Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Diablo 3] Reports of the Economy's death were greatly exaggerated

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Haha I'm going to have to do something like that with mine. Maybe do brawling with the whole area lit up by shitbeams. lol
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Now that Multimans is viable/good, I kinda don't see the point of Demon Hunters any more.
    What do you mean "anymore"? They were inferior before the patch as well.

Playing a DH is like playing MP11 (minus the rewards).

Yeah, except you're really only in MP2 and still farming slow as hell. :(

The adjustments to Rapid Fire were like putting a band-aid on a sliced open carotid artery.

Rapid Fire sucks. Each shot can only damage one mob.

Use ball lightning. Not only can one ball hit multiple targets, but it can also hit one target multiple times.

Yeah, my build hasn't changed from 1.07 to 1.08. Ball Lightning is a staple skill no matter what else I change up (a few adjustments for Ubers, higher MPs, etc.).

I just find it funny that with everything the class needs, they buff one skill that still isn't great (Bombardment is decent in Act 3 Barracks or areas in tight quarters, but only with insane attack speed and high DPS). Regardless, the official DH forum-goers are eating it up, so Blizzard sees placated players and thinks they can ignore the class again.

Yes, the cloud above my head is black and raining. :(
    steam_sig.png
  • WydrionWydrion BLBEUEBLA! BLBEUEBLA! Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Played a bit more today, more observations:

People who are making Act 3 Keywarden games on the first quest need to be taken out back and shot.

People who are taking their brand new friends into MP4+ games and then having them just stay away from all the fighting also need a kick in the nuts.

People who have super high paragon levels who go Rambo and decide fighting monsters on their own away from the group need to go die in a fire.

/rrrrrage.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    Now that Multimans is viable/good, I kinda don't see the point of Demon Hunters any more.

The adjustments to Rapid Fire were like putting a band-aid on a sliced open carotid artery.

Use ball lightning. Not only can one ball hit multiple targets, but it can also hit one target multiple times.

Yeah, my build hasn't changed from 1.07 to 1.08. Ball Lightning is a staple skill no matter what else I change up (a few adjustments for Ubers, higher MPs, etc.).

I just find it funny that with everything the class needs, they buff one skill that still isn't great (Bombardment is decent in Act 3 Barracks or areas in tight quarters, but only with insane attack speed and high DPS). Regardless, the official DH forum-goers are eating it up, so Blizzard sees placated players and thinks they can ignore the class again.

I hate using ball lightning. It feels really lame. I mean it's the best skill we have but it's also the most boring.
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Wydrion wrote: »

People who are making Act 3 Keywarden games on the first quest need to be taken out back and shot.

Why don't you just matchmake on the last quest?
  • HooverFanHooverFan Registered User regular
    @HexDex used to pull that shit with an Ivory Tower for a while where he'd drop it as soon as an elite was killed...
    zdYMIp5.png
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    So, i just hopped in this game for the first time in a long while. Did they change one of the passive skills of the witch doctor? I seem to remember trying to have a lot of cooldowns going at once to get mana.
    Xbox Live: Pastalonius
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular

I have seen enough idiot DHs in public games that I want to make a gameplay video of how to build a DH in 1.0.8. Chucklefucks doing rapid fire and running around tossing caltrops.

Just fuck stand in the middle of the mob pack and throw your balls at them. It is not difficult.

I hate using ball lightning. It feels really lame. I mean it's the best skill we have but it's also the most boring.

What is boring about AOE smashy pew pew zap balls?
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    So, i just hopped in this game for the first time in a long while. Did they change one of the passive skills of the witch doctor? I seem to remember trying to have a lot of cooldowns going at once to get mana.

Yeah, that was Vision Quest. They changed that passive around: the WD now has a higher base rate of regen and you get a more modest regen buff for a few seconds after using a small skill like poison dart or corpse spiders.
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • BigityBigity Registered User regular
    are pre-60 rare items (like less than lvl 20) worth putting up on the AH? On the RMAH?

I've played this game like 4 hours total, never even bought anything off the AH.
    steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    just the low level legendaries
    steam_sig.png
  • BigityBigity Registered User regular
    I'll salvage em then, thanks.
    steam_sig.png
    Everyone still all "fuck act 2" not that I blame them when about half the mobs have some way to negate damage for upwards to ten seconds.
    steam_sig.png
  • FragilisFragilis Registered User regular
    Anyone want to help me with some ubers at a highish mp level? I've never tried them but usually run act 1 at mp7 or 3 at mp5. I have 4 machines. #Daddybags1391.
  • RoloRolo Registered User regular
    Everyone still all "fuck act 2" not that I blame them when about half the mobs have some way to negate damage for upwards to ten seconds.

Imps and the sand lizard things that burrow, and then the bees, lacunis, and poison demons that run away when attacked... yeah there are large sucky parts of A2.

Dhalgur Oasis has some pretty hilarious density though.

Rolo wrote: »

Imps and the sand lizard things that burrow, and then the bees, lacunis, and poison demons that run away when attacked... yeah there are large sucky parts of A2.

The nagas with their invincivisibilty, the buzzards that like to fly around for A FULL MINUTE before landing, are in the oasis too.
    steam_sig.png
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Registered User regular

What is boring about AOE smashy pew pew zap balls?

That, and I love "set it and forget it" spells. As soon as I get 3 or four balls launched, I can vault to a new spot away from danger and unload with Hungering Arrow at the same time the balls are zapping shit. As for RF or Archon or any skill that takes all the focus away from doing anything else at the same time - yeah, I hate those kinds of skills.
    steam_sig.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    oh man i hate archon too

it takes away literally everything and i hate that
  • WydrionWydrion BLBEUEBLA! BLBEUEBLA! Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »

The nagas with their invincivisibilty, the buzzards that like to fly around for A FULL MINUTE before landing, are in the oasis too.

The buzzards AI has them land the second you enter battle. They're into cheap shots.
    Zek wrote: »
    Wydrion wrote: »

Why don't you just matchmake on the last quest?

Yeah, I'll probably have to do this. They should just put the keywarden somewhere other than Stonefort, it being in the second area of the Act where you have only two areas to scour for elite packs seems a little silly.
    Also, tried some MP8 running with cloud of bats:

6OSEvEr.png

This almost works.

Spirit Walk lets you approach groups of enemies. Soul harvest them first to power up, then start your CoB.

Killing with CoB generates dogs. Using Sacrifice with Pride gives you 300 mana per exploded dog, which directly offsets the startup cost of CoB.

Against elites, you use Mass Confusion. Between the stun from Paranoia, the slow effect from Soul Harvest and the confusion itself, you can generally pour on a lot of damage, and the surrounding enemies generally won't bother you too much.

The Fetish Sycophants passive play nice with CoB, you generate a lot of the lil' fuckers with just a few seconds of uptime. They don't do massive amounts of damage, but between them, the dogs and your companion, you can cause a decently effective meat shield.

Problems:

Although CoB with lifesteal means you can regen massive amouns of health and stand in the middle of white mobs/desecrator/arc sentries, enemies that can interrupt your channeling absolutely fuck you. Any elites with knockback or fear will screw you, some regular monsters can also cause a short knockback effect (fallen champions, etc).

You become a ripe target for one-shot killers like Savage Beasts, since you don't want to move and stop channeling, and they really, really want you to stay still and get charged. I barely have enough EHP to tank a charge, and if anything grazes me before I can life leech back up to full health I'm fucked.

Spirit Walk cooldown doesn't come back fast enough. You need it to speed up and get into CoB range, but once you burn it you're gonna have to channel and stay still. And since you're right in the thick of things, it can be really difficult to not have it ready. Grave Injustice helps with this a bit, but becomes less effective when you need it the most vs. elites and champions.

So most of the problems can be solved by just becoming less squishy - my EHP is pathetic (251820), but with some decent gear upgrades I think it could be a viable build.
    edited May 2013
    Blue Post confirming what was expected:
    Incorrect. The dupe was fixed Tuesday, but there were significant display errors in the AH with having gold at 10 million per stack. We're fixing those display bugs and then will be bumping the stack size back up again (it's a client-side change, so we'll need to patch for the fix to be implemented).

Sell your gold to the chucklefucks now, before it switches to 10M per $.25.
    _J_ on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    Is anyone actually buying gold right now?
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand

Oh yeah. I'll wait till my auctions go through to post the screencap.

It shall be a thing of beauty.
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So, if I put up 100mil at .25 each in one auction; does all 100mil have to sell at once for me to get the money, or can people buy a bit at a time?
    The Dude With Herpes on
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
    Auctions work like- Someone buys 500M gold, they get a 450M stack and half of a 100M stack.
    steam_sig.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    So, if I put up 100mil at .25 each in one auction; does all 100mil have to sell at once for me to get the money, or can people buy a bit at a time?

buyers can buy partial amounts from the sack. splitting your stack means it's more likely that you'll get a sale, though, as you have more expiration times where you're potentially the first stack in line to sell.
    steam_sig.png

It is possible for you to sell 4M of your 100M stack.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular

wait, really? how much have you sold

wait, really? how much have you sold

I'm waiting for the auctions to be approved and the funds to transfer. Don't want to jinx it.
    okay

i'm gonna put up 10 stacks of gold then...
  • dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    I put some gold up right after the ah went back up, sold all of it.
    Still processing though.
    XBL: OGSTudbone
    I don't have FAT STAXX like you guys but I did sell a vile ward for... $2.25 profit after blizztax.

Wish I could get it processed so I could get RSEs and sell them while the market's still hot
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    So do you guys know of anyone (or are someone) who was affected by the audits? Like did any of you who made mad duped gold second-hand selling gems for 150m and such end up having anything touched?
    Patch 4.3 wrote:
    In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest.
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    dinoarus wrote: »
    I put some gold up right after the ah went back up, sold all of it.
    Still processing though.

Wait what the fuck. You sold gold before it was 5 minutes or less from being expired? I'm putting up 10 stacks of 200m now. I didn't think to put gold stacks up right after the AH got up. Damn man missed opportunity.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    OH MY GOD THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE! BECAUSE THE QUEUE WOULD BE EMPTY!

fuck you J!

I came in here to boast my flippings on the RMAH, and here you are all "lols 2billion sold via gold."

tumblr_lbaclfGFUi1qbch1m.png
    KoopahTroopah on
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So I just noticed the new feature in the AH to compare an items stats vs what your current character is wearing. But that said they still didn't implement it properly. Socketed items should either compare socketless stats or else display stats as if they both had the same gems. I mean seriously how the hell is that not obviously how it needs to be implemented if you've ever bought a socketed item on the AH ever?
    Incindium on
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    oh man i hate archon too

it takes away literally everything and i hate that

Better than mashing buttons and getting repetitive strain injury.
    fe6roy500x80_zps3a6a94b6.jpg
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Thanks to the generosity of HexDex, my barbarian has quickly gone from zero to hero!

FdLRtZi.jpg?1
    UGFSsR8.jpg?1

Except compared to most of you guys I'm still probably somewhere a little further down the scale from that hero part. Sure is fun killing monsters though! Thanks HexDex!
    steam_sig.png