Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    It seems to be morning. Not sure how I feel about that.

Good morning [chat].
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    morning bob!
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Dang, friend is having his bachelor's party in Vegas. No way I can afford to go to that.

Just make your expenses back on the roulette table!
    turtlesig.jpg
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Dang, friend is having his bachelor's party in Vegas. No way I can afford to go to that.

I don't know if people will be willing to pay Cinders in chips, if he blows on the dice/cards/wheel for luck

No offence Cinders.
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular

I DON'T HAVE A SYSTEM
    Also, I got a dog in Neverwinter.

It is adorable and it bites Giants and things that should not be.

He is a good puppy.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Cardcaptor Sakura had insane character design

I used to love the look of the "cards" spirits

Also I remember her friend who would sew her crazy costumes all the time and was probably in unrequited lesbian love with her

Not friend. Cousin.

Cousins can be friends

Cousins can also be lesbians
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I think I got most folks.

So I broke down and bought Stardrive today and I am in the middle of a round as the Humans, mostly because I love the ship design they have. I was in a Battlestar mode. So here are my thoughts:

First the general game is fun. I am using the governors on most planets just so I have stuff being made when I forget things. Since I have about 18 colonies now that is easy. I left Sol/Earth on manual and use it for ship production. In general that part feels good. The empire screen lets me move around and control almost all aspects but the queue without zooming in. Also kind of reminds me of GalCiv 2 in its planet design more than MoO2.

The combat is nice. Space combat isn't overwhelming though I lost my prototype capital ship to the damn remants. Stuff looks neat. And sometimes you just have crazy amounts of bullets. Ground combat is pretty much Civ5 but automated and no ranged units. I have spider tanks though and that is cool. I have been mostly just bombing colonies into nothing though. Marines take more effort but the reward isn't large enough for me yet.

But this stuff to me feels like just icing compared to the real heart of the game. Ship design. Holy crap it is amazing. I have focused on mostly ballistic weapons, shields and armor ignoring lasers. This means I have to carry ammo on my ships but I have less power generation requirements. This has led me to build focused ships. I have missile fighters for anti-capital ship attacks. I have pd bullet storm fighters for fighter to fighter. I have 3 corvettes with different purposes. I have 4 frigates. One is a bunch of forward guns and armor. One has missiles. And one has repair and resupply drones and keeps my fleets going. I just got up to cruisers. I made a cruiser with fighter bays, big guns, pd-defense, boarding shuttles, marines, ordnance production, tons of shields and missiles to help clear its rear. I am planning on basically building the Galatica with flack, missiles, big guns and fighters with its own repair and recover systems. There are even CiC, engineering and medbay items to put on ships and stations that give bonuses like more power, better control, repair and if warp core breaches.

Another nice thing is that weapons are not using the rock paper scissors system. Shields are good at absorbing all damage but eat tons of power and once down and you have no armor your ship systems can be chipped apart. In general I love the space combat.

Overall as a 4x it is pretty great. Races are fun to interact with. I have the mollusks with mind controlled owls, the samurai bears who speak in poetry, the piano playing plants and the mechanical bugs which I am currently taking over. Hoping to get the assimilation tech before their homeworld so I can steal their bonuses.

Tech tree is pretty diverse and you do make decisions which is nice. As far as I can tell though, no tech victory just diplomacy and conquest.

But overall as a 4x it is awesome.

I am upset that you didn't include me.

I've played MOO3 willingly
    You people and your weird cousin taboos I swear
    Mortious wrote: »
    I find the term sister-wife weird.

I don't even know what that means.

Edit: Or rather, the meaning that I get out of it is another relationship structure that I don't recall Feral subscribing too.

Well, clearly Feral is the wife of his sister, Miss Polly.

Wait
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Also, the Addams Family Musical was awesome! I may or may not be jamming out to the soundtrack at work >.>
    工事中
    Elldren I want to see that Templar in action

hit me with your best Dan Brown impersonation
    turtlesig.jpg
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Also, the Addams Family Musical was awesome! I may or may not be jamming out to the soundtrack at work >.>

Listening to musicals, reading the Daily Mail...what next Cokebottle?
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    It seems to be morning. Not sure how I feel about that.

Good morning [chat].

It sucks, that is how you should feel!

Blah blah symbology blah blah SCIENCE blah blah ruthlessly wrong art history
    Kalkino wrote: »

To be fair, I'm only reading the Daily Mail because of an article that's claiming the world's first genetically modified babies were born.

And how can you diss musicals?

(NSFW)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9B-ZoS0wvU
    工事中
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Cardcaptor Sakura had insane character design

I used to love the look of the "cards" spirits

Also I remember her friend who would sew her crazy costumes all the time and was probably in unrequited lesbian love with her

Not friend. Cousin.

