Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    ...can you actually be addicted to soda?

you can be addicted to anything, you can't be CHEMICALLY addicted to anything

40 pages back, but yes, you can be addicted to soda both chemically and just "it's all in your brain."

Caffeine is pretty addicting I hear.

there's not much caffeine in soda, and besides, it's like, the mildest chemical addiction ever

hahaha

you've not tried to wean yourself off a long term 4+ cup a day habit have you?

I was in the army, of course I have

and it is a mild chemical addiction.

Non-mild is like, alcoholism. Heroin. That sorta thing.
    xlh6c3.png
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    lots of alcoholics die from going cold turkey and their body going into shock

you need to ween yourself
    it lasts 2-9 days and makes you tired and irritable and have headaches. Big whoop!
    xlh6c3.png
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    All they need is a fuel cell that can work with slightly more platinum than is currently present in standard catalytic converters
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    2-9 days huh?

when you're 21 maybe
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    a5ehren wrote: »
    74% of all baryonic matter in the universe is hydrogen

24% of all baryonic matter in the universe is helium

And like 95+% of that is all locked up in stars :P

about 85%, actually
    xlh6c3.png
    2-9 days huh?

when you're 21 maybe

hey that was a wiki quote
    xlh6c3.png
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Caffeine, feed it to kids!
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • a5ehrena5ehren Registered User regular

about 85%, actually

Yeah that sounds better. Been awhile since I took Cosmology.
    Tav wrote: »
    lots of alcoholics die from going cold turkey and their body going into shock

you need to ween yourself

your synapses, having been supressed for so long, just go haywire and start firing off randomly and you basically short circuit your brain with seizures and shit
    xlh6c3.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Booo. The Viacom deal with Netflix ending means no more streaming Avatar: the Last Airbender.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
    edited May 2013

about 85%, actually

Yeah that sounds better. Been awhile since I took Cosmology.

or I'll say that I remember that the interstellar medium is 15%

just to cover all bases in case someone doesn't accept a loose definition of star to basically mean anything not the ISM

(quasars and black holes and shit)
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
    2-9 days huh?

when you're 21 maybe

hey that was a wiki quote

oh well, it must be true then
    there was no way to reply to this without taking the snark up to 11 really...
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    wawwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    wawwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    wa wa wee wa
    sig.gif
    wawwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    wa wa wee wa

I sent you a PM!
  • EvigilantEvigilant Registered User regular
    Happy Friday folks! It's been 12 years in the making but today & tomorrow I finally graduate from college.

Join the Army the said and they'll pay for your school they said. Ignore the fine print where they only pay for your school whenever the Army lets you attend school, and if all you get is 2 weeks, well by golly, the Army will pay for those 2 weeks of school and then pull you out.

Just a little bitter.
    "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Google+ Profile Origin: 13Evigilant Steam: Evigilant
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »
    Happy Friday folks! It's been 12 years in the making but today & tomorrow I finally graduate from college.

Join the Army the said and they'll pay for your school they said. Ignore the fine print where they only pay for your school whenever the Army lets you attend school, and if all you get is 2 weeks, well by golly, the Army will pay for those 2 weeks of school and then pull you out.

Just a little bitter.

Congratula—Oh.
    edited May 2013

Just a little bitter.

yeah...

10-12 years ago was pretty much the worst possible time to join the US army since Vietnam...
    Casual on
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    chances my new work system is worse than my current work system besides the whole overheating thing: .8

finding out in 10m
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    wawwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    wa wa wee wa

I sent you a PM!

I am bad at being convincing!
    sig.gif
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I take it some of you drink like... a can of soda a day or something.

Try drinking 4 liters of it a day. Yeah. That's how some people treat soda.
    bowen on
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    i drink so much coffee atm i going to die when i stop for the summer
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    It's weird, caffeine makes me tired. Stupid body. Why the fuck can't you just be normal?

Just a little bitter.

yeah...

10-12 years ago was pretty much the worst possible time to join the US army since Vietnam...

The hilarious thing is that I convinced 3 of my buddies in HS to join the Army with me, with my selling point being "We don't do shit!". This was July 2001. All I got for them joining was $100. A year later, if you got people to join the Army would give you $2k.

They've never forgiven me and I constantly argue that they each owe me $1,900.
    "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." Dwight D. Eisenhower
    but on the plus side Evigilant you're out of it now and got a collage education

wooooo!

*meekly waves little flag*
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    My dad told me that he's going to get a cake that has "REALLY!? FINALLY!" on it.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Oh no is kaleedity's computer gonna blow up?
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    and pups is always yelling at me to get on gchat

unbelievable

unforgivable, even

Just a little bitter.

yeah...

The hilarious thing is that I convinced 3 of my buddies in HS to join the Army with me, with my selling point being "We don't do shit!". This was July 2001. All I got for them joining was $100. A year later, if you got people to join the Army would give you $2k.

They've never forgiven me and I constantly argue that they each owe me $1,900.

this is one of those things where i sort of have a mix between a restrained smile and a grimace on my face reading it
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Organichu wrote: »
    and pups is always yelling at me to get on gchat

unbelievable

unforgivable, even

<< has been on gchat for an hour, is confused
    sig.gif
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Alright come on dude

Freaky ghost thing keeps fucking with you

You dot go to where the freaky ghost thing hangs out.

Like come on. Come on. You probably need to get a job you have too much time on your hands how are you paying for all these motel stays anyway?
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
    i mean come on

July 2001

that is just...

you poor SOB
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    wawwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    wa wa wee wa

I sent you a PM!

I am bad at being convincing!

oh I see >:[
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    K, so yesterday I woke up weighing 261. I felt deeply ashamed such that yesterday I had

Breakfast: one slice whole wheat toast + small smear of PB
    Lunch: chicken cobb salad with a quarter serving of White Balsamic, light feta, no egg.
    Dinner: Nada
    All else: 3 cups coffee with whole milk + one sugar.

This morning I wake up and I weigh 253. That's a hell of a fucking delta.

My take away: No more ordering dinner. weekday booze/ weekly pancakes are cancelled until I hit <240.
    Deebaser on
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    skippy nooooooooooooooo
    sig.gif
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    i mean come on

July 2001

that is just...

you poor SOB
    I'm thinking that places Evil at just out of bootcamp pretty much at 9/11.

Fuuuuck.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular

Just a little bitter.

My buddy joined the marine "reserves" in 03 or 04. He is also graduating.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    edited May 2013
    i mean come on

July 2001

that is just...

you poor SOB
    I'm thinking that places Evil at just out of bootcamp pretty much at 9/11.

Fuuuuck.
    Haha, actually I didn't go to boot until May 2002. I was in the Delayed Entry Program so I could finish at least a year of school before going. For almost a year I did normal military stuff: training and field exercises with the battery (I'm an Artilleryman).

When I graduated bootcamp it was September 2002 and I flew back on 9/11/2002 with one of my buddies.

That was the most awkward plane trip ever.
    Evigilant on
This discussion has been closed.