Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    Sleeping Dogs is the best open-world game this generation.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRb8lVJ0yTwEU9z8bQnGyyuhbqqrbyoUQfu3C406v52YULSxvtU

No. Sorry, but no.

I mean, it's close, but...no.
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Sleeping Dogs is the best open-world game this generation.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRb8lVJ0yTwEU9z8bQnGyyuhbqqrbyoUQfu3C406v52YULSxvtU

I see you have posted an image that is relevant to the SECOND BEST open world game this gen

I am not entirely sure what that has to do with Sleeping Dogs
    THESPOOKY on
    FREEZE. Cool your jets. Ice to meet you. Take a chill pill. Stay frosty.
    subzeroice.gif
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    gtrmp wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I really just want Burnout Paradise 2.

same, but Revenge 2.

How about Paradise 2, but with Crash mode added back in?

Spiritual Successor to Road Trip done by Criterion
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    does sleeping dogs have a dedicated button to tip your cap in greeting to passersby I didn't fucking think so
    2wrn580.png
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular
    Sleeping Dogs has a dedicated command for breaking peoples' arms. And a separate one for legs.
    subzeroice.gif
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Oh god the knee stomp combo move. Harrowing
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM
    Oh god the knee stomp combo move. Harrowing

Breaking both knees of every single combatant in the Zodiac Tournament should've been a cheevo
    subzeroice.gif
    Yeah, you got me there
    subzeroice.gif
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Can we all agree that more games should feature you racing to become Car President?
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I'M HERBERT MOON

I'VE JUST BEEN ROBBED
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Registered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Can we all agree that more games should feature you racing to become Car President?

Why would anyone want to run for the president of the Central African Republic.
    3DS Friend Code: 5472-6198-4568
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    I picked up Theatrhythm today and during one of the battle sections I thought to myself 'wait @Larlar's in this game?'

I am the worst
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Also Theatrhythm is a terrible fucking name
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I hate typing it out
    Jars on
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    does sleeping dogs have a dedicated button to tip your cap in greeting to passersby I didn't fucking think so

does RDR have a pc version yet didn't think so :bz

yeah I'm really hyped about playing sleeping dogs mult-

oh
    2wrn580.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I hate typing it out

Hey it's a fucking step up from 358/2 Days.
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    GTA IV
    Arkham City
    Just Cause
    Sleeping Dogs
    Red Dead Redemption
    Saint's Row

This has been a good generation for open-world games.
    PwnanObrien on
    snasi.gif
  • The Geebs That Is A PonyThe Geebs That Is A Pony Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    well it's also the first generation to really sink its teeth into the genre
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG hence nothing remains except for our regretsRegistered User regular
    just cause 2 4 lyfe
    2T0N0a3.png
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/ldeOUlFPOz0

Three minutes in and then six minutes in.

Actually... the whole thing.
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
    I was watching the Cry of Fear QL and for some reason it reminded me of NBA Street Vol 3, aka the best basketball game of all time.
    iExidXCdtAXFB.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Registered User regular
    Ahahaha, here's a dollar
    avengers_sig.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | last.fm
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    just beat Vanquish, that was uh, some ending.

credits were cute though
    pasig.jpg
    Steam | Fitocracy | leggomypaleo | XBL|PSN|WiiU::ninjafrizz
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Man I could tell I was bad at Revengeance but not two hours and still failing at the last boss bad. Can't even get through the Blade Time... thing.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    move the left stick a little to adjust the camera before you slice

his giant blocks drop nanopaste so that should help out a little
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Yeah, I just can't ever get it in the right place in time and then whoops I'm a pancake.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
    Stilts wrote: »
    I'm now at the point in every Phoenix Wright game where you get penalized for not presenting a contradiction in the exact way they want you to, even though there are multiple ways of doing it that make perfect sense.

Also, I seriously hate the way punishment works in these games. You're allowed very few mistakes, and fucking up can mean losing an hour or more of gameplay.

The best bit is (I think trials and tribulations final case related)
    There's one where they try and stop you from just trial and error shooting evidence across because the "Successful" branch of conversation has the exact same dialogue as the "You've failed forever" branch and it goes on for several screens before it diverges

Got so pissed when I presented the right evidence on the third try and then soft reset because I thought it was wrong

My fault for not being confident in my evidence/reading the game's crazy backwards logic though
    edited May 2013
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Yeah, I just can't ever get it in the right place in time and then whoops I'm a pancake.

Yeah his instant KO building blocks are very infuriating if you don't have nanopaste

he's a real dick on hard though if you're trying to no damage his butt

i do not endorse no damaging butts
    Jintor on
    edited May 2013
    /edit triple post. i'm an idiot
    Jintor on
  • TurambarTurambar Registered User regular
    I'll damage your butt
    avengers_sig.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | last.fm
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    SIMON... ?

God, I'm here, what is it, what's going on
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • ZayZay FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan Please, just call me York.Registered User regular
    Sleeping Dogs is overrated
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure about the choice between RDR and Sleeping Dogs

RDR has a better story
    They both have great characters
    Sleeping Dogs has better combat, much better combat
    RDR made me have fun with unconventional mission types, like patrolling a farm or herding cattle
    Going for all the collectibles was a lot more fun in Sleeping Dogs
    Movement in general was much better in Sleeping Dogs too, if you were off of a horse in RDR, the controls kinda sucked
    The interface in RDR was a bit of a hassle, no instant map button and the inventory system kinda sucked, and holy hell weapon wheels are the fucking worst. Sleeping Dogs avoids this because your weapon wheel is your fucking fists

I don't know, I think Sleeping Dogs is a better game and more fun, but RDR felt grander, more important somehow? Maybe because Sleeping Dogs is just a wonderful refinement of a setting that already existed (modern city) and Westerns have always been pretty piss-poor in gaming

Fuckin', buy both, what the hell, why wouldn't you own both by now
    UnbreakableVow on
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
    edited May 2013
    Turambar wrote: »
    I'll damage your butt

please refrain

damnit why isn't RDR on my PC? I play games on my PC. I just happen to have other systems :<

While I'm port begging, Bayonetta, Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising for PC plz
    Jintor on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    The good thing about Brad's Dota habits is the rest of the team turning it into a VH1 special.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg