Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

confused old [chat]

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I need more good natured acknowledgements that I can give to my direct supervisor over Skype

I've exhausted "Okay, thanks!" "Great!" "Sounds good!" and "No problem!"

help

"You really juiced my mind grapes with that one, boss."
    Robos A Go Go on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    I need more good natured acknowledgements that I can give to my direct supervisor over Skype

help

"You really juiced my mind grapes with one, boss."

wow
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I went on a really fun exploration of the Great Underdark in minecraft last night (on my server, PM if you want deets).

Was looking for gold to finish a powered rail line. Ended up with over 300 iron, 23 gold, bout 80 lapis, 6 emeralds and far too much redstone.

Was wandering through a network of very narrow, tall carverns that stretched down to near bedrock.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Minecraft doesn't hold the sway it once did over me. Time was I could spend hours building a 1:1 replica of local buildings.

Now I spend five minutes digging a trench and I'm spent. Someone gave me a copy of Terraria, but I can't really get into it like I did the other.

I felt that Kerbal Space Program scratched that itch pretty well, maybe try that?
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    Minecraft doesn't hold the sway it once did over me. Time was I could spend hours building a 1:1 replica of local buildings.

Now I spend five minutes digging a trench and I'm spent. Someone gave me a copy of Terraria, but I can't really get into it like I did the other.

I felt that Kerbal Space Program scratched that itch pretty well, maybe try that?

I have heard good things. I might just.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    INCOMING ENEMY FROM THE REAR
    dkmouthsig.png
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    INCOMING ENEMY FROM THE REAR

This is all kinds of awesome to say out of context. :D
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

help

Just start quoting Starfox 64.

"Roger general!"
    "Yes sir"
    "Affirmative general!"
    "I'll do my best. Andross won’t have his way with me."

DO A BARREL ROLL
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    2011-05-27-The-Making-Of-Mediocrity.jpg

this is the best whomp! btw fyi hth
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular

help

Si, El Jefe.
    Yes! For the Emperor!
    Fo shizzle, my nizzle.
    Jawohl Mein Führer!
    You lead, I’ll follow!
    01001111 01100110 0100000 01100011 01101111 01110101 01110010 01110011 01100101 0100001
    Yes, my liege!
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    No @surrealitycheck and no @spacekungfuman has made chat very boring, depressing place. Just wanted to, leave this for their vanity/let them know I'm thinking of them. Back to race 5 I go.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

help

Si, El Jefe.
    Yes! For the Emperor!
    Fo shizzle, my nizzle.
    Jawohl Mein Führer!
    You lead, I’ll follow!
    01001111 01100110 0100000 01100011 01101111 01110101 01110010 01110011 01100101 0100001
    Yes, my liege!

Just look up the unit responses for move commands in WarCraft 3 or something, it's a gold mine!
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    2013-05-15-Money-Troubles.jpg
    Lh96QHG.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

help

Gotcha
    Uh huh
    Sure
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    WhompGangnam.png
    "I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it."

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Registered User regular
    jstor is not being very helpful wrt my curiosity about the decline of the federalist party

though part of that is not having access through a college

hmmm
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

help

Si, El Jefe.
    Yes! For the Emperor!
    Fo shizzle, my nizzle.
    Jawohl Mein Führer!
    You lead, I’ll follow!
    Yes, my liege!

There are some seven bit units in there! I can't parse it!

And yes, I was doing that for fun. Work is boring.
    I think @BeNarwhal is right and I'm turning into a computer. And once again cannot parse simple things.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    It's loading the sex scene
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular

help

:lol::lol: That is... creative, to say the least

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    I have to know... Do the rest of you find this logo as intensely disturbing as I do? Granted, whenever I see it, it's 10 feet tall and right next to my window...

photomay16144519.jpg

YES! I have always found that logo to be extremely troubling. It's like the logo for a cabal of villains from captain planet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwxl_-DHqKo

Either that or it's the savior of us all.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @Shivahn

BBC Radio 4 did an episode of Analysis which is kind of a "what is the present state of the transgenderism/feminism debate in the UK" with a bit of background on the availability of the associated medical services over here. I don't know if you are interested but there is a podcast download.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rbrtd

EDIT: Page has a large image of Richard O'Brien in a dress if that is not going to be work-safe for people
    japan on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

help
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot have you tried

"Yeah."
    "Alright."
    "Ok."
    "Yeh."
    "Hmm."
    "Right."
    DasUberEdward on
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Jean wrote: »

help

:lol::lol: That is... creative, to say the least

It's from 30 Rock. A show you (and everyone ever) should watch.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @ludious

After reading your postings I've decided you're a deeply dark individual.

Also, apparently you're someone who can comment on what is involved/is it worth it to get CISCO certed as I'm looking at a career in the field if possible (going back to school and all that).
    EriktheVikingGamer on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i think. for some reason. the picture of that lady made me make an audible sound of uh i don't want to call it a moan but.

does this mean i'm a gay.

(this is okay if it does.)
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    i think. for some reason. the picture of that lady made me make an audible sound of uh i don't want to call it a moan but.

It's a picture of a lady, you are a dude?

I am not seeing any gayness in this scenario, Mr. Edward.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    i like the wordplay with definition
    a++ would pensi again
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    My dog makes the best pillow.
    japan wrote: »
    Shivahn

BBC Radio 4 did an episode of Analysis which is kind of a "what is the present state of the transgenderism/feminism debate in the UK" with a bit of background on the availability of the associated medical services over here. I don't know if you are interested but there is a podcast download.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rbrtd

EDIT: Page has a large image of Richard O'Brien in a dress if that is not going to be work-safe for people

Cool! Thanks for sharing.
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

It's a picture of a lady, you are a dude?

I am not seeing any gayness in this scenario, Mr. Edward.

No, it's totally gay.

Better get your Bette Midler tickets now, due.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!

help
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot have you tried

"Yeah."
    "Alright."
    "Ok."
    "Yeh."
    "Hmm."
    "Right."

It's stuff like this why I would never be able to hack it with a 9-5.
    Mim wrote: »
    IG]Oh SNAP

Damn.

Mim, I may just go seek to get that stalker approval after all. ^.^
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    @ludious

Also, apparently you're someone who can comment on what is involved/is it worth it to get CISCO certed as I'm looking at a career in the field if possible (going back to school and all that).

Don't compliment him like this!

LUDIOUS, YOU ARE THE WORST

THIS IS YOU

death_ponies.png

Help! Help!

I'm being oppressed.
    edited May 2013
    @ludious

Don't compliment him like this!

LUDIOUS, YOU ARE THE WORST

FILE FOOTAGE OF LUDIOUS
    death_ponies.png

Yeah, that's me. What's new?
    EriktheVikingGamer on