Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Diablo 3] Reports of the Economy's death were greatly exaggerated

• shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Picked up a nice Skorn, 1344 dps, 175 crit damage, 333 strength and 305 vit for 5.2 million earlier. That plus a ring bumped by HP from 42k to 62k which feels so much better. MP7 act 1 was super easy. Also replaced overpower with Sprint and wow that makes a difference. I feel much less like I'm dragging a piano.
    Rich on Beer - I talk about drinking beer. You read about it.
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    idk, a follower with the right weapon and lots of their primary stat, they can pull off a several hundred DPS, which if you are pulling ~60k dps is still 0.5-1.0% more DPS for cheap. I mean I wouldn't spend millions... almost all my followers have gear I found on the ground that I would have vendered/sharded anyway. I only recently found out their magic-find has an effect, so I probably should have prioritized that somewhat, but meh. Now that I'm 60 and have paragon levels and five stacks of Valor of Finding Stuff, MF isn't very hard to come by.
    [47 6F 6F 64 20 4A 6F 62 21 0]
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I use the scoundrel because I like the crit chance. I was thinking of getting a buriza but the good ones are expensive and survivability isn't a huge concern to me at the moment since I have good health/resist and life steal with good damage. I should get a buriza one day though with good freeze chance and piercing.
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Yes, their primary benefit is buffs from their skills. It is known.
    Monkey Ball Warrior on
    [47 6F 6F 64 20 4A 6F 62 21 0]
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Shit, I think the last follower I outfitted (within a percent of the maximum possible MF, I think) cost maybe 100k.

Yeah, I'd have to look. I think I was actually trying to get him "good" gear...relevant mainstat, some damage/vit buffs, etc. And get him near-max GF/MF. And I think it was well under 1M...I think the most expensive pieces were 100K or less.

Oddly enough, even though it's basically a worthless piece, I've sold some well rolled follower items (librams and whatnot) for up around 10M. Low availability probably helps there, since nobody bothers picking them up.

I sold a 90% crit one for something like 50M so I'd pick them up.
    steam_sig.png
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I'm bidding on a bunch of lacuni's and witching hours that should expire in maintenance. A portion of people don't try to bid much on items until they're close to expiring. I don't have as much bidding competition:). I never did this before, I should do it more often haha. Well we'll see tomorrow how successful I am.

edit: I assume the gold floor will drop tomorrow.
    sumwar on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    sumwar wrote: »
    I'm bidding on a bunch of lacuni's and witching hours that should expire in maintenance. A portion of people don't try to bid much on items until they're close to expiring. I don't have as much bidding competition:). I never did this before, I should do it more often haha. Well we'll see tomorrow how successful I am.

edit: I assume the gold floor will drop tomorrow.

I call it the Fire Sale. They hold one every week!

You can get some screamin' deals.

And I always always always pick up follower tokens. Jewelry, follower items, one-handers, and....that's about it.

• SkeightmachineSkeightmachine Registered User regular
    I wish every weapon that has over 1100 dps and a socket was not listed on the ah for two beez. Beez beez. Everywhere I look there are so many beez!
    no shit. everything is just super fuckspensive right now.
  • Jacks_ColonJacks_Colon Registered User regular
    Can anyone give me an idea on what gear I should be looking at to move past MP2? I'm kind of stuck

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SignScratch-1495/hero/24427614
    yIsJU.png
    Can anyone give me an idea on what gear I should be looking at to move past MP2? I'm kind of stuck

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SignScratch-1495/hero/24427614

I'm not loving your bracers or your neck. I'd maybe roll some crafted bracers, or buy something decent. Neck I'd buy, but I hate neck crafting.

Also...um...you're running OWE? But I don't see you stacking any resist. You've got +300 All Resist, but I only see like 30 of Cold and 40 of Fire. Either ditch OWE, or start looking to replace gear that has All Resist (and doesn't come with it "standard") with some other resist. You'll still pay for it, mind you, but less. Then you can sell your All Resist pieces to fund that.
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Well, my goal today was to hit 60; ended up finishing up to Act IV in Inferno.

Only at the tail end of Act III was anything providing even a moderate challenge; and even then I was only dying to bullshit like jailers trapping me, dropping a arcane beam right on top of me and then exploding on me. :rotate:

I'll finish Act IV later.

Also I think the "finish in under an hour" timers are broked. There's no way act III took me longer than an hour to beat, I blew through that shit in barely over half hour. :(

EDIT: What are keywardens? I kept running into them, but they just dropped normal boss stuff.
    The Dude With Herpes on
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
    Well, my goal today was to hit 60; ended up finishing up to Act IV in Inferno.

Only at the tail end of Act III was anything providing even a moderate challenge; and even then I was only dying to bullshit like jailers trapping me, dropping a arcane beam right on top of me and then exploding on me. :rotate:

I'll finish Act IV later.

Also I think the "finish in under an hour" timers are broked. There's no way act III took me longer than an hour to beat, I blew through that shit in barely over half hour. :(

EDIT: What are keywardens? I kept running into them, but they just dropped normal boss stuff.

Keywardens have a random chance to drop keys, 5% at MP0 (why you didn't get them) then 10% for each MP thereafter (10% at MP1, 90% at MP9).

There's one in each act.

The first three each drop their own keys. The fourth drops either the plans for the blacksmith to make the infernal machine (requires each key to craft), or a random key. Collect three keys, make a "box." Take a box to the Heretic's Abode in New Tristram, open a portal. Behind that portal, fight an uber boss battle. Then, following the same probability (10% per MP, 5% at MP0) they will drop an ingredient for a hellfire ring. There are three boss battles, three ingredients.

If you have three boxes, you can open all three portals (this is the most efficient way, combined with running the highest MP you can...at least MP5 or you're wasting your time).

Collect keys, make boxes, fight ubers, craft rings.

And all the rings will be garbage. But they give 35% experience boost, so they're still worth it.
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    So I sold 20m in the wee hours this morning.

Thanks impatient D3 players.
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: Caretta#1196
    Yeah I've had some recent success selling jewelry and some stuff. I'm out of money again though so I'm trying to decide what to do. If the floor goes back to 10 million, I could wait for it to hit 25 cents and just straight buy gold or I could wait a couple days and see if gems go down in price on the RMAH or up on the gold. It's hard to decide.
  • BigityBigity Registered User regular
    Freaking D3 has Tuesday maintenence too. Damnit.
    steam_sig.png
    shadowane wrote: »
    Yeah I've had some recent success selling jewelry and some stuff. I'm out of money again though so I'm trying to decide what to do. If the floor goes back to 10 million, I could wait for it to hit 25 cents and just straight buy gold or I could wait a couple days and see if gems go down in price on the RMAH or up on the gold. It's hard to decide.

Yeah, I'd give it a couple days and see where the price settles. Even if it sucks not having the gear you need.

What are you looking for? Just general upgrades?
    mcdermott wrote: »

Yeah, I'd give it a couple days and see where the price settles. Even if it sucks not having the gear you need.

What are you looking for? Just general upgrades?
    Yeah mostly. And flipping things. I'm not actually in a hurry so it's cool, but it sucks not having money again. I'm just impatient mostly. Plus, not having money means you can't really play the AH which is boring.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    i haven't noticed prices being that out of wack?

i'm betting they'll be worse after the gold cap change though, even though it doesn't really change much
    I have noticed a lot of price wackiness since the AH's came back up. The number of items people feel suddenly are worth half a billion + gold is hilarious. My guess is people will return to their senses after a few days their mediocre loot failing to make them over night billionaires.

Basically, the issues is people for whatever reason believe there is MUCH more gold in the economy currently than there actually is.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    hmm, maybe i'm just blocking out the ridiculous prices
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    HexDex wrote: »

Heh so know that Litany of the Undaunted I showed you that I bought for 45million yesterday? Well I sold my old one that wasn't as good for $3 on AH last night($2 net Blizbucks). So yeah I didn't over pay for it.
    Incindium on
    Incindium wrote: »

Heh so know that Litany of the Undaunted I showed you that I bought for 45million yesterday? Well I sold my old one that wasn't as good for $3 on AH last night($2 net Blizbucks). So yeah I didn't over pay for it.

