Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Diablo 3] Reports of the Economy's death were greatly exaggerated

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    I'm firing up a brand new barb and leveling him to 60 for some statistics and tracking. I've got some old data from my monk I want to use a as comparison to determine how heavily gear inflation has risen. This is sort of a fun side project.

Anyone interested in a leveling up some new toons?

I could likely be convinced to level something to 60...

When are you doing this?
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    i already have a 60 of every class unfortunately
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    Is the experience boost stuff only for Inferno level multiplayer?

Don't think so. The really big exp boost people are talking about though is the 75% from NV being multiplicative, which is 60 only.
  • RozRoz Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    I'm firing up a brand new barb and leveling him to 60 for some statistics and tracking. I've got some old data from my monk I want to use a as comparison to determine how heavily gear inflation has risen. This is sort of a fun side project.

When are you doing this?

I just started yesterday. Got my Barb to level 10, but I can obviously reroll.

I saw you on, but you didn't respond my tells :) I figured you were busy.

Also, you never played League with me and that made me sad.
    i already have a 60 of every class unfortunately

Show off :P

You could go for the both gender's achievement.

When are you doing this?

I saw you on, and never received any tells, so I sat here.

I do not recall having the opportunity to play League with you.
    @Roz POKE
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    The mini dungeons in the fields of misery seem pretty good now, only downside is you can run into dead-ends. I think I'll skip the skavenger one since I'm not sure if it's possible to read where the level two door is, but the crypt one I haven't gotten stuck in yet and there are loads of zombies in there.

I tried whimsyshire, seemed about the same to me.
    Steam | minecraft: salty_cat | Planetside2: SpareBattery
    gw2: Tom.2439 (Short Giraffe, Saltycat, Saltydog)
  • WydrionWydrion BLBEUEBLA! BLBEUEBLA! Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Going on three nights now with no legendaries, but went up four Paragon levels. :| Got a bunch of keys though.

I think they may have nerfed the drop chances too much. Yeah, there are a lot of mobs, but I feel like I would have gotten something by now, and my MF% is getting near 400% when running around with 5 stacks. (I run MP4).

The faster experience will only get me for so long, Blizzard! Throw me a bone here!

Also, getting real tired of your shit, matchmaking system. It's a little bit retarded when I search for a Keywarden game, and they put me in a game with a dead Keywarden. Of all things, I feel like the most basic requirement to get a Key is to be able to actually kill a Keywarden.

Am I taking crazy pills?!
    Wydrion wrote: »
    Going on three nights now with no legendaries, but went up four Paragon levels. :| Got a bunch of keys though.

I think they may have nerfed the drop chances too much. Yeah, there are a lot of mobs, but I feel like I would have gotten something by now, and my MF% is getting near 400% when running around with 5 stacks. (I run MP4).

The faster experience will only get me for so long, Blizzard! Throw me a bone here!

Also, getting real tired of your shit, matchmaking system. It's a little bit retarded when I search for a Keywarden game, and they put me in a game with a dead Keywarden. Of all things, I feel like the most basic requirement to get a Key is to be able to actually kill a Keywarden.

Am I taking crazy pills?!

I have not noticed a significant decrease in legendary drops.

The matchmaking system for Keywarden games is a bit fucked up, and needs to be reworked. That or persons who make keywarden games need to wait for the game to fill, and no one needs to ever drop.
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Streaks with no legendaries is normal and I've experienced them in the past. Especially with sub 400MF. Higher than that though and I've had pretty regular shit beam drops. It's also possible there are bugs in the MF code somewhere because I remember I having a streak of none dropping and it ended actually after I had swapped gear that dropped my MF (probably just coincidence though).
    Incindium on

When are you doing this?

I saw you on, and never received any tells, so I sat here.

I do not recall having the opportunity to play League with you.

I sent you a few, I wonder why you didn't get them :/. And we never had the chance to play league, because I didn't have your summoner name so I couldn't friend you. You should play ARAMs if you ever get to 30 though, they are the most fun in that game.

Also, if you're not 30 we could duo queue, we'd probably get there fast as I can likely carry most games.
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    Is there a way to always show enemy health bars?

I feel like there was before but it seemed weird when I was playing last night.
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand

It's either D or V.

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    The matchmaking system is still fucking terrible.

A lot of times either everyone's afk, or it's already over, or it takes half a minute to find a game.

And when I enter too many games in an arbitrary period of time, it says 'input limit reached' and boots me off.
    fe6roy500x80_zps3a6a94b6.jpg
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Redmond, WARegistered User regular

The show items on ground button is also kind of screwed up right now. I can set it to always show, or show for 10 seconds, but it always immediately reverts to Push To Show.
    [47 6F 6F 64 20 4A 6F 62 21 0]

The show items on ground button is also kind of screwed up right now. I can set it to always show, or show for 10 seconds, but it always immediately reverts to Push To Show.

Yeah, blue said they know about that, and have a fix, but requires a client patch so they're not sure when the best time to put it out would be.
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Registered User regular
    Still no AH and no update about it. Not a huge deal - I'm just curious to see what everything will look like when it comes back up. Inflated pricing? Re-adjusted gold floor on RMAH? Inquiring minds...
    steam_sig.png
  • KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    My best guess is that there is pent up demand which will lead to a short term price spike. You have all those people who made millions off the inflated gem market, you have all those people who came back for the new patch and you have no items listed on the AH at all anymore. If you knew when the AH was coming online, it'd be worth camping out and listing your stuff as quickly as possible.
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    As a counterpoint, I've found way more legendaries after the patch than before. So, yeah, nothing is wrong and you all are just way unlucky.

edit: Also tried a barb without a fury generator. I died twice in like 2 minutes.
    shadowane on
    Rich on Beer - I talk about drinking beer. You read about it.
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Now that Multimans is viable/good, I kinda don't see the point of Demon Hunters any more.
    steam_sig.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I'd just like to point out that I totally called Keywarden matchmaking being fucked up the moment they announced the tag system.

+10 Forum Points
    Patch 4.3 wrote:
    In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest.
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
    edited May 2013
    Oh speaking of fucked up things, I just remembered. I played last night for the first time since 1.0.8, and now the setting for showing dropped items is fucked up. I always had it as "press to show for 10 seconds," but I noticed it behaving as "show only when pressing" last night. I went to my options and sure enough it's set to show only when pressed. I changed it back to the good setting, but the change never stuck after hitting Accept/Apply. Please don't tell me this is going to be broken until 1.0.9.

Edit: Annnnd now I just saw Monkey Ball Warrior's post on the same thing. Either way, it needs to be bitched about again because fuck.
    forty on
    Patch 4.3 wrote:
    In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest.
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Now that Multimans is viable/good, I kinda don't see the point of Demon Hunters any more.

Well in multiplayer you don't really need any form of CC or defense, maybe there's a more viable glass cannon build?
    edited May 2013
    What do you mean "anymore"? They were inferior before the patch as well.

Playing a DH is like playing MP11 (minus the rewards).
    forty on
    Patch 4.3 wrote:
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »

Well in multiplayer you don't really need any form of CC or defense, maybe there's a more viable glass cannon build?

Strafe, with a piddly dps output and little value to team play, and hey look an Arcane Sentry/hit off screen/desecrator/ranged mob, dead.
    steam_sig.png
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

Yeah, except you're really only in MP2 and still farming slow as hell. :(

The adjustments to Rapid Fire were like putting a band-aid on a sliced open carotid artery.
    steam_sig.png

Hey.

Hey.

...we don't all suck...all the time.

Yeah, except you're really only in MP2 and still farming slow as hell. :(

The adjustments to Rapid Fire were like putting a band-aid on a sliced open carotid artery.

Rapid Fire sucks. Each shot can only damage one mob.

Use ball lightning. Not only can one ball hit multiple targets, but it can also hit one target multiple times.
    AH looks like it's coming back up. Quick! How do I exploit it in its current state?!
    Wydrion wrote: »
    AH looks like it's coming back up. Quick! How do I exploit it in its current state?!

Button works, but "error entering" message.
    It's up.
    AH up.

They seem to have reverted gold stack selling to 1M for $.25.
  • RoloRolo Registered User regular
    RADIANT STAR EMERALDS RISING BY THE SECOND

27 MILLION

32 MILLION

PRICE KEEPS GOING ON
    Rolo wrote: »
    RADIANT STAR EMERALDS RISING BY THE SECOND

27 MILLION

32 MILLION

PRICE KEEPS GOING ON

RMAH: $1.35
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Prices on the gold AH are hi-larious right now.
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: Caretta#1196
    HexDex wrote: »
    Prices on the gold AH are hi-larious right now.

"All mah shit 2,000,000,000! Priced to move!"
    > 5/10/13 8:10 p.m. PDT: Maintenance has concluded, and both the gold and real-money Auction Houses are now live. Gold trades have also been reactivated. Please note that we have temporarily reverted the stack size for gold on the real-money Auction House from 10,000,000 to 1,000,000. (At the moment, there's an active bug preventing gold stack sizes from displaying correctly in the Auction House at values higher than 1,000,000, so we've temporarily reversed this change the until we can fix the display issue.)

Source
    So what is a 'normal' price for gems? Currently the radiant star of all of them are going ~30mil a pop.
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan Registered User regular
    They've been pretty stable for awhile (Read: prior to the patch) floating somewhere between 17 to 20 mil.
    "Never Hit"