Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

confused old [chat]

• 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    [redacted]

Edit: i'm fucking depressed right now, i should not be posting.
    21stCentury on
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    So, will anyone (other than Winky) try my game out tonight?

Make a video game!

I don't know programming!

And I don't live in the grocery store but I still buy food from time to time.

dave_chappelle_san_Francisco_tickets_independent.jpg
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    This poor [chat] has been raised from the dead too many times.

It's come back wrong...

sometimes dead is better
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    What is dead may never die.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    In my imagination, 21st's redacted post was an expert condemnation of my video gaming ways and a stirring defense of all things tabletop.

I dropped my theoretical chalk not once but twice.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I gotta get up off my butt and work out. But I am le injured.

and I like food. Like a lot.
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Ia ia cthulhu fhtagn!

Ahem. Sorry, there's phlegm in my throat.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    i think it's time to craft some mines
    Lh96QHG.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    oh shit
    Join the Computer Technologies Department Tuesday, May 28th and Thursday, May 30th as Lindsay Lindstrom, Microsoft Local Technical Evangelist, conducts a free two-day workshop on application development on the Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows Phone platforms.

Upon completion of the workshop, you may be eligible for $100 through the Keep the Cash campaign!

See the attached flyer for more details. To register, email Craig Nelson at cnelson@ccp.edu. Space is limited and on a first-in, first-served basis.

my community college is actually doing something i want to do
    Organichu on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Ugh, i'm at the end of my rope here.

This might be my last post for a while.

i'm depressed and the one thing that would get me less depressed in the past, working on my game, is just... i dunno, It depresses me more. i don't know what i should do.

i'm usually buzzing with ideas and now... i just want to hunker down and deal with the one I can test out, but i just can't find people willing to test it and give me their opinion, something i really need because i'm not an expert in that stuff.

So i don't know what i should do right now. My last resort against depression just brings me more depression.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

It's come back wrong...

sometimes dead is better

Or how Lud lost his virginity.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I had all the appliances in the OP at one point of time. I may or may not still have one or two of those appliances.

What happened to you? You used to be cool

I... I got rid of the walkman.

How are you with carving butter?
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    I gotta get up off my butt and work out. But I am le injured.

and I like food. Like a lot.

right!?

that shit is ridiculously good.

and food when it is hot sometimes?! craziness

then you get stuff like sushi which can be cold and still taste good.

food is a wonder.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »

It's come back wrong...

sometimes dead is better

Or how Lud lost his virginity.

blood is a good lubricant but only if it's fresh

it gets sticky pretty fast

but luckily so do I
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular

i'm depressed and the one thing that would get me less depressed in the past, working on my game, is just... i dunno, It depresses me more. i don't know what i should do.

i'm usually buzzing with ideas and now... i just want to hunker down and deal with the one I can test out, but i just can't find people willing to test it and give me their opinion, something i really need because i'm not an expert in that stuff.

So i don't know what i should do right now. My last resort against depression just brings me more depression.

Stop posting and go for a walk.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I haven't offered because I won't be around until very late and I've only played one card game ever, ascension on the ipad.

And oh I played Gin a lot and crazy 8s when I was a kid. Probably some War, too.
    We won't count the naughty card game in the closet upstairs

Have you brought back the thread in CF?
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    aww man i just remembered i had an appointment with my therapist that I was supposed to cancel today.

crap crap crap.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

well trying to guilt trip people into helping you isn't gonna work
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I had all the appliances in the OP at one point of time. I may or may not still have one or two of those appliances.

I'm the fastest in town to have it on toast?
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Icy why did you single me out earlier!

The mods are a gossipy bunch, just like the rest of us. You should see what they say about me! :rotate:
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular

I'm the fastest in town to have it on toast?

I shall look forward to the toast Walkman
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!

I don't know what to tell you. The population of people who want to test-play in-progress card games over the internet is vanishingly small. If you need this thing playtested, you're going to have to either find a group of friends in real life who love tabletop stuff or you're going to have to take your ideas and make them into a turn-based online video game, which is something people would test with you online.

Expecting things to fall into place the way they are is unrealistic and if it's making you depressed, you need to at the very least adjust your expectations.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    I have to know... Do the rest of you find this logo as intensely disturbing as I do? Granted, whenever I see it, it's 10 feet tall and right next to my window...

photomay16144519.jpg
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    @21stCentury

I will try your card game. I'm unemployed, I need SOMETHING to do. Uh, except when I'm looking for jobs or preparing to apply to get my Master's.

Or you know, tumblin'.

but yeah, I'm free. Also, I suck at card games so if what you create is easy for me to latch on to, then it's idiot proof! 8D
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Geth open this thread

Let's all pour one out for @Irond Will's youth

fist.jpg

@IcyLiquid
    Run, Icy, before he breaks his hip at you!
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    I have no need to talk to you about your idiotic worldview later, MadCaddy.

Humans are not horses.

I'll be sure to forward your regards to PETA! ;)

that was directed at irond will and you felt to chime in on my view point again... Which you have never once gotten, which a truly awe inspiring, but meh whatever makes you feel like your little life has more meaning. You unique snowflake you. :-*
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Google is letting me try their new Google Maps design.

THAT MEANS I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU.
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular

You should go do other things. Active things. Then you should build some decks for people to playtest.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    I have to know... Do the rest of you find this logo as intensely disturbing as I do? Granted, whenever I see it, it's 10 feet tall and right next to my window...

photomay16144519.jpg

YES! I have always found that logo to be extremely troubling. It's like the logo for a cabal of villains from captain planet!
    dkmouthsig.png
    But apparently I can only use Lite mode, which doesn't include integrated Google Earth and other 3D stuff, because I'm not running Mountain Lion
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    I need more good natured acknowledgements that I can give to my direct supervisor over Skype

I've exhausted "Okay, thanks!" "Great!" "Sounds good!" and "No problem!"

help
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Google is letting me try their new Google Maps design.

THAT MEANS I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU.
    in much the same way that the KFC test store in the midwest offering the MEGALEG™ is to show the community that KFC appreciates them
    Per3th.jpg
    I like that logo a lot

there is something comforting about seeing something so thoroughly covered in viscous red fluid.

photomay16144519.jpg

YES! I have always found that logo to be extremely troubling. It's like the logo for a cabal of villains from captain planet!
    I know! Who in the hell thought that would be a good marketing decision? It doesn't help that it's red. Nightmare fuel caught halfway between smothering the world in paint and drowning it in blood.
    I need more good natured acknowledgements that I can give to my direct supervisor over Skype

help

indubitably

help

"My dick is bursting with enthusiasm for that idea, sir/ma'am!"
    Lh96QHG.png
    Minecraft doesn't hold the sway it once did over me. Time was I could spend hours building a 1:1 replica of local buildings.

Now I spend five minutes digging a trench and I'm spent. Someone gave me a copy of Terraria, but I can't really get into it like I did the other.
    Lh96QHG.png
    Also, the map drawing is slower

the UI is cool though