Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    if they rereleased phantasy star online with a few updates and proper online support I would probably be destroyed

oh no they did release it on PC and I might be able to actually run it on this netbook and now that I remember it wasn't there a thread about getting the online to work with a private server or something relatively recently (like in the last few years)
    Dichotomy on
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • The BetmanThe Betman Are you afraid of God, Booker? No. But I am afraid of you.Registered User regular
    if they rereleased phantasy star online with a few updates and proper online support I would probably be destroyed

oh no they did release it on PC and I might be able to actually run it on this netbook and now that I remember it wasn't there a thread about getting the online to work with a private server or something relatively recently (like in the last few years)

Blue Burst? I remember that being really dumb on my computer let me know how it works for you
    78dZ1eI.jpg

D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    Desperately Seeking Ruin: The Dichotomy Story
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular

My friend and I actually played some Blue Burst, like, five years ago, I think?

Not sure if those private servers are still up, but I would assume they are.
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

You should use a gamepad.

Don't even bother with kbam.
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Yeah, yeah.

I just found that and was stunned for a second.
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Uriel wrote: »
    Also to figure what CPU you have right click on my computer and hit properties and go to hardware monitor/device manager and read what it says under Processors.

display adapters
    ati mobility radeon hd 4200

processors
    amd phenom II n660 dual-core

yet my wife runs tehe sims3 and its add-ons
    i bought it, guys
    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Yeah I think it should run alright.

Maybe a little slowdown with a lot of dudes but not much with a Phenom 2.
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    Nolan North has a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in Star Trek Into Darkness.

Also, that was a damn entertaining movie. Best one of the summer so far.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Golurker Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    ahhhhhh demon's souls has a blight town

a dark gloomy place with confusing wooden walkways

ughhh
    5-2 is the blighttown swamp but with all the redeeming points of it stripped away.
  • The BetmanThe Betman Are you afraid of God, Booker? No. But I am afraid of you.Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »

ughhh
    5-2 is the blighttown swamp but with all the redeeming points of it stripped away.

what are redeeming points of blighttown
    78dZ1eI.jpg

D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    so uh

is there a reason hotline miami's updating orrrr
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Golurker Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »

ughhh

The fact that you can roll in the swamp. The fact that there's a ring to negate the slowness, even if it is super obscure. The fact that poison doesn't halve your healing.
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo Registered User regular
    The poison thing isn't a huge deal, since you'll have near unlimited healing grasses before long in Demon's Souls
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    hotline miami update now lets you communicate with friends via steam chat without alt tabbing out of the game

good
    15Tpj.jpeg

ughhh

The fact that you can roll in the swamp. The fact that there's a ring to negate the slowness, even if it is super obscure. The fact that poison doesn't halve your healing.

Toxic Dart blowing guys basically ruined the whole area beyond redemption for me
    78dZ1eI.jpg

Hotline Miami ‏@HotlineMiami 2m
    @Gwydi_jo @PositronicWoman Ah, it's the redistributables for the beta. If you want to opt into beta you can do that too. :P Still not final.
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    where do you get that anti?

welp, it looks as though i am ready to play this game, but i must get ready for work

should i watch drive before i play this game?
    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    The game pretty clearly draws some inspiration from Drive but its not necessary

But watch Drive anyway because its great
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Registered User regular

Blue Burst? I remember that being really dumb on my computer let me know how it works for you

No. Blue Burst was post Phantasy Star Online I & II. A PC version of the latter was released for the Japanese market. It is fully playable, and I think there's a fan translation.
    2dtr87s.png
  • SwissLionSwissLion KILLING THROWS Miami, FloridaRegistered User regular
    The only flowchart anyone needs concerning Drive is this:

Have you seen Drive Y/N?
    If N watch Drive.
    If Y go youtube Night Call or A Real Hero and try to recapture that feeling of seeing it for the first time like these lucky, lucky Ns.
    9IRsl.png
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular
    why even watch drive there's not one cowboy or one alien or anything what a stupid fucking movie
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Ymir owns. He fucking owns!Registered User regular
    so the sonic series is going to be exclusive to Nintendo consoles for the next three games

FUCK
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    why even watch drive there's not one cowboy or one alien or anything what a stupid fucking movie

the whole movie actually takes place in ryan gosling's mind
    dude come on
    78dZ1eI.jpg

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    so the sonic series is going to be exclusive to Nintendo consoles for the next three games

FUCK

Do we know anything about those games?

Specifically, are they going to be like Generations, or... you know, all those other games.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »

FUCK

Specifically, are they going to be like Generations, or... you know, all those other games.

Pretty sure Sega would rather make these games like the good ones than like the bad ones.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular
    sonic_lost_world_45284_screen.jpg
    Clearly it's some kind of turn based hexagonal strategy game.
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Oh they're doomed. Every year Nintendo is doomed.
    images.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

FUCK

Pretty sure Sega would rather make these games like the good ones than like the bad ones.

well i'm sure that they don't set out to make shitty sonic games, but here we are.
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    2h5jr6s.jpg
    Vann Diras on
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    sonic lost world wii u exclusive, huh

time to buy a wii u I guess
    personaqn.png
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Ymir owns. He fucking owns!Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »

FUCK

well i'm sure that they don't set out to make shitty sonic games, but here we are.

it's just frustrating because they've been on the right track lately

I played the SHIT out of both generations and racing transformed on PC, and I don't own any Nintendo consoles
    where do you get that anti?

i just got an automatic download on steam and got the response from their twitter
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    There were only about 500 people watching daily Dota.

I'm guessing its "daily" nature is very limited.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    sonic_lost_world_45284_screen.jpg
    Clearly it's some kind of turn based hexagonal strategy game.

oh my fucking god they made Sonic Greed Corp
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    There were only about 500 people watching daily Dota.

I'm guessing its "daily" nature is very limited.
    daily dota owns
    2wrn580.png
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    I imagine that daily dota is an acknowledgment of the fact that brad is going to play a shit ton of dota either way, so why not broadcast it
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas