Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    think i'm gonna pull the trigger on a new imac

they're pretty sweet

im not up on the current mac vs pc debate, so whats the big draw for imacs these days?

they are slim and sexy and run os x

The top of the line one also has a pretty baller GPU, the fusion drive is a pretty neat idea (which is a lot like hybrid SSDs but rather different in execution), and DAT SCREEN.

Also, they last a long time without complaints. My 2010 model still plays every game I throw at it on near-high settings at 1080p, and the 32 gigs of RAM mean I never have to close anything unless I want to.

So here's the one I'm getting:

• 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
    • 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x8GB
    • 3TB Fusion Drive
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

also gonna put a win8 partition on it in case i want to play windows-only games

thats pretty badass.

If you want to save like 450-500 bucks, buy the RAM elsewhere; Apple does overcharge for it by a lot.

Otherwise, that is p much exactly the machine @nexuscrawler got earlier this year, and as far as I know he is a happy camper.

Indeed it's quite a machine and I'm hardly a mac fanatic
    SC2 : nexuscrawler.381
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    one day i wanna try illegal drugs

all the cool kids are doing it

El, Winners don't do drugs.

And you're a winner in my book.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    oh, before i go

shivahn

i have started work on getting my abs back after i horrified myself with the amount of titty shake i am capible of

i did like 30 situps (SHUT UP IT'S A START) and 10 pushups (ok yes that's pathetic)

so i can see this summer i have a mountain to climb to meet out 6 month abs time table

First of all

I am capable of more titty shake than you, so don't feel bad :P

Secondly yay! It doesn't matter how little you're doing, the fact that you're starting is important. Once you're in a habit of doing stuff like that it's all downhill.

So yes. Yay.

yes...

but you want the titty shake, i don't

i wish there was a way to donate my titty shake to you but alas there is not

This is why we need to develop technologies for body part markets.

The trans community would be so happy.

you can have my titty shake and i'll take your ability to grow facial hair

Haha

My uh

My facial hair is slightly damaged >.>

i'll take what i can get

90% of a fabulous red rainbow is still pretty good.

wait

no one said anything about red

Why do you think I have to get electro instead of laser?

>.>

ah

nvm

: (

i'm gonna look dum with brown hair and a red beard!

Well

I am a girl with brown hair and a red beard. So it could be worse for you :P

Though actually it's not red, it's white and clear and red and orange and blonde and and and

Basically the electrologist is putting a rainbow into the electric chair.
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Why does Geth awesome stuff?

Why does this happen?
    vspgsp.jpg
    to give you an idea what that imac can do for games I'm currently playing FC3 in win7 with everything on High to Ultra settings at 1920x1080 res without a hitch
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Why does Geth awesome stuff?

Why does this happen?

Don't look a Geth horse in the mouth.
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Registered User regular
    hmm
    Love working outdoors? Love working with your hands? We are looking for an individual to join our team in a local statuary manufacturing business. Responsibilities include casting, finishing, painting and loading concrete garden statuary. Must be able to lift 100 lbs and be in good physical condition. Willing to work weekends.

but $9/hour is not much for the toll that would take on my body, also I'm not in very good shape
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    What's Chipotle? Isn't that something to eat?

they're pretty sweet

im not up on the current mac vs pc debate, so whats the big draw for imacs these days?

The top of the line one also has a pretty baller GPU, the fusion drive is a pretty neat idea (which is a lot like hybrid SSDs but rather different in execution), and DAT SCREEN.

Also, they last a long time without complaints. My 2010 model still plays every game I throw at it on near-high settings at 1080p, and the 32 gigs of RAM mean I never have to close anything unless I want to.

• 3TB Fusion Drive

thats pretty badass.

If you want to save like 450-500 bucks, buy the RAM elsewhere; Apple does overcharge for it by a lot.

Otherwise, that is p much exactly the machine @nexuscrawler got earlier this year, and as far as I know he is a happy camper.

Indeed it's quite a machine and I'm hardly a mac fanatic

Spore runs fine now? :P
    Je suis désolé. :(
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    I mean on the other hand my brother has four degrees and a certificate from college and he's going back another time because he can't really stick with a job.

The education bubble is a bitch, I'm of the opinion everyone will know when it's right for them. It's easy to just say go to school blindly for others.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    Spore was the worst game
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    though getting a mba made me never want another desktop

i mean, unless of course i end up being a huge game fanatic again or something, which i don't see as likely, or i do work that calls for crazy power

i will probably just rock thin, light laptops 5ever
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    Man sometimes I forget how thin-skinned folks are outside of chat.

Who knew saying "for reals bro?" could be taken as insulting?

Silly MMO nerds.
    archer2.png
    hmm
    Love working outdoors? Love working with your hands? We are looking for an individual to join our team in a local statuary manufacturing business. Responsibilities include casting, finishing, painting and loading concrete garden statuary. Must be able to lift 100 lbs and be in good physical condition. Willing to work weekends.

but $9/hour is not much for the toll that would take on my body, also I'm not in very good shape

This is an opportunity to get in shape. Or traction.

What I'm saying is: be a Mexican not a Mexicant
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Oh, and if you do save that money by buying the RAM elsewhere, consider buying this:

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/echo15thunderboltdock.html

It comes out in the summer, and seems like a really handy companion box to the iMac, especially if you ever want to add additional fast storage, get a blu ray drive, eSATA ports, etc.
    meat.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    hmm

Uh, don't you lift?
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    god so last night and this morning sitting down caused me discomfort and pain

finally it became too much to bear and i went to the bathroom and blasted a truly spectacular poo

the relief made my knees shake
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

Silly MMO nerds.
    for reals bro?

