Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Phone goes off. Shitty marketing crap from a pub. Time to give up on skydiving girl I think.

Did you attempt to contact this girl?

Yes, earlier this week.

: ( oh well

Had high hopes since she made me enter my number in her phone twice and called mine to make sure it was right but oh well.

Seems pretty keen from the sound of it. Maybe if you'd doing something this weekend, invite her along? Sometimes "do you want to do something sometime" is a little too vague.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Cardcaptor Sakura had insane character design

I used to love the look of the "cards" spirits

Also I remember her friend who would sew her crazy costumes all the time and was probably in unrequited lesbian love with her

Not friend. Cousin.

Japan.

Wait wait I have a better one...

Iceland
    falasig.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Phone goes off. Shitty marketing crap from a pub. Time to give up on skydiving girl I think.

Yes, earlier this week.

Had high hopes since she made me enter my number in her phone twice and called mine to make sure it was right but oh well.

Well we don't know all the facts yet maybe she was eaten by bears!

I assume you got her voice mail which is why youve been waiting to hear back?

Nah I just sent her a text asking if she wanted to do something because I'm lame.

BACK IN MY DAY YOU CALLED A WOMAN ON THE PHONE WHARGLBARGL

IT WAS LIKE 11AM OR SOME SHIT SO SHE WAS PROBABLY AT WORK AND IF I DIDN'T SEND IT THEN I WAS NEVER GONNA COZ ANXIETY AND SHIT OK?
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Cardcaptor Sakura had insane character design

I used to love the look of the "cards" spirits

Also I remember her friend who would sew her crazy costumes all the time and was probably in unrequited lesbian love with her

Not friend. Cousin.

Japan.

Wait wait I have a better one...

Iceland

Les Cousins Dangereux.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Finding a decent historical book about Gnosticism is surprisingly difficult, since apparently the vast majority dive into weird new age hippy bullshit instead of just presenting what I want, which is historical record and document

One looked promising, until a skim of the reviews revealed that the author at one point uses spirit channeling he performed as a source
    turtlesig.jpg
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Finding a decent historical book about Gnosticism is surprisingly difficult, since apparently the vast majority dive into weird new age hippy bullshit instead of just presenting what I want, which is historical record and document

One looked promising, until a skim of the reviews revealed that the author at one point uses spirit channeling he performed as a source

this is pretty much the curse of any research on ancient traditions that have in turn been adopted by modern emptyheads
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    i dragged my fan over to my bed

oscillating from my toes to my scalp

perfect

i am no longer depressed, i advise everyone who was bummed out by allie brosh to try having a fan cool them down, it helped me :9
    Organichu on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Hm... how legit is the Daily Mail as a news source?
    工事中
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Gonna get my R-Type on here. Grabbed R-Types and R-Type Final.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »

How legit do you consider the New York Post?
    Lh96QHG.png

Poor.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular

I would trust the NY Post more.

So not even worth using as toilet paper?
    falasig.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Elaine Pagels is a genuine scholar on the subject and probably the foremost expert on the subject. A lot of Bart Ehrman's stuff covers it as well since Gnosticism was so important to defining early Christianity (especially as the arch-opponent of version of Christianity which eventually won once they got the support of the Empire)

For other stuff, try refining your search to sources about the Nag Hamadi library. That will screen out the worst of the woo.

(in case you are already offline @simonwolf )
    RiemannLives on
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Fair enough!

In other news:
    Yet, even with the large amounts of fan service the 3DS games in the series have, the new Vita title, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: The Girls’ Proof, takes it to a whole new level. Not only can you dress the curvy all-female cast in revealing/fetishy costumes, but you can then send them to fight and watch as their clothes are torn off bit by bit.

Fan service, ahoy! >.<
    工事中
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    (sighing)

Trying to keep my mind off today's news - the doctors at the hospital don't give my grandmother much more time.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i dragged my fan over to my bed

oscillating from my toes to my scalp

perfect

i am no longer depressed, i advise everyone who was bummed out by allie brosh to try having a fan cool them down, it helped me :9

:^:
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Ok goodnight I have a final in T-minus 11hours 48minutes and I also have to study for it in that time so eww.

N'night.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    watching first Iron Man, drinking my cider+whiskey, kitten romping around
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    take photos of kitty
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular

Yes, earlier this week.

Well we don't know all the facts yet maybe she was eaten by bears!

I assume you got her voice mail which is why youve been waiting to hear back?

Nobody likes voicemail.
    Goodnight, Raven.

Don't let the bed bugs bite, or if they do just bite them back or something.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular

Elaine Pagels is a genuine scholar on the subject and probably the foremost expert on the subject. A lot of Bart Ehrman's stuff covers it as well since Gnosticism was so important to defining early Christianity (especially as the arch-opponent of version of Christianity which eventually won once they got the support of the Empire)

For other stuff, try refining your search to sources about the Nag Hamadi library. That will screen out the worst of the woo.

(in case you are already offline @simonwolf )

Thanks for the information, I'll refine my searching when I get home - right now I'm essentially trying to browse what little is available via Amazon.co.jp, but I might just need to wait until I'm at home and in proximity to a number of academic libraries

(p.s. notifications don't work if they're edited in)
    turtlesig.jpg
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    that doesn't look rompy

that looks sleepy
    ok

normally i am pro tier dog master race

but that's a cute kitten
    also nice apple box you got there

fucking sell out :3
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    It's not exactly easy to take a picture of a kitten mid-playtime without it looking like a grey blur
    Feral on
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death

that's not me

that's my poly sister-wife

they're an apple family
    as are all moral and scrupulous american families
    as are all moral and scrupulous american families

I respect their lifestyle even if I woujldn't adopt it myself.
    You wake up one day and notice the back of your hand has a glowing apple symbol on it. N-nooooooooooooo
    You wake up one day and notice the back of your hand has a glowing apple symbol on it. N-nooooooooooooo

my worst fear about being poly is discovering little apple spots all over my dick
    I find the term sister-wife weird.
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular

I assumed you were talking about some kind of apple crate for a second and was confused

eHXSOhK.jpg?1
    jBEKRTH.png
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I find the term sister-wife weird.

I don't even know what that means.

Edit: Or rather, the meaning that I get out of it is another relationship structure that I don't recall Feral subscribing too.
    Mortious on
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Dang, friend is having his bachelor's party in Vegas. No way I can afford to go to that.
This discussion has been closed.