Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    is watch dogs going to primarily be a next gen game or is it just being scaled up?

Think of it as the PC version played with everything maxed out vs. put on Medium. That's the difference we're talking about.

That's what I'm hoping it'll be. Add in the social and resuming features on the PS4 version and I may likely get that over the PC version.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    Shabooty wrote: »
    http://www.humblebundle.com/

l-look at the payment options at the bottom....

well internet it's been a fun fuckin' ride but i'm out

let me tell you about bitcoins mumble mumble
    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    The top bidder is a Bitcoin gambling site.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    The top bidder is a Bitcoin gambling site.

the internet
    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I guess Notch finally got tired of spending all that money on bundles.
    JayKaos on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • rfilyawrfilyaw Registered User regular
    Dang I didn't even consider that people might be top bidder as an advertising method
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    A now-working Crash Course 2 QL is up.
    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • One Thousand DicksOne Thousand Dicks :D! Registered User regular
    Muirfest 2013

I love these
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    man this nacho game looks pretty fun
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The first Crash Course was actually pretty fun
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Registered User regular
    So many flashbacks watching that Burnout 2 video.
    this looks like Ninja Warrior: The Game
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    First Crash Course, still free, was fun. Cool animation.

The gameplay on 2 is better, but it's very much a free to play game. You need to pay or do a little grinding to unlock some tracks and, foolishly, get some stars.
    steam_sig.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    watching the cry of fear quick look

sure is fucking rich that vinny's telling patrick to take the horror game QL seriously
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • David_TDavid_T Registered User regular
    Star Command had me going back and playing some FTL just now and I forgot all about how brutal that game is.

First game on Easy, first jump, four guys teleport on board and kill all my guys. Done. Welcome to FTL.
    steam_sig.png
    occasionallywearsahat.com, my rambly ramblings of ramble
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    watching the cry of fear quick look

sure is fucking rich that vinny's telling patrick to take the horror game QL seriously

psst i think he was joking
    beaversig2.jpg
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah.Registered User regular
    I just want Jade Empire 2. And a QL of Jade Empire 2.
    Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    i'm still irritated about the year walk quick look.
    15Tpj.jpeg
    System Shock 2 is now on Steam. I never played either of the SS games, so I'm pretty interested in giving this one a go. Only thing I'm wondering about is if the game is controller friendly (meaning can I conceivably map it to a controller, or are there too many keyboard commands/mouse movements to make that viable?).

The Witcher 2 SDK also got out. Man, if they make a Steam Workshop page for The Witcher 2....
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    System Shock 2 is now on Steam. I never played either of the SS games, so I'm pretty interested in giving this one a go. Only thing I'm wondering about is if the game is controller friendly (meaning can I conceivably map it to a controller, or are there too many keyboard commands/mouse movements to make that viable?).

The Witcher 2 SDK also got out. Man, if they make a Steam Workshop page for The Witcher 2....

Pretty sure there's no way to play SS2 on a controller considering it heavily uses a mouse cursor in its inventory and stuff.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
    Yeah you definitely don't want to play SS2 with a controller ew
    beaversig2.jpg
    Eh, I figured as much. It's not a dealbreaker, but I would have preferred not sitting at my desk to play it.

I am in the mood for a horror game though, and the mods seem to make it look acceptable. Might grab it soon.
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i'm still irritated about the year walk quick look.

No shit?
    steam_sig.png
    Having never played Burnout til Revenge, 2 looks super weird
    beaversig2.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    considering patrick's reaction to vinny saying that, I don't think he cared.

However, cry of fear looks interesting, might download it later and give it a try.
    I really just want Burnout Paradise 2.
    beaversig2.jpg
    I was really excited for Need for Speed Most Wanted as my Burnout Paradise 2 until I played Forza Horizon and liked it way more
    I think the game would have to be seriously scary and well made in order to play something co-op and not joke around. playing with someone else, having a body present, just adds a layer of social interaction to the game and coping mechanism that you're going to do no matter what.

The reason survival horror games are scary and can get so immersive and be so effective is because you are completely alone. Once you add a partner, things just automatically become easier to deal with.
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    but I mean yes also flying bed monster kind of took the edge off of things
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Registered User regular
    I was hoping that Most Wanted would be Paradise 2 in all but name, but nope, not really.
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    I was hoping that Most Wanted would be Paradise 2 in all but name, but nope, not really.

All they really needed to do was remove the cops and it pretty much would be.
    beaversig2.jpg
  • ZayZay FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan Please, just call me York.Registered User regular
    Year Walk QL would have been real boring if Vinny wasn't there :)
    i want a .gif of the tom & jerry-like chase that vinny and that axeman had
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I really just want Burnout Paradise 2.

same, but Revenge 2.
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    I think the game would have to be seriously scary and well made in order to play something co-op and not joke around. playing with someone else, having a body present, just adds a layer of social interaction to the game and coping mechanism that you're going to do no matter what.

The reason survival horror games are scary and can get so immersive and be so effective is because you are completely alone. Once you add a partner, things just automatically become easier to deal with.

And here I thought survival horror was scary because obtuse controls, strange music, bad item placement, and a plot that unfolds in a way and at a pace you can't even begin to place things.
    i am trying to think of a survival horror game that doesn't have awkward controls and I can not think of any off the top of my head
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    eternal dark? maybe?
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • HoukHouk Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    considering patrick's reaction to vinny saying that, I don't think he cared.

which i'm absolutely fine with. the instant i see any GB crewmember trying to be serious in a quicklook is the instant i turn it off

there are times to Take Games Seriously, but the quicklook is not one of those times
    nipplessig.jpg