one of the ushers is like 16 and his parents are helicopters and would probably freak out if i bought him a knife, much less a switchblade
    919UOwT.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Eddy do not break the sever.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    If you don't want to talk to someone, there is literally nothing to talk about.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    You know its an awesome nerd wedding when all the groomsmen get sets of custom steel dice for the groomsmen gifts. Its the only one of those I've gotten that I still use to this day.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

I must be stressed

Ur mr old
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    i want. a soda.

so bad.

my mouth is watering for a dr. pepper.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular

hnnnnnnggghh

*counts prayer beads with both hands*

sounds counter productive to me
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    Haha whoops looks like the Air Force had to strip 17 people of being able launch nukes because they failed an inspection so badly.

That's probably something to be concerned about.
    _J_ wrote:
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular

I must be stressed

Swish with Listerine. It will burn like mad but they'll be gone in a day or two instead of continuing to grow and fester.
    h1DI1.jpg
    Ludious wrote: »

Eh, I could see the why being important. I don't think anybody likes getting blown off without a good idea why.
    Gooey wrote: »
    one of the ushers is like 16 and his parents are helicopters and would probably freak out if i bought him a knife, much less a switchblade

Fuck thaaaat, do it anyway. Have a cool inscription on the blade about being a man
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Haha whoops looks like the Air Force had to strip 17 people of being able launch nukes because they failed an inspection so badly.

The inspection in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMIu58Z5C3c
    h1DI1.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    @jacobkosh @desc @powerpuppies @thomamelas

I present Aurelia converted

I still have 4 Experiences left to spend (including the one from tonight) but am considering saving for Gnosis

edit: I spent them improving Composure, which I've always felt was low but never had the XP to improve.

Nice! Dropping the whole "Buying the next dot requires buying the dots that came before again" nonsense is the best.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular

I must be stressed

Swish with Listerine. It will burn like mad but they'll be gone in a day or two instead of continuing to grow and fester.

What kind of magic listerine do you have?

I use listerine errday and I still get sores that last a week+
    archer2.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    @JacobKosh @Thomamelas

Today's Google page is a thing to see.

I squee'd when I saw it.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

I must be stressed

I think it's just a stress response

they'll go away soonish

I should probably switch back to that special toothpaste too
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

In what way did they fail? Didn't shoot when ordered, or shoot even when ordered not to?
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

I must be stressed

get a toothpaste without SLS

Eh, I could see the why being important. I don't think anybody likes getting blown off without a good idea why.

In this particular case the why has been laid out, so no problems there

I think she just wants to get the last word in about how much of a terrible person I am who wanders off in his own head and in real life far too often to be a proper boy-frond

*lights self on fire, meditates*
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular

Nobody likes and nobody is entitled to a reason.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    That phone call could have gone better

Me: Well, let me just do a quick and dirty run for a sanity check
    Kinda Big Deal Old: EXCUSE ME!?!?
    me: dotdotdot
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

In this particular case the why has been laid out, so no problems there

I think she just wants to get the last word in about how much of a terrible person I am who wanders off in his own head and in real life far too often to be a proper boy-frond

*lights self on fire, meditates*

just say no thank you and stop responding
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

I must be stressed

The light blue kind? If I don't use it they last forever, when I use it the pain is mostly gone by the next day, and the sores have healed within another day or two.
    h1DI1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.