It wasn't so much I thought you over paid, I just didn't realize how much more dps it would be for you, and that the market on that item was that robust. Good deal!
    litany also has that 7% elite reduction. that's a ton
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    I dunno, I've been selling stuff for blizzbucks pretty rapidly since the AH has been back up. Still couldn't sell gold though.
    edited May 2013
    Patch notes for those at work:
    Diablo III Patch 1.0.8a – v.1.0.8.16603
    General

Made improvements to address "rubberbanding" issues encountered when using movement-based abilities like Tempest Rush, Strafe, and Whirlwind

Auction House

The stack size of gold on the real-money auction house has been increased again to 10 million (up from 1 million)

Classes

Barbarian
    Passive Skills
    Inspiring Presence
    Will once again be displayed under Life per Second on the character sheet

User Interface

Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 that prevented Item Label Display preferences from being saved

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 causing dungeon exits to sometimes be placed in abnormally close proximity to the entrance
    Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 that prevented players with Starter Edition accounts from being upgraded when playing in an IGR
    HexDex on
    yeah i've pretty much given up on selling gold directly

which is ok because ill just buy items to sell
    Looks like I will have to learn the item flip game. Le sigh. Gold was so much easier! haha
    Looks like I will have to learn the item flip game. Le sigh. Gold was so much easier! haha

Meh, I've made much more money on items than I have on gold.
    I've sold chintzy things for a couple dollars here and there but haven't managed to sell anything substantial. Think I just need more gold to do that.
    I don't doubt it's profitability, I just hate the risk that I buy some items for gold I can't unload.
    As long as you are smart, and you should be if you are flipping, you can always unload it for at least however much gold you bought it for in my opinion.
    As long as you are smart, and you should be if you are flipping, you can always unload it for at least however much gold you bought it for in my opinion.

I've mentioned it before, but the only item I've gotten a negative return on was a chest piece I misread. Every other item has either given me a huge profit or broke even in terms of gold exchange rate.

Still wish I hoped on the gold train when the AH came back up. That was silly.

More or less. I think there's a fair amount of skill involved in flipping, though. It's really easy to get stuck with a piece that just won't sell, and take a loss.

Not a huge loss. But at least a "15% blizzard fee" loss. I've had that happen a few times.

Overall, though, the gains on the profitable items should more than outweigh that. Out of ten items I flipped before the market went sideways, eight sold for profit. Two sold for losses. Still made quite a bit.
    Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 causing dungeon exits to sometimes be placed in abnormally close proximity to the entrance

Awwwww! :lol:

I ran into that a few times last night (and why I know I finished Act 3 in well under an hour but didn't get the achievement), and it was pretty funny.

Finished inferno entirely last night on my WD. Good times. It never got difficult, really; but it was just my first run through Inferno ever so no MP or anything fancy like that.

Still, fun. Once I shifted gears after hitting 60 to not feel like I had to search out every nook and cranny in every map, and just keep on the move pushing through the hordes and through the acts it became a lot more fun and fast paced.

I'm not sure what I want to do with my WD now though. I'm not sure I can really bring myself to dive into the monster power inferno grinding. I think I'm just going to move to a different character and go from there.

Is there a more efficent way of just general leveling (not paragon levels) than playing through the game normally? Once I hit 60 on my WD, got the good gear I had bought and just steamrolled everything, that shit was a blast. Challenge is overrated.

Incidentally, is the Wizard crit focused like the WD? I'm assuming yes due to being similarly dps locked to mana pool. Just wondering how much gear I can share.
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
    crit is generally good on wizards because they get AP from it on certain items

Awwwww! :lol:

I ran into that a few times last night (and why I know I finished Act 3 in well under an hour but didn't get the achievement), and it was pretty funny.

Finished inferno entirely last night on my WD. Good times. It never got difficult, really; but it was just my first run through Inferno ever so no MP or anything fancy like that.

Still, fun. Once I shifted gears after hitting 60 to not feel like I had to search out every nook and cranny in every map, and just keep on the move pushing through the hordes and through the acts it became a lot more fun and fast paced.

I'm not sure what I want to do with my WD now though. I'm not sure I can really bring myself to dive into the monster power inferno grinding. I think I'm just going to move to a different character and go from there.

Is there a more efficent way of just general leveling (not paragon levels) than playing through the game normally? Once I hit 60 on my WD, got the good gear I had bought and just steamrolled everything, that shit was a blast. Challenge is overrated.

Incidentally, is the Wizard crit focused like the WD? I'm assuming yes due to being similarly dps locked to mana pool. Just wondering how much gear I can share.

Yes. You use a hellfire ring for your alt and play with monster power turned on, then get a reduced level weapon at 42 and keep the monster power cranked. You will level hilariously fast.
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Also put a Hellfire on your alts follower. And Radiant ruby in a helm as soon as you can have socketed helms.
    Incindium on
    I didn't know you could turn on the monster power stuff pre 60/inferno.

So I guess I need go get a hellfire ring. :rotate:
    - FFXI.png Kingshand