Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• LalaboxLalabox Who even writes this rubbish? Registered User regular
    Sleepy Dogs has a mission where all you do is break into someones house while they're gone and fuck up there feng shui.

That's incredible.

okay listen i've been tossing up whether or not to get this game for some time and this post may have put me over the edge

This is about as much of a spoiler as Nemo's post, but another mission involves a
    wedding cake heist
    . zsiSs.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Yes, play Sleeping Dogs. You can bring a car to a knife fight.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    God I wish that game had had more time in the oven. Second and third acts are so badly rushed. You don't get to hang out with a bunch of the interesting characters from those acts at all. And all the girls have these pretty interesting intros and then you take them on one mission/date and never see them again
  • McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    So I recently played Iron Brigade for the first time, and I was really enjoying myself until they introduced the Jacobs. That volcano level just drained any desire I had to play that game further.
  • SwissLionSwissLion KILLING THROWS Miami, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Since the Day I bought Sleeping Dogs I have had a craving for Pork Buns at least once a day.

Also Food on a Stiiiiiick but for that I have just settled for kebabs
    9IRsl.png
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Hey guys I know this is a really long shot but

well Nintendo's closing what little online the Wii had in a month and a half and I have a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy lying around which I never got those friend vouchers for

does anyone have 15 (I think it's 15 to get everything?) vouchers in that game and would be willing to send 'em over before they lose all value? If so, let's...

*sigh*

let's trade friend codes

@SimBen What it's this business? I have a copy I never got around to playing and I don't know what you're on about.

The game (like plain Metroid Prime 3 before it) has a bunch of what essentially amounts to in-game achievements that give you medals. These are used to unlock stuff (art, soundtrack, stuff like that) in an in-game store.

One of those things is called Friend Vouchers. You don't use those on yourself, you have to send them to a friend and then THEY get the green medals that are needed to unlock some of the bonuses. Well, by the end of June people won't be able to trade them anymore so it'll become impossible to unlock all the bonuses in both games.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I cannot abide the 2 Chainz hate on this week's podcast

guys

his first chain had a twin
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    I seriously can't fathom how there is a single person in these threads who does not already own Sleepy Dogs or at least has been convinced to pick it up sometime in the near future.

The amount that many of us have been gushing about that game for the last 6 months... not to mention Vinny's quick looks...

OH HOLY HELL I JUST CHECKED STEAM AND I HAVE NINE FRIENDS THAT STILL WISH FOR SLEEPING DOGS.

What the FUCK am I doing wrong

I know what I'm spending my summer sale money on. Every last one of you fuckers are gonna play Sleeping Dogs and like it.
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    sleeping dogs looks okay
    i cant even run the demo ;_;
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo Registered User regular
    So can we post Day by Day in here
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I've said this before, I think, but Sleeping Dogs was so good and introduced so many features that I didn't even know I wanted in an open world game that it has dulled my anticipation for GTAV
    Antimatter wrote: »
    sleeping dogs looks okay
    i cant even run the demo ;_;

Anti, if I could afford it, I would buy you a laptop that could run Sleeping Dogs.

I can't. But I just want you to know that if I was rich, I would.
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    for the best, really

that money could go to better things anyway
    15Tpj.jpeg
    There are no better things than Sleeping Dogs.

(ok maybe that's a bit hyperbolic but seriously, it's a great game)
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    does jailed not mean what i think it means?

explain yourself anti
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    I think it means you can't post more than 30 seconds apart and can't make threads?
    daft2.gif
  • rfilyawrfilyaw Registered User regular
    Jintor wrote: »
    God I wish that game had had more time in the oven. Second and third acts are so badly rushed. You don't get to hang out with a bunch of the interesting characters from those acts at all. And all the girls have these pretty interesting intros and then you take them on one mission/date and never see them again

aw, I wanted to see Not-Ping some more
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    SwissLion wrote: »
    Since the Day I bought Sleeping Dogs I have had a craving for Pork Buns at least once a day.

Also Food on a Stiiiiiick but for that I have just settled for kebabs

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A PORK BUN IN YOUR HAND??
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
    rfilyaw wrote: »

aw, I wanted to see Not-Ping some more

Yeah, this is basically the ONLY complaint I had with the game. The romantic interest characters were just one offs, and the last, like... 4-5 story missions really start making these leaps to the point where some characters just drop off the face of the earth and never show up again.

But hopefully they'll have more time and resources with a sequel to button all that type of stuff up.
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    fatwhitecopinhongkong.jpg

I really want to see this now.
    beaversig2.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    I seriously can't fathom how there is a single person in these threads who does not already own Sleepy Dogs or at least has been convinced to pick it up sometime in the near future.

The amount that many of us have been gushing about that game for the last 6 months... not to mention Vinny's quick looks...

OH HOLY HELL I JUST CHECKED STEAM AND I HAVE NINE FRIENDS THAT STILL WISH FOR SLEEPING DOGS.

I know what I'm spending my summer sale money on. Every last one of you fuckers are gonna play Sleeping Dogs and like it.

I've been convinced, but I have to finish my backlog first. Gonna finish infamous this weekend, then it's the first two uncharted games, then infamous 2 then all the god of war games, then mgs4, then the jak & daxter games. Then I can play sleeping dogs
    sayiamansig_zps3b961859.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

I've been convinced, but I have to finish my backlog first. Gonna finish infamous this weekend, then it's the first two uncharted games, then infamous 2 then all the god of war games, then mgs4, then the jak & daxter games. Then I can play sleeping dogs

see ya in 20 years
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Crash Course 2 (now with less Doritos!) plays better than the first, but is definitely a free to play game. It's still as manic and Wipeout and the Avatar animation is still well done, but you've got to play courses to unlock them or pay money to unlock them. There's also boosters and jinxes (stuff that harms a player in front of you) that you can buy. It's not impossible to get the stars needed to purchase new levels, but I can see later levels being a little annoyingly expensive.

Also, the player hosting the game needs to buy the levels to play, so if you want to do more than a few cursory plays, one dude needs to knuckle up and play some single player to start unlocking stuff.

Still, it's free and for free, it's worth it. And pretty fun.
    steam_sig.png
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    I just fired up the 3ds eshop for the first time and it took every ounce of self-control I possess to not spend all my money buying zelda games that I've already played

I am literally this guy

UPwbASV.png
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
  • The BetmanThe Betman Are you afraid of God, Booker? No. But I am afraid of you.Registered User regular
    i bought link's awakening on the eshop because its the best zelda game

gonna buy Oracle of Ages/Seasons later this month, too.
    78dZ1eI.jpg

D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    Sleepy Dogs has a mission where all you do is break into someones house while they're gone and fuck up there feng shui.

That's incredible.

it's pretty much just an incredible game

Hong Kong is gorgeous.

And the game is just the right mixture of Stephen Chau and John Woo.

And the shooting tutorial is an awesome crime scene recreation level.

Sleeping Dogs really surprised me. And I love its title. Let them lie, HKPD. Just let them lie.

it is incredible game
    i am going to play it now
    I play games on ps3. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    PS+ is killing me. Now it's Sleepy Dogs for free and I've barely even started all the other free shit I've gotten since I signed up. Infamous/Infamous2, Vanquish, Spec Ops, LBP2 and a handful of PSN games.

I should probably stop buying new stuff all together because I'll never finish any of them at this rate.
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    PS+ is killing me. Now it's Sleepy Dogs for free and I've barely even started all the other free shit I've gotten since I signed up. Infamous/Infamous2, Vanquish, Spec Ops, LBP2 and a handful of PSN games.

I should probably stop buying new stuff all together because I'll never finish any of them at this rate.

I just hope some of that crosses over to the PS4.

Because...that would kind of suck.
    I think eventually, yeah it will.

That's actually the biggest bummer to me about the lack of b/c in the PS4, is that all those free PS3 games you have because of PS+ are stuck on your PS3. But when the PS4 launches, they're going to be counting on the new games to sell consoles, so it will probably be a while before they're able to justify offering free games. Discounts, maybe.

I'm assuming that both consoles will require a subscription to utilize their online features, a la the Live Gold service, so I'm just hoping that both consoles will eventually come around to offering real incentives to subscribe, rather than Microsoft's current model of "just pay us money, and you get to use the features we built into the console you already paid for!"
  • The BetmanThe Betman Are you afraid of God, Booker? No. But I am afraid of you.Registered User regular
    Oh man, I love the Paladin.
    78dZ1eI.jpg

D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    Oh man, I love the Paladin.

I know! They picked a good gun to make.
    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    carnifex or no sale
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I love the paladin
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I think eventually, yeah it will.

That's actually the biggest bummer to me about the lack of b/c in the PS4, is that all those free PS3 games you have because of PS+ are stuck on your PS3. But when the PS4 launches, they're going to be counting on the new games to sell consoles, so it will probably be a while before they're able to justify offering free games. Discounts, maybe.

I'm assuming that both consoles will require a subscription to utilize their online features, a la the Live Gold service, so I'm just hoping that both consoles will eventually come around to offering real incentives to subscribe, rather than Microsoft's current model of "just pay us money, and you get to use the features we built into the console you already paid for!"

I had suggested the idea in the PS4 thread of selling a "premium" console that includes the required cell chip for an extra $100.

I'd pay for it, and I'm sure others would do the same. I still use the BC on my PS3 and can't imagine "downgrading" to a Slim.

Beyond that, I can't imagine it would be that difficult to re-jigger these games so that they're PS4 friendly.
    captaink wrote: »
    I don't normally want game stuff, but this Mass Effect pistol looks pretty awesome
    http://biowarestore.com/m-77-paladin-pistol-replica-deposit.html
    etc-figure-me-paladinpistol-back.jpg

The company that makes these, TriForce, had a booth at the NY Comic Con, and I got to see this, the Predator, and the Avenger replicas (along with all their Gears and Arkham stuff) up close and personal, and they are nice. Expensive, but nice.
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    yeah I could spend $400 and almost buy a next generation console.
    PoQ0cUz.jpg