Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    Goddamn we really need to murder quote trees again.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Working a job where you move heavy things humbles a man and gives you patience.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    when I worked at target you were basically coerced into any lift by yourself or you were a pussy

at wal mart nobody would lift a roll of toilet paper without supervision

the second philosophy is far better because who knows what injuries a bad lift coudl cause ten years from now
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooned

:D

man I wish.

Or, actually, no. I actually don't.
    xlh6c3.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Gahhh this elbow. Why do you still hurt? You were god damn surgically repaired not 3 months ago

Geth revels in your pain.

That, or they implanted a Geth nanobots colony into your elbow and its busy taking you over.

Or not. I dunno.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    hmm
    Love working outdoors? Love working with your hands? We are looking for an individual to join our team in a local statuary manufacturing business. Responsibilities include casting, finishing, painting and loading concrete garden statuary. Must be able to lift 100 lbs and be in good physical condition. Willing to work weekends.

but $9/hour is not much for the toll that would take on my body, also I'm not in very good shape

Uh, don't you lift?
    Not for the past couple of years. I spot my dad when he does his chest, that's it.

So you're not muscle-y anymore like in your OKCupid profile?
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Sitting in a Starbucks chargrin my phone
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    oh, before i go

shivahn

i have started work on getting my abs back after i horrified myself with the amount of titty shake i am capible of

i did like 30 situps (SHUT UP IT'S A START) and 10 pushups (ok yes that's pathetic)

so i can see this summer i have a mountain to climb to meet out 6 month abs time table

First of all

I am capable of more titty shake than you, so don't feel bad :P

Secondly yay! It doesn't matter how little you're doing, the fact that you're starting is important. Once you're in a habit of doing stuff like that it's all downhill.

So yes. Yay.

yes...

but you want the titty shake, i don't

i wish there was a way to donate my titty shake to you but alas there is not

This is why we need to develop technologies for body part markets.

The trans community would be so happy.

you can have my titty shake and i'll take your ability to grow facial hair

Haha

My uh

My facial hair is slightly damaged >.>

i'll take what i can get

90% of a fabulous red rainbow is still pretty good.

wait

no one said anything about red

Why do you think I have to get electro instead of laser?

>.>

ah

nvm

: (

i'm gonna look dum with brown hair and a red beard!

Well

I am a girl with brown hair and a red beard. So it could be worse for you :P

Though actually it's not red, it's white and clear and red and orange and blonde and and and

Basically the electrologist is putting a rainbow into the electric chair.

girls having red hair is fine

that's the double standard, men get mocked but girls are "red heads"

Actually red headed girls are rated as less desirable in psych studies! FUN FACT OF THE DAY THAT ISN'T FUN AT ALL

But also girls with red beard hair is a different thing altogether, unfortunately ><
    hmm
    Love working outdoors? Love working with your hands? We are looking for an individual to join our team in a local statuary manufacturing business. Responsibilities include casting, finishing, painting and loading concrete garden statuary. Must be able to lift 100 lbs and be in good physical condition. Willing to work weekends.

but $9/hour is not much for the toll that would take on my body, also I'm not in very good shape

Uh, don't you lift?
    Not for the past couple of years. I spot my dad when he does his chest, that's it.

she said, dreading the prospect of telling sarksus that the threesome might not happen after all.
    xlh6c3.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Syndalis
    The first thing my coworker said re: mah new glasses:
    "Those are pretty small for your face."

Returning. Getting "Oversized" clubmasters
    They looked fine from the angle, but yeah, it was borderline head-on.

Yeah, fuck it. I like the style. I'll go to a sunglass hut and pay the "I WANT IT NOW" premium.

Thats a change of opinion from last night.... did they grow on you?

Oh no. I still think they look like crap. Im sorry "I can tolerate the style"
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Registered User regular
    hmm

Uh, don't you lift?

Naw, still plenty muscular, but I don't have much stamina. I was tired after maybe two hours when I helped my brother move.
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

I think you meant to post this on Twitter.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    hmm

Uh, don't you lift?

Someone sounds disappointed
    y2jake215 on
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    @Syndalis
    The first thing my coworker said re: mah new glasses:
    "Those are pretty small for your face."

Returning. Getting "Oversized" clubmasters
    They looked fine from the angle, but yeah, it was borderline head-on.

Yeah, fuck it. I like the style. I'll go to a sunglass hut and pay the "I WANT IT NOW" premium.

clubmasters are great. i have a a pair of the tortoise/ gold ones that i like. i got the small ones since i have a narrow-ish head.

also you might like these persols. they are the ones i wear most of the time:

0x600.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000
    there's no more norse look than blonde hair and red beard
    xlh6c3.png
    My head hair is brown and sexy.

And apparently makes women jealous I learned yesterday. When two people told me that.
    hmm

Uh, don't you lift?

Anyone else feel that disturbance in the force?

Like a single Mim boner screaming in dissapointment...
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Registered User regular
    I wonder why my hair looks black when it's less than half an inch long or so.
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    there's no more norse look than blonde hair and red beard

I have some Nordic and a great deal of northern British ancestry so... yeah.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    hmm

Uh, don't you lift?

I', not! I'm just thinking he should change the photos on his profile if that is the case. He has muscular photos on his profile but he shows up and he's thin, it's going to throw girls off.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    think i'm gonna pull the trigger on a new imac

they're pretty sweet

im not up on the current mac vs pc debate, so whats the big draw for imacs these days?

they are slim and sexy and run os x

The top of the line one also has a pretty baller GPU, the fusion drive is a pretty neat idea (which is a lot like hybrid SSDs but rather different in execution), and DAT SCREEN.

Also, they last a long time without complaints. My 2010 model still plays every game I throw at it on near-high settings at 1080p, and the 32 gigs of RAM mean I never have to close anything unless I want to.

So here's the one I'm getting:

• 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
    • 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x8GB
    • 3TB Fusion Drive
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

also gonna put a win8 partition on it in case i want to play windows-only games

THIS IS GOING TO COST $3,000!

about that, yeah.

i considered doing the retina mbp instead, but i just don't have that much of a need for a mac laptop right now. i have to haul my company laptop with me on business travel anyways.

I've been considering an MBA, my little netbook doesn't quite chug as well as I want. I've been doing this hadoop training using my laptop all weekend and it failed out of a few jobs. That said it was a VM running on a little netbook so I guess it's expected for running big jobs but I was sad.
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Spore was the worst game

It was supposed to be the best game.

I was an idiot and paid MONEY for it.

It was very disappointing to say the least.

For the amount of hype about 'omg most complex game ever', it could practically have been pulled off in Flash.
    steam_sig.png
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular

isnt there an option on your user CP that you can turn on to nest them after so many levels?
    meat.jpg
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

All of my posts could or should bee posted on twitter
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.

they're pretty sweet

im not up on the current mac vs pc debate, so whats the big draw for imacs these days?

The top of the line one also has a pretty baller GPU, the fusion drive is a pretty neat idea (which is a lot like hybrid SSDs but rather different in execution), and DAT SCREEN.

Also, they last a long time without complaints. My 2010 model still plays every game I throw at it on near-high settings at 1080p, and the 32 gigs of RAM mean I never have to close anything unless I want to.

• 3TB Fusion Drive

about that, yeah.

i considered doing the retina mbp instead, but i just don't have that much of a need for a mac laptop right now. i have to haul my company laptop with me on business travel anyways.

Also, the Retina MBP, especially the 13" but also the 15", is in a weird place where the GPU struggles to keep up with the full weight of a graphics-heavy application.

It is a classic example of Apple Revision 1 products not being optimal. 2-3 generations from now it will be the flagship product they want it to be.

yeah i was thinking the exact same thing. the retina display is, i'm sure, taxing as hell on whatever gfx card they have in the thing for anything but the tamest applications. and running in non-native defeats the whole point.

i actually had similar concerns about the new imac being the first-gen redesign, but all the reviews i read said that it had no real engineering problems.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    No tracking information on my order?

Ugh come on third party sellers

I really wish amazon had the maschine in stock directly. Amazon prime ILU ;_;
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Where the fuck does the ginger hate come from? I only heard about on the internet (and cannot comprehend it).
    I've always been curious how my dad would look with a beard. He never lets it become one.

Only varying levels of razor sharp stubble.
    xlh6c3.png
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    when I worked at target you were basically coerced into any lift by yourself or you were a pussy

at wal mart nobody would lift a roll of toilet paper without supervision

the second philosophy is far better because who knows what injuries a bad lift coudl cause ten years from now

Unless you're a loader or unloader at Wal-Mart. Then you get to have stealth boxes come flying at your head. Or are expected to unload trucks under a certain time limit while severely short-staffed during a time when most of the truck load is stuff like heavy furniture. Or fun with hazardous spills. Or stuff loaded so poorly you're wondering how it hasn't fallen over on top of you already and all the injury concerns that come along with that.

Just, gr. GGRRRR....
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    red headed girls with green eyes is da bes
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    Where the fuck does the ginger hate come from? I only heard about on the internet (and cannot comprehend it).

South Park? They have no souls. That's the earliest I remember the no-soul comment, so.
    oh, before i go

shivahn

i have started work on getting my abs back after i horrified myself with the amount of titty shake i am capible of

i did like 30 situps (SHUT UP IT'S A START) and 10 pushups (ok yes that's pathetic)

so i can see this summer i have a mountain to climb to meet out 6 month abs time table

First of all

I am capable of more titty shake than you, so don't feel bad :P

Secondly yay! It doesn't matter how little you're doing, the fact that you're starting is important. Once you're in a habit of doing stuff like that it's all downhill.

So yes. Yay.

yes...

but you want the titty shake, i don't

i wish there was a way to donate my titty shake to you but alas there is not

This is why we need to develop technologies for body part markets.

The trans community would be so happy.

you can have my titty shake and i'll take your ability to grow facial hair

Haha

My uh

My facial hair is slightly damaged >.>

i'll take what i can get

90% of a fabulous red rainbow is still pretty good.

wait

no one said anything about red

Why do you think I have to get electro instead of laser?

>.>

ah

nvm

: (

i'm gonna look dum with brown hair and a red beard!

Well

I am a girl with brown hair and a red beard. So it could be worse for you :P

Though actually it's not red, it's white and clear and red and orange and blonde and and and

Basically the electrologist is putting a rainbow into the electric chair.

girls having red hair is fine

that's the double standard, men get mocked but girls are "red heads"

the way i look at it, ugly people of all stripes get mocked.

i don't know why we'd exempt ginger dudes from this.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    hmm

Uh, don't you lift?

Naw, still plenty muscular, but I don't have much stamina. I was tired after maybe two hours when I helped my brother move.

this is the best post ever made on american soil
    desc wrote: »
    No tracking information on my order?

Ugh come on third party sellers

I really wish amazon had the maschine in stock directly. Amazon prime ILU ;_;

It'll be worth the wait!
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    hmm

Uh, don't you lift?

I', not! I'm just thinking he should change the photos on his profile if that is the case. He has muscular photos on his profile but he shows up and he's thin, it's going to throw girls off.

Alright, alright. You talked your way out of this one

But I've got my eye on you mim
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I'm bored and only have two hours left. Haven't gotten any of the stuff I really wanted done this week done.

I'll get SSL working next week - moving to production got pushed back at least two weeks and probably will end up being two months.
    steam_sig.png

People being dicks to each other for no reason? Why I never.

isnt there an option on your user CP that you can turn on to nest them after so many levels?

It was on by default when we switched to Vanilla and it would hide quotes after the first one, it was very annoying.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

they're pretty sweet

• 3TB Fusion Drive

about that, yeah.

I've been considering an MBA, my little netbook doesn't quite chug as well as I want. I've been doing this hadoop training using my laptop all weekend and it failed out of a few jobs. That said it was a VM running on a little netbook so I guess it's expected for running big jobs but I was sad.

My Macbook Air, which is going on two years old, has an i7 with 4 gigs of RAM. The machine is quite a beast, considering its age and size.

I do plan on upgrading this year when Haswell comes out though. The jump from the Intel HD3000 to the Haswell GPU is going to be dramatic in terms of gaming performance... plus I want the 8 gig option for when I am shooping pixels.
    meat.jpg

All of my posts could or should bee posted on twitter

I'll follow you.
    #makeDunadanacelebrity
This discussion has been closed.