Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Half a bottle of Chianti down. Whoooooo!
    tea-1.jpg
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »

with fava beans and a nice liver?
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Sometimes I feel like The West Wing was the worst thing to ever happen to this country in the same way that I imagine lawyers and cops loath CSI.

Do you have to hate everything I enjoy?
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Yeah I am hunting around for good PSUs at a reasonable price point

Just get a plain Antec or Seasonic. I think I have two Antec earthwatts PSUs and they're good stuff.

Antec is wildly inconsistent in quality. Seasonic I hear good things. The problem with the PSU advice is that PSU reviews are uniformly awful. What you want is a site which will tear them down and provide informed analysis of their electrical design and safety features.

I don't know about how they were ten years ago but since I started building computers I've noticed that people repeat that line about Antec and there's never any evidence backing it up. Hell, some Antec power supplies are made by Seasonic.

That's the issue basically: Antec rebrand their PSUs. So you never know what you're actually getting other then hoping Antec do a good job on their quality control, which over the years has been up and down for different people.

But that's my point about reviews: there's not enough "today we're taking apart the <X>" or really hardcore load testing.

My issue is that every time this comes up it's all hearsay.

Ok but it's pretty easy to find heresay. Antec is not all made by Seasonic. The information I can see is they used to have some made by a company called ChannelWall which seems to be the origin of the bad press. The thing is PSUs are subjective like that: you only have 1, and it may not fail at all. I had off-brand chinese units for years with no problems - doesn't mean they're a good choice, I may just be lucky.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like The West Wing was the worst thing to ever happen to this country in the same way that I imagine lawyers and cops loath CSI.

better than Yes Minister

True.

But then I think only a hand full of people in the US have ever seen Yes Minister.
    Lh96QHG.png
    moniker wrote: »

with fava beans and a nice liver?

With some fresh bread and cheese.

I'm not having an impoverished dinner, it's European.
    tea-1.jpg
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

abolish

the wage

system

@y2jake215
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

I love the West Wing.

I just don't like people who apply WW logic to the real world.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    I only keep up with HIMYM because I just. want. CLOSURE.

toward the end of every season, the incentives of writing staff shift from "how can we sell this as a long-term storyline" to "how can we get this renewed"

so you will never know how he met your mother

Mim if you want this to end HIMYM then you're going to have to find Ted and make him a father yourself.

Nah, I can't date a guy that desperate.

Who said anything about dating?

I can't fuck a guy that desperate either! Did it once. Not doing it again.

How I Met Young Mim And Sexually Repulsed Her

It's just not a turn on when someone NEEDS to be in a relationship. Let things happen organically. I mean you can set up a dating profile, I'm not downing that, but when you're like "I NEEEEEEED TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP" I run screaming the other way and implore other people do the same.
    Like, I wouldn't go to NASA and pull out a Star Trek Technical Manual.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    My biggest issue with power supplies in the past has been the fans failing strangely. Never had them fail in any way other than cooking due to poor/no ventilation.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    I wonder if Outbound Flight is as good as the Hand of Thrawn trilogy.
    network_sig2.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

I love the West Wing.

Why can't Obama do this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z7HxDB9kLU
    emnmnme on
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dang, too tired

Throwing in the towel, got another long day tomorrow

G'night [chat]!

51ak.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

toward the end of every season, the incentives of writing staff shift from "how can we sell this as a long-term storyline" to "how can we get this renewed"

Mim if you want this to end HIMYM then you're going to have to find Ted and make him a father yourself.

It's just not a turn on when someone NEEDS to be in a relationship. Let things happen organically. I mean you can set up a dating profile, I'm not downing that, but when you're like "I NEEEEEEED TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP" I run screaming the other way and implore other people do the same.

So what you're saying is that I shouldn't use Caps Lock when typing my dating profile.
    Hamurabi wrote: »

It isn't.

Better than most EU dreggs, but not up to Thrawn.
    Lh96QHG.png

I love the West Wing.

Why can't Obama do this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z7HxDB9kLU

I was more referring to the "why can't Obama just inspire the Republicans to come to table" crowd rather than fp stuffs.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    evilbob wrote: »
    @Jacobkosh what card did you get? I need to know which of us should be jelly.

gtx 650 ti, courtesy of @dread pirate arbuthnot

I love the West Wing.

