Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    Jean wrote: »
    Le Canadien de Montréal est éliminé! :(

Might as well cheer for Toronto.

Traitor!

Peut être pour les Islanders!

Je ne pourrai jamais prendre pour les Sénateurs même si le Canadien méritait de se faire éliminer.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    The Community thread is the most vile piece of shit thread on this forum.

Oh, no, no, no, that's is not true at all.

It is a terrible place full of sad people, but there are far worse things lurking on this forum.

Unless the latest gun thread finally got locked. Then yeah, Community is the worst.

I haven't read the Community thread, but the How I Met Your Mother thread is pretty terrible. I don't understand why any of them are still watching the show; they don't actually seem to have any affection for it at all.

The worst thing about the Community thread is Schrodinger and J. Aside from them it's mostly all right.

HIMYM thread is pretty tiring, but then the show has been lately as well.

Did you see the new promo for Monday? Promising the MOTHER OF ALL SECRETS will be revealed?

Fuck you, CBS, you dirty fucking liars.

See, that line makes me laugh.

But no, I almost never see promos, and actually haven't caught more than an episode or two since December (ish). I've never been a fan of watching shows week-to-week. Not only is it almost painful to be drip-fed, shows (in general) will randomly skip weeks.

Even went to catch up a few weeks ago and the CBS site was being difficult and I couldn't watch it correctly.

hm

this has reminded me that the second half of Warehouse 13's season 4 has finally started airing. One "season", abruptly paused in October, and resumed in (basically) May. Oy.

Ah.

It's a funny line, to be sure, it's just that I am going to be very surprised if it isn't a total redirect. I like the show a lot, I just don't care about Ted anymore.

It's all about everybody else for me.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    Also yeah internet is out and STILL not back up and I am hoppin' mad. I could tether my phone if this weren't America and it didn't cost $retarded to "unlock" that feature.

root/jailbreak?

tempting

@jacobkosh

who's your carrier?
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    I post in HIMYM thread, and I try to be fair. But the writers make it so hard for me to give them the benefit or the doubt.

So I post there instead of driving to wherever the writers live and slapping the shit out of them.
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    So the nWoD1.5 playtest went pretty well. The group of playtest Checkmate agents took down Captain Boomerang and a handful of goons with no casualties and only mild injuries, worst was one character who ate six lethal from an exploding boomerang

I will say in ballistic (or boomerang) combat, armor and cover become a lot more important in mitigating damage, since holy shit guns are pretty god damn lethal (as they should be).

Captain Boomerang himself got taken down in one shot by the team sniper as soon as she had a clear shot and could target an unarmored area (his kneecap, as fate would have it). He was still conscious and trying to attack when one of the other PCs tackled him and zip-tied him.

All in all combat went a lot more "X-Com" than "D&D", which I very much preferred.

@jacobkosh
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I only keep up with HIMYM because I just. want. CLOSURE.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Yeah I am hunting around for good PSUs at a reasonable price point

Just get a plain Antec or Seasonic. I think I have two Antec earthwatts PSUs and they're good stuff.

Antec is wildly inconsistent in quality. Seasonic I hear good things. The problem with the PSU advice is that PSU reviews are uniformly awful. What you want is a site which will tear them down and provide informed analysis of their electrical design and safety features.

I don't know about how they were ten years ago but since I started building computers I've noticed that people repeat that line about Antec and there's never any evidence backing it up. Hell, some Antec power supplies are made by Seasonic.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    off to bed i go...

Tomorrow, i'll test out the plugin, but it's highly probable that I'll be able to officially neter the playtest phase this saturday! So excite!
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

toward the end of every season, the incentives of writing staff shift from "how can we sell this as a long-term storyline" to "how can we get this renewed"

so you will never know how he met your mother
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    The new Big Bang Theory is totes hilar guise
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.

My mom couldn't believe that I liked Community but couldn't stomach Big Bang Theory.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

My mom couldn't believe that I liked Community but couldn't stomach Big Bang Theory.

valley of uncanny nerdery?
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

toward the end of every season, the incentives of writing staff shift from "how can we sell this as a long-term storyline" to "how can we get this renewed"

Well, no you will, someday. Shows don't last forever. HIMYM is reaching the bitter end here. I'd be surprised if next season wasn't the last and we meet the mother before ten minutes to the end of the last episode.
    Lh96QHG.png

Your mom and I should hang out
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

Because they're similar to her, or because she thinks BBT is better?
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Oracle would be better

scooting around in her wheelchair

fatality would be burning rubber on your neck
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    edited May 2013

Mim if you want this to end HIMYM then you're going to have to find Ted and make him a father yourself.
    Robos A Go Go on

Because they're similar to her, or because she thinks BBT is better?

she thinks BBT is better.

try not to hold this against my mom. she did give my fabulous ass life.
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    niiiiiiice. injustice nnnffffff

need to buy some DLC on my friend's ps3. I never play it home anyway.

omg I wanna play batgirl
    Variable on
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png

Mim if you want this to end HIMYM then you're going to have to find Ted and make him a father yourself.

Nah, I can't date a guy that desperate.
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

Just get a plain Antec or Seasonic. I think I have two Antec earthwatts PSUs and they're good stuff.

Antec is wildly inconsistent in quality. Seasonic I hear good things. The problem with the PSU advice is that PSU reviews are uniformly awful. What you want is a site which will tear them down and provide informed analysis of their electrical design and safety features.

I don't know about how they were ten years ago but since I started building computers I've noticed that people repeat that line about Antec and there's never any evidence backing it up. Hell, some Antec power supplies are made by Seasonic.

That's the issue basically: Antec rebrand their PSUs. So you never know what you're actually getting other then hoping Antec do a good job on their quality control, which over the years has been up and down for different people.

But that's my point about reviews: there's not enough "today we're taking apart the <X>" or really hardcore load testing.

Who said anything about dating?
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

That's the issue basically: Antec rebrand their PSUs. So you never know what you're actually getting other then hoping Antec do a good job on their quality control, which over the years has been up and down for different people.

But that's my point about reviews: there's not enough "today we're taking apart the <X>" or really hardcore load testing.

My issue is that every time this comes up it's all hearsay.

I can't fuck a guy that desperate either! Did it once. Not doing it again.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Oracle would be better

scooting around in her wheelchair

fatality would be burning rubber on your neck

She actually did some slick fighting in her wheelchair in the Birds of Prey comic.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular

only if it starts with him swooping in at a particularly important moment from season 1

being vague cause idk spoilers don't want to screw anyone
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    hmm

Tony Stark vs. a (western) dragon

Yes. Please.

Good call actually

TeHKdrol.jpg
    Lh96QHG.png
    didn't we already get Stark vs. vaguely draconic flying creature in Avengers

How I Met Young Mim And Sexually Repulsed Her
    Sometimes I feel like The West Wing was the worst thing to ever happen to this country in the same way that I imagine lawyers and cops loath CSI.
    Lh96QHG.png
    Sometimes I feel like The West Wing was the worst thing to ever happen to this country in the same way that I imagine lawyers and cops loath CSI.

better than Yes Minister
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Pony wrote: »
    So the nWoD1.5 playtest went pretty well. The group of playtest Checkmate agents took down Captain Boomerang and a handful of goons with no casualties and only mild injuries, worst was one character who ate six lethal from an exploding boomerang

I will say in ballistic (or boomerang) combat, armor and cover become a lot more important in mitigating damage, since holy shit guns are pretty god damn lethal (as they should be).

Captain Boomerang himself got taken down in one shot by the team sniper as soon as she had a clear shot and could target an unarmored area (his kneecap, as fate would have it). He was still conscious and trying to attack when one of the other PCs tackled him and zip-tied him.

All in all combat went a lot more "X-Com" than "D&D", which I very much preferred.

@jacobkosh

@pony that sounds perfect, yo. Is this shizz ready for prime time? I can have my guy 100%ready this weekend
    9hiCeVql.jpg
    Lh96QHG.png
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_mmjwyaw4641so6gu2o2_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mmjwyaw4641so6gu2o1_500.jpg

Ha, sure he's in the chair, but now he's less bald than ever!
    Robos A Go Go on
This discussion has been closed.