Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Mechwarrior:Online] Weapon Rebalancing on the 21st. Oosik Sigs on P19

• AvalonGuardAvalonGuard GO DIGITIGRADE OR GO HOME Registered User regular
    Apparently the Atlas-D in that screenshot utilizes jump jets.

WANT
    FWUfbMk.png
  • OrickOrick Registered User regular
    WANT

It's also 128 ton.
  • MvrckMvrck Registered User regular
    Orick wrote: »
    WANT

It's also 128 ton.

Out of 238. And has a broken cockpit.
    mvrck.png
    Outreach News Your constantly expanding resource for all Mechwarrior news and updates.
  • BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    That UI is masturbation worthy. It looks like the lighting engine is improved as well.

Do.
    Want.

I think they might be on DX 11 already. Well internally, that is.

If so.
    Want.
    3ws6wAR.png

Steam and Origin - BillGates91
    LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire lasers pew pew pew Registered User regular
    That interface is pretty hot. Like, "I can't believe PGI managed to make an interface that good" hot.

However, "SHIFT + TAB To bring up Social Interface".... I hope we can rebind that. And hopefully chat and invite messages pop up in the interface.
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, Planetside 2, Origin: Carb0nFire
    http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/117053-ui-20/

Full details are up. Looks fucking HOT.
    mvrck.png
    Outreach News Your constantly expanding resource for all Mechwarrior news and updates.
  • nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Was I the only one kind of hoping for a Freespace style hanger with animated stuff happening and clicking on things adventure game style? Early MW games had that style too, or maybe just 2?

For just having standalone maps in linear order, MW3 made it feel like you were actually trekking across a planet. Hopefully they can capture some of that with community warfare.
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid I totally put, a haiku in my profile, Limericks won't fit.Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/117053-ui-20/

Full details are up. Looks fucking HOT.

o_o

I WANT MY OOMPA LOOMPA NAOW
    MARKIISIGFORUMSIZE_zps17defe18.png
    PAX 2013 STATUS - Badges: PURCHASED Hotel: RESERVED Vacation: Awaiting approval Plane Tickets: Waiting on vacation approval.
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    That looks a lot busier but I'm not sure its any better. (aside from not being in a tiny window)
    edited May 2013
    Oh by the way. Left unmentioned in the writeup, but it snuck into the last screenshot.

currency.jpg

Apparently a new currency.

Edit: Nevermind, just showing you your GeneralXP
    Mvrck on
    mvrck.png
  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    It's the new currency for buying Clantech! It's one dollar per one currency.
    C2hmw6F.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes ~Shake Shake~ MWO:Endgame Registered User regular
    Oh by the way. Left unmentioned in the writeup, but it snuck into the last screenshot.

currency.jpg

Apparently a new currency.

Edit: Nevermind, just showing you your GeneralXP

Yeah the Gxp in the image was a dead giveaway ;)

I love the new layouts though, much more streamlined, much more intuitive, more options available (YAY for weapongrouping before a match!) and in general just much sexier.
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I guess I still need to see it in action, but the screenshots of mech configuration didn't really look convenient to use.

Also, shift+tab to access grouping seems kind of messed up. And yeah, they better rebind that, because I use Mechwarrior through Steam.
    Stabbity Style on
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    At least my Wang doesn't have the big target on it any more.

Now, if only that hadn't colored ALL my Centurions at the same time.
    I guess I still need to see it in action, but the screenshots of mech configuration didn't really look convenient to use.

Also, shift+tab to access grouping seems kind of messed up. And yeah, they better rebind that, because I use Mechwarrior through Steam.

The store and inventory compare windows look a LOT better. But the Mech Configuration screens? Agreed, I'd have to see those in action, but everything looks way too big, almost "10ft user interface" big.
    edited May 2013
    CarbonFire wrote: »

The store and inventory compare windows look a LOT better. But the Mech Configuration screens? Agreed, I'd have to see those in action, but everything looks way too big, almost "10ft user interface" big.

Do you find the version of our online current mechlab to be too big? It's probably going to be just slightly larger than that, with a drill down to each component section as you add stuff, judging by the screens.
    Mvrck on
    mvrck.png
    edited May 2013

Do you find the version of our online current mechlab to be too big? It's probably going to be just slightly larger than that, with a drill down to each component section as you add stuff, judging by the screens.

Honestly, a little. But it's a fair bit more usable than having to drill down into each individual mech section just to swap items. I can see that getting tedious as hell. I can't fathom any scenario where I'd want to examine just one single mech section, rather than have a complete overview of my entire mech, like all of the current mech lab implementations have it now. It's obviously simpler to understand for new players, but it looks worse compared to what we have now (from a usability perspective).

Also, if you look at the mech details window, that's just for information....it doesn't appear you can actually swap parts from that window, unless they've got some sort of pop-out inventory window or something.