Look, it's easy, Obama should just do what LBJ did. Twist arms and have a 65 member majority in the Senate and a 295 member majority in the House.
    tea-1.jpg
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    didn't we already get Stark vs. vaguely draconic flying creature in Avengers

Sorta? They were more like flying sand worms, weren't they?

I'll be honest, I was thinking of Tony zipping around fighting Ridley.
    Tamin on
  • MimMim Registered User regular

So what you're saying is that I shouldn't use Caps Lock when typing my dating profile.

I'm saying don't put up a macro of yourself that says "LOVE ME PLEASE. I LIKE, REALLY NEED IT.
  • CambiataCambiata I'm an alchemist and the beat is my base metal Registered User regular
    It's anectodal, but I love Corsair power supplies and have never had a problem with one yet.
    -Tal wrote:
    If you don't develop Stockholm Syndrome, it's not a real RPG.
    Steam
    Origin ID: jazzmess
    Amazon Wishlist
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

I love the West Wing.

Keith Olbermann?
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Yesss, it is you who should be jelly. :D

I have a 660 ti. :p

edit: good card though. should be able to get plenty of stuff looking mad sexy.
    evilbob on
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Shut up, heifers.
  • CambiataCambiata I'm an alchemist and the beat is my base metal Registered User regular
    The new Big Bang Theory is totes hilar guise

My mom couldn't believe that I liked Community but couldn't stomach Big Bang Theory.

Because they're similar to her, or because she thinks BBT is better?

she thinks BBT is better.

try not to hold this against my mom. she did give my fabulous ass life.

My much older sister likes BBT, and I usually just keep my mouth shut about it. In a way it seems to helps her better understand my geek self a little bit so as much as I dislike the show as entertainment, I'll give her a pass.
    -Tal wrote:
    Steam
    Amazon Wishlist
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    yo this jawn is craaaaazy
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Yeah I am hunting around for good PSUs at a reasonable price point
    Pony wrote: »
    So the nWoD1.5 playtest went pretty well. The group of playtest Checkmate agents took down Captain Boomerang and a handful of goons with no casualties and only mild injuries, worst was one character who ate six lethal from an exploding boomerang

I will say in ballistic (or boomerang) combat, armor and cover become a lot more important in mitigating damage, since holy shit guns are pretty god damn lethal (as they should be).

Captain Boomerang himself got taken down in one shot by the team sniper as soon as she had a clear shot and could target an unarmored area (his kneecap, as fate would have it). He was still conscious and trying to attack when one of the other PCs tackled him and zip-tied him.

All in all combat went a lot more "X-Com" than "D&D", which I very much preferred.

@jacobkosh

@pony that sounds perfect, yo. Is this shizz ready for prime time? I can have my guy 100%ready this weekend

yeah probably, I haven't yet done a playtest of dudes versus a legit metahuman as opposed to a jerk-ass with trick boomerangs though, so I wanted to test something like that first to make sure the thing holds up.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular

I'm saying don't put up a macro of yourself that says "LOVE ME PLEASE. I LIKE, REALLY NEED IT.

It should go without saying everyone needs love. How you go about acquiring it is key.

I've struggled with the notion of needing someone else in my life and have ultimately concluded that I'm vastly more likely to succeed if I myself succeed on my own first in what it is I want to do, and what I'm passionate about. Things have been getting better since that realization.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular

It isn't.

nuuuuuuu

I bought two copies (because I lost my first copy and then later found it again). This is not what I want to hear.
    network_sig2.png
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

curiosity: do you mean the dulogy (Specter of the Past / Vision of the Future) or the trilogy (Heir to the Empire / Dark Force Rising / The Last Command)?

Tamin on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    hakkekage is back

fuck

Not sure if expression of disappointment, or command.

Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.

It isn't.

nuuuuuuu

I bought two copies (because I lost my first copy and then later found it again). This is not what I want to hear.

i mean there are definitely worse ways to spend a couple hours of your time
    Lh96QHG.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular

It isn't.

nuuuuuuu

What do you want to hear? That Han shot first?
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).

It isn't.

nuuuuuuu

Thrawn is a high bar to clear.
    tea-1.jpg
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I must have read that depression pt2 comic half-a-dozen times by now.

It really does explain things very well. Much better than I could ever could.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Oh you British, with your candy floss and your bum bags and your fringe. Don't ever change.
    -Tal wrote:
    Steam
    Amazon Wishlist
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    hakkekage is back

fuck

Not sure if expression of disappointment, or command.

SON

I AM DISAPPOINT
This discussion has been closed.