Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Diablo 3] Reports of the Economy's death were greatly exaggerated

• JookieJookie Registered User regular
    If people are looking to do uber runs, I have three portals and a monk to throw into the pile hopefully I can be useful.
    Jookie#1175

I haven't actually really played this game with people...ever, I don't think. About five hours with one friend and then my sub-forty still Nightmare (I think) barbarian has been predominately with others but he doesn't count.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    dark mage's shade will be incredible once it's scaled up

it has guaranteed: int, vit, crit, skill bonus. 2 randoms for AR, socket, or APOC

if it's a skill bonus that you need it will be a great hat
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I understand some frustration with the AH but there is no way I would want it to be removed. I am upset that Jay Wilson said the AH was a mistake. Travis Day also said it was a mistake today on a twitch.tv streamer's stream.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    it's pretty much just PR though isn't it?
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan Registered User regular
    dark mage's shade will be incredible once it's scaled up

it has guaranteed: int, vit, crit, skill bonus. 2 randoms for AR, socket, or APOC

if it's a skill bonus that you need it will be a great hat

Except that they've said that the higher the base item level the less scaling the item will receive. Yeah, it's all conjecture and whatnot on both their part and my own, but with it being ilvl 58 it'll probably scale to 100-120 stats, crit won't change, skill bonuses will equal to Storm Crow's, and then yeah... the randoms which will help it a lot.
    "Never Hit"
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    ha, nice, increased drops for the anniversary

edited May 2013
    i don't think that's how scaling works

there are "affixes" for every level range of stat, an ilvl 63 item just pulls those down unless it's a unique stat i believe

and since none of the stats on the shade are unique, they'll all probably scale fully up to ilvl 63

IMO they're taking their time with the itemization patch for reasons other than the rescaling legendaries, which shouldn't take too long. probably working on ideas for gold sinks that relate to new itemization
    Big Red Tie on
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan Registered User regular
    i don't think that's how scaling works

there are "affixes" for every level range of stat, an ilvl 63 item just pulls those down unless it's a unique stat i believe

and since none of the stats on the shade are unique, they'll all probably scale fully up to ilvl 63

Like I said, it's conjecture. I'm just basing that off of the snippets of what they've said will be involved in the scaling; fixed stat ranges, non-balanced improvement in ilvl difference, etc.

Trust me, I'd be more than happy to be wrong as I love that damn hat.

Also, they're going to allow you to dye legendaries in the next patch, so you can wear what you want and still look fly.
    "Never Hit"
    based off the scaling they did for rares based on ilvl it seems it'll be that way
  • No Great NameNo Great Name Registered User regular
    who wants to marvel
    Xbox Live: OGSirToons PSN: NoGreatName Bnet Tag: SirToons#1214 NNID: SirToons
    Steam ID: SirToons 3DS: 3024-5277-3254 Twitch: SirToons check.php?c=sirtoons
    oh for sure
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    My understanding of it is that every Legendary in the game is being completely detached from ilvl - the ilvl it was in 1.0.8 isn't relevant. A legendary that is predetermined to have great Str will have great Str relative to the level you find it at. I think that most if not all of the legendaries are being revisited alongside this though so who knows which ones will or won't be good.
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    My understanding of it is that every Legendary in the game is being completely detached from ilvl - the ilvl it was in 1.0.8 isn't relevant. A legendary that is predetermined to have great Str will have great Str relative to the level you find it at. I think that most if not all of the legendaries are being revisited alongside this though so who knows which ones will or won't be good.

I wonder about items like Leoric's Signet. Will the bonus XP scale? Or just the str/dex/int. Is the crit chance stuck at 1%, or could an ilvl 63 Signet have 6%?

Also items like Slave Bonds. A lvl 33 bracer with movement speed. If the stat configuration remains the same, and numbers increase, those could be good for Barbs at ilvl 63.

A few low level amulets could be useful as well, at ilvl 63.

May be interesting. Or it may be quite disappointing.
    it was in the blog

the signet will have scaled up stats but the exp won't be because its unique
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    it was in the blog

The exp won't scale because it's a level-agnostic affix. +20-30% exp is already awesome for Inferno - same for move speed. But unique stuff like the stats of a summoned follower will surely scale.
    Zek on
    it was in the blog

That's right. They did mention it. I blocked that blog from my memory since their AH section was not, "Suck it up and farm the AH you ungrateful silly geese."
    edited May 2013
    Zek wrote: »
    it was in the blog

The exp won't scale because it's a level-agnostic affix. +20-30% exp is already awesome for Inferno - same for move speed. But unique stuff like the stats of a summoned follower will surely scale.
    that's not really a stat that can be rescaled like the rest

another way to look at it: is 1% crit on inna's pants awesome? not really, but that 1% is unique to pants, and has no pants affix to scale off of. now, they could easily raise it to 6%, but that's something else.
    Big Red Tie on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    So I'm around $125blizz, 871mil gold, and 30RSEs. I think I'm gonna sell my RSEs into gold, sell/flip any gold I have left, and call it a win until Arenas is released.

What's the percent gain for gems->gold->paypal considering the fees? Is it even worth it?
    So I'm around $125blizz, 871mil gold, and 30RSEs. I think I'm gonna sell my RSEs into gold, sell/flip any gold I have left, and call it a win until Arenas is released.

What's the percent gain for gems->gold->paypal considering the fees? Is it even worth it?

From what I can tell, none. Gems list at .79, meaning .62 after the first 15% cut.

They list at about 24M, or 20.4M after the first 15% cut.

20.4M, at the current .32/10M or so, is like .55 after the first 15%? Did I do my math right?

Pretty sure selling gems directly is the way to go.
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I just replaced a rare belt with Immortal King belt which gives 2.9% life steal and I replaced my life steal passive with brawler. Brawler gives a Barbarian 30% more damage when there are at least 3 enemies nearby. Thanks to the new monster densities I'm quite often near 3 monsters. Insane DPS buff I have just received. I'm farming some what close to the speed of the 20b+ gold barbarians that are on twitch and my gear is worth roughly 850m. I might buy a few more upgrades but not too many more.
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Oh yeah I need to switch back to brawler for farming. I was using Bloodthirst for ubers and never switched back.
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm using brawler for MP8 Act 1 but bloodthirst for Act 2. Not sure I need it but it's nice.
    Rich on Beer - I talk about drinking beer. You read about it.
    mcdermott wrote: »

From what I can tell, none. Gems list at .79, meaning .62 after the first 15% cut.

20.4M, at the current .32/10M or so, is like .55 after the first 15%? Did I do my math right?

RSE: 23 M / $.80

Sell 5 gems: $4 - $.60 = $3.40 before paypal transaction.

Flip 5 gems @ $.30 per 10M: 115M = $3.45 - $.52 = $2.93 before paypal transaction.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    mcdermott wrote: »

RSE: 23 M / $.80

Sell 5 gems: $4 - $.60 = $3.40 before paypal transaction.

Flip 5 gems @ $.30 per 10M: 115M = $3.45 - $.52 = $2.93 before paypal transaction.

Hmm, thanks.
    I don't know if I'm just looking for more expensive stuff now but it seems like inflation has arrived. Before 1.0.8, I could usually find decent deals below 10 million. Now it seems like every single thing is at least 10 million, often going 30-40 million for things that aren't big deals. Maybe it'll calm down, but that's what I'm seeing.
    shadowane wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm just looking for more expensive stuff now but it seems like inflation has arrived. Before 1.0.8, I could usually find decent deals below 10 million. Now it seems like every single thing is at least 10 million, often going 30-40 million for things that aren't big deals. Maybe it'll calm down, but that's what I'm seeing.

Good witching hours increased by 100M.
    edited May 2013
    shadowane wrote: »

Good witching hours increased by 100M.
    Yeah that's what I mean. I'm seeing it on things that I paid at least reasonable attention to over the past month or so. Things seem to be about 10x what they were previously.

edit: Totally not in every case, just on average.
    shadowane on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Has it been mentioned that there's supposed to be a +25% xp/magic find buff (that goes over the 300% cap) this weekend for the anniversary? Between now and Uh...Tuesday.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9691896/less-cake-more-demons-happy-anniversary-diablo-iii-5-15-2013

EDIT: Also the game itself is $20 off on blizzards site.
    The Dude With Herpes on
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    The real-money value of gold is... demoralizing. I've been playing in full groups, plowing through MP4-6 at a fast and fun rate, and I'm lucky to walk away at the end of the night after a few hours of play with a million gold. And yet I am looking at the change scattered around my desk, and I could buy TWENTY MILLION GOLD with it? With money that I would literally debate putting in the trash instead of walking to the other side of the house to put it in a change jar? How on earth are people making money so fast that 10 million gold is only worth 30 cents?
    steam_sig.png
    It actually seems to be worth around 40 cents at the moment but I get your point. It may go up a bit more honestly but we'll see. Gems are still better money which but only by a little.
    mostly there are gold bots that just farm easy content with gold find gear on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    So selling gems for money is the way to go now? Sell gems for blizzbucks buy gold buy gems on gold AH, repeat?
    steam_sig.png
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    I don't think so, at least at the prices I last saw. There's no cap keeping them out of whack so they're pretty much comparable.
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    So selling gems for money is the way to go now? Sell gems for blizzbucks buy gold buy gems on gold AH, repeat?

If you scroll up 9 posts above yours you'll see the math.
    edited May 2013
    Oh yes I think I found a market where I can flip items at 200m profit a pop.
    RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    Oh yes I think I found a market where I can flip items at 500m profit a pop.

gimmie gimmie gimmie
    Did the math wrong. Just 200m profit. But it shall be my secret.
    edited May 2013
    Has it been mentioned that there's supposed to be a +25% xp/magic find buff (that goes over the 300% cap) this weekend for the anniversary? Between now and Uh...Tuesday.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9691896/less-cake-more-demons-happy-anniversary-diablo-iii-5-15-2013

EDIT: Also the game itself is $20 off on blizzards site.

The buff started yesterday. Is nice.
    _J_ on
  • MatzMatz Registered User regular
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    Did the math wrong. Just 200m profit. But it shall be my secret.

What if I beg?
    1367739794ae.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
    What if I kidnap your family?