Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    I like that George Sears took the presidency at age 28
    personaqn.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    i need to pick up a used copy of you don't know jack

also some controllers i guess
  • turtleantturtleant Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I just dug out my old Zelda SP. Thing is still in it's rhino case (which is basically holding it together as I have removed every screw except the stripped one). It's got to be at least 5 years since I charged it, but it still turns on. Nintendo.

Nintendo knows some kind of battery voodoo or something. I bought a couple of wavebird controllers in 2009. I've used them pretty heavily since then, and I've only changed the batteries in them 5 times. How the fuck does that work.

Shit I once left on a 5 day trip, got back and realized I left one of them on the whole time, and those batteries still lasted another 3 months or so.

Meanwhile my Xbox controller needs a new set of AA's every 10 hours or so.

The Wavebird only did one thing, send out single-byte signals whenever you pressed a button (well, also keep the power light on). When you're not touching it, it's not doing anything other than keeping that light on. It might as well be off.

Why the fuck doesn't every other wireless controller work like this? (barring stuff like with motion controls of course)
    steammini.php?id=turtleant&pngimg=tf2&tborder=0
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Yeah but the public didn't know that right

The patriots faked all his info I thought

Yeah but the public didn't know that right

The patriots faked all his info I thought

Yeah and the aging made him look it
    personaqn.png
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    I just dug out my old Zelda SP. Thing is still in it's rhino case (which is basically holding it together as I have removed every screw except the stripped one). It's got to be at least 5 years since I charged it, but it still turns on. Nintendo.

Nintendo knows some kind of battery voodoo or something. I bought a couple of wavebird controllers in 2009. I've used them pretty heavily since then, and I've only changed the batteries in them 5 times. How the fuck does that work.

Shit I once left on a 5 day trip, got back and realized I left one of them on the whole time, and those batteries still lasted another 3 months or so.

The Wavebird only did one thing, send out single-byte signals whenever you pressed a button (well, also keep the power light on). When you're not touching it, it's not doing anything other than keeping that light on. It might as well be off.

Why the fuck doesn't every other wireless controller work like this? (barring stuff like with motion controls of course)

Stuff Like Motion Controls Of Course

also rumble

put these things together and controllers have to be constantly listening to signals (since rumble is an output), which takes power, and rumble is moving parts, which takes more power

and that's not even mentioning the Wii's speakers and Wii U's screen, obviously.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    that Dust 514 interface
  • turtleantturtleant Registered User regular

Stuff Like Motion Controls Of Course

also rumble

put these things together and controllers have to be constantly listening to signals (since rumble is an output), which takes power, and rumble is moving parts, which takes more power

and that's not even mentioning the Wii's speakers and Wii U's screen, obviously.

Ah ok. There's one thing sony did right, rechargeable controllers. Nintendo picked it up with the WiiU, hopefully nextbox will too.

Also who else here hates rumble? I think I used it in starfox 64 once and have been disabling it ever since. I don't see the appeal.
    steammini.php?id=turtleant&pngimg=tf2&tborder=0
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    The 360 controller with a battery pack is way better than the PS3 controller, batterywise.
    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I too always disable rumble

it's just distracting and annoying
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    The 360 controller with a battery pack is way better than the PS3 controller, batterywise.

Controllers are already super expensive, I don't want to buy a battery pack or batteries.

Sony did it right.
    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Non-removable batteries in Sony controllers sucks so bad, as the first thing to go bad on one will always be the battery.

So instead of having to just buy a new rechargeable battery, you have to buy a whole new controller.
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Foomy wrote: »
    Non-removable batteries in Sony controllers sucks so bad, as the first thing to go bad on one will always be the battery.

So instead of having to just buy a new rechargeable battery, you have to buy a whole new controller.

I don't think I know a single person who's battery has gone bad.

My launch controller still works great.

I mean I'm sure it happens but it doesn't to appear to be a real problem any more than like, 360 RB buttons going bad is.
    LockedOnTarget on
    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • interrobanginterrobang we can tear up this rotten world together we'll break and smash and pound it into dustRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »

mlyp

groan
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular

mlyp

groan

much like YOUR posts
    jkZziGc.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »

mlyp

groan

much like YOUR posts

no i'm pretty sure "8->" is much like interro's posts

groan is much like my posts
    15Tpj.jpeg

mlyp

only due to your seething jealousy that they are not your posts
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • HunteraHuntera Registered User regular
    I am distracted by all posts that are not my own.

I don't even read my own, not even as I type them.
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    i don't know where people get the idea that nintendo is in much hot water.

most of their recent losses have actually come from the awful dollar-yen exchange rate, not from the spectacular failure of the WiiU
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    how the hell did they manage to launch a console without a single flagship property supporting it

did someone lose Iwata's day planner?

they were playing nice and letting third parties dominate the launch window instead of pushing out third parties by publishing multiple first-party disc releases during that time

of course the third parties all took the opportunity to flood the platform with shitty ports instead of trying to do anything that actually took advantage of the WiiU technology
    I don't understand economics

How does the exchange rate affect profit

Would bitcoins help
    personaqn.png
  • The BetmanThe Betman Are you afraid of God, Booker? No. But I am afraid of you.Registered User regular
    Would bitcoins help

duh??
    78dZ1eI.jpg

D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072
    finally playing the dead space 3 DLC

man carver is a pretty good character, wish they had used him more in the campaign

or i guess i wish i had played through this co-op

that too
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular
    I don't understand economics

How does the exchange rate affect profit

Would bitcoins help

BITCOINS NEVER HELP

OKAY WOAH
    WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THIS SEPHIROTH ASS SILENT FUCKIN HILL MOTHERFUCKER
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    16hH3.jpeg
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    Where the fuck is everyone hearing the new Daft Punk album

iTunes and Amazon only have pre-orders up even though that shit was supposed to release 5/14

Even Spotify doesn't have it up yet
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
    Where the fuck is everyone hearing the new Daft Punk album

iTunes and Amazon only have pre-orders up even though that shit was supposed to release 5/14

Even Spotify doesn't have it up yet
    there were itunes and grooveshark streams
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
    You can stream the whole thing on iTunes.
    iExidXCdtAXFB.jpg
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    Well that doesn't do me any good in places I actually listen to music

When I hear an album is coming out on a certain date, call me old-fashioned, but I like to think I can buy it
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
    that's hella old-fashioned
    xutFvZ4.gif
    that post made steve rogers stand up and go "damn"
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    That's the good thing about now. You can listen before it's released so you know whether or not to spend money on it. Streams rule.
    oh god what is even happening in this dlc

i think i might actually just be losing my mind