Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    OK, I didn't play Hulk UD or Prototype 1. I had a good time with Prototype 2.

I'm sure you guys talked about SR4 while I was at work. I hope no one minds if I opine
    IdolNinja wrote: »

This looks like a ton of goofy fun-- I think the mech and the super powers look fun. The dubstep good and head inflater gun look like they would get old in a hurry. The color palette is ugly. It seems to have turned up the weird red and purple hues of SR3. I don't really understand how videogames work-- there seems to be a good looking game under there, just like SR3, but the palette or something is really ugly. I don't know if it is a stylistic choice or a technical necessity, but it is off-putting.

Fallout 3 had this weird yellow-green tint to it on ps3, and I saw some people removed that somehow with mods on the PC version...
    Play Hulk Ultimate Destruction
    The demo is pre-alpha, but yes at this current stage the look of the world isn't appealing.
    Ultimate Destruction allows you to turn a bus into a surfboard and then leap into the air, throw it like a boomerang and continue surfing. Also you can put civilians down gently and pat them on the head.

Hulk does sound like a fun game, but I still need to finish Dark Souls and Sleeping Dogs and Dragon's Dogma and Just Cause 2 and and and
    I play games on ps3. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    mike figured out the trick to beating psycho mantis in about 30 seconds with only a bare minimum of prompting

he is a metal gear savant

that's been around so long though

maybe he heard about it before and just kinda forgot but it remained in his subconscious.

I promise I have never heard that

I literally know nothing of metal gear because until about a month ago I had glossed over literally everything ever posted about it without reading
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    are you guys actually going to go for non lethal european extreme
    -Tal on
    personaqn.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    OH MY GOD

That Saints Row 4 demo

That looks amazing
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien Registered User regular
    So, Sleeping Dogs.

I stopped to help a gang member who was being ripped off. I chased the guy up a flight of stairs, over a pedestrian walkway and into a street before stopping him from getting into a car to get away...

...while on a motorcycle.
    snasi.gif
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    I think my favourite Sleeping Dogs side missions are the cons. That's thinking outside the box.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    mike figured out the trick to beating psycho mantis in about 30 seconds with only a bare minimum of prompting

he is a metal gear savant

that's been around so long though

maybe he heard about it before and just kinda forgot but it remained in his subconscious.

that's what i thought but he insists it is not the case
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    are you guys actually going to go for non lethal european extreme

in mgs3 yes

2 i'm only gonna do normal extreme so that i can show how the alert system evolved between games
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed the sector sweeping and increased security stuff they pulled in in 2

i mean it still had terminally idiotic guards but I think you have to have some level of that just to make a stealth game playable
    The guards miss things that a real person wouldn't but that's because realistically it would be next to impossible to sneak past a highly trained and coordinated team of soldiers undetected, especially when you take into account that a video game character inherently cannot do all of the things that a real spy could
    Mgs1 is barely a stealth game
    personaqn.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Playing through the tail end of Luigi's Mansion 2 at night in the dark is a great/terrible idea. I'm not gonna make it out to be Amnesia, but it has some scary moments.

Third level of the fifth mansion
    You start by examining a security screenshot as you've done several times before, it's a fun little activity. When you look at King Boo he turns around inside the screenshot and shrieks at you, the computer screen cuts to static.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular
    Did Brad Muir have a Class of GDC picture?
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The driving stuff in Watch Dogs reminds me of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, which is a very good thing
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    We are fast approaching the point where I'm afraid Watch Dogs is going to be the Assassin's Creed 1 of this cycle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Balefuego wrote: »
    We are fast approaching the point where I'm afraid Watch Dogs is going to be the Assassin's Creed 1 of this cycle

Could you please elaborate? I don't know what you are suggesting.
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    That it's going to be hyped to hell and then disappointing.
    steam_sig.png
    I didn't buy a ps3 at launch, so I missed the AC1 hype and disappoint, but I did full enjoy the awesomness of AC2 and the amazingness "yes, yes, this is what I want" of Brotherhood.

I think the protagonist in Watch Dogs look like a dork.
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Mirror's Edge and the terrible marketing and the fact that they still haven't made any more makes me so angry and oh goddamnit I never actually bought it I borrowed it from a friend I am part of the problem augh
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    The iconography, the straight diagonal lines, that mini map, there's a serious assassin's creed feel to it, which I suspect is intentional, so as to lead AssCreed fans into a "new" franchise.

I say "new" because, as I'm sure we all know, it takes place in the Animus.
    steam_sig.png
    how long until ubisoft actually renames themselves abstergo
    personaqn.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    well see if you take "ubisoft" and move the s and t right next to each other and put the o at the end and take out some letters and add some more in

that's right

they're already abstergo
    xutFvZ4.gif
    christos...
    personaqn.png
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    well see if you take "ubisoft" and move the s and t right next to each other and put the o at the end and take out some letters and add some more in

that's right

they're already abstergo

Hello it almost looks like an arrow!
    daft2.gif
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Assassin's Creed 1 had to share its development time and budget with a brand-new engine featuring gameplay nobody had ever done before.

That is not the case with Watch_Dogs.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    Holy shit that Cry of Fear QL

So great.
    SimBen wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed 1 had to share its development time and budget with a brand-new engine featuring gameplay nobody had ever done before.

That is not the case with Watch_Dogs.

While your point is valid, this does not automatically make Watch_Dogs immune to the hype train building people up to expect something it's not.

It is entirely possible for Watch_Dogs to be an acceptably good game, yet still disappoint many people based on the game that their own brains have concocted.
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    No I know. I'm just saying that worrying that it'll be a similar situation to AC1 is kind of irrelevant considering its development has absolutely nothing in common with AC1's.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    is watch dogs going to primarily be a next gen game or is it just being scaled up?
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    well if it's coming out on both generations it'd have to be scaled up, wouldn't it
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Registered User regular
    Couldn't it be scaled down?
    3DS Friend Code: 5472-6198-4568
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular
    Watch Dogs is reality scaled up
    edited May 2013
    Whatever the case, given that it's coming out for both console generations, its "next-gen-ness" is probably going to be somewhat limited.

I'll be getting it on PC, anyway.
    Vargas Prime on