Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Diablo 3] Reports of the Economy's death were greatly exaggerated

• MatzMatz Registered User regular
    Holy crap. I just sold 50M. Wasn't even one of the first batch I put up. But prob 14 hours after the AH came up again. Bizarre... Who are these stupid people buying it?
    1367739794ae.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    people that don't give any fucks
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    i don't think it matters what weapon setup you use

2h has the obvious benefit of more lifesteal, but 1h is more fine-grain and you reset archon faster if it drops

Yeah, I think I'll stick with SKOOOOORN for now. Now trying to figure out whether to swap out my pants (Inna's) or my bracers (Lacunis) for move speed...I'm thinking pants will be cheaper?

Mah girl.

I need to swap out skills, specifically Chain Lightning ain't doing shit for me and not sure I need Frost Nova and Diamond Skin. Particularly if I can get my Archon uptime higher.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    yeah archons use innas, since crafted bracers are too s1ck

make a sever DH
    make bank?
    natgaze_zps7c42bc97.png
    Big Red Tie on
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Nice.

Also I just won this for 115m:

sJTWKWH.png

My max bid was 180m and I didn't think I'd win it...
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
    grats dude, that's a really nice WH. you're a WD right? that pickup radius
    Yep, pick up all the things.

I've been having fun playing pub games because you get to see people die a lot and they don't really slow you down very much any more.
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I've been selling items like crazy (like 8-9 sales over the past two days), but that gold sale picture is a thing of beauty.

Since we're reporting sales though, I just flipped a pair of 80mil Inna's pants for $12.
    KoopahTroopah on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    I was the winning bid on a skorn up until about 2 minutes left at 4.5 million. Pretty sure it ended up selling for around 45-50 million. Funny.
    Rich on Beer - I talk about drinking beer. You read about it.
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Just curious anyone have a good rule of thumb they use to determine how much Gold it's reasonable to pay per 1K of DPS increases on gear?
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    After a certain DPS threshold there ceases being a "reasonable" point. Every increase in DPS costs a ton. Once you hit that point you decide if you are done updating your character or not. and if you want to keep doing it, you just accept its gonna be a expensive as balls.
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: Caretta#1196
    HexDex wrote: »
    After a certain DPS threshold there ceases being a "reasonable" point. Every increase in DPS costs a ton. Once you hit that point you decide if you are done updating your character or not. and if you want to keep doing it, you just accept its gonna be a expensive as balls.

I hit that point this weekend actually. It sucks.
    edited May 2013
    I sold a couple things this weekend and trying to decide what to do with the money. I'm guessing just waiting for the floor to be raised to 10 million is the best bet, then wait and see what gems do. But I need money again. Oh well.

edit: Also, holy shit, someone just bought my 20 million gold. 1 auction. People are imbeciles. Well, as long as it clears but I expect it'll be fine. I almost cancelled it too since I needed money. Real glad I didn't do that!
    shadowane on
    yeah i sold 40m gold, what are people even doing
  • RoloRolo Registered User regular
    Tried to sell 30m, no go.

Afraid that patch tuesday will bring the lowered gold floor... I suppose I should spend this gold now before inflation shoots up.
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    So if I wanted to buy an affordable set of gear for my WD for when he hits 60, before the 1M>10M thing goes in; what should I aim for?
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    Only in America!

No, seriously, my gold stacks haven't been selling for weeks.
    fe6roy500x80_zps3a6a94b6.jpg
  • bwaniebwanie Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    can someone clue me in on the price on that helm?

edit: because i don't see why it's so high...
    bwanie on
    HexDex wrote: »

I hit that point this weekend actually. It sucks.

Yeah. The only upside is that usually by this point you've got enough stake in the AH that you can make money hustling instead of farming.

Though now you gotta hustle just to beat inflation.
    What do we think about gem prices? These are insane, and won't last, right? I mean flawless squares, that is.

I mean, I remember paying 9K for emeralds a while back, but they came down. Now they're ALL stupid expensive.
    edited May 2013
    bwanie wrote: »

it's legacy nats, the 4 piece bonus is very good

it has a limited supply which is further constrained by the valuable roll on it (crit chance)

also it looks like someone bought them all up, i only see one for 1b now which has 70 vit. but there is one for 600m on the RMAH that isn't selling, so, yeah
    Big Red Tie on
    edited May 2013
    bwanie wrote: »

Looks like crit doesn't come automatically on the helm so that's why. Makes up for not having a socket.

edit: Umm, I'm also not sure Natalya's Gaze is still in the game.
    shadowane on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Been playing co-op lately but I think I'm going back to singleplayer. The farming was efficient enough but I just don't like the gameplay as much. Your personal contributions are less and it sort of feels like a big disorganized clusterfuck. Not that D2 was any different.

