Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    isn't that the subtitle to Monaco? I'm assuming that's just a joke
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Are we sure that's a subtitle and not just a marketing line?

e: Wait... isn't "What's Yours is Mine" the subtitle of Monaco? I'm thinking that it's just a tagline for the new Thief game. No way would they use the same subtitle as a game just released.
    Vargas Prime on
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    Wh4t's Yo4rs 4s Min4
    personaqn.png
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    F34R: Wh4t5 Y0ur5 15 M1n3
    Henroid on
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? Registered User regular
    78135: 9275'2 90125 15 3193

...wait
    7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular
    Friendcodes: The Videogame
  • GundiGundi Respected Naturalist of Internet Fauna Registered User regular
    Not-Monaco should check itself before it wrecks itself. But yeah I'm almost certain that is just a jokey reference to Monaco, which is a game about a group of thieves.
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    i really don't think thief 4 needs to make itself more of a joke, to be honest
    Snowbeat on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Doing the kickstarter second was really stupid because you have to make your goal to get the money. So with the tepid response to the other one it means they've now split the avenues to give them money, which means any funding that goes into kickstarter will probably never go anywhere.

Then any of the money they would have gotten through their other source will be decreased since those people are unlikely to give again on a failed project.

so

it's just pretty dumb.

If they were actually out to milk people for all they were worth, they would have done it first and then done the one where you get the money no matter what.
    Langly on
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    So they just added all the prototypes from the last Amnesia Fortnight bundle to the current Humble Bundle, plus the 2PP documentary of the whole thing

Everyone should be getting down on this bundle, y'all
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
    I remember the Monaco guy actually made a post about it and he said that he talked to Ubisoft and it looks like they came up with a similar tagline around the same time.
    iExidXCdtAXFB.jpg
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    thiefour
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    PSA: Metro Last Light is in RedBox

Thank you
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • GundiGundi Respected Naturalist of Internet Fauna Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    I remember the Monaco guy actually made a post about it and he said that he talked to Ubisoft and it looks like they came up with a similar tagline around the same time.
    While I can totally see that happening it's a shame because I can't imagine Thief 4 being as good a game as Monaco. Presumably considering he talked to Ubisoft though I'd assume there's not gonna be any legal shenanigans at least.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue Registered User regular
    What is all this shit talking about Thief 4 now? Has The Internet decided it must be destroyed now?
    beaversig2.jpg
    I'm looking forward to the new Thief. I just think that subtitle is 1) bad and 2) unnecessary.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • ArtreusArtreus Registered User regular
    Just had a weird moment. Watching the cutting room floor video for the Iceland thing.

Somebody sat down just off frame and put their feet up on the tablet. Immediately knew it was vinny because neither jeff nor ryan would wear those shoes
    edited May 2013
    Thief 4: The Adventures of Stealy McCutpurse
    Ceno on
    steam_sig.png
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    What is all this shit talking about Thief 4 now? Has The Internet decided it must be destroyed now?

Yeah this is news to me, too.

I remember people bitching that he had a compound bow in that promo shot they released, but I didn't realize people were just writing the game off already.
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    I should play the original Thief games. I never have.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the new Thief. I just think that subtitle is 1) bad and 2) unnecessary.

Are we sure it's a subtitle and not just a tagline?

Like, "Finish the fight" was on all the Halo (3? 4?) promo shit, but was just a tagline.
    WIMBLIN.jpg
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    Bah, the closest Redbox with Metro is like 20 miles away

Looks like I'll be waiting at least a few days on this one
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    I don't know what you guys are talking about

What's Yours is Mine is a cool subtitle, even if it turns out to not be a subtitle

That's like the only thing I find interesting about Monaco
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    Ceno wrote: »

Are we sure it's a subtitle and not just a tagline?

Like, "Finish the fight" was on all the Halo (3? 4?) promo shit, but was just a tagline.

Not sure. The image was officially released by Square Enix, and for a tagline it's hugging the main logo a bit too tightly, so my assumption is subtitle.
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2013
    But there ain't a colon, which is the traditional indicator of a subtitle
    Poorochondriac on
    WIMBLIN.jpg
    That's like the only thing I find interesting about Monaco

Never stop having bad opinions UV.
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    But there ain't a colon, which is the traditional indicator of a subtitle

1268-1.jpg
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So how much of these Giant Bomb threads will be now be dedicated to bitching about there being a moderate amount of Dota 2 coverage on the site?
    august on
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
    Are we really gonna argue whether it's a subtitle or just a marketing tag?

Cuz who cares
    Are we really gonna argue whether it's a subtitle or just a marketing tag?

Cuz who cares

Bro I got like at least a baker's dozen more posts in me
    WIMBLIN.jpg
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 The Neal Deal Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    So how much of these Giant Bomb threads will be now be dedicated to bitching about there being a moderate amount of Dota 2 coverage on the site?

The Dota 2 discussion right after it becoming a thing still feels like less than the passive all the time Persona talk?
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Giant Bomb threads and bitching?

no way
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I like bitching when it's constructive at least

which usually takes a couple pages 'round these parts
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG hence nothing remains except for our regretsRegistered User regular
    what if brad had gotten super into persona instead of dota
    2T0N0a3.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    are you suggesting a persona moba?
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular