Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I am not looking forward to any day soon.
    xlh6c3.png
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    nah i can't get financial aid anymore. i gotta move back in with my mom. who has been given a foreclosure notice on her home. so she has to move back in with her mom. who has a month to move out of her home because of foreclosure.

i'm already 60K in debt. no degree in my future.

er... is there a home on the end of that chain that isn't being foreclosed on

Nope.

!

research shelter options? :\

there are months in the future with a place over my head. so i'm not at that point yet.

start planning, man

yup. get a job in town. work.

revenge.

well

once you have jerb

you could do the HAMP thing.

HAMP? I don't really know what that is but from a quick google I don't think we are a candidate for that. Long story short my grandfather died recently and my dad did before that. They made all of the bucks and my family was too dumb to have decent life insurance plans. So it's a situation where the ladies were not equipped to handle life without spousal support or reasonable life insurance plans. I am curious about this HAMP though but I think it does not apply.

apparently it's (1) have jerb (2) have mortgage (3) jerb income is a substantial fraction of mortgage (4) reduce mortgage terms substantially

oh. yeah. tried for that and the answer was nope.

it's a long and stupid story but if you give poor people money for the first time they will have no idea what to do with it.

.... put it in a savings account and talk with the bank about investment options?

What would be the point of giving them money?

idk what money you are talking about. every member of my family has a negative net worth so.

enough of this dark talk. i hate talking about me. i think star trek happened today

Wasn't speaking about your situation, DUE, which Im really sorry to hear about. i got evicted with my parents when i was a kid, so I empathize with your pain. Therell be light at the end of the tunnel soon enough for a smart enterprising man such as yourself. I was just saying how, generally, poors get free money because they spend it or it costs less to give it to them, then wait for them to start robbing all the 7-11s and fill the ERs.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    man I cant wait for next generation to start so we can hopefully get some new games and some new gameplay styles, I am so sick of this rut of sequels we are stuck in.
    ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

Well, you have a point but so does bloodyroar. To an extent new generations get developers excited again and new ideas do come about.

I submit as evidence that "ha ha ha ha ha" was sufficient to illustrate the point, viz., the sheer unbelievability of the notion that sequelitis is principally driven by generational limitations

No one said that the usual suspects weren't going to still be there AC, CoD, etc., etc. but there will be fresh new stuff for sure.
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    just giving people money is probably a better way to distribute welfare than the political equilibrium tends to favour
    just giving people money is kind of how welfare works
    xlh6c3.png
    Man, that Singaporean tax sharing low wage "motivation" pay doesn't sound like it could be corrupt AT ALL... ;)
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Aristophanes, I ask you. I mean, what's his deal?

*wild laughter*
    Bogart on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I find myself dwelling on last weekend when I took Jack upstairs in my parents' house for the first time and he stopped wimpering and immediately started looking around in a "oh hey, what's all this stuff" way.

Dude like looking at stuff.
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Aristophanes, I ask you. I mean, what's his deal?

*wild laughter*

He's mainly... dead.
    I'm bored in a bad way

I'm bored in a way where I know I will keep being bored for a while

I need to do something this weekend.
    xlh6c3.png
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    you want to know whats sad?

i went home the other night and amused myself by creating an organised categorisation system for all my steam games and creating backups and an organised filing system for the backups, and i bought a new HDD as a backup for my backups incase the first backup is corrupted

i spent hours doing this instead of playing the video games

this is more or less what i do at work
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    just giving people money is probably a better way to distribute welfare than the political equilibrium tends to favour

Rothstein agrees.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'm bored in a bad way

Open a meth lab
    I didn't win anything in the annual stay-at-work-a-year draw. :(

And it will be two years before I have another chance due to beetus. :(
    Man, that Singaporean tax sharing low wage "motivation" pay doesn't sound like it could be corrupt AT ALL... ;)

it's corrupt in the election-giveaway sense

but the implementation of the programme itself was carried out pretty transparently
    #WesternEuropeanNorthAmericanAndAustralasianProblems
    in any case the government kept it up even after the election

so maybe regular rolling cashouts when recessions occur will be a thing now?
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    off to lunch

see you in an hour [chat]
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    How could people forget the glory that was John Major?
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • TavTav Registered User regular

I was a child who didn't live in the UK when he was in power?
    More peas, dear?
    Tav wrote: »

It was more his total non-personality.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

I wouldn't know!

