Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Diablo 3] Reports of the Economy's death were greatly exaggerated

• Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan Registered User regular
    Wtf!?

I wasn't even paying attention and I had a RSA insta-sell for 160M?
    "Never Hit"
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Reading in this thread about the chaos unfolding today is fascinating, but I'm also very sad I won't get to take advantage of selling gems at absurd prices since I'm at work.
    Patch 4.3 wrote:
    In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest.
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    i'm not holding onto any of my gold with the market like this

i am pimping my character out, moving to 3.01 breakpoint with a tricross etc.

ahaha 1500 life on hit at 3.01 oh mannn
    Big Red Tie on
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    It hit 150m then went down to 97m now it's 115m. Weird. At first I was confused and still am to some extent. It seems like the people buying gems on RMAH and selling on GAH stopped because you can now buy gold for what it's worth (33 cents per 10m) and you can't make free money selling gold on the RMAH.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    also J is massively rich right now
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Sold all the gems on my chars and got my balance up to over 1 billion again. The good thing is I have enough flawless squares to replace everything I sold once I craft them up... Need to go gear shopping tonight before everything inflates the fuck out.
    Incindium on
    I haven't made any profit from this gem prices madness. I consider myself good at being a middleman as I have made almost 4 billion gold in the past 2 months because of the price floor and I have made several hundred millions of gold flipping items in about 5-10 hours. Still I just can't predict this weird phenomenon.
    i made like ~4b and spent down to 2.5 just in case i see something i want
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    Why is there a not an 'accept all' button in your finished auctions tab?
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • StingeStinge Registered User regular
    Tome of Secrets went from 200g each to over 1000 each...gonna keep an eye on that too...
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Why is there a not an 'accept all' button in your finished auctions tab?
    Probably for the same reason WoW is 8.5 years old and you still have to collect mail one piece at a time.
    Patch 4.3 wrote:
    In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest.
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Well I sold some RSEs at 140m. Now I have 1.7b gold. I can afford a lot of Wormwood staffs.
    Good riddance. Now this thread can go back to talking about the game itself instead of everyone only posting about how much they just got for their most recent stack sold. :P

Haha.
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
    so i guess there's a gold dupe?

wooooo
    edited May 2013
    Radiant square rubies went from 150m to 180m in the last few minutes...this is...mesmerizing

and up to 200m in the time it took to post that
    Stinge on
    people should probably spend their gold
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Pretty much every slot I'm shopping for recently I've had items that I was keeping track of that all had buyouts I figured were say 100m-200m high. They are all gone now.
    Steam | minecraft: salty_cat | Planetside2: SpareBattery
    gw2: Tom.2439 (Short Giraffe, Saltycat, Saltydog)
  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    Well...thanks for selling my Star Amethysts instantly.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    people should probably spend their gold

Any reason? You think they're gonna clear duped gold?

Or just that the price of gold is just going to plummet.
    KoopahTroopah on
  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    ...Why are Perfect Stars going for almost the same $ as Radiant Stars? O_o
    edited May 2013
    there is literally no reason to hold onto gold right now

either they do nothing, and gold becomes worthless while item prices skyrocket
    or they rollback

but i mean i'm not gonna hold my breath for a rollback

besides if they do rollback, you get to have some fun with gear you wouldn't normally be able to afford now
    Big Red Tie on
    edited May 2013
    RSE's back at 150mil gold per.

Edit - Oh no, RSEs stuck in processing... this can't be good.
    KoopahTroopah on
    And Auction House crashed.... lol.
  • JRoseyJRosey Registered User regular
    NOOOOO
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2013
    yeah, shits goin down

i hope a rollback happens, this has been pretty good if they rollback

i've realized how nice 3.01 and tricross is :o
    Big Red Tie on
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Basically anything I would want to buy is gone now

AH is down for me now
    Steam | minecraft: salty_cat | Planetside2: SpareBattery
    gw2: Tom.2439 (Short Giraffe, Saltycat, Saltydog)
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Man, totally missed out on the craziness. Oh well, didn't have any gems or money anyway.
    Rich on Beer - I talk about drinking beer. You read about it.
    There is a gold dupe. He sold 6 billion gold for .39 cents. Cancelled the auction. And then he got free billions of gold. Gold dupe. Auction house crashed intentionally by Blizzard. Every item is being max bidded for 2 billion gold. I wish I took advantage of it and sold items on RMAH with duped gold from GAH. I never took advantage of the dupe.
  • JRoseyJRosey Registered User regular
    I was in the midst of upgrading my 70k dps WD boooooo.
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2013
    Huh, how could they possibly even do a rollback with the RMAH anyway?

EDIT: I mean, whatever, I probably shouldn't have ended up with 1.2 billion (didn't dupe, but clearly got gold from people who did?), and I was just in the middle of buying up all the blacksmithing patterns I didn't have; so it's not like I'll have lost much anyway.

Still, how would that even work; it'd cost Blizzard a fortune trying to do millions of tiny chargebacks and refunds etc to 'fix' it.

Getting rid of the gold from dupers isn't even feasable since it is just dispersed so much now I'm sure.
    The Dude With Herpes on
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
    nah, this is definitely getting rolled back or dupers are getting banned
    yeah, shits goin down

i hope a rollback happens, this has been pretty good if they rollback

i've realized how nice 3.01 and tricross is :o

All I know is I got 2bil gold and about 30 RSEs for around $23 blizzbucks.
    edited May 2013

EDIT: I mean, whatever, I probably shouldn't have ended up with 1.2 billion (didn't dupe, but clearly got gold from people who did?), and I was just in the middle of buying up all the blacksmithing patterns I didn't have; so it's not like I'll have lost much anyway.

Still, how would that even work; it'd cost Blizzard a fortune trying to do millions of tiny chargebacks and refunds etc to 'fix' it.

Getting rid of the gold from dupers isn't even feasable since it is just dispersed so much now I'm sure.
    slowly and painfully

what the hey invisible edit quotes
    Big Red Tie on
  • SavantSavant Registered User regular

Well, a lot of the stuff doesn't go through immediately, especially when paying out to paypal. They could reverse the blizbucks levels too since it is just an in company balance, the only big problem is people buying in with paypal money.

They'd be nuts to not have a contingency plan for something like this happening, so we'll see.
    Yeah it'll be interesting.

Tracking gold in WoW with the way it works there is one thing, tracking it in D3 with god knows how many transactions a second...both gold and RMAH...:rotate:

I just want the rest of the patterns I had awaiting claiming in the AH.
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Gee, I'm jealous that I missed all the excitement now. Boo being stuck at work.
    At least they did something. Somebody at Blizz HQ is getting Overtime tonight!
    Heh, I can't even really play since all my characters are currently gem-less and thus pretty weak. :lol:

I guess I could roll one of my lowbies.
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
    "inigo had 420 bil."

Comment from that stream that was linked. Hahaha.
  • RozRoz Registered User regular
    in before "always on" etc etc.
    Oh dude what the fuck...

uakEPrh.jpg