Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Mechwarrior:Online] Weapon Rebalancing on the 21st. Oosik Sigs on P19

• HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    the saddest conquest of all time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJcLydAbW6E
    n90uZGq.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Heroth wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I'm pretty disappointed with the Buccaneer cammo for the Dragon. There's nothing pirate-y about it at all. There's a few random flames, some checker boards, a tiny like 'pfc' on the leg and I guess what's supposed to be cannon smoke coming for the SRM tubes. WTF.

Yeah... it looks okay on the Catapult/raven... the Phraken looks better on them, although i guess it will be pretty hard to beat that in my opinion... and it looks kinda 'meh' on the Jager aswell.
    I like it on the catapult. Something about "Warning: Incoming Missiles" on one of the pods makes me smile.
    Not so cool on the K2 though.
    edited May 2013
    Since we're in a new thread and I still want an answer:
    the Muromets has never looked so good!

5jfXcTB.png

Urge to buy Hero mech... rising. Hopefully they put it on sale sometime soon.

Also, what colors did you use?

Titanium White and Cyanotic

OMG! the Wang is amazing with custom colors
    HydroSqueegee on
    n90uZGq.png
    BUMBLEBEE! WHERE ARE YOU!

6JutYyr.png

shit... i wonder if i can make a fang or flame look like Optimus Prime
    n90uZGq.png
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    Two things:

1) Not a fan of the new damage texturing. It just doesn't look right when I shoot somebody with lasers to see large caliber bullet impacts on their armor.

and 2) Flame with primary color as Xanh and secondary as Edo = glorious fel flames!
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Two things:

1) Not a fan of the new damage texturing. It just doesn't look right when I shoot somebody with lasers to see large caliber bullet impacts on their armor.

and 2) Flame with primary color as Xanh and secondary as Edo = glorious fel flames!

GAH!!!

63l56VB.png
    n90uZGq.png
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I'm pretty disappointed with the Buccaneer cammo for the Dragon. There's nothing pirate-y about it at all. There's a few random flames, some checker boards, a tiny like 'pfc' on the leg and I guess what's supposed to be cannon smoke coming for the SRM tubes. WTF.

Yeah... it looks okay on the Catapult/raven... the Phraken looks better on them, although i guess it will be pretty hard to beat that in my opinion... and it looks kinda 'meh' on the Jager aswell.
    I like it on the catapult. Something about "Warning: Incoming Missiles" on one of the pods makes me smile.

Good point, i only tried it on my K2. I'll have to check it out on my Other Catapults.
    heroth-s.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire lasers pew pew pew Registered User regular
    Two things:

GAH!!!

63l56VB.png

CARNIVAL!
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, Planetside 2, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    I like to think that my color schemes instill a certain repugnance and distaste that lingers looooooong after either I or they explode.
  • BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    The builder says i have 6.5 tonnes free but the Mechlab in game says I have .5 tonnes free.

I don't know whats wrong.

Whats wrong [TBT-3C]: 2xSRM6, 4xMLAS, 320XL, DHS, Endo

78dn1W2.jpg

Edit - Refreshing the page and reloading it fixed it. Idk.
    BillGates on
    3ws6wAR.png

Steam and Origin - BillGates91
    LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Registered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Two things:

GAH!!!

63l56VB.png

CARNIVAL!

No, that's obviously an ICP Dragon. There's probably a hatchetman somewhere on it (Not the mech)
    damoonrulz_zpse43446fb.png
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Time to test my flame colors!
    My Flickr. My Fruitfucker computer and my Annarchy computer. See my PAX 2006/07/08 Flickr sets

"Look at that subtle off-white coloring, the tasteful thickness of it... Oh my God, it even has a watermark."
  • CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    So, were there any interesting changes in the patch that should make me want to play right now? New map, balance changes, something?

I know about the new camo and frankly my dear I don't give a damn.
    MWO User Name: Gorn Arming
    StarCraft II User Name: DeadMenRise
  • SpectrumSpectrum Raising Heart Excelion, Drive Ignition! MidchildaRegistered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    BillGates wrote: »
    It's a pretty bad build yeah, but it does what it was built to do with that loadout...snipe. AS7's are not very good at sniping. Though why would you snipe with the biggest mech in the game idk.

What do you mean? The RS is a pretty amazing sniper because all 4 energy hardpoints are on the arms.

Sniper [AS7-RS]: 4xERPPC, 325STD, DHS

No Gauss, but extra HS's and a STD engine for way more survivability.
    You're looking at it the wrong way. Most STKs mount their energy weapons relatively high, AS7 arms are relatively low. The Atlas is not capable of doing peekaboo sniping over hills anywhere to the same degree that the Stalker can.
  • GaslightGaslight It's not your fault Video games are amazingRegistered User regular
    So, were there any interesting changes in the patch that should make me want to play right now? New map, balance changes, something?

Nope.
    steam_sig.png
  • BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular

I know about the new camo and frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

No balance changes, no new stuff beside cosmetic.

Bug fixes and thats about it.
    3ws6wAR.png

Steam and Origin - BillGates91
    LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
  • CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    So we're all kinda waiting on the patch two weeks from now, right? That's when the proposed changes hit?

Although if they managed to fix the damn minimap bug with this patch I may play between now and then anyway.
    MWO User Name: Gorn Arming
    StarCraft II User Name: DeadMenRise
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    So we're all kinda waiting on the patch two weeks from now, right? That's when the proposed changes hit?

Although if they managed to fix the damn minimap bug with this patch I may play between now and then anyway.

HUD bug is going to be a hotfix.
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes ~Shake Shake~ MWO:Endgame Registered User regular
    baaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha! anyone have a cracker?

Kxubkfm.png

Auggggggh it burnnnnnnnnnnnns
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks
  • GaslightGaslight It's not your fault Video games are amazingRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Well, I didn't think I could want to shoot Ravens anymore than I already did, but...
    Gaslight on
    steam_sig.png
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

Kxubkfm.png

It would have been better if it read "Quoth"
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    The NARC change is both good and...pathetic.

Good, because hey, NARC buffs. Still mostly useless, but getting there.

Pathetic because the way they said the game should work is now being called a bug. Again.
  • SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Registered User regular
    I really wanna play right now.

But someone I work with decided addicting me to Game of Thrones was a better choice.

The silly goose.
    Magnetized_zps90f8019f.png
    Syngyne wrote: »

Kxubkfm.png

It would have been better if it read "Quoth"

Id be in love if the Hero raven was called Edgar. Jet Black.
    n90uZGq.png
  • mellestadmellestad Registered User regular
    Lol, I like the Raven camo. The hunchback camo says something on the hunch, but I can't make out what it is.

I *really* want to like the Misery, because I love my stalker 3F. But...geeze. I can't really make a decent build with it. I come close with 4mlas, 1srm6, ac/20 1llas and a 300STD engine, Endo, DHS, but then I run out of crit spaces and can't load enough heat sinks, even if I drop the ammo. :( A gauss works a bit better, but I lose side torsos so often that just seems like a bad idea...
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Registered User regular
    By one of the bottom hatches on the Dragon it says TROG on the buccaneer camo. Still doesn't make up for the crappy camo.
    damoonrulz_zpse43446fb.png
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    see317 wrote: »

Good point, i only tried it on my K2. I'll have to check it out on my Other Catapults.

If you were curious about Buccaneer paint on a non-K2 cat, I think it's actually pretty okay:
    bucapult_zps19fb0b66.gif
    All the colors there are standard buccaneer shades.
    see317 on
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Buccaneer looks pretty sweet on Cents as well.

pT0TAvr.jpg
    ECOED.jpg
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Did a more reasonable recolor of the Wang. I'm pretty happy with this combo.

8r8mSUM.jpg
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard GO DIGITIGRADE OR GO HOME Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    The skull and crossbones on the Catapult missile door is my absolute favorite thing.

Also Quoth is a better name for a Raven because wordplay.
    AvalonGuard on
    FWUfbMk.png
    edited May 2013
    7 Assaults to 4. Ugh! Imbalanced weight matching is never not going to be frustrating.

Edit: And 6 PPC Stalkers are still assholes.
    Stabbity Style on
  • KusmerogluKusmeroglu Consumer Glue (aka Petra) Registered User regular
    There seems to be a bug with the mechlab where it only counts 10 heatsinks for the engine even if you have put more in there.

Blearg, heat sinks in the mech lab and I have a colorful history. I'll take a look, thanks for the heads up!
    Petra_zpsfdc60b14.png
  • tuxkamentuxkamen Registered User regular
    I just saw an AS7-RS with 4xERPPC, AC/20, 2xSSRM. Yikes.
    Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    7 Assaults to 4. Ugh! Imbalanced weight matching is never not going to be frustrating.

Edit: And 6 PPC Stalkers are still assholes.

I had a match the other day where we had a highlander and some heavies against 3 atlases
    camo_sig2.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire lasers pew pew pew Registered User regular
    Man, tonight was a bad night for pubbie teammates. It seemed like almost every opposing team stuck completely together like they were 8 mans, while our teams kept splitting up and getting slaughtered one-by-one except for our lance. Did I miss the memo for sync-drop Mondays?
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, Planetside 2, Origin: Carb0nFire
    Oh also:
    btw good news on the HUD bug seems they finished it last night. It wont be in the patch this morning but with any luck a hot fix very soon.

5 assaults and full team vs 3 assaults and only 7 players.

I just have to stop playing after a match like that. It always kills my desire to play, which frustrates the hell out of me, because I want to play.

Weight matching > ELO. Fix your damn matchmaking, PGI.