Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Hey, guys. Guys.

Gais!

I am $4000 poorer, but am glasses and contacts freeeeeee! FREEEEEEEEEE!

The procedure was way less painful than I was expecting and the recovery period was not nearly as uncomfortable as everyone was saying. The worst part was the little device they mount to your eye to cut the flap. It's pressed against the bone around your eye and feels like a scope or pair of binoculars is being pushed hard against your eye.

The weirdest part was watching him open and then close the cornea flap. Surreal.

Now I'm just having to control the instinct to rub or squeeze my eyes because they still have a slight burning feel and there's a lot of gunk building up because of all the eye drops I have to take.

I got all squeamish just reading that! I couldn't do it (short of general anaethesia).

But congrats, nonetheless!
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    And I agree with government needs to spend during recessions. I just think this particular method with Singapore is more similar to Isle of Man/Antigua policy approaches than true sovereign governance.

what's wrong with cashing out

it's keynesian policy in the most possibly effective form: the cash gets out there, immediately, without any of the months spent deciding where to put the shovels

Yea because Singapore knows that it won't be stuck with the bill when the music stops and everyone tAkes a seat.

?

it runs enormous surpluses most of the time
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    a gay couple kicked, beaten and spat at while out on the town in Oslo.

They think it's because of them being gay. Couldn't say for sure because the whole thing was over very quick, before anyone had time to react

also the perps weren't speaking norwegian with each other so figuring out what they were all about wasn't easy

yay for multiculturalism
    xlh6c3.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Me yesterday: "So... Is the main draw of the excursion tomorrow shopping?"

The girls: "No not at all! It's about culture!"

Today after 5 hours of shopping "So, yesterday... You lied."

Thank god I found a copy of a feast for crows for $5...
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    And I agree with government needs to spend during recessions. I just think this particular method with Singapore is more similar to Isle of Man/Antigua policy approaches than true sovereign governance.

it's keynesian policy in the most possibly effective form: the cash gets out there, immediately, without any of the months spent deciding where to put the shovels

Yea because Singapore knows that it won't be stuck with the bill when the music stops and everyone tAkes a seat.

?

By relying on foreign tariffs for their cheaper STEM labor, and (currently) high end infrastructure, instead of leveraging this to try and be a significant player in the region long term, they're just cashing out and getting as much of that sweet foreign cash as possible before they gotta give up some of the more ass raping tax funding to get foreign aid to stay competitive against Taiwain and China... My dog in the race is Taiwan, full disclosure.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

They think it's because of them being gay. Couldn't say for sure because the whole thing was over very quick, before anyone had time to react

also the perps weren't speaking norwegian with each other so figuring out what they were all about wasn't easy

yay for multiculturalism
    some friends of a friend were attacked in a shop a few months back for being gay

they made a complaint on the shop's facebook page (as well as to the guards and stuff) and someone compiled a tumblr of the responses the complaint got

http://sparhomophobes.tumblr.com/
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Blergh...hangovers at work should be illegal. :(

Ugh one time I had to be in work at 7:30 and I went out till 4am and I thought I was going to diiiiiiie

Wound up drinking at home, then was at the brother in laws and drank a bit more while watching my dear Montreal Canadiens lose. :( Today is a horrible day.
    t7zsk1.jpg
    todo list when I return from nap:

(1) my results point in the right direction, but my magnitudes are different. I need to figure out if the GDP figure is responsible, or some other reason.

(2) re-run the lag selection model, rather than just pulling the same 8/4 lags that it generated from older data
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Hey, guys. Guys.

Gais!

I am $4000 poorer, but am glasses and contacts freeeeeee! FREEEEEEEEEE!

The procedure was way less painful than I was expecting and the recovery period was not nearly as uncomfortable as everyone was saying. The worst part was the little device they mount to your eye to cut the flap. It's pressed against the bone around your eye and feels like a scope or pair of binoculars is being pushed hard against your eye.

The weirdest part was watching him open and then close the cornea flap. Surreal.

Now I'm just having to control the instinct to rub or squeeze my eyes because they still have a slight burning feel and there's a lot of gunk building up because of all the eye drops I have to take.

Congrats, but...

D:D:D:D:

?

By relying on foreign tariffs for their cheaper STEM labor, and (currently) high end infrastructure, instead of leveraging this to try and be a significant player in the region long term, they're just cashing out and getting as much of that sweet foreign cash as possible before they gotta give up some of the more ass raping tax funding to get foreign aid to stay competitive against Taiwain and China... My dog in the race is Taiwan, full disclosure.

what

what foreign aid

what foreign cash?!
    edited May 2013
    the adam and eve not adam and steve thing is weird to me

pro-gay people use that thing here

(Adam + Even, subtitle; greatest of all is love, as an example of a banner)
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
    I want a let's beat up homophobes day
    xlh6c3.png
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

?

what

what foreign aid

what foreign cash?!

http://app.mof.gov.sg/corporate_income_tax.aspx

Bring your money to Singapore, we only tax it once! Until you try to take it out. ;)

Edit: fixed the link to the mot I wanted originally.
    MadCaddy on
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

yay for multiculturalism
    some friends of a friend were attacked in a shop a few months back for being gay

they made a complaint on the shop's facebook page (as well as to the guards and stuff) and someone compiled a tumblr of the responses the complaint got

Jesus fucking christ.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Nova_CNova_C Sniff Sniff Snorf Yellowknife, NTRegistered User regular
    No no! It was really easy!

I would totally recommend it to anyone that qualifies for the surgery and can afford to get it. It's super easy, quick, and the discomfort is really mild!
    it will be a lot of gay couples kissing in the gazebo in the park, and me circling it wild-eyed swinging a baseball bat, menacing anyone who looks at the display funny and shouting COME ON WHO WANTS TO LOSE THEIR TEETH TODAY
    xlh6c3.png
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    it will be a lot of gay couples kissing in the gazebo in the park, and me circling it wild-eyed swinging a baseball bat, menacing anyone who looks at the display funny and shouting COME ON WHO WANTS TO LOSE THEIR TEETH TODAY

No see, you're going about it all wrong. It needs to be more of an ambush. What you do is you start the day by handing out a bunch of brass knuckles. Then, when a particularly adventurous bigot fuckwad decides to step up on a couple kissing he gets close enough to find out (too late) that the couple is more than ready to hit back.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City

yay for multiculturalism

Jesus fucking christ.

yeeeah, I know that feeling
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    As much as I don't believe in violence as a way to solve problems....

Yeah I would totally take a baseball bat to the gut of a homophobe.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular

yay for multiculturalism

Jesus fucking christ.

I want to see how many of those people would actually back up their threats, also seriously they need to learn how to speak/write english
    My mom gave me some money.

I told both mom and dad that no it's fine I do not need you to send me money

so much for independence!

...said the guy living in an apartment his daddy bought.

anyway mom said spend it on some fruit and veg which I did. So now I have bananas for my corn flakes, oranges and tomatoes to eat whenever and a mango which is going to make a sort of lunch today.
    xlh6c3.png
    it is an hour until I can eat

I would destroy cornflakes with banana

I was going to buy bananas anyway. Because cornflakes and banana go together so well.

but the store's bananas were unripe day before yesterday and then closed yesterday.

it was hell, I tell you.
    xlh6c3.png
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

yay for multiculturalism

Jesus fucking christ.

I want to see how many of those people would actually back up their threats, also seriously they need to learn how to speak/write english
    Nothing wrong with their writing (they are writing in their accents).

I just can't get over the "what if a child saw you?". I know they are all equally vile but that one sticks out to me in particular.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    As much as I don't believe in violence as a way to solve problems....

Yeah I would totally take a baseball bat to the gut of a homophobe.

sometimes one wants to help solve the underlying issues

sometimes one just want to express your disagreements with some simple violence.

Not that I ever do.
    xlh6c3.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    no.
    DasUberEdward on
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular

Buying you a sweet Homophobe Smash Day card

Writing a message inside with my best penmanship then sealing the envelope
    anyone being even slightly nasty against any gay people we'd have in as guests I would drag out by their collars so bloody fast, though

Not that that has ever happened.
    xlh6c3.png
    desc wrote: »

Buying you a sweet Homophobe Smash Day card

Writing a message inside with my best penmanship then sealing the envelope

pinned to the forehead of a gagged and bound homophobe.
    xlh6c3.png
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular

That's an odd thing to destroy cornflakes with

a banana

do you sort of throw the banana at the cornflakes or do you like, crush them up in the bowl using the banana as a sort of pestle or what?
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

a banana

do you sort of throw the banana at the cornflakes or do you like, crush them up in the bowl using the banana as a sort of pestle or what?

this is what I assumed

a banana

yes
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    no.
    DasUberEdward on
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
    I recall one of the times early on a thursday or friday night when attendance was really slow. Something like seven guests.

when the vibe of the place was still just... really good. I was just hanging out behind the bar talking and watching the people.

and I smiled with every part of me at the two small groups of people over by the DJ cage moving their couches together and getting to know each other and laughing and having a good time

and on the table along the wall two boys, almost annoyingly young and gorgeous, were so obviously in love with each other and didn't notice a thing about the world outside themselves

and I was just, like, surveying my kingdom

and going, it is good.

I am pleased by that which my presence has made possible.
    xlh6c3.png
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    now im tired

im bored of being here filing

i want to go home and file my things
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.

a banana

you try to like crush it using the banana as a pestle, which mashes up the banana if it is ripe enough

then you bake it into a corn flakes banana cake.
    xlh6c3.png
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    no

mim

noooooooo
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    I am saddened by my decision not to work at Hulen next semester.

It is a good and wise decision, because I need to focus on school and occasionally working until four on thursdays isn't that good

and I should maybe get a part time job that pays money

but I really do enjoy being a bouncer at hulen. Fantastic people to work with, great people to clean up after and occasionally throw out.
    xlh6c3.png
    apparently destroy meaning to eat or drink something very quickly and with purpose is a colloquialism
This discussion has been closed.