Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    my company is hiring programmers and i have seen 3/4 interviews fail tremendously, including one where it was almost a hostage situation where the interviewee refused to sit and just shouted about the job requirements at my boss

where were you with your phone

why is this not on youtube

I NEED TUESDAYS OFF, BECAUSE I LIKE TO HAVE A DAY OFF, AND ON TUESDAYS THE DINER NEAR MY PLACE HAS A GOOD DEAL, SO THAT'S MY DAY OFF. I NEED A CHAIR THAT HELPS MY BACK, I HAVE A BAD BACK, AND I CODE BETTER IF I HAVE A HEATED PILLOW ON MY BACK, ESPECIALLY PHP

if you start requiring python I'm going to need a recliner. Preferably a lazy boy.
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    15 characters, christ, you couldn't even fit the name of the racehorse that fucked you that one time
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    One guy wore a hawaiian shirt and started the interview with "I'm kind of a big deal"

Was he fat?
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I guess now's the time to admit this ...

My entire "interview" was just me ripping the sleeves off my shirt and flexing while glaring menacingly into my boss' eyes.
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    There was one really nice guy so I hope he gets hired because he seemed like a cool dude

One dude clearly falsified everything on his resume

One guy wore a hawaiian shirt and started the interview with "I'm kind of a big deal"

PROGRAMMERS

Shit you turned down a hawaiian shirt guy? You've already lost.
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    There was one really nice guy so I hope he gets hired because he seemed like a cool dude

PROGRAMMERS

I heard of one like that. For a faculty member position at a university, the top applicant had a lot of pretty impressive publications in his resume. The search committee was talking to him, and at the same time trying to find some of those publications online to read them and coming up null. So in one email they asked him "hey by the way, we'd love to read your papers but we're having trouble finding them, can you send us some copies?" They never heard from the guy again.
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

PROGRAMMERS

It's like no one watched Goldeneye
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Dude @AManFromEarth I can't believe you picked Wayne, NJ. That's hilarious. I grew up there!
    Rich on Beer - I talk about drinking beer. You read about it.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    So I have a L4D serial tied to an old Steam account.

How do I get it to my new account? I tried "trading" it or whatever, but when I friend myself on Steam it doesn't give me the option to trade.
    network_sig2.png
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

My entire "interview" was just me ripping the sleeves off my shirt and flexing while glaring menacingly into my boss' eyes.

My job interview was me responding to every question with "I am Sancho" in varying tone of voice.
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    So I'm ten hours into Fez and due to a bug there's some rooms I can't get to, so I can't 100% the game on this save.

Started a second game to test and the door worked this time around, so I guess I need to play through everything again.

I am surprisingly not mad about this.
    My interview was me facebook messaging an ex from three years ago saying that I need a job and she said something conveniently opened up not that i still like you or anything baka
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    BsXr1JS.jpg
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    Dude -AManFromEarth I can't believe you picked Wayne, NJ. That's hilarious. I grew up there!

Weird.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    Most resumes are fake to some degree. It just makes my resume look that much better when I go against them, cheeky little fuckers.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

PROGRAMMERS

Fuck brogrammers.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    shadowane wrote: »
    Dude AManFromEarth I can't believe you picked Wayne, NJ. That's hilarious. I grew up there!

You're a helicopter parent aren't you!
    desc on
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    My job interview was my boss treating me like I was wasting his time and then getting the job because I worked in the building during undergrad.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Programmers are the best, that's why there are 10 million unqualified people pretending to be us.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

My job interview was me responding to every question with "I am Sancho" in varying tone of voice.

du fromage?
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Good morning, [chat].

tumblr_mmgqqj5F8t1qgn5e7o1_1280.jpg
    shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    kaleedity wrote: »

du fromage?

the perfect avatar/post combo

gengar
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    I was do full of shit during my interview. Fortunately the dude interviewing me didn't know anything about "nerd stuff"
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    edited May 2013
    Programmers are the best, that's why there are 10 million unqualified people pretending to be us.

Doesn't seem too hard.

Apparently I can has programming skill in, what, 9 weeks or something?
    Hamurabi on
    network_sig2.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    How can a Windows Mobile 6 device be Software Version 5.2.somethingsomething
    Also, why would anyone have a device this old and do I even care that it won't accept our new SSL certificate or not?
    *shakes Magic Geth ball*
    All signs point to No, I do not give any fucks you useless organics.
    In truth one of my roommates was from Wayne and my dad's name was Wayne so it's often my go-to random town to name in things.
    Lh96QHG.png
    can I make fun of west coast programmers

cause you guys are hilarious

I'm also super jealous of their 9 hour days and 5-4 day weeks. That shit does not fly here, even though we're the same company.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular

there are ten million unqualified people pretending to be writers too

check out fanfiction.net
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Also there's a new Lonely Island song attached to a Between Two Ferns interview. I approve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q9rLdxS7CE&feature=youtu.be

amazing
    kaleedity wrote: »

du fromage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMwPrdILEJ4
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

PROGRAMMERS

It's like no one watched Goldeneye
    don't forget jurassic park!
    Per3th.jpg
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I wonder if the people that did Gangnam Style for their first dance feel stupid yet.

why would they

check out fanfiction.net

The Fanfiction.net Dream

twilight-poster1.jpg
    network_sig2.png
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    my company is hiring programmers and i have seen 3/4 interviews fail tremendously, including one where it was almost a hostage situation where the interviewee refused to sit and just shouted about the job requirements at my boss

I NEED TUESDAYS OFF, BECAUSE I LIKE TO HAVE A DAY OFF, AND ON TUESDAYS THE DINER NEAR MY PLACE HAS A GOOD DEAL, SO THAT'S MY DAY OFF. I NEED A CHAIR THAT HELPS MY BACK, I HAVE A BAD BACK, AND I CODE BETTER IF I HAVE A HEATED PILLOW ON MY BACK, ESPECIALLY PHP

Guy's on the spectrum.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Good morning, [chat].

tumblr_mmgqqj5F8t1qgn5e7o1_1280.jpg

Is this a Johnny Gossamer thing? :D

If so, I understood that reference.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular

check out fanfiction.net

I do it for the love of fulfilling the dream of shipping tony stark and agent coulson, not for the fame.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    The weather here has been fantastic this week, but way to pleasant for May. It's like a sick joke right before we start getting 110% humidity and 100+ degree heat for six months.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I wonder if the people that did Gangnam Style for their first dance feel stupid yet.

why would they
    because dancing is ridiculous nonsense
    Per3th.jpg
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Guy's on the spectrum.

Yeah I figured
This discussion has been closed.