Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Diablo 3] Reports of the Economy's death were greatly exaggerated

• shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Let me say, I didn't think it would make a difference but having 22% run speed vs. 10% is really nice. Let me drop sprint for overpower without feeling too slow.
    Rich on Beer - I talk about drinking beer. You read about it.
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    Let me say, I didn't think it would make a difference but having 22% run speed vs. 10% is really nice. Let me drop sprint for overpower without feeling too slow.

Yeah I'm so used to 24% run speed on my WD I'm trying in vain to figure out how to get that on my alts.

Seems like boots are the only reliable thing with run speed prior to lacunis and even then they cap at 12%.

So. Slow.
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand

Yeah I'm so used to 24% run speed on my WD I'm trying in vain to figure out how to get that on my alts.

Seems like boots are the only reliable thing with run speed prior to lacunis and even then they cap at 12%.

So. Slow.
    There are pants with 12% run speed as well which is what I'm wearing with boots. 12% Ice Climbers are expensive so I got 10% ones.
    edited May 2013
    I'm using cains hot pants for the xp bonus from the set so :(

EDIT: I wish gems were more versatile; i.e. there were things like run speed gems and such, or that they weren't just a universal stat on everything but weapons/helmets to make it a bit more interesting and less thoughtless.
    The Dude With Herpes on
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    more gem types plz
  • WydrionWydrion BLBEUEBLA! BLBEUEBLA! Boston, MARegistered User regular

So. Slow.
    There are pants with 12% run speed as well which is what I'm wearing with boots. 12% Ice Climbers are expensive so I got 10% ones.

...Ice Climbers can have movespeed? o_O

Also, I played with _J_ last night. My infiltration into the PA D3 community is nearing completion...!
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    how many times did you get to rez J

that's like the PA initiation ceremony
    edited May 2013
    edit: double post.
    Wydrion on

J and I both died about the same amount to one particularly assholish group of leaping enemies, but for the most part he was god mode.

(I think it might be the billions of gold and the extra ~40 paragon levels)

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular

DHs are not known for their survivability in high MPs.
    He definitely puts the glass in glass cannon.
    _J_ wrote: »

unless there's a CM wiz freezing everything ;)
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular

unless there's a CM wiz freezing everything ;)

Yeah, I only freeze MOST things, so he still gets ball hugs from savage beasts when we play.

So do I, for that matter.

The fallen maniac of act one, to be sure.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Did the monster density changes affect Act 3 at all? I'm assuming not, but does anyone know?
    Patch 4.3 wrote:
    In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest.
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
    no idea, but I do like the blue post saying they're considering putting in a toggle for normal - hell to allow players to put in the increased density into those modes too if they want, presumably for faster leveling and less gaping spaces with no encounters.
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    I need to get some more machines later, so we can do some MP10 ubers again, BRT freezing everything forever makes it go from impossible task to "loldone". I think we did one set in 10 minutes? If that?
    steam_sig.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    When they first started talking about it, I thought it was going to be a toggle. Once they said it was flagged by MP and only in Inferno I wondered "why so limited?" I guess if it were a separate toggle it could have more public game fragmentation issues, but maybe it could just be always on in public games.
    Patch 4.3 wrote:
    In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest.
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
    If you dont mind dragging me along, I'd love to farm stuff for Hellfires. Galedrid#1367, hit me up if I'm on or tag me on steam.
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    HooverFan wrote: »
    For those of you returning or getting back, don't forget to post your BNet names so we can add you to our lists

I'm just getting back into D3. Looking for some MP6-ish key runs or Ubers. Sneakman#1625
    n5q912.png
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Mmmmmmm

MP10 ubers.....

You dudes gotta do em when I'm available, too. I bring dat freezy too, or I can bring a DH for them deeps. Or a stun DH for supplemental freezy.
    I can bring 5 machines and a barb who hits things really hard.
  • BigityBigity Registered User regular
    I'm still level 32 but I'll throw my battletag out there so it's out there: bigity#1849

That's right, 1849, the year dry cleaning was invented.
    steam_sig.png
    Hah. I went and looked up what my battletag's number (1616) had associated with it, and the most interesting things I could see were the deaths of Shakespeare, Cervantes, and Tokugawa Ieyasu.

I am become death!

