Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Cry of Fear Quick Look.

PRETTY GREAT.
    steam_sig.png
  • The BetmanThe Betman Are you afraid of God, Booker? No. But I am afraid of you.Registered User regular
    Brad Muir ‏@MrMooEar 28m
    Excited but also kinda worried about @bradshoemaker's descent into @DOTA2! :D!
    78dZ1eI.jpg

D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072
  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 6/2005 - 3/20/2013Registered User regular
    You know, I kinda don't really care about Watch Dogs now.

If I wanna have fun in a big city causing mayhem, I'll just give Mister Wei Shen a call.
    w1KIYUJ.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    I think Watch Dogs could be super neat and engrossing. I am withholding excitement until we know a lot more about it. It certainly has potential to be great.
    I play games on ps3. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    You know, I kinda don't really care about Watch Dogs now.

If I wanna have fun in a big city causing mayhem, I'll just give Mister Wei Shen a call.

While there is absolutely nothing wrong with calling upon Wei Shen, if Sleeping Dogs taught me anything, it's that a solidly constructed open-world game with some unique focus is pretty much my thing.

So if Watch_Dogs can offer me a tight experience with some unique mechanics, I'll be all over it.
    The Betman wrote: »
    Brad Muir ‏@MrMooEar 28m

To be fair, every single thought Brad Muir has probably begins with "Excited..."

If anyone else was having a thought about Brad's DOTA problem, it would just start with "Kinda worried..."
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Cry of Fear Quick Look.

PRETTY GREAT.

The enemy design in this game is... inspired.
  • The BetmanThe Betman Are you afraid of God, Booker? No. But I am afraid of you.Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    Brad Muir ‏@MrMooEar 28m

To be fair, every single thought Brad Muir has probably begins with "Excited..."

If anyone else was having a thought about Brad's DOTA problem, it would just start with "Kinda worried..."

Oh yeah, I just really liked the quote and thought it was relevant for the thread
    78dZ1eI.jpg

D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072
    Sleeping Dogs is the first sandbox open world game I have played in a long time that doesn't feature helicopters or planes. And I don't even really miss them.

Some of the drug busts have a huge number of enemies! There was a drug bust near the Kennedy Town condo with a dozen guys or so. There were guns around, so I started shooting back. And then the cops showed up and started shooting at Wei and the other guys. Meanwhile, there is some sort of salesperson that is scared out of his mind. Drug dealer reinforcements show up at the same time as the police back-up. They mostly killed each other off, I think Wei only shot three dealers before the cops arrived and two afterwards. :)

A google search suggests that poor bastard has a hot tub for Wei's condo, but I can't get him to talk to Wei anymore.
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue Registered User regular
    Cry of Fear Quick Look.

PRETTY GREAT.

super great
    beaversig2.jpg
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    is watch dogs going to primarily be a next gen game or is it just being scaled up?

Think of it as the PC version played with everything maxed out vs. put on Medium. That's the difference we're talking about.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Cry of Fear Quick Look.

PRETTY GREAT.

super great

Wonder if it would work as a TNT or Friday show game? Vinny required.
    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Registered User regular
    Sleeping Dogs is the first sandbox open world game I have played in a long time that doesn't feature helicopters or planes. And I don't even really miss them.

It wasn't until I read your post that I realised they weren't there.
    So yeah, Sleeping Dogs manages to get a lot of things right that a lot of open-world games get wrong, the modern day ones anyway.

Also, no sign of P4A in any of the stores I checked today. This bums me out hugely.
    Ryan just posted a "failed quicklook" on his tumblr.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Sleeping Dogs is neck in neck with RDR for my favorite open world game ever

The fact that it's on PC means I'm far more likely to actually sit down and play Sleeping Dogs, though
    camo_sig2.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.pngBasilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    http://www.humblebundle.com/

l-look at the payment options at the bottom....
    ooty.gif
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Registered User regular
    I guess System Shock 2 is on Steam now.
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    People now have no excuse to still not have Psychonauts
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    oh man this cry of fear quick look

simon's not home

yo simon, let me in bro, open a window or something!
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I have been meaning to pick up Costume Quest for a while.

Also the average is like $8.00 right now that seems a lot higher than usual. Weird.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »

well internet it's been a fun fuckin' ride but i'm out
    "This is the worst basketball court ever."

That one even elicited a chuckle from Drew in the background
    I might be swinging back towards GTA5 after having zero interest in GTA4.

I've played a ton of sandbox games on my ps3-- RDR, AC2, AC2Bro, AC2Rev, AC3, SR2, Prototype 2, SR3 and I am slightly more than halfway through Sleeping Dogs I think. I'm very much planning on buying that Game of Death "go to the island and fight in a martial arts mortal combat tournament, probably led by a Bond villain guy" DLC and the post-game New Year DLC. This is one of my favorite games ever.

I do miss Winston and Jackie a lot though. The characters in the middle of the game aren't nearly as endearing.

I really do need to get back into Just Cause 2. There are some really neat ways to play with the harpoon thing in that game, and the vistas are incredible. The last time I played it, I spent more than an hour just para-gliding all over that archipelago. I should have held off on Sleeping Dogs until I finished JC2, I guess, but my nephew talked me into getting it. He also talked me into trying out the Saints Row games. :)

haha the bed ghost
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    Langly wrote: »
    oh man this cry of fear quick look

simon's not home

yo simon, let me in bro, open a window or something!

NO
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular

i think the art style is hideous and tremendously offputting
    much like my posts
    much like my face
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Who is this Brad Muir fellow?

Is he that smiling chap they often have on premium videos?
    THAT'S NOT YOU, THAT'S NOT PATRICK
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular

There an explanation behind this? It's gonna take half an hour to download.
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
    Uriel wrote: »

Do you really wanna know?
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular
    I way preferred GTA4's expansions to the actual GTA4 game

Despite being open world it felt to me like everything mechanically about GTA4, as well as the presentation, just manifested itself way way better in these small segmented stories than the overall arc of Niko's game. Watching several small stories unfold in the scope of the city seemed more interesting than this one man's life.

I think that's partially why I'm so interested in GTA5, because it seems like they've taken that "these stories work very well in small chunks" and have done that but woven the smaller stories into a larger narrative in some kind of meaningful way. If the game actually plays out like that then I think it's going to far and away be their best work

Not to say Rockstar can't do overall narrative well though. Red Dead is a terrific example of where there narrative works extremely well on a much larger scale....but I also just really like cowboys.
    SimBen wrote: »

Nnnnn...Yes
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »

the beginning of the end for the duplicitous plutocracy??
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    I'm slowly coming to terms with the idea that open world games might not be For Me
    august wrote: »

There an explanation behind this? It's gonna take half an hour to download.

Weird, it streamed for me.

It's Jeff and Ryan attempting to make a Crash Course 2 quicklook and getting stymied by the interface and some sort of server error. It's funny but probably not worth that much time.
    Antimatter wrote: »

i think the art style is hideous and tremendously offputting

I'm... disappointed by this for some reason

Nnnnn...Yes

Yeah, he is a designer at Double Fine, and he is constantly happy.
  • QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Posting these again because I can
    RyanMuirAv_zps556cafac.gifMuirSmileAv2_zps7803b84f.gifMuirSmileAv_zpsd79f772b.gifMuirAv_zps6d1871fb.gif
    QuestionMarkMan on
    Averylistensig_zpsbaf5e2c6.gif
    BED SHOT.

If you'll stop talking, sure!

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I don't care about the quality of Watch Dogs because I'll give money to any open-world game in Chicago

I've said this before and I'll say it again