Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    I really want RE to never have co-op again.

Or least make it a separate mode instead of building your entire fucking game around it.

RE5 co-op was great. Probably one of my favorite co-op experiences in any game.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    a 4 year development cycle huh?

I can't wait for the "watch-dogs sells 6 million copies in first month, did not meet ubisoft's sales targets"
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Well, a lot of that work was developing the engine for it, so they can get multiple games out of it
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Cry of Fear first game up on Unprofessional Fridays.

I'm sure they will be taking it super seriously.
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
  • Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Cry of Fear first game up on Unprofessional Fridays.

I'm sure they will be taking it super seriously.

Or else.
    aqMzB.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Gamertag: Car1gt // Facebook // Twitter
    I think they've died 20 times in the last 10 minutes.
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    Game over
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    uninstalling XCOM until EW comes out.
    15Tpj.jpeg
    edited May 2013
    Well. I actually want to play Zeno Clash 2. And Brad is going to play the end of it? So I guess I have to turn this off.

EDIT: never mind, he was joking.
    august on
    Unless they are okay with Brad playing for the majority of this Stream, I doubt Brad will actually get to the end of this game on this Stream, but who knows.
    aqMzB.jpg
    Matt Rorie loves himself some wonky ragdoll physics.
    aqMzB.jpg
    Dave will be coming back sometime soon to do a Quick Look of Neverwinter
    THESE RC CARS ARE PLAYING SOCCER AND IT'S ADORABLE
    Everyone do their best impression of the RC car noise

rurr rurr rurr RURR
  • LalaboxLalabox Who even writes this rubbish? Registered User regular
    Cry of fear was really tedious.

I played a while back, and they might have changed things, but it had some really stupid gameplay and design decisions.
    . zsiSs.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    I really want RE to never have co-op again.

Or least make it a separate mode instead of building your entire fucking game around it.

RE5 co-op was great. Probably one of my favorite co-op experiences in any game.

the co-op was the best part of the game

the racism and bad everything else were what was bad
    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
    edited May 2013
    122ydd4.jpg

who wants a new signature picture
    Mr. G on
  • ScolbertScolbert Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Cry of fear was really tedious.

I played a while back, and they might have changed things, but it had some really stupid gameplay and design decisions.

do you find simon
    SIMON... ?
  • No Great NameNo Great Name Registered User regular
    RE outbreak and RE outbreak file 2 are fantastic come at me
    Xbox Live: OGSirToons PSN: NoGreatName Bnet Tag: SirToons#1214 NNID: SirToons
    Steam ID: SirToons 3DS: 3024-5277-3254 Twitch: SirToons check.php?c=sirtoons
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Registered User regular
    Picked up Sleepsy Dawggins because of you buttholes

It's pretty dope so far, but the red counter outlines are kinda tricky for my colorblindness. Hope it ain't too big a problem.
    WIMBLIN.jpg
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Registered User regular
    "Press Y to Extort"

Haha, you're alright, Slippy Dowgs
    WIMBLIN.jpg
    NANOMACHINES
  • rfilyawrfilyaw Registered User regular
    the red counter outlines don't show up very well on bright days. One fight club I had to pull the baddies into the shade so I could see their counters. Although if you train yourself to look for it, they all have tells, so you could theoretically do it without
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    the red counter outlines don't show up very well on bright days. One fight club I had to pull the baddies into the shade so I could see their counters. Although if you train yourself to look for it, they all have tells, so you could theoretically do it without

I never had that issue with the lighting but yes, tells are what I was about to suggest.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • reVersereVerse The shadow's come to stay Registered User regular
    I'm slow. It took me until now to figure out why Slender Man is in the Mega Man mod.
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I'm now at the point in every Phoenix Wright game where you get penalized for not presenting a contradiction in the exact way they want you to, even though there are multiple ways of doing it that make perfect sense.

Also, I seriously hate the way punishment works in these games. You're allowed very few mistakes, and fucking up can mean losing an hour or more of gameplay.
    Stilts on
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
    reVerse wrote: »
    I'm slow. It took me until now to figure out why Slender Man is in the Mega Man mod.

Well...

that particular incarnation of the Mega Man mod randomly picks a player to be the boss with lots of health and special powers

Slender Man is one of them as is Scrooge McDuck and the main characters from Cave Story

so it's not just because his name is Slender Man! But that's a good observation I hadn't thought of that.
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I'm now at the point in every Phoenix Wright game where you get penalized for not presenting a contradiction in the exact way they want you to, even though there are multiple ways of doing it that make perfect sense.

Also, I seriously hate the way punishment works in these games. You're allowed very few mistakes, and fucking up can mean losing an hour or more of gameplay.

At points like this I do not feel bad at looking up a hint.
    3DS Friend Code: 5472-6198-4568
    Also despite what Jeff said you don't need any commercial wads to run Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch. Just install Zandorum and point it at a Mega Man server and it should download everything you need. Works on Windows Mac and Linux.
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

At points like this I do not feel bad at looking up a hint.

When I get to the point where one mistake will give me a game over, I come up with an answer in my head and then check with a FAQ to see if I'm right.
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien Registered User regular
    Frankly I find a the red counter material to be a bit distracting in Sleeping Dogs. It's a bit like the Detective Vision in the Arkham games. Just let me look at the art and stop breaking the immersion.

Since, by law, no Sleeping Dogs post can be entirely negative: I busted up a parking lot full of gangsters last night. At the end of the fight one of them tried to hop on Wei's motorcycle to get away. He didn't get far before I pulled him off and started pummeling him with my fists and a payphone. Good thing he put on the helmet first.
    snasi.gif
  • TurambarTurambar Registered User regular
    Have they released any story DLC for Sleepy Dogs apart from the jumpy ghost one?
    avengers_sig.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | last.fm
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Have they released any story DLC for Sleepy Dogs apart from the jumpy ghost one?
    A couple!
    2wrn580.png
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
    Yep, there's tons of it including a B-Movie style kung fu tournament and one with a super car.
    iExidXCdtAXFB.jpg
    God I need to have free time to play sleepy dogs.
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Turambar wrote: »

zodiac tournament - sort of like a hong kong kung fu b-movie
    Wheels of fury - adds a car with guns and some story about it
    year of the snake - missions about stopping a cult group
    and then nightmare in north point about Chinese folk tale monsters

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
    Looks like Geth needs the time too.
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Sleeping Dogs is the best open-world game this generation.