Cousins can be friends

Cousins can also be lesbians

Especially when Cloverway gets their hands on them.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.

Blah blah symbology blah blah SCIENCE blah blah ruthlessly wrong art history

Yes perfect

(I genuinely would like to see some bonus scenes in the game, with our story cards being used - we've still got two open slots for the act, I want some twists!)
    turtlesig.jpg
    man I need a new game to sink my teeth into.

Wonder how Resident Evil Revelations HD and Remember Me will turn out
    I... wait, what?

glassglassglassglass-1368112341.jpg

How would this even work?
    工事中
    broarxx my quest to beat Gradius III on Arcade Mode is still unfufilled :(
    broarxx my quest to beat Gradius III on Arcade Mode is still unfufilled :(

play 5 give Treasure your love!
    I ordered Gradius V. It should be here middle of next week.

To be fair, I'm only reading the Daily Mail because of an article that's claiming the world's first genetically modified babies were born.

(NSFW)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9B-ZoS0wvU

I just don't want you to become a well dressed fascist. Is that too much to ask?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Daily_Mail

(NSFW)
    http://www. youtube.com/watch?v=t9B-ZoS0wvU

I just don't want you to become a well dressed fascist. Is that too much to ask?

Fair enough! Although, the comparisons to the NY Post are mostly lost on me.

Really, the only news I read fairly regularly is Gizmodo, ArsTechnica, and Maddow Blog. Well, and LifeHacker, but I don't know if that really qualifies as "news".
    工事中
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    You people and your weird cousin taboos I swear

Aren't you in Tennessee? Ain't like there's much of a cousin taboo there.
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets

(NSFW)

Really, the only news I read fairly regularly is Gizmodo, ArsTechnica, and Maddow Blog. Well, and LifeHacker, but I don't know if that really qualifies as "news".

What Australian media do you read (you live there right?)? I am looking to refresh my Australian news sources as I've kind of let that slide since it has been a while since I lived on that side of the world.

I guess I'm looking for blogs
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    I... wait, what?

glassglassglassglass-1368112341.jpg

How would this even work?

Worst cyborg ever.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • ArchArch Trust me, I'm a scientist Registered User regular
    I became depressed today that I could not log onto City of Heroes and make a Controller.

I don't know what it is, but no other game really did a CC-focused class as well as City of Heroes in my opinion.

The control wizard in Neverwinter is close

Who got these feels like me?

@Pony

@Jacobkosh
    blah

Bored at work

Normally I'd work on my phd proposal, but that's currently off being reviewed by some people before I submit it as part of my final applications

if someone gives me a roll of, like, fifty d6, I'll make them a maid from Maid RPG

that is how bored I am
    turtlesig.jpg
    blah

Bored at work

Normally I'd work on my phd proposal, but that's currently off being reviewed by some people before I submit it as part of my final applications

if someone gives me a roll of, like, fifty d6, I'll make them a maid from Maid RPG

that is how bored I am

Hmm we can play forum craps. Make yer bet wolfysimon
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 50d6.
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    /me rolls 10d6 -> 3,1,4,5,6,5,1,5,5,5 (sum:40)

(NSFW)

What Australian media do you read (you live there right?)? I am looking to refresh my Australian news sources as I've kind of let that slide since it has been a while since I lived on that side of the world.

I do but I don't read much local news, honestly. I'm a terrible fake Aussie. :(

I hear the Sydney Morning Herald is probably the least terrible.
    工事中
    edited May 2013
    Actually, @simonwolf would know more about good Aussie news sources to follow.
    Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Geth, execute Order 66 Chu
    I am disappointed that there is a hard limit of 10 rolls per post

Organichu your maid doesn't even have complete stats

She is half-formed, a pitiful wretch, a crime against nature

select your pistol, then select your maid
    turtlesig.jpg

(NSFW)

I do but I don't read much local news, honestly. I'm a terrible fake Aussie. :(

I hear the Sydney Morning Herald is probably the least terrible.

I can help.

Simon, when you return to the land of your birth, you must meet Cokebottle and take him to the tattoo parlour to have a Southern Cross applied to his arm or back. Not a tramp stamp, you see, something classy
    I am disappointed that there is a hard limit of 10 rolls per post

Organichu your maid doesn't even have complete stats

She is half-formed, a pitiful wretch, a crime against nature

select your pistol, then select your maid

She wobbles around on one half-formed leg. Arm barely more than a mass of skin. She is more akin to a blob than human.
    Actually, simonwolf would know more about good Aussie news sources to follow.

Honestly, I wouldn't, since I barely follow the news at all regardless of country

I personally think The Age is a worthwhile newspaper to read, but it's also Melbourne-based, and therefore won't get into disgusting Sydneysider politics
    turtlesig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.