Zek wrote: »
    Been playing co-op lately but I think I'm going back to singleplayer. The farming was efficient enough but I just don't like the gameplay as much. Your personal contributions are less and it sort of feels like a big disorganized clusterfuck. Not that D2 was any different.

Need to change up your build for co-op.
    as a CM wiz my single player is a clusterfuck of explosions and numbers anyway
    mcdermott wrote: »
    What do we think about gem prices? These are insane, and won't last, right? I mean flawless squares, that is.

I mean, I remember paying 9K for emeralds a while back, but they came down. Now they're ALL stupid expensive.

The Flawless Squares are likely all so high as a result of most of them being bought out when the Radiants spiked at 150mill from the gold Dupers. I bought 10k or more flawless squares trying to get them crafted up at that time to take advantage of those prices... Still have quite a few Emeralds that I crafted up a level or two. Would it make more sense to sell them for gold or hang onto them until the gold floor drops again?
    Incindium wrote: »
    mcdermott wrote: »

The Flawless Squares are likely all so high as a result of most of them being bought out when the Radiants spiked at 150mill from the gold Dupers. I bought 10k or more flawless squares trying to get them crafted up at that time to take advantage of those prices... Still have quite a few Emeralds that I crafted up a level or two. Would it make more sense to sell them for gold or hang onto them until the gold floor drops again?

You don't want to sell for gold with an impending gold floor drop.

Unless you think you can convert from gold-> blizzbucks before the floor drops.
    edited May 2013
    I'll have to look and see what I could to with the gold if I sold them for gold... Haven't sold any stacks listed yet but it might be worth trying to flip some items.
    I could also craft them up and then RMAH for Blizzbucks but not sure if that would be better than holding onto them.
    Incindium on
    edited May 2013
    Actually, I think "craft all" might have bumped flawless square prices too. It's actually reasonable now to craft your own all the way up rather than buy and let somebody else macro/bot it for you.

Since technically that was verboten before.

Edit: I made a couple hundred mil crafting before I discovered flipping, it was easy. Now they all sell for a loss based on current input gem prices.
    mcdermott on
    and then i sold 60m more, right now. on a monday
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I don't see myself upgrading items much if at all until next expansion. I have 3.8b gold and 51 blizzbucks. I don't know if I'm going to sell that gold or not but I would prefer to hold blizzbucks as it fights inflation fantastically.
    also it pays for the expansion ;)
    im still just waiting for that one drop

set me up for life
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    I'll keep it as a trophy.

Unless it's a Manticore, because fuck DHs.
    fe6roy500x80_zps3a6a94b6.jpg
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Gold is so freaking low right now in price. Once they lower the gold floor it will be 25-30 cents per 10 million. How much lower can it get? Gold was selling just above the 25 cents per mil price floor early jan/late december, 5.5 months ago. I can't imagine 1000% inflation in the next 5 months, I can't imagine even 500%. Gold is already so damn cheap.
    sumwar on
    Until gems are 25 cents for a gem and sell for the same amount as the gold it takes on the GAH, it can get a bit lower.
  • dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    So I don't have a smartphone and I don't want to pay 30 bucks for an authenticator. Anyone know a way to sideload the authenticator app onto say a Kindle Fire HD?
    authenticators are $5
    So if I wanted to buy an affordable set of gear for my WD for when he hits 60, before the 1M>10M thing goes in; what should I aim for?

Depends on the budget. I would recommend Zuni's set, Thing of the Deep, something with move speed (Lacunis are a good choice) and a nice 1.2 attacks/sec crit damage+socket 1-hander (no elemental damage). If you have the ToTD pickup radius you can get ~10-15k health on globe and avoid having to get life steal on your weapon. I'm pretty sure you can get cheap versions of all those legendaries. For the rest of the slots fill it up with crit chance, crit damage, intelligence and vitality as you see fit. Witching hour is a nice DPS belt but you can replace with a regular belt with int/life%/vit/all res if you don't have enough survivability on the rest of your gear.
    Zek wrote: »

I play on MP5 and just run ahead of the group killing most stuff and leaving them the stragglers. Every once in a while they catch up and I get to see some more cool stuff happen. The monster density upgrade really makes GI/GF shine.
    So projections on RSEs after the legit 10mil change?