Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

confused old [chat]

• ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    yeah it is called a sting, not a rimshot

@Elldren can't sleep : /

no

I want to talk to @desc about stuff that happened tonight!

there are so many ways it can work out and I feel the need to try and map it at least to such a degree that it doesn't tear apart the entire game

I guess I don't really feel that it has to be a problem going forward

it's obviously in character for Aurie, and I think it fits what we know of Eli so far, especially how she lets her control drop as soon as he gets drunk/high/otherwise in an altered state

would one or either of them have to be mad or resentful about it in such a way that it made their future interactions impossible or unpleasant or derails the game? I don't see why. and I don't think it need affect their relationship with the rest of the gang. BJ probably doesn't care, Sinon would not be surprised at all and probably had already figured out the odds of it happening, and Goldman isn't in the picture yet chronologically

@jacobkosh

BJ would likely have slight disapproval along the lines of dipping in the company inkwell as applied to the cabal. But it would be the kind of slight disapproval he wouldn't comment on.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    its amazing how the things that annoy the annoying guy into silence are things i find significantly less annoying than him

theres a car alarm going off now and it's music to my fucking ears because it's shut the whistler up
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Oh man you guys. I made some bomb-ass nachos.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I woke up to the most disturbing and depressing thing today.

Before going to bed, I had put up a Steam Trading card on the Steam Marketplace. Someone actually bought it for over a dollar. real money. spent on a fake trading card...

So depressing.

You are complicit in that transaction.

I know, i am a monster! Don't look at me!
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    "working" (HEH) from home today, monday off

just had a hot shower, scrubbed my gooch and washed my hair

probably gonna order a pizza today

#fivefigureballer
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular

#fivefigureballer

I have Monday

AND

Tuesday off
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    :B
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Sooooo anybody wanna help me with CSS. And by help me I basically mean write it for me. I use squarespace for my blog. It's easy and I like it. I know real devs hate Squarespace because you are so locked in. This is both what helps me, and is currently hurting me. I want an image navbar for my site. The -only- way to accomplish this in squarespace is by adding CSS to the page as their templates are locked down. But like, I don't know CSS at all. I understand how to read code well enough that I could adjust the size parameters and margins of the code but you know, not actually writing the code.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • override367override367 Registered User regular

#fivefigureballer

go buy like thirty kittens
    i win. i have all the days off.

Until August.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    @ErikTheVikingGamer

sorry, I didn't even touch my computer after I got home from work last night. Cisco Certification is great as an initiative check Vs HR, but be prepared to set up your own little network with a cisco router if you really want to learn/study for it, unless you are lucky enough to have access to a real one you can play with. Also keep in mind that Cisco Certifications are not nearly as rare as they used to be so, despite their legendary status, don't think they are a "get a job free card" because they're not.

Also this is where I tell you that I.T. Security is waaaaay more popular now and you should focus on security certifications like the Security+, CISSP, etc.

I don't know what the context is, and this info is a few years old, but back when I was doing Cisco stuff I was told by a few people that Voice was the way to go for Cisco certs.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    NNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST

Read this as incest

Either way when you put that quote with that avatar it enters its own dimension of scary.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City

Until August.

21st, you need to make a schedule and plan for yourself right now. I am concerned about you as you are already having trouble with depression. Inactivity makes depression way worse. You need to pull the nose of that plane up right the fuck now before you're spiraling too much to control it. Find things to do. I am not giving you an option here.
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I remember waking up after getting my wisdom teeth out and feeling like I was violently going to vomit. I told the nurse and she gave me something in a drip and in like, three seconds I didn't feel sick at all. Fucking science.
    Tav on
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    God damn, everything in the world that could possibly have gone wrong with this new client has gone wrong.

They told us email was off-site; it was on their old server (Exchange 2003).

The new PC's Office 2013 can't connect to Exchange 2003.

The other PC is XP and can't run Office 2013, and its existing Office 2003 can't connect to their new O365 setup.

They have a complex email journaling and forwarding system that they totally neglected to tell us about, which is now broken.

Somehow one of the workstations held onto a drive mapping to the old server, meaning that a person was working with a different set of files all yesterday.

Christ
    eokNV.jpg
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    I too felt an earthquake a little while ago

I thought it was the couple next door having particularly interesting sex
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Hunh, Sochi is...

... A tropical resort, basically?
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Eddy wrote: »

seems like it was a 5.0 just west of Ottawa

well either that or the aftermath is Cass scrubbing her "gooch" as she put it.
    bloodyroarxx on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular

sorry took a massive shit.
    ill warn you next time.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    yeah it is called a sting, not a rimshot

@Elldren can't sleep : /

no

I want to talk to @desc about stuff that happened tonight!

there are so many ways it can work out and I feel the need to try and map it at least to such a degree that it doesn't tear apart the entire game

I guess I don't really feel that it has to be a problem going forward

it's obviously in character for Aurie, and I think it fits what we know of Eli so far, especially how she lets her control drop as soon as he gets drunk/high/otherwise in an altered state

would one or either of them have to be mad or resentful about it in such a way that it made their future interactions impossible or unpleasant or derails the game? I don't see why. and I don't think it need affect their relationship with the rest of the gang. BJ probably doesn't care, Sinon would not be surprised at all and probably had already figured out the odds of it happening, and Goldman isn't in the picture yet chronologically

@jacobkosh

BJ would likely have slight disapproval along the lines of dipping in the company inkwell as applied to the cabal. But it would be the kind of slight disapproval he wouldn't comment on.

I am not sure what I think yet. The idea had never even crossed my mind during the campaign so I am not really sure what my verdict is.

Re: characterization, I think for Eli it's not even about self-control while not being baseline it's that when she goes full oracle mode her brain goes super gamma waves and simultaneously there's not a lot of "no" because she's just taking everything in as a conduit.

Having said that I guess I would have assumed she did not at all look at Aurelia that way so we will debate the merits after I tidy it and do the write up.

In the meantime I had this silver mt. Zion song looping the whole time they were doing the spell and now I am listening to it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQZfGa5t4e8

I get in a weird mood sometimes where I can only handle the warbles in this song and nothing else.

@thomamelas
    desc on

Until August.

21st, you need to make a schedule and plan for yourself right now. I am concerned about you as you are already having trouble with depression. Inactivity makes depression way worse. You need to pull the nose of that plane up right the fuck now before you're spiraling too much to control it. Find things to do. I am not giving you an option here.

I can't, i don't feel like doing anything and everything i do try turns into a disaster right now.

I'm already spiraling too much out of control. :(
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    *groans*

i have a headache kicking in
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8BuReehldo

@desc

Yesssss
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Whatever happened to that 20-something Republican chick who was running for state office in the New York City area, the one with the pink glitter webpage and an archery hobby because of Hunger Games?

Is she in Congress yet?
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    I think I should watch this adventure time show

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
    Whatever happened to that 20-something Republican chick who was running for state office in the New York City area, the one with the pink glitter webpage and an archery hobby because of Hunger Games?

Is she in Congress yet?

You haven't been following the news?

She became President.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular

Is everyone freaking out? You got dogs? That's the best part.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    scrolling through page

see silver mt zion

be happy

Until August.

I can't, i don't feel like doing anything and everything i do try turns into a disaster right now.

Start with going for a walk every day.

Until August.

Start with going for a walk every day.

I work out everyday.

It doesn't do shit to improve my mood.
    Gonna let [chat] decide: Play Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI or Plok!

Is Plok that game about the character who's Rayman with Limbs?
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Geth roll 1d2 Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI or Plok.

EDIT: Well, there ya go.
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    How do you tell someone that they should make sure their future plans don't rely on you being with them without making them feel like you don't feel the same way? Like... just trying to offer some smart realist advice? I'm not sure how to do that kinda thing without hurting feelings.
    archer2.png

Is Plok that game about the character who's Rayman with Limbs?

I must point out that Plok came out before any of the Rayman games.
    I thought Of that image and couldn't get it out if my head without sharing. Songs not irrelevant I suppose.
    Tav wrote: »
    scrolling through page

see silver mt zion

be happy

Tav what are good releases recently

I bought Elder - spires burn but I don't like the vocals at all
    High priest of Saturn s/t which is fine. Groovy metal stuff with an appropriate female vocalist
    Cough/windhand - reflection of the negative which is alright but I dunno.

I got those kind of randomly based on amazon clips because i thought I was maybe in a doom mood. Which I might be!

I want slower murky wall-of-sound death mostly. Like post-incantation or whatever you would call that style.
    You guys gotta admit; that's an awesome album cover right there.