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    So I finally found a mempo today, I got really excited when I saw the "%" on the last line... it was % chance to fear on hit.
    Steam | minecraft: salty_cat | Planetside2: SpareBattery
    gw2: Tom.2439 (Short Giraffe, Saltycat, Saltydog)
    That's unfortunate.
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Yeah, on the plus side I beat my all-time record for ivory towers in one run! I got 3!
    Steam | minecraft: salty_cat | Planetside2: SpareBattery
    gw2: Tom.2439 (Short Giraffe, Saltycat, Saltydog)
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    I'm still level 32 but I'll throw my battletag out there so it's out there: bigity#1849

That's right, 1849, the year dry cleaning was invented.

Pastalonius#1563 here
    Xbox Live: Pastalonius
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or did the drop in gold prices really affect selling good/decent (but not godly) items on the gold AH? I can't seem to move anything, and I'm assuming it's because people are buying leet-sauce stuff with their cheaply purchased gold.
    steam_sig.png
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I have been trying to sell stuff every day since I started playing again (last week) and no matter how much I feel like I'm undercutting, all of my auctions expire. I remember having this same problem back at release, too. I think I'm just bad at auction housing.
    steam_sig.png
  • StingeStinge Registered User regular
    Wydrion wrote: »
    Hah. I went and looked up what my battletag's number (1616) had associated with it, and the most interesting things I could see were the deaths of Shakespeare, Cervantes, and Tokugawa Ieyasu.

I am become death!

Tokbirn#1803

Major breakthroughs in chemistry occur, with the identification of the elements Rhodium, Palladium, Osmium, Iridium, and Cerium.

Also the year of the Louisiana Purchase.
  • BigityBigity Registered User regular
    Reading your comment there Stinge I started to hear Mordin singing the very model of a scientist salarian.
    steam_sig.png
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    Sensible articulation of why removal of AH would make trading problematic, if not nigh-impossible:
    Example D2 Trade: SOJ for Tal Rasha Amulet!

OK. Easy. I get an amulet I need for a SOJ I don't need. Simple exchange, but to do this trade you had to make a custom game to advertise this, or spam chat, or take it offline to a forum or custom trade web site. The spamming was a minor inconvenience, but was manageable.

How this trade would be in D3:

SOJ with:
    * X% Cold Damage
    * 28% Bonus Damage to Elites
    * 12% Damage to Spectral Blades

For:
    Tal Rasha Amulet with:*
    * XXX Int
    * XXX Vit
    * X IAS
    * X Crit Chance
    * XX Crit Damage*

How are you going to find someone to do this trade? I will answer that for you: You will never find a trade partner.
  • MatzMatz Registered User regular
    Sensible articulation of why removal of AH would make trading problematic, if not nigh-impossible:
    Example D2 Trade: SOJ for Tal Rasha Amulet!

OK. Easy. I get an amulet I need for a SOJ I don't need. Simple exchange, but to do this trade you had to make a custom game to advertise this, or spam chat, or take it offline to a forum or custom trade web site. The spamming was a minor inconvenience, but was manageable.

How this trade would be in D3:

SOJ with:
    * X% Cold Damage
    * 28% Bonus Damage to Elites
    * 12% Damage to Spectral Blades

For:
    Tal Rasha Amulet with:*
    * XXX Int
    * XXX Vit
    * X IAS
    * X Crit Chance
    * XX Crit Damage*

How are you going to find someone to do this trade? I will answer that for you: You will never find a trade partner.

Well, people do spam the channels to try and sell their gear but usually seek gold rather than a specific item. Usually:

WTS [ITEM] offers.
    How much you want
    50M
    LOL its not worth more than 5M
    Yes it has X stat.
    There is no way it is worth that noob
    You're the noob.

Me: Will you fuckers please use the AH.
    1367739794ae.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
    the memories
    this was right after i hit 60
    67f4f4dc.png
    Your inventory in that picture upsets my OCD.
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Apparently, was wrong, I'm not better, I keep dying to elites an average of twice per encounter. Haven't gotten a good drop of gear in ages.

By the way my Bnet code is Starrider#1537
    Muzzmuzz on
    i can't wait for the itemization patch so i can look like this again
    f86d8ee5.png
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan Registered User regular
    I don't think that even an itemization patch could help Dark Mage's Shade...

As sad as it is for such a stylish hat.
    "Never Hit"