Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    does the Wii U at least have Ubisoft and Activision games on the way?

Yup, every single one of 'em.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    videogame great depression

mobas are the dust bowl in this metaphor
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    PA Patrick: FUCK YOU
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    so I bought Prison Architect

if anyone has any ideas for prison names, lemme have em

The Rita Hayworth Rehabilitation Center

Man, i don't even know how to react to that. Everybody likes ragging on Nintendo and everything, but i wonder if this doesn't reflect more on EA. The Wii-U isn't doing worse than say, the Gamecube, but EA always did it's (usually awful) diligence on that system. They could at least pump out a shitty version of FIFA or something, but to decide it isn't even worth that is less frightening to me for Nintendo's prospects and more worrying about how nervous EA must be about money right now.

EA feeling insecure enough to flat out ignore even a small market is not a good sign. And i for one do not want to see EA decay any time soon, as much as i complain about them.

EA refuses to develop for Wii U because Nintendo refuses to let them port Origin to it. It's pretty simple and it's old news.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    what is going on in this tnt
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    The Wii U actually is doing worse than the Gamecube
    personaqn.png
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »

you don't know?
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Registered User regular

fun
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    That whole final boss sequence of MGR is so great.

Though I think my favorite fight was Mistral.
    The music was so good for that fight.

And didn't require me to start over 28 times
    EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021
    edited May 2013
    Xehalus wrote: »
    isn't EA just a publisher now

do they actually make Madden

Yes, EA Sports Tiburon makes it. The other EA Sports studios make the other EA Sports games (EA Sports Montreal makes NHL, don't know about the rest).

Also Visceral, Bioware, Maxis, etc. are all just studio names that fall under the EA umbrella. They are no less "EA" than the various EA Sports studios. A number of them (the now-defunct Visceral Montreal, for example) are just renamed EA [City] studios.
    SimBen on

The Big Leagues
    Ea not even putting out Fifa is really just leaving money on the table though
    personaqn.png
    ice cold, ryan
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    SimBen wrote: »
    Man, i don't even know how to react to that. Everybody likes ragging on Nintendo and everything, but i wonder if this doesn't reflect more on EA. The Wii-U isn't doing worse than say, the Gamecube, but EA always did it's (usually awful) diligence on that system. They could at least pump out a shitty version of FIFA or something, but to decide it isn't even worth that is less frightening to me for Nintendo's prospects and more worrying about how nervous EA must be about money right now.

EA feeling insecure enough to flat out ignore even a small market is not a good sign. And i for one do not want to see EA decay any time soon, as much as i complain about them.

EA refuses to develop for Wii U because Nintendo refuses to let them port Origin to it. It's pretty simple and it's old news.

You already need an Origin account to play EA games on Wii U. Whether or not EA wanted more should be irrelevant as a sticking point for EA not publishing games on the Wii U, since every other console currently does the same thing. If EA decided to use "we don't want to become actual partners with you" that a sticking point for giving Nintendo nothing then that's a whole nother' problem, but that seems kind of a weird leap of logic to make.
    masterofmetroid on
  • supersporksuperspork Registered User regular

fun
    Wrong- fungineering.

The best video game about prison is Riddick
    personaqn.png
    edited May 2013

You already need an Origin account to play EA games on Wii U. Whether or not EA wanted more should be irrelevant as a sticking point for EA not publishing games on the Wii U, since every other console currently does the same thing. If EA decided to use "we don't want to become actual partners with you" that a sticking point for giving Nintendo nothing then that's a whole nother' problem, but that seems kind of a weird leap of logic to make.

The grapevine talk is that EA essentially wanted to force an install of an Origin app on the WiiU that the games couldn't run without (also they wanted to force always-online on their games according to some versions of the rumor), and which would host every single DLC for EA games; these DLCs would not appear on the Nintendo shop. This was the sticking point that caused them to pull out.

Whether Sony and Microsoft will allow them to do that, and how EA will react if they refuse, well, we'll see.
    SimBen on
  • AshcroftAshcroft Gimme dem Yens Registered User regular
    I wonder if Nintendo can do anything about the Wii U. If the sales keep slowing down (have they even sold half a million of them this year yet?) do they just have no choice but to stick it out until 2018, or could they pull the plug and release something else that will be able to compete with the PS4 and Xbox much much sooner?

I mean maybe they'll turn it around, but this seems different to the Gamecube. The Gamecube made money. The Wii U sells at a slight loss, and stores are already selling off their stock at £100 less than the launch price, because no one was paying £250 for a Wii U when the 360 and PS3 are sitting next to it at £100-£150. At least it'll look better price-wise when the new systems launch I suppose.

Man they really have to fix this. I can't imagine a world without Nintendo releasing home consoles.
    yipyip3.png
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular
    The main solution to the Wii U, as always, is lots of good video games
    personaqn.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I think the WiiU will pull itself together and be a quiet but sustainable product once the big gun first party stuff is established.
    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I can't imagine a world without Nintendo releasing home consoles.

really? because I imagine worlds where nintendo just makes games for other consoles all the time and there is nothing about it that isn't great

This would actually be the best case scenario, I think

As it is the only reason I would want to buy a Nintendo console is because it plays Mario games, and that's not a very good reason
    acblackflag.jpg
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular

The grapevine talk is that EA essentially wanted to force an install of an Origin app on the WiiU that the games couldn't run without, and which would host every single DLC for EA games; these DLCs would not appear on the Nintendo shop. This was the sticking point that caused them to pull out.

Whether Sony and Microsoft will allow them to do that, and how EA will react if they refuse, well, we'll see.

I've heard this rumor before, but it currently just seems like well, a rumor. And EA just deciding to pull up game support for not agreeing to something that, let's face it, would be a huge risk on Nintendo's part?

It feels a little too "EA IS THE DEVIL YOU GUYS" for me to take at face value, and EA having serious business troubles feel a lot more likely to me, even if that's probably the more disheartening option in the long run.
    What if Nintendo buys Sony Computer Entertainment
    personaqn.png
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    TIME TO PLAY THE ZAP GAME
  • AshcroftAshcroft Gimme dem Yens Registered User regular

really? because I imagine worlds where nintendo just makes games for other consoles all the time and there is nothing about it that isn't great

They wouldn't do it though. They'd just go handheld only.
    yipyip3.png
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular
    That tnt ended incredibly
    THAT COUNTED
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

They wouldn't do it though. They'd just go handheld only.

In my ideal world Nintendo still makes great handhelds

They just take what would be their big console games and put them on Sony and Microsoft's consoles
    SirEtchwarts on
    acblackflag.jpg
    oh my god

the perfect ending
    edited May 2013
    I'm dead
    ( not really but
    that ending was amazing)
    Virgil_Leads_You on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    that shock game is seriously the best thing
    Dave's sister wasn't going to wait for the shock
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Registered User regular
    That was amazing.
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    Best TNT ending
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Karen is so god damn awesome. That was just a fantastic TNT.
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien Registered User regular
    That was the most abrupt ending possible and also the best.
    snasi.gif
  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 6/2005 - 3/20/2013Registered User regular
    I would vastly prefer Nintendo stick to just portables. They've always done well with them for, what, 25+ years now? I love my 3DS and what they're doing with it this year. Meanwhile I couldn't give two shits about the Wii U, even with Wind Waker HD.

Though to be fair, I'm not really interested in either the PS4 or NextBox either, since my PC will probably still be better anyway.
    w1KIYUJ.jpg