Edit: Upon reflecting on it further, I guess it's not all that different than what we've got now. Kind of wish they had taken a step towards making it more like the web-based mech lab implementations, but eh, they're clearly not going to change their approach now.
    CarbonFire on
  • Forbe!Forbe! NEAPOLITAN Registered User regular
    Get in vent for mech action.
    qGGUP02.png
    edited May 2013
    Edit: I am dumb.
    Mvrck on
    mvrck.png
    Edit: Upon reflecting on it further, I guess it's not all that different than what we've got now. Kind of wish they had taken a step towards making it more like the web-based mech lab implementations, but eh, they're clearly not going to change their approach now.

Yeah. I don't understand the need for a drill down interface when you have full screens to work with. It's not like anyone is going to be playing MWO on their iPhone and doesn't have the screen real estate to spare.
    mvrck.png
    This UI overhual, it's only for outside the game? There are no changes (that I know of) for in-game UI?
    3ws6wAR.png

LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
    I highly doubt that's going to be the finally version because of something else I just noticed about those mockups:
    They didn't leave space for hardpoints in the head.
    mvrck.png
    There is a open hardpoint in the head. It looks right to me...its just being used by a standard heatsink.
    3ws6wAR.png

LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
    BillGates wrote: »
    There is a open hardpoint in the head. It looks right to me...its just being used by a standard heatsink.

Look at the arms/torsos. There are giant hardpoint icons. Energy & missiles in these cases. None on the head, and that head and center torso spacing is fairly tight as is with the bottom.
    mvrck.png
    Hmm I do see that, odd.
    3ws6wAR.png

LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    they did say it was just a mock-up, not actual screenshots. Still looks awesome though.
  • SpectrumSpectrum Raising Heart Excelion, Drive Ignition! MidchildaRegistered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    This patch seemed to have messed something up with ELO. Maybe they are tweaking ELO values, point is it sucks right now.

Almost half of my matches are crazy out of wack for weight distribution.

Just had a game where it was 2 Assaults on our team vs there 6.

[goosery] Yeah but did either of those assaults on your team have the +2.5% bonus to arm pitch speed? That'll make all the difference. [/goosery]

Maybe it did, was me in a 733P and had a ally STK-M, with a normal kinda build, no 4XPPC.

My back is now hurting from winning that game.

sounds like elo is working as intended. sorry you had to suffer through that challenge as opposed to straight weight matching with retarded pubs.

It was refreshing to not have a win waiting for me on a platter.
    Had a game last night where it was almost all assaults on both sides. Their side had something like 4 Highlanders, 1 Atlas and a STK-M.

Clearly the STK-M was the tipping point, it was far more powerful than the 5 STK-M's we had on our team.

We managed to kill exactly ONE of them.

If i had to guess, it was the 4 HGN's that poptartted your entire STK-M's to death. Maybe it was Alpine? God that would suck on Alpine.

The ability to be outplayed on such a massive level...oh wait.

But Bill the STK-M has a 10% acceleration increase. Clearly with such overpowered mechs on our team (All of which Paid to Win obviously) we should have decimated the enemy team in their weakling CBill mechs.
    Quit being a goose. You're well aware a marginal advantage doesn't matter if you were going to get crushed anyway due to other reasons.
    edited May 2013
    Spectrum wrote: »
    This patch seemed to have messed something up with ELO. Maybe they are tweaking ELO values, point is it sucks right now.

[goosery] Yeah but did either of those assaults on your team have the +2.5% bonus to arm pitch speed? That'll make all the difference. [/goosery]

Maybe it did, was me in a 733P and had a ally STK-M, with a normal kinda build, no 4XPPC.

sounds like elo is working as intended. sorry you had to suffer through that challenge as opposed to straight weight matching with retarded pubs.

Had a game last night where it was almost all assaults on both sides. Their side had something like 4 Highlanders, 1 Atlas and a STK-M.

Clearly the STK-M was the tipping point, it was far more powerful than the 5 STK-M's we had on our team.

If i had to guess, it was the 4 HGN's that poptartted your entire STK-M's to death. Maybe it was Alpine? God that would suck on Alpine.

But Bill the STK-M has a 10% acceleration increase. Clearly with such overpowered mechs on our team (All of which Paid to Win obviously) we should have decimated the enemy team in their weakling CBill mechs.
    Quit being a goose. You're well aware a marginal advantage doesn't matter if you were going to get crushed anyway due to other reasons.

Actually my point was that a marginal advantage doesn't actually exist. The STK-M has an acceleration advantage, yes, but unfortunately the other variants can output better weaponry that more than makes up for that slight boost.

But so long as we are of an understanding that even in the opposition you consider it a "marginal" advantage then it would seem the idea of PTW is pretty well defeated at this point. Especially since that marginal advantage (for the rest of us at least) doesn't even really exist.

Add on top of that that my wording pretty well obviously showed I was being facetious and I am quite aware that player skill, coordination, and positioning are paramount I find it quite funny that you decided to try and call me out on that :)
    Delphinidaes on
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks
  • SpectrumSpectrum Raising Heart Excelion, Drive Ignition! MidchildaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013

Actually my point was that a marginal advantage doesn't actually exist. The STK-M has an acceleration advantage, yes, but unfortunately the other variants can output better weaponry that more than makes up for that slight boost.

