Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Fuckin', buy both, what the hell, why wouldn't you own both by now
    no 360, no gaming pc
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    My "favourite" logic break in Phoenix Wright was in Justice For All
    What could have been in the guitar case? Present this poster of the Samurai when you actually mean the costume.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    fuck you I'll own whichever games I want to
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I'm now at the point in every Phoenix Wright game where you get penalized for not presenting a contradiction in the exact way they want you to, even though there are multiple ways of doing it that make perfect sense.

Also, I seriously hate the way punishment works in these games. You're allowed very few mistakes, and fucking up can mean losing an hour or more of gameplay.

You can save any time you want by pressing start.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • interrobanginterrobang we can tear up this rotten world together we'll break and smash and pound it into dustRegistered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    Sleeping Dogs is overrated

zay: worst living human
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    RDR is overrated
    personaqn.png
    Jeff Gerstmann is the light
    personaqn.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    I'm now at the point in every Phoenix Wright game where you get penalized for not presenting a contradiction in the exact way they want you to, even though there are multiple ways of doing it that make perfect sense.

Also, I seriously hate the way punishment works in these games. You're allowed very few mistakes, and fucking up can mean losing an hour or more of gameplay.

You can save any time you want by pressing start.

I could have sworn that only creates a temporary save? Like, when you save, you have to quit. And when you reload, the save is deleted. I thought the only "real" saves were the ones between major parts.
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
    literally swooning at that article
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    i like patrick's worth reading articles
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    I don't care how long that article is, read it all
  • The Geebs That Is A PonyThe Geebs That Is A Pony Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    MrDapper wrote: »
    I was watching the Cry of Fear QL and for some reason it reminded me of NBA Street Vol 3, aka the best basketball game of all time.

you seem to have used the wrong number there
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    I didn't even know they made a Volume 3

1 and 2 were so aces
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
    2 and 3 were both great (or at least I remember them being great)
    iExidXCdtAXFB.jpg
    what is the deal with the header where the kids are holding the analog stick with both thumbs
    personaqn.png
    about what I figured
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • interrobanginterrobang we can tear up this rotten world together we'll break and smash and pound it into dustRegistered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    i don't really like that blog post all that much

i don't think... it is all that good

why
  • ZayZay FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan Please, just call me York.Registered User regular
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    It's a well-written post but it's not a revelation
    2wrn580.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i have bad information retention, by the mid point i had forgotten the begining and so on.

What was that about? How the indie scene needs to undergo a reform?
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    it's mainly the bit about game events being in ny, la, etc

like maybe it's because i'm used to art scenes by this point but like, yes. often times to break into a scene you have to be around and actively participate in it? or like i guess i don't see why it's so upsetting that there are hot spots in the indie games culture where a lot of people who participate in that culture live

it's like the cliche that if you want to be a fine artist, you had better move to new york. sure it might help, but it's not even remotely the only way and the idea that if you're not in new york city you can't succeed as an artist is a buncha crap. this seems similar

and then the jab at bioshock at the end just made me roll my eyes so
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »

well no, not every blogpost can be the tigerforce at the core of all things

Tiger_Force.JPG

???
    2wrn580.png
    Antimatter wrote: »

well no, not every blogpost can be the tigerforce at the core of all things

Tiger_Force.JPG

???

http://nerd-age.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Darkseid-4.jpg
    15Tpj.jpeg
    whenever somebody posts an excellent piece like that and there are reactions wherein vague, unoffensive dislike is expressed this is basically how I see it

WrHclgK.png
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    I would read that article

But it seems pretty long and I'm playing Sleeping Dogs, so
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
    edited May 2013
    wrong thread
    Hullis on
    2wrn580.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    it's mainly the bit about game events being in ny, la, etc

like maybe it's because i'm used to art scenes by this point but like, yes. often times to break into a scene you have to be around and actively participate in it? or like i guess i don't see why it's so upsetting that there are hot spots in the indie games culture where a lot of people who participate in that culture live

it's like the cliche that if you want to be a fine artist, you had better move to new york. sure it might help, but it's not even remotely the only way and the idea that if you're not in new york city you can't succeed as an artist is a buncha crap. this seems similar

and then the jab at bioshock at the end just made me roll my eyes so

it's upsetting because not being able to participate in events that take place in large metro areas like LA, NYC, SF et cetera is a huge roadblock that stands in the way of recognition and achievement

and if you're not lucky enough to live there already, and you don't have the means to move there

then i guess you're just fucked, aren't you?

i don't understand the alternative being proposed here, though. have those events everywhere? that'd be great, and i'm sure if you asked anyone they'd love for that to happen. but there just isn't the infrastructure or demand outside of those areas for that to be feasible. otherwise there would be events happening in those places already

or do you just want those events to not happen? that also seems backward to me

and like i said, no. no i don't think you're fucked just because you don't live in those places. just like i don't think i'm fucked as an artist because i live in indiana.
    edited May 2013
    and like i said, no. no i don't think you're fucked just because you don't live in those places. just like i don't think i'm fucked as an artist because i live in indiana.
    Drew and Patrick just visited a festival in Iceland that was celebrating a studio founded by THREE DUDES

and now look at EVE
    Hullis on
    2wrn580.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I kind of stopped caring once he starting making pretty weird and reaching statements about how games have to try to make some sort of deep point to be considered good, and then accused the indie gaming scene of being classist and racist and then makes a bunch of silly criticisms like how success requiring networking within the industry/scene/whatever is a bad thing and offers no actual solutions to this perceived problem.
    Maddoc on
    camo_sig2.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.pngBasilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne