Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Mechwarrior:Online] Weapon Rebalancing on the 21st. Oosik Sigs on P19

• grouch993grouch993 Registered User regular
    meet Capn' Redjack Ryan

ToipMo2.png

looks badass on the awesome.

Looks like a maple leaf on the one leg. Team Canada took the checkered flag.
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    @Mvrck

So, this was weird. Remember awhile back when I was in vent and you told me to go register on http://theoosiks.com/ ? Well, I forgot the password I used. So, I went to retrieve password. I entered my e-mail and then clicked "E-mail new password". Nothing appears to happen on the page. This was at least a half hour ago, maybe even closer to an hour at this point and no email. Did you flush that database after testing and I just need to sign up all over again? Could this page be broken? Checked Spam folder and it is not in there.

And I haven't been playing at all lately due to be sucked into a few other games recently. I keep meaning to, but when I sit down I inevitably fire up something else.
  • MvrckMvrck Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Did you sign up as @Bolthorn? I'm not seeing you on the user list. We've had so many spam bots registering and my trying to get it under control before launch that I may have deleted you by accident in one of the purges.
    Mvrck on
    mvrck.png
    Outreach News Your constantly expanding resource for all Mechwarrior news and updates.
  • f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    So is Geth a user or a bot? Because I've seen him close threads instantly when Roruz Raz asks, and he also awesomed Bolthorn's post above...
    8aXhxwS.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    So is Geth a user or a bot? Because I've seen him close threads instantly when Roruz Raz asks, and he also awesomed Bolthorn's post above...

It's a bot to allow the mods to close or control threads without having access to the dangerous "Merge All" button. I think he may have trigger words that cause him to agree or awesome a post.
    The other option is that he's a bot that a mod can take control over to agree or awesome a post for chuckles.
    The last option, that Geth has achieved sentience and a sense of humor, is too terrifying to consider for more then a few moments.
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes ~Shake Shake~ MWO:Endgame Registered User regular

Bot.

He awesomes posts that he is watching....or something.
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Registered User regular
    insidejoke2_zpsbbb59436.jpg

Yeah, yeah guys, I'll be back I just have to go to the bathroom...

*closes door*

:cry:
    damoonrulz_zpse43446fb.png
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    I had no idea we had an Oosiks site now...signing up !
    steam_sig.png
    MechWarrior Online: Khyber Pryde
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Anybody got shots of a Buccaneer Atlas? Just curious as to what they'll add to the mech that already has a giant skull face on it.
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Oh god I hope they put a skull on the skull.
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Anybody got shots of a Buccaneer Atlas? Just curious as to what they'll add to the mech that already has a giant skull face on it.
    i only have the founders atlas. otherwise i would have checked it out.
    n90uZGq.png
    Campy wrote: »
    Oh god I hope they put a skull on the skull.

I was hoping they put an eyepatch on it. I mean, how can you not?
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long
    urge to buy an atlas... rising...
    n90uZGq.png
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Never fear, Campy is home from work!

http://imgur.com/a/aaDw7

Sadly no eye patches or infinitely repeating skulls. There does seem to be some kind of scar thing going on though. Hard to see without being able to zoom in.
  • MvrckMvrck Registered User regular
    It also says "Big" and "Deal" on each wrist.
    mvrck.png
    Outreach News Your constantly expanding resource for all Mechwarrior news and updates.
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire lasers pew pew pew Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Eh, Buccaneer is kind of blah on the Atlas. Skull is ok, but it looks a little too patchwork and scattershot. I'll keep my PC Gamer Atlas skin for now.

I was also sad that Buccaneer looks terri-bad on the 'Phract. They could have had like a giant skull on the whole face or something, but no, just a few checkerboard patterns here and there and that's about it.
    CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, Planetside 2, Origin: Carb0nFire
    Yeah the pattern is less buccaneer and more X's and Checkers
  • BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Did you sign up as @Bolthorn? I'm not seeing you on the user list. We've had so many spam bots registering and my trying to get it under control before launch that I may have deleted you by accident in one of the purges.

Just resigned up then. Thanks for the quick assistance.
  • BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    This patch seemed to have messed something up with ELO. Maybe they are tweaking ELO values, point is it sucks right now.

Almost half of my matches are crazy out of wack for weight distribution.

Just had a game where it was 2 Assaults on our team vs there 6.
    BillGates on
    3ws6wAR.png

Steam and Origin - BillGates91
    LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
  • f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    This patch seemed to have messed something up with ELO. Maybe they are tweaking ELO values, point is it sucks right now.

[goosery] Yeah but did either of those assaults on your team have the +2.5% bonus to arm pitch speed? That'll make all the difference. [/goosery]
    8aXhxwS.png

[goosery] Yeah but did either of those assaults on your team have the +2.5% bonus to arm pitch speed? That'll make all the difference. [/goosery]

Maybe it did, was me in a 733P and had a ally STK-M, with a normal kinda build, no 4XPPC.

My back is now hurting from winning that game.
    3ws6wAR.png

LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid I totally put, a haiku in my profile, Limericks won't fit.Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Insidejoke_zps3309c629.jpg

"Dakka" and "Urb-Exo". Well played.
    Every single one or my Jagers is getting that paintjob in the brightest god damn PA color combination I can get. I can't fucking wait to do this.

I am so fucking jealous that I can't play for another week. D:
    MARKIISIGFORUMSIZE_zps17defe18.png
    PAX 2013 STATUS - Badges: PURCHASED Hotel: RESERVED Vacation: Awaiting approval Plane Tickets: Waiting on vacation approval.

Maybe it did, was me in a 733P and had a ally STK-M, with a normal kinda build, no 4XPPC.

sounds like elo is working as intended. sorry you had to suffer through that challenge as opposed to straight weight matching with retarded pubs.
    n90uZGq.png
  • KayKay Registered User regular
    So, uh.

No more XP for damage, it seems? CBills, sure. But no XP.
    Atherton Kess in The Vale of Buried Shadows - AC:22, F:19, R:19, W:20 - Resist Force 10
    Alénthian, the Grace of Corellon in Dragon Slayers - AC:35, F:29, R:30, W:31
    Had a game last night where it was almost all assaults on both sides. Their side had something like 4 Highlanders, 1 Atlas and a STK-M.

Clearly the STK-M was the tipping point, it was far more powerful than the 5 STK-M's we had on our team.

We managed to kill exactly ONE of them.
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks

sounds like elo is working as intended. sorry you had to suffer through that challenge as opposed to straight weight matching with retarded pubs.

It was refreshing to not have a win waiting for me on a platter.
    Had a game last night where it was almost all assaults on both sides. Their side had something like 4 Highlanders, 1 Atlas and a STK-M.

Clearly the STK-M was the tipping point, it was far more powerful than the 5 STK-M's we had on our team.

If i had to guess, it was the 4 HGN's that poptartted your entire STK-M's to death. Maybe it was Alpine? God that would suck on Alpine.

The ability to be outplayed on such a massive level...oh wait.
    3ws6wAR.png

LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    So, uh.

No more XP for damage, it seems? CBills, sure. But no XP.

I'm pretty sure they never awarded XP for damage done.
    steam_sig.png

If i had to guess, it was the 4 HGN's that poptartted your entire STK-M's to death. Maybe it was Alpine? God that would suck on Alpine.

But Bill the STK-M has a 10% acceleration increase. Clearly with such overpowered mechs on our team (All of which Paid to Win obviously) we should have decimated the enemy team in their weakling CBill mechs.
    t7pXRdE.png
    On a more serious note, the Misery is certainly a lot of fun. It's a bit of a chore to use it right now as I haven't even unlocked the Basics on it, but in general it feels pretty good.

I will say though people absolutely aim for your left torso like there is a gigantic bullseye on it :D
    t7pXRdE.png

But Bill the STK-M has a 10% acceleration increase. Clearly with such overpowered mechs on our team (All of which Paid to Win obviously) we should have decimated the enemy team in their weakling CBill mechs.

But EG poptarts. I didn't know acceleration increased the chances you can shoot through terrain.

was i right about Alpine? Pretty sure im right about the HGN's poptartting as thats all HGN's do right now, myself included.
    3ws6wAR.png

LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
    edited May 2013
    Nope wasn't Alpine.

What it was, was a coordinated premade of Highlanders (They all had the same paint scheme, and all running Heavy Metals, Black with Green striping, quite fetching actually) That focus fired us down.

You were also wrong about the poptarting, it actually was a gigantic brawl but they had better focus fire than we did and took us out one by one while our team spread it's fire around to individual targets.
    Delphinidaes on
    t7pXRdE.png
    Damn, non-pubs. Can never figure out what they have up there sleeve.
    3ws6wAR.png

LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
    Holy shit that looks amazing.
    3ws6wAR.png

LoL - BillBotNik
    MWO - BillGates
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    More details will probably be revealed soon. Expect updates on http://www.outreachnews.net as soon as we know more!
    Kashaar on
  • FleebFleeb Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So what's the trick with LRMs? Is there a key to press to lock on or something?

Just been playing with trial mechs as I don't yet have enough cash to get... anything, apparently.

On the plus side, I actually managed to do more than 100 points of damage last night! Way better than my previous games of "see enemy, explode shortly afterwards".

This is a good trend.
    Fleeb on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Press R to select an enemy (that you or a teammate has LoS on), then hold the cursor over it until the circle turns red
    camo_sig2.png
  • FleebFleeb Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Press R to select an enemy (that you or a teammate has LoS on), then hold the cursor over it until the circle turns red

Nyah ha! Thanks!
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid I totally put, a haiku in my profile, Limericks won't fit.Registered User regular
    That UI is masturbation worthy. It looks like the lighting engine is improved as well.

Do.
    Want.
    MARKIISIGFORUMSIZE_zps17defe18.png
    PAX 2013 STATUS - Badges: PURCHASED Hotel: RESERVED Vacation: Awaiting approval Plane Tickets: Waiting on vacation approval.