Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    seriously though why can't he crawl

I have news that will blow your mind!
    Metriod is a girl!
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    stream persona

have you beaten it yet

there is zero way for me to get video off this vita

Use your phone
    personaqn.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    but what would i stream? my first ever playthrough of baldur's gate? maybe Final Fantasy 4! maybe frozen synapse. maybe live reactions of TWEWY? so many choices

jedi outcast
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    you know I have heard reach out to the truth like 500 times by now

not tired of it
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i've never played super metroid

based on the middle right screenshot i dont know if it's actually bugged or if people are just bad at old games

They need to use the moph ball bomb.
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Why can't Metroid crawl?

Should Metroids crawl?
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • AshcroftAshcroft Gimme dem Yens Registered User regular
    Put the US version of Super Metroid on the 3DS please Nintendo. Stop releasing these things like Disney. Put 'em all out on everything.
    yipyip3.png
    Melding wrote: »

Metriod is a girl!

No no that's Samus, the hot chick from Brawl

I think she got a spin-off or something?
    personaqn.png
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Getting caught up on this Bioforge stream

This is gold
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i've never played super metroid

based on the middle right screenshot i dont know if it's actually bugged or if people are just bad at old games

They need to use the moph ball bomb.

heh
    i mean i figured that but i also figured that was too obvious
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    but what would i stream? my first ever playthrough of baldur's gate? maybe Final Fantasy 4! maybe frozen synapse. maybe live reactions of TWEWY? so many choices

jedi outcast

ok not the direction i was going but i'll keep it on the table
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Put the US version of Super Metroid on the 3DS please Nintendo. Stop releasing these things like Disney. Put 'em all out on everything.

Releasing LttP on 3ds would go a long way to making me buy a 3ds.

Right now I'm thinking about buying a DSi XL just for the gba backwards compatibility so I can play legit version of LttP and all the Mario Advance games.
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular

Metriod is a girl!

This joke just got too real, bailing out now.

metal gear
    personaqn.png
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    I don't know what the hold is for SNES and GBA games on the 3DS.

Heck start doing DS games too.

Maybe someone from Valve will defect and help Nintendo out.
    steam_sig.png
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »

Releasing LttP on 3ds would go a long way to making me buy a 3ds.

Right now I'm thinking about buying a DSi XL just for the gba backwards compatibility so I can play legit version of LttP and all the Mario Advance games.

Buy one of the last generation GBA SPs. They have the upgraded DS screen with the backlight rather than the old SP frontlight, and they play GB and GBC games as well. I tried to do a case swap with one of those with my frontlit Gold Zelda GBA SP, but stripped a screw and fucked it all up.
    yipyip3.png
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular

Metriod is a girl!

that blue suit with the whip is super sexy tell you what
    FREEZE. Cool your jets. Ice to meet you. Take a chill pill. Stay frosty.
    subzeroice.gif
    It was that one butt shot in Zero Mission that ruined it.
    yipyip3.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Are there any shots of Ace Attorney 5 with Ema, aka best character?
  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 6/2005 - 3/20/2013Registered User regular
    Man, I really miss my old GBA SP even though it cramped up my hands a lot, damn thing was so tiny.

But so many late nights, laying in bed playing Pokemon Sapphire on that thing. Good times.
    w1KIYUJ.jpg
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Are there any shots of Ace Attorney 5 with Ema, aka best character?

Not yet, but if she's not in there then they've fucked up.
    iExidXCdtAXFB.jpg
    They never confirmed which ending was canon until mgs4
    personaqn.png
    I just dug out my old Zelda SP. Thing is still in it's rhino case (which is basicallly holding it together as I have removed every screw except the stripped one). It's got to be at least 5 years since I charged it, but it still turns on. Nintendo.
    yipyip3.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    They never confirmed which ending was canon until mgs4

In game they didn't but I think the good ending was officially canon all along

If only because that reinforces mgs2's ideas

Snake destroys metal gear, saves the world from nuclear war, finds love, and leaves the battlefield because he's not defined by anything that he doesn't want to be

And then he's inexplicably lost his lover, is back in the thick of battle, and is fighting a losing battle against the even greater threat of metal gear

Because fuck you for liking that he got a happy ending
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    i was specifically referring to
    MIKE

MIKE

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE
    15Tpj.jpeg
    Meryl is 18 and Snake is 33 sooooo
    personaqn.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    Wait seriously?

I thought she was at least in her mid 20s

Man that's creepy
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    S&M Peter Lorre

oh my god
    You know what I always thought was weird

There's references to snakes accelerated aging in mgs2

Liquid talks about how old snake has gotten in just a few years and how he on the other hand is immortal because HE LIVES ON THROUGH THIS ARM

But

Snake doesn't really look any older than a dude in his late 30s should look?
    Meryl is also a main character in Policenauts
    personaqn.png
  • turtleantturtleant Registered User regular
    I just dug out my old Zelda SP. Thing is still in it's rhino case (which is basically holding it together as I have removed every screw except the stripped one). It's got to be at least 5 years since I charged it, but it still turns on. Nintendo.

Nintendo knows some kind of battery voodoo or something. I bought a couple of wavebird controllers in 2009. I've used them pretty heavily since then, and I've only changed the batteries in them 5 times. How the fuck does that work.

Shit I once left on a 5 day trip, got back and realized I left one of them on the whole time, and those batteries still lasted another 3 months or so.

Meanwhile my Xbox controller needs a new set of AA's every 10 hours or so.
    steammini.php?id=turtleant&pngimg=tf2&tborder=0
    S&M Peter Lorre

oh my god

That's totally what psycho mantis is!
    Meryl is also a main character in Policenauts

Now that I did know
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I just dug out my old Zelda SP. Thing is still in it's rhino case (which is basically holding it together as I have removed every screw except the stripped one). It's got to be at least 5 years since I charged it, but it still turns on. Nintendo.

Nintendo knows some kind of battery voodoo or something. I bought a couple of wavebird controllers in 2009. I've used them pretty heavily since then, and I've only changed the batteries in them 5 times. How the fuck does that work.

Shit I once left on a 5 day trip, got back and realized I left one of them on the whole time, and those batteries still lasted another 3 months or so.

Meanwhile my Xbox controller needs a new set of AA's every 10 hours or so.

The Wavebird only did one thing, send out single-byte signals whenever you pressed a button (well, also keep the power light on). When you're not touching it, it's not doing anything other than keeping that light on. It might as well be off.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie