Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Diablo 3] Reports of the Economy's death were greatly exaggerated

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE! BECAUSE THE QUEUE WOULD BE EMPTY!

fuck you J!

I do what I can.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    i mean i would've done it but i wasn't able to get to a computer until like 10 hours after the AH went up
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    And of course I'm gone all weekend for training when the AH comes back. Fuck all of you.

However, now I can buy some gear for the Archoning. That's good.
    edited May 2013
    i mean i would've done it but i wasn't able to get to a computer until like 10 hours after the AH went up

Yeah. It was a pretty great moment.

Hey, the AH is back up.
    Hey, they reverted gold to $.25 per million.
    Hey, all the old gold listings expired.

OH MY FUCKS LIST EVERYTHING!!
    _J_ on
  • DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    [Gary Oldman] Every one! [/Gary Oldman]
    "He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    so I'm running on my WD

well of souls / haunt with mana

dogs with mitigation
    garg with cleave
    spirit walk with mana
    soul drain with damage

at like 1.8 APS and it's really fun
  • RoloRolo Registered User regular
    so I'm running on my WD

well of souls / haunt with mana

dogs with mitigation
    garg with cleave
    spirit walk with mana
    soul drain with damage

at like 1.8 APS and it's really fun

What MP?
  • RoloRolo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Also guys, I've been doing some RMAH selling.

Sold a Vile Ward for $2.25 and a Thing of the Deep for $1.25 after blizztax.

With the gold floor about to drop, do I hold on to my blizzbux or invest in RSEs? I know not to sell any RSEs for gold until after the drop, although I'm not sure how that's going to inflate gold prices.

Also trying to sell the 30M gold I have in the bank before the drop, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Any advice?

Rolo on
    7 so far

blood ritual, rush of essence, pierce the veil
  • MatzMatz Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    Also guys, I've been doing some RMAH selling.

Sold a Vile Ward for $2.25 and a Thing of the Deep for $1.25 after blizztax.

With the gold floor about to drop, do I hold on to my blizzbux or invest in RSEs? I know not to sell any RSEs for gold until after the drop, although I'm not sure how that's going to inflate gold prices.

Also trying to sell the 30M gold I have in the bank before the drop, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Any advice?

I had a pair of Depth Diggers go for $3.95 (after tax). I'm going to hold onto Blizzbucks. In my view Blizzbucks is King. I doubt you can go wrong holding on to it.
    1367739794ae.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
    For the most part, gems ARE gold. Half of the norm price (15.4M) is the cost, in gold, to craft.

And flawless squares drop often, like gold.

Basically gems are a means of transfer of value, not storage.
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I don't played hardcore very often at all but when I see a hardcore character without a shield I simply am shocked. Technically you can get enough resist/armor/vitality/life regen to do mp0 without needing a shield but many times that's not the case.
    Legendaries are dropping all over the place too in multi-player games. And although I am experiencing the same crap, others will get lucky - so both gold and items (probably) will continue to devalue over time. Blizzbucks is really the only thing that is unaffected (or increases in value relatively speaking).
    1367739794ae.png

I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
    I could not in good conscience disagree with you.

It is relevant to point out, however, that for those looking to make money on short-term spikes/floors, the gem market appears (from reading this forum) to have beneficial volatility that trends toward higher values.

Which makes me ask the question, as I have not yet seen a Radiant gem drop at all (at 4player mp6) despite significant play time--is it possible for them to drop?
    "He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
    sumwar wrote: »
    I don't played hardcore very often at all but when I see a hardcore character without a shield I simply am shocked. Technically you can get enough resist/armor/vitality/life regen to do mp0 without needing a shield but many times that's not the case.

I've never used a shield on my 60 HC WD (and I don't think it is necessary). My 38 Barb dual weilds and has never had one either...
    1367739794ae.png

• RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    I could not in good conscience disagree with you.

It is relevant to point out, however, that for those looking to make money on short-term spikes/floors, the gem market appears (from reading this forum) to have beneficial volatility that trends toward higher values.

Which makes me ask the question, as I have not yet seen a Radiant gem drop at all (at 4player mp6) despite significant play time--is it possible for them to drop?

The only quality that drops in Inferno is Flawless Square. That's why the radiant star gems rarely drop below 15m or so.
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
    'Splains that, then!
    oh man, with the new density i dont even run teleport anymore
    Jesus.
    J just beat Diablo.
    Auctions cleared!

8733819688_5aeeae54d7_b.jpg

I would like to thank all the chucklefucks who bought gold at $.25 per million, rather than wait for $.25 per 10 million.

Hilarious! Are they that desperate?! Why does the amount you receive vary though?
    1367739794ae.png

Matz wrote: »
    Auctions cleared!

I would like to thank all the chucklefucks who bought gold at $.25 per million, rather than wait for $.25 per 10 million.

Hilarious! Are they that desperate?! Why does the amount you receive vary though?

I think it has to do with the number of transactions per 200M stack. I have a few e-mails about sales for parts of each stack. So maybe the 36.10 was a flat sale, and the .09 was split between 2 transactions?

One possible explanation.
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    People are out of their damn minds.
    Rich on Beer - I talk about drinking beer. You read about it.
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    How much of a difference does 9 vs 10 arcane power on crit make on an item?
    Rich on Beer - I talk about drinking beer. You read about it.
    edited May 2013
    shadowane wrote: »

Pricewise? A bit, but not a ton. What item? It also depends what the other stats are...basically what tier is it in?

For actual use? Little. It's the kind of thing you upgrade when you have funds and nothing better to spend on.

mcdermott on
    shadowane wrote: »

1 Arcane power on crit (maths is my strong point)
    1367739794ae.png

Matz wrote: »
    Auctions cleared!

I think it has to do with the number of transactions per 200M stack. I have a few e-mails about sales for parts of each stack. So maybe the 36.10 was a flat sale, and the .09 was split between 2 transactions?

One possible explanation.

This is almost certainly the reason. They do some funky shit with rounding, I noticed that before, and muliple transactions will lead to multiple roundings.

That or Michael Bolton is stealing your BlizzBucks.

you want at least one item with 10 apoc
    you want at least one item with 10 apoc

Yeah, but you can afford to lose one on at least one item, so any given item only have 9 versus 10 isn't a huge deal.
    yeah i was just sayin
  • WydrionWydrion BLBEUEBLA! BLBEUEBLA! Boston, MARegistered User regular
    How come you're able to sell stacks of 200 million, but my stack of 5 million still hasn't sold? D:

Does Diablo 3 hate me?
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    I think he got in out of the gate when the AH came back up. The rest of us are just faces in the crowd of people hoping in vain to sell any before it goes back to 10m.
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
    yeah

J maximizing the efficiency of his AH timing
    I was too late unfort. I had 4 stacks of 150M go unsold and I was probably only a couple of hours out from the AH coming back on. A couple of hours too late I think...
    1367739794ae.png

• HooverFanHooverFan Registered User regular
    yeah

J maximizing the efficiency of his AH timing

or as I call it... being an opportunistic fuckwad as usual

damnit
    zdYMIp5.png
    so now I have a conundrum

I am at 3.01 with a blackthornes ammy, I can choose to keep it, switch my wand, or switch the ammy

Choices
    Archon is fun.

Need a better...something, though. Right now running nothing new from my CM build but a LS Skorn and some swapped out skills. Already know a couple I need to change. Do most Archon builds run a 2H or a 1H? Seems like it takes me a while to get it back up if I screw up and let it drop prematurely. Though one problem I had was I was rolling with pubs who were killing shit before I could touch it...which means either I need to bump the MP, or something, to make sure I get a piece of all the monsters.
    i don't think it matters what weapon setup you use

2h has the obvious benefit of more lifesteal, but 1h is more fine-grain and you reset archon faster if it drops