Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

confused old [chat]

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    meeting in 15 minutes, then in another 30 then lunch then another.

We're ya comin out tonight Duna

we needed some sneaky folks :P

SC2 : nexuscrawler.381
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    srs guys.

I'm dancing so much in my chair right now.

It's unpossibru to not move to this song.
    archer2.png
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    humming soulblazer's temple of light
    Games seem unusual in their commitment to schedules and release dates. It really shows too. Other commercial software is more or less in constant development. Games seem to be the only software subset were it's totally ok to shit out a product thats months away from actually be complete then forgetting about it.
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    In Fable III, you have to pay to repair the houses you rent out every once in a while. There is no "repair all" option so you have to click on the individual houses on the map to repair them, even if you have dozens of houses. How did that get past the design phase?

If you have the PC version, you can zoom out on the town map, and a repair all button will appear.

If you have a console version, you are sad and I've no desire to speak with you further.
    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    meeting in 15 minutes, then in another 30 then lunch then another.

We're ya comin out tonight Duna

we needed some sneaky folks :P

yup, I'll be there....

but you'll never see me comin
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
    I'm playin Far Cry

stabbing dudes inb the jungle is pretty much the whole game. I likes
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    I'm playin Far Cry

Blood Dragon.

BLOOD DRAGON.
    archer2.png
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    In Fable III, you have to pay to repair the houses you rent out every once in a while. There is no "repair all" option so you have to click on the individual houses on the map to repair them, even if you have dozens of houses. How did that get past the design phase?

If you have the PC version, you can zoom out on the town map, and a repair all button will appear.

If you have a console version, you are sad and I've no desire to speak with you further.

What if it came with your XBox for free?
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Sucks that the best part of Revengence (Mistral boss fight) happens so early in the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7_ZTha9uK4
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    Hmm. Okay. I have a function that maps x to y. I want to calculate y for a range of values of x, then print out the pair of y and x where y is maximized.

Hmm.
    Games seem unusual in their commitment to schedules and release dates. It really shows too. Other commercial software is more or less in constant development. Games seem to be the only software subset were it's totally ok to shit out a product thats months away from actually be complete then forgetting about it.

That's less true of PC games, especially the more popular ones that can actually afford to keep a small team working on it. I've seen plenty of patches in my day.

On consoles, they have to pay $Texas for a patch and don't get anything for it, so unless it's a really huge game or a really huge problem where a patch might influence a ton more people to buy it, it's not cost effective. But patching for consoles is new to this generation, anyway.
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    I'm playin Far Cry

Blood Dragon.

BLOOD DRAGON.

When I finish the main game probably :P
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Hmm. Okay. I have a function that maps x to y. I want to calculate y for a range of values of x, then print out the pair of y and x where y is maximized.

Hmm.

Know anything special about the function? Is it a polynomial? Is it differentiable?
    dkmouthsig.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    is talking with yourself crazier than dancing with yourself?
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    holy shit

annoying guy is being really annoying today

my patience is cracking

SHUT THE FUCK UP ANNOYING GUY

WHAT FUCKING PART OF YOU THINKS IT'S COOL TO SIT AND WHISTLE ALL DAY IN A ROOM WITH OTHER PEOPLE TRYING TO WORK

AAAAAGH
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.

Hmm.

Know anything special about the function? Is it a polynomial? Is it differentiable?

Oh, I don't need the exact value, in this context I'm allowed to just test 100 values of x and pick the highest y. The concept is simple. Implementing it in R is hard. I keep thinking of loops instead of vectors.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    penis penis penis penis
    our city just got it's first green parking electric car charging station.
    they're only charging $1 for 2 hours parking (non-profit just covering electricity charges).
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    metal gear revengeanceinger coming to the pc is good. bayonetta on pc plz so scheck stops harassing me for not having playing it
    Also I am too sleepy to think of what is undoubtedly an obvious solution, so if you know it, please yell.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    P10 wrote: »
    metal gear revengeanceinger coming to the pc is good. bayonetta on pc plz so scheck stops harassing me for not having playing it

Never going to happen, seriously never.

What we really need on PC is Vanquish.
    bloodyroarxx on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Post surgery Whomp is the best Whomp.
    edited May 2013
    Which.max() over the vector of y produced by a vectorized form of F, performed on the vector of input X.

which gives me the index, which I save, and then plug into y[index] and x[index]. Okay.
    ronya on
    i do not want to go to prison for 20 years
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    casual

be the hero

who asks the guy to please stop whistling
    casual

be the hero

casual

be the hero

loop
    [
    (test each temp-x and get a temp-y)
    (in each loop, test if temp-y > max-y, then max-y=temp-y and max-x=temp-x)
    ]
    print max-x, max-y

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Post surgery Whomp is the best Whomp.

I had that "oh god what if the IV starts feeding air into me" fear too.
    casual

be the hero

if i thought that would work and not just make him adopt a shitty attitude with me while continuing to whistle i would have already done it

besides how could you not know that it's annoying for everyone else

clearly he simply gives no fucks
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    I was so close to changing my avatar and signature to mimic Ronya, but I was afraid someone would post before I got done.
    haven't used r in a longass time, don't think I used it outside of one class' weekly labs
    casual

be the hero

who whistles in harmony with the guy
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    casual

be the hero

I did that with the guy who kept humming here at work. A few weeks after that he got moved. Now we just found out he's put in his 2 weeks notice and is moving to Ottawa.
    t7zsk1.jpg
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    This may be best vacation.

I have run over ten miles on a beautiful sandy beach barefoot, relaxed in a hot tub every day, eaten steak and seafood every night, and have probably lost weight, even with the drinking of scotch in the hot tub.

Also, despite spending a bunch of time in the sun, I don't think I burned.

Best vacation.
    meat.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

Odds are he's a cop and Theresa May will send you down for life life.
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    The lawful evil solution would be to whistle noticeably louder than the other guy so that he is shamed into silence
    Eddy on
    Start whistling dueling banjoes and see if the other guy joins in.
    i'm not a violent person

i don't get in fights, i don't act tough or think i am tough

none of that shit

but right now in my minds eye i can see myself punching this guy in the face until my fist explodes out the back of his head in a fountain of gore and brain matter

i can feel the sensation

it's vivid
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013