But so long as we are of an understanding that even in the opposition you consider it a "marginal" advantage then it would seem the idea of PTW is pretty well defeated at this point. Especially since that marginal advantage (for the rest of us at least) doesn't even really exist.
    I don't think you've read a single one of my posts if you think I ever considered a STK-M PTW, but GJ lumping people together. :^:
    Spectrum on

I don't think you've read a single one of my posts if you think I ever considered a STK-M PTW, but GJ lumping people. :^:

No but it's close enough, you just like to complain that you have to pay for a variant you would like to use and consider the ballistic hardpoint to somehow make it superior to your other variants. Which is close enough in my book.
    t7pXRdE.png

Add on top of that that my wording pretty well obviously showed I was being facetious and I am quite aware that player skill, coordination, and positioning are paramount I find it quite funny that you decided to try and call me out on that :)

There is no point in arguing when you pull games that it wouldn't have mattered even if you had a omnimech you still would have lost.

Which is essentially what you did.
    3ws6wAR.png

LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
    edited May 2013

There is no point in arguing when you pull games that it wouldn't have mattered even if you had a omnimech you still would have lost.

That my dear Bill, was the entire point.

Or to be perfectly clear, the argument was purposefully absurd, in order to draw attention to your argument and how absurd it was. It was in no way a legitimate point of view it was meant to highlight the absurdity of the entire argument you were making.
    Delphinidaes on
    t7pXRdE.png
    edited May 2013

I don't think you've read a single one of my posts if you think I ever considered a STK-M PTW, but GJ lumping people. :^:

No but it's close enough, you just like to complain that you have to pay for a variant you would like to use and consider the ballistic hardpoint to somehow make it superior to your other variants. Which is close enough in my book.
    Given your lack of reading comprehension and nuance, your book is simultaneously a pop-up book and a coloring one, aweinspiring in its uselessness.

Or to be perfectly clear, the argument was purposefully absurd, in order to draw attention to your argument and how absurd it was. It was in no way a legitimate point of view it was meant to highlight the absurdity of the entire argument you were making.

While I don't necessarily agree with him, given that one of the core focuses of Bill's argument has been his concerns about what this could mean for competitive play, how is what you are saying relevant?
    Spectrum on
    edited May 2013

It's problem, and when this game goes competitive (Which they said they want it to) and they continue to release mechs with questionable stats unlike there C-Bill counterparts all MC mechs should be banned from competitive play.

They do that then ill be less annoyed but i'll take it. Otherwise the game won't live in E-Sports.
    BillGates on
    3ws6wAR.png

LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
    edited May 2013

Given your lack of reading comprehension and nuance, your book is simultaneously a pop-up book and a coloring one, aweinspiring in its uselessness.

Oh quite clearly, I apparently misread "This variant is better than the variants I use, and it's shitty that I have to pay for the Hero Variant" (My paraphrase obviously) as something entirely different. My mistake.

For your benefit Bill that was me being sarcastic again.

*Edit* Spectrum, because the advantage afforded by the acceleration increase is not enough to overcome the hardpoint issues the variant has. But his obsessive focus on that singular aspect completely dismisses the other part which is why it is absurd.
    Delphinidaes on
    t7pXRdE.png

Oh quite clearly, I apparently misread "This variant is better than the variants I use, and it's shitty that I have to pay for the Hero Variant" (My paraphrase obviously) as something entirely different. My mistake.

"This variant has a hardpoint type that is unavailable on the variants I can normally get and it's shitty I have to pay for it."

Your paraphrase is still shit. Yes it's your mistake.

"This variant has a hardpoint type that is unavailable on the variants I can normally get and it's shitty I have to pay for it."

Your paraphrase is still shit. Yes it's your mistake.

Followed then by your comparison of what you could build on it compared to what you can run in your current variants. But hey that's ok.

Of course maybe I'm wrong and Bill has a point:

biTjJDf.jpg

t7pXRdE.png
    edited May 2013

*Edit* Spectrum, because the advantage afforded by the acceleration increase is not enough to overcome the hardpoint issues the variant has. But his obsessive focus on that singular aspect completely dismisses the other part which is why it is absurd.

What you consider hardpoint issues I don't understand, I have built goods builds in the lab and seen good builds on the field that show nothing is wrong with the weapons it can use.

There is no indication to point out a weakness is its hardpoints, infact, I have seen the exact opposite, with most Miserys topping the end game screen, pretty consistently. If all you have to fall back on are hardpoints, then I don't see enough evidence to support this.
    BillGates on
    3ws6wAR.png

LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
    Well, that was silly.

Running my almost pure LRM CPLT-C1 with a Tag and BillGates NARCing for me on Alpine, firing most (>80%) of my missiles into large targets for clean hits...

...606 damage.