Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    nintendo handhelds have the biggest install bases of any system in their generation so that's a strange thing to say
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    guys i just remember about Capcom's deep down, and i still want it right now.
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    well that's too bad because capcom is going to be infinite dead forever after lost planet 3 fails
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular
    Did anyone really play Lost Planet 2 and say "I'll have another, please"
    FREEZE. Cool your jets. Ice to meet you. Take a chill pill. Stay frosty.
    subzeroice.gif
    with the number of successful games capcom has, i don't think lost planet 3 is going to sink them.
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I think I played the lost planet 2 demo and didn't find it extremely objectionable
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    with the number of successful games capcom has, i don't think lost planet 3 is going to sink them.

They're pinning their near future on it being a success.
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular
    Lost Planet 2 has exactly 1 good level and it was on a railgun train, and honestly, not even Capcom can fuck up a train level
    FREEZE. Cool your jets. Ice to meet you. Take a chill pill. Stay frosty.
    subzeroice.gif
    Melding wrote: »

They're pinning their near future on it being a success.

I would have assumed they were placing their bets on monster hunter 4. but i guess that's a bit further off.
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
    Ledneh wrote: »
    I fully expect everyone to know The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing by the time the new one comes out

there will be an exam

That's one of the few fanfics I actually really like.
    Tom died unloved and alone in a dirty hole like an animal.
    iExidXCdtAXFB.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Jintor wrote: »
    You've made good choices

Kid Icarus is a hell of a game. Fantastic dubbing, amazing music, wonderful script. Also a fucking hideously painful control scheme

Kid Icarus is an awesome game that I wish wasn't on the 3DS

Because more people need to experience it

Kid Icarus is a game I wish wasn't on the 3DS because I'd like to experience it with a control scheme designed for humans
    camo_sig2.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.pngBasilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne
  • HunteraHuntera Registered User regular
    If capcom goes away I want SNK to jump on the street fighter license.
  • rfilyawrfilyaw Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    i suddenly felt like buying Theatrhythm (one of my reasons for buying a DS) but I kinda wanna play more Rhythm Heaven Fever first. Although, I can't play RHF when I'm on the go, so i should prolly have both anyway

Regardless, I'm gonna check Gamestop tomorrow and see if they got a used copy for under $20 so I don't have to feel guilty about my purchase (i would normally feel guilty about purchasing used vs new, but bills bills bills)
    rfilyaw on
    hm, what i'm seeing is they're expecting lost planet 3 and the up rezzed RE: revilations to each sell 1.2 million world wide.

That, doesn't seem too lofty when compared to the 2.8 million they're expecting monster hunter 4 to do in japan alone.
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Guys I just went through Comstock House in Bioshock Infinite

Holy shit.

Just you wait.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    I have never played an animal crossing game

maybe I'll pick up the new one when it comes out
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    God Super Mario 3D Land is a BLAST.

Best mario game I've played in years.
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You probably wont like it.

You had better just buy it and give it to me and your 3DS.
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    The best situation you can be in for a new AC game is never having played it before and having a handful of friends to play with.

I spent far too much time with the GameCube version, and I didn't even own it. I was that kid that would sleep over at someones house and be the last person to fall asleep. In the case of nights playing AC, I did not actually sleep.
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Capcom should have made Deadly Creatures except with Lost Planets akrids

Instead we are getting another half assed shooter
    EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    You probably wont like it.

You had better just buy it and give it to me and your 3DS.

but then how will I play harmoknight?
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    mike and i finally recorded more metal gear! We now have footage up to escaping from the torture room

also like 45 god damn minutes of us lost in the caves with the wolves
    be honest speed,

it's just 45 minutes of mike telling you the right way to go and you ignoring him, isn't it?
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    be honest speed,

it's just 45 minutes of mike telling you the right way to go and you ignoring him, isn't it?

that only covers 15 minutes of it thank you very much

in all honesty it was less not knowing where to go and more being low on bullets and not being able to keep the dogs at bay while i went for the exit
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    That SR4 PAX demo left a good impression with me, with those powers it's basically Prototype 2.

Man it would be cool if Prototype 2 had been made.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • pablo_pricepablo_price Registered User regular
    I watched Patrick's Yoshi's Island thing and spent almost the whole time thinking "you're missing those red coins there"
    Steam / Xbox Live / Rock Band DLC / WoW: Allanna, Kolii
    SWTOR: Allanna (Shadowlands) / TSW: Sara-Luna
    That SR4 PAX demo left a good impression with me, with those powers it's basically Prototype 2.

that's just mean.
    mike figured out the trick to beating psycho mantis in about 30 seconds with only a bare minimum of prompting

he is a metal gear savant
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular

are you doing a thing?
    why?

heller was a fun protagonist
    the writing was much, much better in the first half of the game, but prototype 2 was a fun time

I play games on ps3. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    mike figured out the trick to beating psycho mantis in about 30 seconds with only a bare minimum of prompting

he is a metal gear savant

that's been around so long though

maybe he heard about it before and just kinda forgot but it remained in his subconscious.
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    I love the original Prototype and, before that, Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Prototype 2's combat gets very boring very fast and Heller is an awfully written character. Mercer was boring himself but Heller had promise based on the intro and all he is is a psycho, and not an interesting one at that.
    i meant likening Saints row to Prototype.

That's just rude.
    I meant the running and jumping and gliding powers, to be more specific. Because I love the original Prototype.
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    OK, I didn't play Hulk UD or Prototype 1. I had a good time with Prototype 2.

I'm sure you guys talked about SR4 while I was at work. I hope no one minds if I opine
    IdolNinja wrote: »

This looks like a ton of goofy fun-- I think the mech and the super powers look fun. The dubstep good and head inflater gun look like they would get old in a hurry. The color palette is ugly. It seems to have turned up the weird red and purple hues of SR3. I don't really understand how videogames work-- there seems to be a good looking game under there, just like SR3, but the palette or something is really ugly. I don't know if it is a stylistic choice or a technical necessity, but it is off-putting.

Fallout 3 had this weird yellow-green tint to it on ps3, and I saw some people removed that somehow with mods on the PC version...
    I play games on ps3. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    Play Hulk Ultimate Destruction
    The demo is pre-alpha, but yes at this current stage the look of the world isn't appealing.
  • No Great NameNo Great Name Registered User regular
    I don't buy AC games because they consume me. I need my time.
    Xbox Live: OGSirToons PSN: NoGreatName Bnet Tag: SirToons#1214 NNID: SirToons
    Steam ID: SirToons 3DS: 3024-5277-3254 Twitch: SirToons check.php?c=sirtoons
    Ultimate Destruction allows you to turn a bus into a surfboard and then leap into the air, throw it like a boomerang and continue surfing. Also you can put civilians down gently and pat them on the head.