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

they're pretty sweet

• 3TB Fusion Drive

thats pretty badass.

oh yeah i did.

ordered the minimum 2x4gb from apple, got the 4x8gb sticks from crucial.com.

looking forward to it. my 2008? 2009? imac is starting to choke.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    booooooooooooooooooooooooored
    xlh6c3.png
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    That's 50 lbs over the OSHA guidelines. Anything over 50 lbs = team lift. I think the limit is 200 lbs before you need machinery but I can't recall.

I bet they don't offer benefits either. Hope you don't pull a muscle! Oops.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

they're pretty sweet

• 3TB Fusion Drive

THIS IS GOING TO COST $3,000!

about that, yeah.

i considered doing the retina mbp instead, but i just don't have that much of a need for a mac laptop right now. i have to haul my company laptop with me on business travel anyways.
    Mim wrote: »
    hmm

Uh, don't you lift?
    Not for the past couple of years. I spot my dad when he does his chest, that's it.
    edited May 2013
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

Silly MMO nerds.

It's socially acceptable to whine like a stuck pig over anything.

I love complaining so I understand it, but I realize its gotta stop.
    Caveman Paws on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooned

:D
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    @Syndalis
    The first thing my coworker said re: mah new glasses:
    "Those are pretty small for your face."

Returning. Getting "Oversized" clubmasters
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    though getting a mba made me never want another desktop

i mean, unless of course i end up being a huge game fanatic again or something, which i don't see as likely, or i do work that calls for crazy power

i will probably just rock thin, light laptops 5ever

I feel like I have the right balance of things.

Pay for a bigass dropbox account, and between that and icloud I have all my important stuff on both my macbook air and my iMac.

When I am doing big meaty design work (or playing games), I do it on the iMac. Otherwise, my Air goes with me to a coffee shop or a friends house or out of town and I am able to code and do mostly everything I could on the iMac, only on an 11" screen.
    meat.jpg
    One thing I learned from working in UPS, do not lift more than 50 lbs by yourself ever. Sure you can do it, but the one time you do it and you pivot slightly you'll be out of work for a week.

I was carrying a 70 lb box by myself and went to put it in the feeder and boom strain, back pain for a week. Those jobs will destroy you. My knee still aches to this day, 15 years later.
    Deebaser wrote: »
    @Syndalis

They looked fine from the angle, but yeah, it was borderline head-on.
    meat.jpg
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    That's 50 lbs over the OSHA guidelines. Anything over 50 lbs = team lift. I think the limit is 200 lbs before you need machinery but I can't recall.

I so want to go into a rant about my last job, but I won't. 'Cause that's not fun to read.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
    Spore was the worst game

It was dissapointing because it was hyped as something way more complex.

It wasn't the worst of all time, but when you expect AAA+ and get C- fuck it.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    @Syndalis

Yeah, fuck it. I like the style. I'll go to a sunglass hut and pay the "I WANT IT NOW" premium.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

they're pretty sweet

• 3TB Fusion Drive

THIS IS GOING TO COST $3,000!

about that, yeah.

i considered doing the retina mbp instead, but i just don't have that much of a need for a mac laptop right now. i have to haul my company laptop with me on business travel anyways.

Also, the Retina MBP, especially the 13" but also the 15", is in a weird place where the GPU struggles to keep up with the full weight of a graphics-heavy application.

It is a classic example of Apple Revision 1 products not being optimal. 2-3 generations from now it will be the flagship product they want it to be.
    meat.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Gahhh this elbow. Why do you still hurt? You were god damn surgically repaired not 3 months ago
    G2Dcf.jpg

I so want to go into a rant about my last job, but I won't. 'Cause that's not fun to read.

There's a reason these types of jobs almost always have amazing benefits and unions.

The fly by night mom and pop mixing cement and making you lift large amounts of shit over your head tend to get shut down when people in high up places find out you violate all sorts of rules when 5+ people file for disability because of their work.
    Syndalis

Yeah, fuck it. I like the style. I'll go to a sunglass hut and pay the "I WANT IT NOW" premium.

Thats a change of opinion from last night.... did they grow on you?
    meat.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    Spore was the worst game

It was supposed to be the best game.

I was an idiot and paid MONEY for it.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    oh, before i go

shivahn

i have started work on getting my abs back after i horrified myself with the amount of titty shake i am capible of

i did like 30 situps (SHUT UP IT'S A START) and 10 pushups (ok yes that's pathetic)

so i can see this summer i have a mountain to climb to meet out 6 month abs time table

First of all

I am capable of more titty shake than you, so don't feel bad :P

Secondly yay! It doesn't matter how little you're doing, the fact that you're starting is important. Once you're in a habit of doing stuff like that it's all downhill.

So yes. Yay.

yes...

but you want the titty shake, i don't

i wish there was a way to donate my titty shake to you but alas there is not

This is why we need to develop technologies for body part markets.

The trans community would be so happy.

you can have my titty shake and i'll take your ability to grow facial hair

Haha

My uh

My facial hair is slightly damaged >.>

i'll take what i can get

90% of a fabulous red rainbow is still pretty good.

wait

no one said anything about red

Why do you think I have to get electro instead of laser?

>.>

ah

nvm

: (

i'm gonna look dum with brown hair and a red beard!

Well

I am a girl with brown hair and a red beard. So it could be worse for you :P

Though actually it's not red, it's white and clear and red and orange and blonde and and and

Basically the electrologist is putting a rainbow into the electric chair.

girls having red hair is fine

that's the double standard, men get mocked but girls are "red heads"
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.

osha cant deal w/ swag bros lik me

That was actually painful to type.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    boredboredboredboredboredbored
    xlh6c3.png
This discussion has been closed.