I wouldn't know!
    Exactly!

two more hours in work

then lunch

then study
  • Nova_CNova_C Sniff Sniff Snorf Yellowknife, NTRegistered User regular
    Hey, guys. Guys.

Gais!

I am $4000 poorer, but am glasses and contacts freeeeeee! FREEEEEEEEEE!

The procedure was way less painful than I was expecting and the recovery period was not nearly as uncomfortable as everyone was saying. The worst part was the little device they mount to your eye to cut the flap. It's pressed against the bone around your eye and feels like a scope or pair of binoculars is being pushed hard against your eye.

The weirdest part was watching him open and then close the cornea flap. Surreal.

Now I'm just having to control the instinct to rub or squeeze my eyes because they still have a slight burning feel and there's a lot of gunk building up because of all the eye drops I have to take.
    Casual wrote: »
    you want to know whats sad?

i went home the other night and amused myself by creating an organised categorisation system for all my steam games and creating backups and an organised filing system for the backups, and i bought a new HDD as a backup for my backups incase the first backup is corrupted

i spent hours doing this instead of playing the video games

this is more or less what i do at work

Come do this for me please. I still haven't gotten done setting up my HDPrime or my Agility 4 swap out and windows 8 install on my HTPC. I've been meaning to finish this since windows 8 launched. :(

I wouldn't know!
    Exactly!

no! not exactly!

we are not getting your references grandpa!
    xlh6c3.png

it's corrupt in the election-giveaway sense

but the implementation of the programme itself was carried out pretty transparently

I mean, so you like this sort of policy approach? I think it's pants on head, and just setting up the government to be more beholden to foreign interests long term.
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'm bored in a bad way

Open a meth lab

I don't know chemistry

also I bet the chemistry engineer students have already cleaned out the school for meth supplies
    xlh6c3.png
    Organizing shit is the best. You should see my perfectly tagged MP3 collection.
    > grangertest(lngdp ~ lnm1, order = 8, data=subset(dataframe,quarters<156))
    Granger causality test

Model 1: lngdp ~ Lags(lngdp, 1:8) + Lags(lnm1, 1:8)
    Model 2: lngdp ~ Lags(lngdp, 1:8)
      Res.Df Df      F   Pr(>F)   
    1     71                      
    2     79 -8 2.9101 0.007264 **
    ---
    Signif. codes:  0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1 

> grangertest(lngdp ~ lnm1, order = 8, data=dataframe)
    Granger causality test

Model 1: lngdp ~ Lags(lngdp, 1:8) + Lags(lnm1, 1:8)
    Model 2: lngdp ~ Lags(lngdp, 1:8)
      Res.Df Df      F Pr(>F)
    1    127                 
    2    135 -8 1.4733 0.1732

YES MY INTUITION IS CORRECT AND MY DATA ALMOST CERTAINLY WILL SAY WHAT I THINK IT SHOULD SAY

... but first I shall take a nap
    And I agree with government needs to spend during recessions. I just think this particular method with Singapore is more similar to Isle of Man/Antigua policy approaches than true sovereign governance.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Tiiired. 1 hour 45 minutes to go.
    edited May 2013
    And I agree with government needs to spend during recessions. I just think this particular method with Singapore is more similar to Isle of Man/Antigua policy approaches than true sovereign governance.

what's wrong with cashing out

it's keynesian policy in the most possibly effective form: the cash gets out there, immediately, without any of the months spent deciding where to put the shovels
    ronya on
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    Blergh...hangovers at work should be illegal. :(
    t7zsk1.jpg
    NAP

what's wrong with cashing out

it's keynesian policy in the most possibly effective form: the cash gets out there, immediately, without any of the months spent deciding where to put the shovels

Yea because Singapore knows that it won't be stuck with the bill when the music stops and everyone tAkes a seat.
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Blergh...hangovers at work should be illegal. :(

Ugh one time I had to be in work at 7:30 and I went out till 4am and I thought I was going to diiiiiiie
This discussion has been closed.