Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

confused old [chat]

• 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Gonna let [chat] decide: Play Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI or Plok!

Is Plok that game about the character who's Rayman with Limbs?

I must point out that Plok came out before any of the Rayman games.

Yeah, i know. Ubisoft are great at stealing characters. Did you know they stole Assassin's Creed from a not-very-well-known-author?
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    @ErikTheVikingGamer

sorry, I didn't even touch my computer after I got home from work last night. Cisco Certification is great as an initiative check Vs HR, but be prepared to set up your own little network with a cisco router if you really want to learn/study for it, unless you are lucky enough to have access to a real one you can play with. Also keep in mind that Cisco Certifications are not nearly as rare as they used to be so, despite their legendary status, don't think they are a "get a job free card" because they're not.

Also this is where I tell you that I.T. Security is waaaaay more popular now and you should focus on security certifications like the Security+, CISSP, etc.

Thanks for the response! I'll definitely look into security. I need some kind of job that isn't data entry or retail that I can actually pursue a career in and enjoy. :P

I could pretty much hand someone a job if they had a clearance, CISSP, and the ability to tie their shoes without assistance.
    sig.gif
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular

Yeah, i know. Ubisoft are great at stealing characters. Did you know they stole Assassin's Creed from a not-very-well-known-author?

And Angel totally had a hidden blade (stake) before it was cool.
    archer2.png
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    @ErikTheVikingGamer

sorry, I didn't even touch my computer after I got home from work last night. Cisco Certification is great as an initiative check Vs HR, but be prepared to set up your own little network with a cisco router if you really want to learn/study for it, unless you are lucky enough to have access to a real one you can play with. Also keep in mind that Cisco Certifications are not nearly as rare as they used to be so, despite their legendary status, don't think they are a "get a job free card" because they're not.

Also this is where I tell you that I.T. Security is waaaaay more popular now and you should focus on security certifications like the Security+, CISSP, etc.

Thanks for the response! I'll definitely look into security. I need some kind of job that isn't data entry or retail that I can actually pursue a career in and enjoy. :P

I could pretty much hand someone a job if they had a clearance, CISSP, and the ability to tie their shoes without assistance.

if only you weren't in the states

i would be offering you oral sex right now
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

I'm looking at that, and it kinda sounds like it's a guy who decided to sue Ubisoft because he had written a book that had some vague similarities and he wanted cash or fame.
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    fstatsearch.png

Hmm.

Larger values of the F-statistic are better. The peak is distributed ~supF, and I have a critical value here of .... 5.38 :rotate:
    @ErikTheVikingGamer

What kind of salary are we looking at here?
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    i can't tease Ronya for posting crazy things in [chat] today because i have posted borderline psycotic things in [chat] today

what an annoyance
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    I woke up to the most disturbing and depressing thing today.

Before going to bed, I had put up a Steam Trading card on the Steam Marketplace. Someone actually bought it for over a dollar. real money. spent on a fake trading card...

So depressing.

what makes a trading card real?
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    ronya wrote: »
    fstatsearch.png

Hmm.

Larger values of the F-statistic are better. The peak is distributed ~supF, and I have a critical value here of .... 5.38 :rotate:

If you use small enough values of the F-statistic, the trend reverses. Drop it far enough, and the peak will be distributed ~strF with a critical value of 5.69
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    @ErikTheVikingGamer

What kind of salary are we looking at here?

Don't really know; it's not my department.
    sig.gif
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    GAH! So many popups of people referring to me!
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
    fstatsearch.png

Hmm.

If you use small enough values of the F-statistic, the trend reverses. Drop it far enough, and the peak will be distributed ~strF with a critical value of 5.69

I could restrict it to -0.21 to -0.1, which would always find the -0.2 peak, but I can actually put a loose interpretation on the earlier, bigger peak so it doesn't matter.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Man I hope Publix has some Inarizushi today. They told me I could call up and they'd male sure they'd have some on the shelf but I would feel stupid calling up a grocery store like that >.>

@EriktheVikingGamer
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    P10 wrote: »
    surrealitycheck is in a boner induced coma and wanted you all to know

i however am cleaning my keyboard and oh god it is gross
    Can you clean SC's while you are at it? It looks like it is coverd in dried...
    tragically i am a colonial. furthermore my space bar is fucked up fffffffffff
    P10 on
    fstatsearch.png

Hmm.

I could restrict it to -0.21 to -0.1, which would always find the -0.2 peak, but I can actually put a loose interpretation on the earlier, bigger peak so it doesn't matter.

