Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Mazz have you played Star Ruler

Yup.

I had issues with it. Didn't draw me in. Stardrive so far is a more fun game.

Man.

I gave it 6 hours. That is a lot for a game that didn't hook me.

No I mean, I had issues with both Star Ruler and Endless Space and now I might look into this game despite my bad track record with 4X's.

On my scale of 4x with MoO2 being the top and well there are many bodies at the bottom I would put it around Galactic Civ 2. Which is good. I have like 80 hours or more in that game. Not up to MoO2 but above Birth of the Federation which has a lot of nostalgia for me.

Really if you want a cheap 4x get MoO and MoO2 off of gog and play those. They are classic and fun.
    falasig.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Drunk people think I'm awesome when I'm drunk then they change their mind when they've sobered up. :(
    evilbob on
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Are you sure it isn't the pain, Mazzyx?

For me it's the association with pain
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I think I own Master of Orion 2

The graphics and UI are like X-COM level repulsive.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Biting is like totally sexual to me tho so if someone did that I would assume they were dtf

That's weird. It's totally not sexual to me. I've never bitten my very limited number of tumble partners at all. Only my friends!
    have you considered the possibility that you are cray cray
    Per3th.jpg
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Biting is like totally sexual to me tho so if someone did that I would assume they were dtf

That's weird. It's totally not sexual to me. I've never bitten my very limited number of tumble partners at all. Only my friends!

Weeeeeird. It's like a super intimate thing to do from my perspective.

Same here. I've never bitten anyone except intimate partners. My ex loved it.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
    Elldren wrote: »

Pain ain't good but I have a huge pain tolerance. Infection and bite marks though? Yuck.
    falasig.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular

Consider Stardrive then the spiritual successor with better graphics and some new bells and whistles of a more elegant age.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
    Elldren wrote: »

Pain ain't good but I have a huge pain tolerance. Infection and bite marks though? Yuck.

I meant the butt
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

Yes and I'm not! When my last guy broke up with me I said "ok, I respect your decision" and never contacted him again.

Would a crazy girl do that? I don't think so.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    I intend to grab Stardrive when it inevitably goes on Steam sale.
    Corehealer wrote: »

Consider Stardrive then the spiritual successor with better graphics and some new bells and whistles of a more elegant age.

And being real time.

Which is still bleh to me. But thanks to the speed controls, the fact it is actually a turn based system(5 seconds) so they are more like auto turns and they you can pause and do everything while paused I will live.

Also combat gets awesome.
    falasig.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I remember there being some issues with Star Drive but I didn't read the articles about them so I don't know what they are and I'll have to go back and read them first.

I vaguely remember some...neckbeardy design decisions.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular

Yes and I'm not! When my last guy broke up with me I said "ok, I respect your decision" and never contacted him again.

picking bits of him out of your teeth counts as contact!
    Per3th.jpg

Crazy comes in different forms. How can we be sure your not just setting up an elaborate honey trap for the next guy before you bite him too?
    waitwaitwait

stardrive is realtime?

ewwwwwwwwwwwww
    I'm sorry, Raven, but you have the cray.

And it's terminal.
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Drunk people think I'm awesome when I'm drunk then they change their mind when they've sobered up. :(

This is me, pretty much
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come
    I remember there being some issues with Star Drive but I didn't read the articles about them so I don't know what they are and I'll have to go back and read them first.

Main issues I am aware of is the macro management is a bit tedious in places and the game's performance tanks a lot in the late game when you have massive empires with huge fleets trolling the galaxy in search of space blood.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    @mazzyx that sounds really cool.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    look all i know is if someone drunkenly steals from me i'm cutting off their hands
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

yup

never heard of friendly biting

This is another one that I can vouch for, but it was an embarrassing number of years ago, so
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets

Neck beardy in a 4x? *monocle pops out*

TB pointed out there were some issues with crashes late in the game. But that was a patch or two ago.

Most neckbeardy stuff I can think of:

Import/export freighter system. Can be automated pretty easily. Taxes/income is way simpler than most 4xs. It is straight off production not some formula. Higher the tax less production and vice a versa. Going negative is just a warning about possible issues. Ship design is nerdy but that is half the fun.

The UI could of been miles better but that isn't awful.
    falasig.png
    Phone goes off. Shitty marketing crap from a pub. Time to give up on skydiving girl I think.
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Has anybody else managed to contact him?
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular

Someone please check Ravens basement for a body

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Phone goes off. Shitty marketing crap from a pub. Time to give up on skydiving girl I think.

Did you attempt to contact this girl?

Yes, earlier this week.
    I could stay up but I'm kinda bored and tired anyways, and I do have stuff to do around the house tomorrow.

Think I'll head to bed, g'night chat.

And Raven, you can bite me anytime, we are all friends full of sexual tension here.
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Someone please check Ravens basement for a body

Body Found. Adult male, young. Death appears to be animal attack, bite marks yet unidentified.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugfzs5KR7pg

Yes, earlier this week.

: ( oh well

Yes, earlier this week.

Had high hopes since she made me enter my number in her phone twice and called mine to make sure it was right but oh well.

Yes, earlier this week.

Had high hopes since she made me enter my number in her phone twice and called mine to make sure it was right but oh well.

Well we don't know all the facts yet maybe she was eaten by bears!

I assume you got her voice mail which is why youve been waiting to hear back?
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    hmmm Idra got canned from Evil Geniuses

Yes, earlier this week.

Nah I just sent her a text asking if she wanted to do something because I'm lame.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Cardcaptor Sakura had insane character design

Nobody does fabulous quite like CLAMP.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Raven you're weird.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Cardcaptor Sakura had insane character design

I used to love the look of the "cards" spirits

Also I remember her friend who would sew her crazy costumes all the time and was probably in unrequited lesbian love with her

Not friend. Cousin.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.

Yes, earlier this week.

Nah I just sent her a text asking if she wanted to do something because I'm lame.

BACK IN MY DAY YOU CALLED A WOMAN ON THE PHONE WHARGLBARGL
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i can't say i've known many people who get all whacky when they drink

I become an amazing dancer after my third gin+tonic.
    2ezikn6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.