Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Diablo 3] Reports of the Economy's death were greatly exaggerated

1202122232426»

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    What if I kidnap your family?

The question is: is that a threat or is that a favor?

Because...
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    It's kind of a small market. I will suggest to people that they do searches for gear that they want and just swap between RMAH and gold. Keep in mind the conversion rate of $3 ~ 100m and see where things go crazy.
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    just sold a pretty meh ring for $60
    lol

68 int
    9 IAS
    6 crit
    29 CD
    Big Red Tie on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    How the fu... well max crit and IAS is a bit better than meh but still.
    steam_sig.png
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    is that ring worth the retail price of the game in which it was purchased?

these are the questions we must ask

i certainly didn't pay anywhere near 2b for it
  • MatzMatz Registered User regular
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    It's kind of a small market. I will suggest to people that they do searches for gear that they want and just swap between RMAH and gold. Keep in mind the conversion rate of $3 ~ 100m and see where things go crazy.

What if I tell you there is a heaven for penises and I will take you there...
    1367739794ae.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Zek wrote: »
    it was in the blog

the signet will have scaled up stats but the exp won't be because its unique

The exp won't scale because it's a level-agnostic affix. +20-30% exp is already awesome for Inferno - same for move speed. But unique stuff like the stats of a summoned follower will surely scale.
    that's not really a stat that can be rescaled like the rest

another way to look at it: is 1% crit on inna's pants awesome? not really, but that 1% is unique to pants, and has no pants affix to scale off of. now, they could easily raise it to 6%, but that's something else.

That's different, Inna's was specifically chosen to have 1% at ilvl63. That's no reason that a low level unique affix can't scale. Their design goal is to make all Legendaries competitive at ilvl63, and for items where that necessarily involves scaling the unique bonus, they'll do that. Especially since they specifically said they want more emphasis on unique bonuses.
    Zek on
    there's nothing for it to scale off of, though, it's unique

they would have to manually retune it to be level 60
    Why wouldn't they do that? Actually he specifically said that the +exp on Leoric's Signet would scale:
    Travis: Yes, Legendary and Set items will be valid drops from monsters at whatever point in the level range they are first introduced.

I have seen some people speculate over whether or not this means the experience bonus on Leoric's Signet will increase, and the answer to that specific question is "yes," but how each bonus on a Legendary or Set items scales will ultimately depend on the bonus itself. Some bonuses (such as the +EXP bonus on Leoric’s Signet) scale equally well from level 1 to level 60. On the other hand, some bonuses like procs that generate pets, or procs that deal damage effects, don’t always scale well as you get to the higher levels, but those will be changed wherever possible to scale with the level that they drop at.

Ultimately, we want to make sure the things that make Legendary and set items interesting continue to make them interesting at the end game, and in some cases they already do, so we just need to fix the other stats on the item.
    i don't think we're even talking about the same thing and i don't care anymore
    Some info on 1.0.8 farming routes

The comments suggest Forgotten Ruins.
  • darklite_xdarklite_x I can't find Turner and HoochRegistered User regular
    So question, I've got like $3.50 left over in blizzbucks. Should I spend this on gold or gems? After coming back from hiatus, I'm sitting at 30m gold.
    0b3ZR.jpg
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    I always went into the Forgotten Ruins. That place is great.
    Rich on Beer - I talk about drinking beer. You read about it.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    darklite_x wrote: »
    So question, I've got like $3.50 left over in blizzbucks. Should I spend this on gold or gems? After coming back from hiatus, I'm sitting at 30m gold.

It might be better now just to buy the gold. RSEs go for .82 and sell for 26mil as of this post. ((3.5/.82) * 26) = about 110mil gold. Where as gold goes for .34 for 10 mil. ((3.5/.34) * 10) =about 102mil.

This is all before Blizzfees©.
    KoopahTroopah on
    It feels so wrong to buy gold.
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular

I am doing weeping hollows and fields of misery over and over and that farming route looks okay but I'm not sure if it's good for me. I don't kill most elites it takes too long. mp10 means monsters have 34X as much hp. If you do 340K DPS it's like doing 10k dps in mp0. I do want to mix up my farming routes but I think the 2 zones I do have more trash relative to elites not that there aren't tons of trash in his farming route.

I'm considering adding festering woods to mix things up. I may try his farming route simply to spice things up.
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I kind of want to play alts more. I spend the vast majority of my time playing my barbarian. If I play alts more I become poorer because for a long time I wasn't very wealthy in this game now I have 4 billion gold. If I had spent more time with alts from the beginning I'd probably not even have 1 billion gold net worth across all characters because of how the game works.

You buy gear to farm faster. Even when I flip, the more capital you have the more gold you make per hour.
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    If you're that wealthy, you can flip sc gold for hc gold and live as a king in hc land.
    fe6roy500x80_zps3a6a94b6.jpg
    With that much money you can gear an alt for MP9-10 and make up the PL difference in no time. No better time to do it than now with the anniversary bonus.
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    With that much money you can gear an alt for MP9-10 and make up the PL difference in no time. No better time to do it than now with the anniversary bonus.

No joke. With the weekend EXP bonus you could probably get a character up in just a few hours. Weekend bonus plus hellfire plus leorics plus a radiant star in the helm? Like a boss.

Plus radiant stars in every other socket, so you can crank to MP10 and still speed run.
    mcdermott on
    Are Hellfire/Leoric's even worth using anymore? Those additive exp bonuses are not that impressive compared to the new baseline from MP.
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    since they stack, I don't see what's not impressive about it.

What's better than double xp?

Triple.
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
    shadowane wrote: »
    It feels so wrong to buy gold.
    it feels even more wrong to not list any gold

at least i have 10 items up though
    since they stack, I don't see what's not impressive about it.

What's better than double xp?

Triple.

At MP10 you have +510% base. Wearing a ring with probably less than ideal stats to increase that another 30% seems silly.
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan Registered User regular
    Are Hellfire/Leoric's even worth using anymore? Those additive exp bonuses are not that impressive compared to the new baseline from MP.

EXP % bonuses are no longer additive in 1.08, linky.
    "Never Hit"

My kingdom for a community of interlocutors who read the fucking patch notes: "The Experience bonus can stack with other bonuses from items and Monster Power (the bonuses will stack multiplicatively)"

Experience bonuses are no longer additive. They are multiplicative. What does that mean?
    Additive (old method):
    500% base + 1 stack of neph (15%) = new bonus exp of 515%
    500% base + 2 stacks of neph (15% + 15%) = new bonus exp of 530%
    ….
    500% base + 5 stack of neph (75% total) = new bonus exp of 575%

Multiplicative (new method in 1.0.8):
    500% base + 1 stack of neph (* 1.15) = new bonus exp of 575%
    500% base + 2 stack of neph (* 1.3) = new bonus exp of 650%
    ….
    500% base + 5 stack of neph (* 1.75) = new bonus exp of 875%

add on another 30% for 4 player bonus:
    500% base + 5 stack neph (1.75 + .3 coop bonus 2.05) = 1025%

To your specific concern about the XP rings: "It also means a hellfire ring is now worth 61.25% experience with 5 stacks, and 75.25% in a 4 player game with 5 stacks. "

Source
  • MordaRazgromMordaRazgrom Морда Разгром Ruling the Taffer KingdomRegistered User regular
    Thank you for that _J_ I was actually wondering why Diablo has started dropping a lot more stuff lately.

I'm at a damn brick wall with my monk, unfortunately. Almost ready to throw in the towel and start playing the Auction House game. At MP0 I am getting my ass kicked by elites and champions, and have, sadly, very little that I can answer them with. My survivability is perfectly fine, although I think I focused too much on it. Yes, my statement seems contradictory, I should specify that champions and elites are kicking my ass not through sheer amount of damage, but through the fact that I'm doing nothing to them while they're slowly whittling my health away.
    I did pick me up a crazy fist weapon off the AH the other day, pretty cool looking ball-mace-duct-taped-to-arm thing. Does pretty good too. I think I need better than 29k DPS :P
    Ignoring crit damage+ and attack speed are probably what are hurting me the most.
    Monster Hunter Tri code/username: 1MF42Z (Morda)
    WiiU Username: MordaRazgrom
    Steam Username: MordaRazgrom
    WoW/Diablo 3 Battlenet Battletag: MordaRazgrom#1755
    Me and my wife have a gamer YouTube page if interested www.youtube.com/TeamMarriage
    Item and MP exp bonuses are additive. NV and co-op exp bonuses are multiplicative.

At five stacks, your base bonus from MP10 is 892.5%. 61.25% still isn't amazing in comparison.
    i have been getting toooons of legendaries lately, EXP has also been great
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan Registered User regular
    More like _SlowJ_
    "Never Hit"
    sumwar wrote: »

I am doing weeping hollows and fields of misery over and over and that farming route looks okay but I'm not sure if it's good for me. I don't kill most elites it takes too long. mp10 means monsters have 34X as much hp. If you do 340K DPS it's like doing 10k dps in mp0.

If it takes a long time to kill elite packs, then your MP level is too high. Efficiency is achieved by maximizing your experience acquisition over time. Punching yourself in the dick at MP10 may be less advantageous than speedily clearing mobs on, say, MP7.

You can play around with the Fantastic Awesome XP Bonus Calculator on diablo.somepage, that ought to be added to the OP, because holy crap this thing is wonderful to determine what you lose / gain by dropping to a lower MP level.
    edited May 2013
    Item and MP exp bonuses are additive. NV and co-op exp bonuses are multiplicative.

At five stacks, your base bonus from MP10 is 892.5%. 61.25% still isn't amazing in comparison.

Not sure where you got that number. According to the XP Bonus Calculator of wonder and merriment. MP10 with 5 stacks is +967.5%. Hellfire ring bumps it to +1028.8%.
    _J_ on
    More like _SlowJ_

Hey, I had to copy AND paste that content. Anybody can just throw out a link.
  • MordaRazgromMordaRazgrom Морда Разгром Ruling the Taffer KingdomRegistered User regular
    More like _SlowJ_

Hey, I had to copy AND paste that content. Anybody can just throw out a link.

This right here is why I appreciate. I am not always able to click on links or read patch notes, it's good to have someone parse out the high points in a post.
    Monster Hunter Tri code/username: 1MF42Z (Morda)
    WiiU Username: MordaRazgrom
    Steam Username: MordaRazgrom
    WoW/Diablo 3 Battlenet Battletag: MordaRazgrom#1755
    Me and my wife have a gamer YouTube page if interested www.youtube.com/TeamMarriage
    Neither of those links work _J_.