Try -0.7 to -0.65 and throw in a tiered stochastic optimitron for better values.
    hmm critical value for the -0.2 to -0.1 bit is only 6.2ish. That's a little low.
    Does anyone else see the irony that @EriktheVikingGamer demands we stop notifying him, and has Barbara Streisand as his title?
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    @ErikTheVikingGamer

How hard is CISSP? I mean, I have shit credit and a stupid thingy from '00 that shows up on a criminal background check, so... clearances are going to be slightly tricky, but that's stuff I can deal with eventually.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    it clears everything except m1 to gdp

huh.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Really, that's there as a reference to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eT0nZUROQ8

I didn't even know about something called the "Streisand effect". Shows what I know.
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    redx wrote: »
    @ErikTheVikingGamer

How hard is CISSP? I mean, I have shit credit and a stupid thingy from '00 that shows up on a criminal background check, so... clearances are going to be slightly tricky, but that's stuff I can deal with eventually.

Clearances are forgiving to an extent. If something was 13 years ago, it's not going to matter much unless it was really really big. The credit isn't important on its own, it's part of getting a bigger picture on your finances. If you can pay your bills and aren't in huge debt, that's good enough.

I'm not going to pry or anything, just food for though.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Morning buttz.
    I am bored with vacation.
    Can I come home yet?
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    so aram is ok but it's no midwars. this is what i have discovered.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    For real though, I had a bottle of tequila on top of a tall shelf

If I come home and it has shattered

I will be displeased with the tectonic spirits
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    @ErikTheVikingGamer

Even a TS/SCI is only going to go back about 10 years I believe, so I wouldn't be worried about that, it's that unless you're in or fresh out of the military or really young it usually takes a REALLY long time for it to get processed so people don't wanna pick you up unless you've already been investigated.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Does anyone else see the irony that EriktheVikingGamer demands we stop notifying him, and has Barbara Streisand as his title?

yeah it's kinda like rain on your wedding day
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    CISSP is knowledge regurgitation plain and simple. Get a Book, I recommend this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/CISSP-Study-Guide-Eric-Conrad/dp/1597495638

RE: Clearance

If it's a felony, you're fucked. If it's a misdemeanor, as long as you accurately report it you are probably fine. Unless it's drug possession then you have no other choice than to answer "yes" to using illicit substances. But that's still not necessarily the end of the story, but I wouldn't hold my breath, unless it was before you were 18 years old, which you don't even have to list.

Shitty credit? As long as it is not a federally subsidized loan that you are defaulting/ed on, it's not much to worry about.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Morning buttz.
    Can I come home yet?

what is this.

what is this.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    When I had three weeks off over winter break I ended up really missing my work.

I imagine when I get a month off in the summer (getting paid to study Japanese is a fancy city, ololol) I will be jonesing to get back home to work something fierce.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    See!

And everyone went all crazy on me for not wanting to go on vacation!
    archer2.png
    edited May 2013
    CISSP is knowledge regurgitation plain and simple. Get a Book, I recommend this one:

If it's a felony, you're fucked. If it's a misdemeanor, as long as you accurately report it you are probably fine. Unless it's drug possession then you have no other choice than to answer "yes" to using illicit substances. But that's still not necessarily the end of the story, but I wouldn't hold my breath, unless it was before you were 18 years old, which you don't even have to list.

Shitty credit? As long as it is not a federally subsidized loan that you are defaulting/ed on, it's not much to worry about.

How much and what kind of coding do I need to know (as far as the actual job is concerned)? I haven't stared at code since high school (so almost a decade).
    EriktheVikingGamer on

I openly admitted to using pot when doing my clearance investigations. Got my Secret without a problem, and they're still working on my Top Secret without it being a problem. Friends of mine have done worse and have clearances. According to some Department of Justice form I got when filling out my TS, it's not a deal breaker, unless it's DEA (for DEA, pot is still okay).
    spool32 wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Morning buttz.
    Can I come home yet?

what is this.

what is this.

There's children throwing snowballs here instead of throwing heads.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular

How much and what kind of coding do I need to know? I haven't stared at code since high school (so almost a decade).

dude CISSP is i.t. security protocols. Understanding the 10 domains of I.T. security. An English Major could become a CISSP.

The only disadvantage you'll have is that you can only be a CISSP associate until you've worked in an I.T. position within one of the 10 domains for 7 years.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular

keen thanks.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.

How much and what kind of coding do I need to know? I haven't stared at code since high school (so almost a decade).

dude CISSP is i.t. security protocols. Understanding the 10 domains of I.T. security. An English Major could become a CISSP.

The only disadvantage you'll have is that you can only be a CISSP associate until you've worked in an I.T. position within one of the 10 domains for 7 years.

Wow really? I thought it would be a little more involved than that.
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular