Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I love that Patrick loves Yoshi's Island since it's one of my favorite games ever but man he is kinda bad at it.

Well he is talking and playing. And hasn't touched the game in years.

But yeah, I could attempt the same thing and run circles around him. Shoot your tongue up, idiot! Up!
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    based on his expression and the way he had a coffee cup glued to his face, I assume he recorded that after being up too late or getting up too early
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    yes I mean I was not expecting him to be getting hundreds on every level or something, but given how much I played that game it was pretty painful to see him not know stuff like that you can retrieve baby mario with your tongue or even point your tongue up at all, or know to just spit the shy guy into the flower, or to try and jump on the baseball dude when there is a clear window to just hit a richochet shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Shoot your tongue up, idiot! Up!
    if i had a dollar for every time i heard this
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • AshcroftAshcroft Gimme dem Yens Registered User regular
    OK what the hell were they thinking with The Answer? They made a direct follow on to a game that ends with you being a team of mega powered shit kickers, and they don't transfer any levels or items or skills. And the drawing of Aigis on the results page is awful.
    yipyip3.png
  • rfilyawrfilyaw Registered User regular
    I knew I couldn't watch Patrick's Yoshi play, just because I've been watching TriHex speedrun it so much. It's not patrick's fault, no one has to be good at a game to play it, and I appreciate the heck out of him making a bombastica to defend it. I just knew it would drive me nuts to actually watch
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    phew for a second there I saw something about a mech suit in a youtube preview and it looked like something I might want to buy but it was just saint's row IV which looks both dumb and bad so I'm in the clear
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    OK what the hell were they thinking with The Answer? They made a direct follow on to a game that ends with you being a team of mega powered shit kickers, and they don't transfer any levels or items or skills. And the drawing of Aigis on the results page is awful.

Don't play The Answer
    I did have to turn off the star command quicklook because I felt so bad for brad
  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Ashcroft wrote: »

Don't play The Answer

I chose to watch the scenes on youtube after I beat FES. Definitely the right decision
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah.Registered User regular
    Dichotomy is the screams of the haters foretold by the Prophet Kanye.
    Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I did have to turn off the star command quicklook because I felt so bad for brad

yeah i am really glad patrick sort of just started to call out actions to him because i can't imagine trying to play that game and also talk about what you're doing at the same time
  • Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy Registered User regular
    I don't understand why people get so upset if someone sees another person be bad at a game. Not everyone is good at the same videogames. You guys need to relax a little bit.
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    I don't understand why people get so upset if someone sees another person be bad at a game. Not everyone is good at the same videogames. You guys need to relax a little bit.

haha
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular

I don't think anyone was that upset
    I was and am always that upset
    xutFvZ4.gif
    Yes iPhone that's what I wanted to do empty quote dichotomy why don't you just make the rest of my life decisions too you're worse than my mother FUCK
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    metal gear solid is only like 10 hours long how the hell were you guys supposed to get through persona 3
    personaqn.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

I'm not upset

but Yoshi's Island is a game I know so intimately that that stuff really sticks out to me. Like I actually get a kick out of most of Brad's troubles playing on stream, it's just cases where I know a game inside out or where you watch them spend like 15 minutes butting their heads against something really obvious that I find it frustrating.

Like, probably the worst it's ever been was during the Nizbel fights in the Crono Trigger ER. Not only have I played that game through multiple times but those fights are built around an ultra simple mechanic and there is text that pops up on the screen that explains whats going on but I think they managed to blunt force thier way through BOTH fights without realizing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Tal wrote: »
    metal gear solid is only like 10 hours long how the hell were you guys supposed to get through persona 3

See I think the issue here is that I need to put a camera behind me every moment of my life so people can see that I actually do like a lot of things and can't magically record things all the time and will then understand why content has gaps
    K wait this whole "follow me with a camera" may have something to it

Let Me Tell You About Mike Blais
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »

See I think the issue here is that I need to put a camera behind me every moment of my life so people can see that I actually do like a lot of things and can't magically record things all the time and will then understand why content has gaps

but if you had a camera behind you then you'd be recording things all the time....
    15Tpj.jpeg

nobody wants to hear about that
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular

Unsubscribe
    daft2.gif
    Antimatter wrote: »

Ryan: Did you ever really join a fan club?

Jeff: Are you asking me if I ever actually enjoyed anything? ...I don't know.
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »

Unsubscribe

Actually wait

Get into more hijinks with the Canadian Yakuza

Record that
    daft2.gif
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
    reminder
    On the May 3, 2010, 75th episode of IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast, editor Craig Harris confirmed that the story for Dread was fully written and he had seen it at one point in time, claiming "[Nintendo] has it and can bring it back at any time."
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular

Good god so much masturbation.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Yep, literal.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
    Olivaw wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »

You probably meant this in the literal sense

But I think the figurative is stunningly accurate
    i, too, thought this
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT050l-U7aw
    jkZziGc.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    DmC is one of those games that is incredibly rewarding if you do a NG+ on Son of Sparda difficulty. I did die many times but the end result was me becoming really damn good at that game's combat.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    mega man doom TNT is up
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I sent Jeff the formspring message that got him into Zandronum.

Super psyched they're playing it tonight.
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
    SimBen wrote: »

behind the scenes of all recordings involving luke and I

if we had a tally chart of the times I've told Luke "brb gonna go jerk it" and fallen asleep

we would need more than one piece of paper