Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Diablo 3] Reports of the Economy's death were greatly exaggerated

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    We are back up... Nothing crazy happening in the AH yet though.
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Nearly won a Str / Vit Mempo upgrade but it expired just outside of maintenance. Ah well.
    Rich on Beer - I talk about drinking beer. You read about it.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    the gold floor change doesnt change much so there shouldn't be any big changes..
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    Also put a Hellfire on your alts follower. And Radiant ruby in a helm as soon as you can have socketed helms.

I want to see if I can hit 60 before the end of nightmare.
    edited May 2013
    Huh, servers just came down again. Odd.

edit: Wish I had bid on some more stuff since it was ending in an hour. They changed their estimate to 1pm pst now.
    shadowane on
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Looks like they may not have been supposed to be up. Dev notes the patch was extended 2 hours. It's not supposed to be up till 1pm PST / 4pm EST.

As long as the servers are up when I get home. :D
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: Caretta#1196
    Funny. They came up for about 10 minutes at 2pm.
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    the gold floor change doesnt change much so there shouldn't be any big changes..

I remember prices changing after the last gold floor modification in patch 1.0.4. The problem is that was also the Legendary upgrade patch, so prices likely changed due to both the gold floor and the influx of significantly altered legendary items.
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Oy, farming for a hellfire ring sounds incredibly obnoxious.

EDIT: Does the xp boost stack with Leoric's Signet? EDITx2 yes it does.
    The Dude With Herpes on
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • WydrionWydrion BLBEUEBLA! BLBEUEBLA! Boston, MARegistered User regular
    So I took some of your advice from the other day and I grabbed a moderately cheap weapon that had Crit Damage %, <any> Int, and a socket, and just because it was a black weapon my DPS shot up by ~18k. And yeah, now if I go look at Zunimassa's, a good +8% poison damage pair will increase my DPS by around 15k.

My survivability went down a little with the rings I also swapped in, but as of right now I'm sitting at ~203k dps. I can't tell if Archon is really benefitting from the increased Crit Damage %, but I think with a black weapon and focusing on +Elemental damage modifiers (Triumvirate comes to mind), this might bridge the gap between me and "actually good" Wizards.

Now the game has to actually drop me one of these items I've been scouring the AH for over a hundred hours for, and we'll be set.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    that is to say, one who is knowledgable won't experience much of a change

for ignorant buyers they get a lot more gold i guess
    Well I've never done any of that MP level stuff, but my WD is like 110k dps? I dunno how much I could contribute; but if anyone is farming keywardens and ubers I'd like to join.

Now that I know the damn thing exists it feels like I'd be doing it wrong to level further characters without it. :rotate:
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Incindium wrote: »
    Also put a Hellfire on your alts follower. And Radiant ruby in a helm as soon as you can have socketed helms.

I want to see if I can hit 60 before the end of nightmare.

I just hit 60 on my Wizard last night in the beginning of Act II Hell. I used Cain's Set, 31% ruby in helm and Hellfire Ring. I've played on MP10 since I was level 30 in Act II Normal.

If you add a Leoric's Signet to that setup you might be able to hit 60 in Act I Hell. If you run with a 4-player group than it may be possible to hit 60 by the end of Nightmare. That's just conjecture on my part, so take it with a grain of salt.
    n5q912.png
    were you using any xp per kill bonuses on your equipment? at lower levels that bonus xp is pretty substantial; but i'm not sure how it'd add up over the long run when you need a couple million a level 55+.
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    Wydrion wrote: »
    So I took some of your advice from the other day and I grabbed a moderately cheap weapon that had Crit Damage %, <any> Int, and a socket, and just because it was a black weapon my DPS shot up by ~18k. And yeah, now if I go look at Zunimassa's, a good +8% poison damage pair will increase my DPS by around 15k.

My survivability went down a little with the rings I also swapped in, but as of right now I'm sitting at ~203k dps. I can't tell if Archon is really benefitting from the increased Crit Damage %, but I think with a black weapon and focusing on +Elemental damage modifiers (Triumvirate comes to mind), this might bridge the gap between me and "actually good" Wizards.

Now the game has to actually drop me one of these items I've been scouring the AH for over a hundred hours for, and we'll be set.

Generally, the optimal ratio is 1% crit chance = 10% crit damage.
    fe6roy500x80_zps3a6a94b6.jpg
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan Registered User regular
    were you using any xp per kill bonuses on your equipment? at lower levels that bonus xp is pretty substantial; but i'm not sure how it'd add up over the long run when you need a couple million a level 55+.

With max bonuses (3 piece Cain's set, helm Ruby, Leoric's, Hellfire, follower Leoric's, follower Hellfire) any bonus experience is multiplied about 10 times. It's pretty easy to get about 50 bonus xp per kill, so you're looking at 500 per kill overall there. I'd say that's pretty noticeable overall.
    "Never Hit"
  • BigityBigity Registered User regular
    You guys are saying stuff like MP10..I'm assuming that's making the mobs as hard as they would be in a MP game with 10 people?

Can you do that via setting or something?
    steam_sig.png
    mp10 is separate, it's just the highest difficulty
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan Registered User regular
    Monster Power controls are on the choose a quest page, down at the bottom.
    "Never Hit"
  • BigityBigity Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Oh wow. I found a wiki on it. I'm going to turn that on I think. I'm 29 in Act III normal right now.

Well not MP10 or anything. Maybe try 3 or 4.
    Bigity on
    steam_sig.png
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    Gold is selling for 36 cents per 10mil but it says last 10 trades have been 31 cents so maybe if someone were to buy gold they'd get 5 cents off per 10 mil.
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I recently started playing the game again (about a week ago, actually) after about half a year at least. I don't know how outdated any of the stuff I'm reading but from the looks of things life steal is still generally a bad stat while life on hit is still better outside of ridiculously high DPS stats, correct? On inferno, at least, which is where I'll be playing until I get a Hellfire Ring for the most part. I'm also guessing that it's not worth trying to get the demon parts for a ring unless you're on MP10 so you don't...have to do it again, correct? Already have three portal devices but don't know if I should look to making myself stronger or if I should look into getting help and clear that out of the way finally.

The life steal question is because I'm currently in a bit of a pickle where I can equip a new weapon and gain about 10k dps unbuffed...but lose seven hundred life on hit. Or lose a chunk of health and DPS.

I guess on that subject is dual wield better or is it still one hand+shield? I never felt like I needed the added defenses from a shield anymore so I just dropped it for a second weapon instead.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jookie-1175/hero/5066613
    Character page, for what it's worth. Anything I should be looking at? Weapons I'm trying to figure out so input there would be helpful.
    lifesteal is good now

doing ubers to make a ring is tolerable at like, mp6 and above, but if you bring a cm wiz you can do it on much higher
  • StingeStinge Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Jookie wrote: »
    I recently started playing the game again (about a week ago, actually) after about half a year at least. I don't know how outdated any of the stuff I'm reading but from the looks of things life steal is still generally a bad stat while life on hit is still better outside of ridiculously high DPS stats, correct? On inferno, at least, which is where I'll be playing until I get a Hellfire Ring for the most part. I'm also guessing that it's not worth trying to get the demon parts for a ring unless you're on MP10 so you don't...have to do it again, correct? Already have three portal devices but don't know if I should look to making myself stronger or if I should look into getting help and clear that out of the way finally.

The life steal question is because I'm currently in a bit of a pickle where I can equip a new weapon and gain about 10k dps unbuffed...but lose seven hundred life on hit. Or lose a chunk of health and DPS.

I guess on that subject is dual wield better or is it still one hand+shield? I never felt like I needed the added defenses from a shield anymore so I just dropped it for a second weapon instead.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jookie-1175/hero/5066613
    Character page, for what it's worth. Anything I should be looking at? Weapons I'm trying to figure out so input there would be helpful.

My WD has 2.9% life steal and 226 life per hit, total, and does MP5 just fine. Built around health globes with no extra pickup radius, most of my deaths come from bad luck or me just being stupid. Also, whoever spawned a Vortex mob on top of a firegate in Halls of Agony is a bad, bad person

As far as Ubers, the higher the MP the better chance they'll drop the mats for the Hellfire ring(100% at mp10). So higher MPs is always better.

edited for typos
    Stinge on
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I guess my concern is how bad do the bosses get. I can do MP5 without many issues so long as I don't just stand on damage tiles, whether it be from my own stupidity or body block (I hate illusionist so much). Act IV actually was a little painful at times but if I resorted to just hit and run tactics when I needed to I would do just fine. Vortex has screwed me over several times though.

I'll likely end up keeping the weapon I just bought so long as I can find a suitable life steal weapon to back it up. Shouldn't be too hard to sell it for my money back, only bought it for 100k.
  • StingeStinge Registered User regular
    Can't say for Ubers, never done them...other bosses are fine as long as you do them right.
    Lol inflation is getting insane. 5.5% and 6% str/dex crit mempo's are worth more than 2b gold and are always max bidded every time I check. Intelligence is worth less but 6% crit int mempo's are worth more than 2b gold.
    that's... been how it is for a while now
    oh man I totally just had a 5% crit Mempo pop out of a fucking regular chest!
    not really.
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    sumwar wrote: »
    Lol inflation is getting insane. 5.5% and 6% str/dex crit mempo's are worth more than 2b gold and are always max bidded every time I check. Intelligence is worth less but 6% crit int mempo's are worth more than 2b gold.
    that's... been how it is for a while now

This amused me quite a bit.
  • MatzMatz Registered User regular
    Gold is selling for 36 cents per 10mil but it says last 10 trades have been 31 cents so maybe if someone were to buy gold they'd get 5 cents off per 10 mil.

I wonder how long it will take to get down to 0.25c per 10mil (which I assume is where it will reach eventually).

How does it correlate with gem prices? Are you better to buy gold or gems if you were minded to increase your gold stack?
    1367739794ae.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
    Buying gems makes no sense right now. Gold would have to drop so low that gems were being sold at 25 cents for it to make sense. Even then you wouldn't be making anywhere near the gold you would make when gold was selling for 25 cents per million.
    edited May 2013
    Matz wrote: »

I wonder how long it will take to get down to 0.25c per 10mil (which I assume is where it will reach eventually).

How does it correlate with gem prices? Are you better to buy gold or gems if you were minded to increase your gold stack?

I believe when I ran the numbers earlier this evening, buying gems with cash and selling for gold netted more gold per dollar than the commit price for a gold purchase, but less than the average of the last ten actual trades for gold.

So it's basically on par right now.

EDIT: This was accounting for 15% cuts and all, just to be clear. The market seems to be in some kind of equilibrium at the moment.
    mcdermott on
    yep

No change
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Just got back into the game after almost a year, and either the game seems easier, or I'm...better? I seem to not be dying as much on elites on inferno, and managed to solo all of chapter II, (even managed to get the 'avoid the meteor storm' achiev). I'm still not sure if I'm gearing my barbarian right, and I'm too poor to afford anything on the AH.... Also, I have no idea on what will sell, and what will not sell, stat-wise.
    Game is easier if you left before the patch that, uh, made it easier...
  • HooverFanHooverFan Registered User regular
    For those of you returning or getting back, don't forget to post your BNet names so we can add you to our lists
    zdYMIp5.png
    My biggest flip ever so far:). I bought a lacuni's for 363m and sold it for 849m :). 486m gold profit. It sold pretty quick too heh, I wonder if I could of sold it for a bit more haha.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    My biggest flip ever so far:). I bought a lacuni's for 363m and sold it for 849m :). 486m gold profit. It sold pretty quick too heh, I wonder if I could of sold it for a bit more haha.

That's sick man. Yeah whenever I go looking for Lacuni's they're always decent ones for more than 200mil or crap ones for under 5 mil. That's a great flip though.
  • RoloRolo Registered User regular
    That's what, a 6crit lacunis, with dex and allres?