Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Casual, I hope you catch a new job.

Simonwolf, I hope you come to terms with your crippling insecurities and self-esteem issues.

Elldren, I hope you meet the robot of your dreams.

Blue-Lantern-corgi-by-reis.jpg
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I whish the best to all of you.
    I would agree with some of the posts, but my work PC will not let me.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

Simonwolf, I hope you come to terms with your crippling insecurities and self-esteem issues.

*ahem*
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i am looking forward to June when I can start doing standup regularly

I have like, four new jokes!

I have some fantasic material about Prime Minister Harold Wilson that I feel didn't get a fair shake when he was in office that you can have. I'm sure the references won't have dated.

I love it when people say I can use their jokes on stage! I don't take pride in my own work at all! :D

Here it is:

Have you heard the one about Harold Wilson? He's got a very difficult job, you know, and we should all muck in and help.

Gold.
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    if your act starts with "most of you probably won't get this", please don't put us through it

please
    Tav on
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    man I cant wait for next generation to start so we can hopefully get some new games and some new gameplay styles, I am so sick of this rut of sequels we are stuck in.

What gameplay styles are going to be enabled by better hardware? Launch titles for the new consoles are likely to be almost all sequels.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    depressing chat is depressing

you're right

i'm sorry

i will stop talking about my life now

regular [chat] service is resumed

poop

butts

pensi

#freescheck

that's what i do. fuck depressing life.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular

i am has the most boring problem in this list
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    I have the 1967 Doctor Dolittle on in the background.

Ah Rex, your speaking-singing is just awesome :P
    nah i can't get financial aid anymore. i gotta move back in with my mom. who has been given a foreclosure notice on her home. so she has to move back in with her mom. who has a month to move out of her home because of foreclosure.

i'm already 60K in debt. no degree in my future.

er... is there a home on the end of that chain that isn't being foreclosed on

Nope.

!

research shelter options? :\

there are months in the future with a place over my head. so i'm not at that point yet.

start planning, man

yup. get a job in town. work.

revenge.

well

once you have jerb

you could do the HAMP thing.

HAMP? I don't really know what that is but from a quick google I don't think we are a candidate for that. Long story short my grandfather died recently and my dad did before that. They made all of the bucks and my family was too dumb to have decent life insurance plans. So it's a situation where the ladies were not equipped to handle life without spousal support or reasonable life insurance plans. I am curious about this HAMP though but I think it does not apply.

• ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    if your act starts with "most of you probably won't get this", please don't put us through it

please

I never telegraph mine like that

it's crass

I have some fantasic material about Prime Minister Harold Wilson that I feel didn't get a fair shake when he was in office that you can have. I'm sure the references won't have dated.

I love it when people say I can use their jokes on stage! I don't take pride in my own work at all! :D

Here it is:

Have you heard the one about Harold Wilson? He's got a very difficult job, you know, and we should all muck in and help.

Gold.

well

i did actually lol
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

*ahem*

SOTAR you sly old robot you
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    nah i can't get financial aid anymore. i gotta move back in with my mom. who has been given a foreclosure notice on her home. so she has to move back in with her mom. who has a month to move out of her home because of foreclosure.

Nope.

!

there are months in the future with a place over my head. so i'm not at that point yet.

start planning, man

revenge.

well

once you have jerb

HAMP? I don't really know what that is but from a quick google I don't think we are a candidate for that. Long story short my grandfather died recently and my dad did before that. They made all of the bucks and my family was too dumb to have decent life insurance plans. So it's a situation where the ladies were not equipped to handle life without spousal support or reasonable life insurance plans. I am curious about this HAMP though but I think it does not apply.

apparently it's (1) have jerb (2) have mortgage (3) jerb income is a substantial fraction of mortgage (4) reduce mortgage terms substantially
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular

I'd rather have yours
    turtlesig.jpg
    Elldren wrote: »

please

it's crass

Here's something you probably won't get!
    *audience doesn't get it*
    It would have been funny if you got it!
    simonwolf wrote: »

I'd rather have yours

i hate to tell you this but i have plenty of your issues too
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

please

it's crass

Here's something you probably won't get!
    *audience doesn't get it*
    It would have been funny if you got it!

It's far better to just interlace your act with "only one person in here will get this and it's me" moments rather than devote the entire thing to them.

Density is as important as obscurity

Here it is:

Gold.

I was four when he died.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    gooood day, [chat]ters of the world!

How are we feeling today?
    xlh6c3.png

Here it is:

Gold.

I was four when he died.

Yeah, yours is far better, Tav.

Here it is:

Gold.

I was four when he died.

If you listen carefully, you can hear Bogart gently weeping as he reads this post.
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

I'd rather have yours

i hate to tell you this but i have plenty of your issues too

Oh, I know

everything is terrible, etc
    turtlesig.jpg

Nope.

!

start planning, man

revenge.

well

once you have jerb

apparently it's (1) have jerb (2) have mortgage (3) jerb income is a substantial fraction of mortgage (4) reduce mortgage terms substantially

oh. yeah. tried for that and the answer was nope.

it's a long and stupid story but if you give poor people money for the first time they will have no idea what to do with it.

Nope.

!

start planning, man

revenge.

well

once you have jerb

it's a long and stupid story but if you give poor people money for the first time they will have no idea what to do with it.

.... put it in a savings account and talk with the bank about investment options?

Here it is:

Gold.

I was four when he died.

It was prefaced with "this hasn't aged at all" and I took that seriously for the sake of humour!

I can't name any prime ministers before Tony Blair apart from Thatcher and Churchill.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular

Here it is:

Gold.

I was four when he died.

It was prefaced with "this hasn't aged at all" and I took that seriously for the sake of humour!

I can't name any prime ministers before Tony Blair apart from Thatcher and Churchill.

Nelson Mandela, Pitt the younger, Pitt the elder, Bono.
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    Woo drinking too much tea and an overfull bladder
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular

Nope.

!

start planning, man

revenge.

well

once you have jerb

.... put it in a savings account and talk with the bank about investment options?

What would be the point of giving them money?
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    I may have some stunningly fresh material on Aristophanes
    MadCaddy wrote: »

Nope.

!

start planning, man

revenge.

well

once you have jerb

share da weallllth

MadCaddy wrote: »

Nope.

!

start planning, man

revenge.

well

once you have jerb

idk what money you are talking about. every member of my family has a negative net worth so.

enough of this dark talk. i hate talking about me. i think star trek happened today

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    let's shoot the rich
    xlh6c3.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    We just had a Ship of Theseus scenario. Nobody else understood the reference when they were arguing about whether a prototype which now shares no parts with its initial form needs a new serial number.
    a real-life experiment of "wait, why can't we just cut everyone a cheque?"

Here it is:

Gold.

I was four when he died.

*slaps you*

Clement Attlee

remember that name
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    Looking forward to Monday when I get to see Star Trek. And also Sunday when it's my nephew's 4th birthday and he's having a big party.
    I just wanna go home and listen to Acid Bath.
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    We just had a Ship of Theseus scenario. Nobody else understood the reference when they were arguing about whether a prototype which now shares no parts with its initial form needs a new serial number.

You should give them all your grandfather's axe
    I just wanna go home and listen to Acid Bath.

i just want to go home and take an acid bath

HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahaha

hahaha

haha

ha

R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
This discussion has been closed.