Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

confused old [chat]

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    CISSP is knowledge regurgitation plain and simple. Get a Book, I recommend this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/CISSP-Study-Guide-Eric-Conrad/dp/1597495638

RE: Clearance

If it's a felony, you're fucked. If it's a misdemeanor, as long as you accurately report it you are probably fine. Unless it's drug possession then you have no other choice than to answer "yes" to using illicit substances. But that's still not necessarily the end of the story, but I wouldn't hold my breath, unless it was before you were 18 years old, which you don't even have to list.

Shitty credit? As long as it is not a federally subsidized loan that you are defaulting/ed on, it's not much to worry about.

How much and what kind of coding do I need to know? I haven't stared at code since high school (so almost a decade).

dude CISSP is i.t. security protocols. Understanding the 10 domains of I.T. security. An English Major could become a CISSP.

The only disadvantage you'll have is that you can only be a CISSP associate until you've worked in an I.T. position within one of the 10 domains for 7 years.

Wow really? I thought it would be a little more involved than that.

Certifications, especially lower level ones, are super easy.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    I should've done JET or something.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    CISSP is knowledge regurgitation plain and simple. Get a Book, I recommend this one:

If it's a felony, you're fucked. If it's a misdemeanor, as long as you accurately report it you are probably fine. Unless it's drug possession then you have no other choice than to answer "yes" to using illicit substances. But that's still not necessarily the end of the story, but I wouldn't hold my breath, unless it was before you were 18 years old, which you don't even have to list.

Shitty credit? As long as it is not a federally subsidized loan that you are defaulting/ed on, it's not much to worry about.

How much and what kind of coding do I need to know? I haven't stared at code since high school (so almost a decade).

dude CISSP is i.t. security protocols. Understanding the 10 domains of I.T. security. An English Major could become a CISSP.

The only disadvantage you'll have is that you can only be a CISSP associate until you've worked in an I.T. position within one of the 10 domains for 7 years.

Wow really? I thought it would be a little more involved than that.

The "catch" with the CISSP is the vetting process. Passing the test is only the first step. When you pass, you become an associate. You do not get to call yourself a CISSP until another CISSP vets you, and it requires proof that you've worked in a position within one of the 10 domains for 7 years.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »

keen thanks.
    From my understanding clearance is less about things you've done, and more about things you've denied doing.

Cos if you've denied doing something you can be blackmailed.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I love how everything I bought last week is on sale this week.
    Damn you all.

@EriktheVikingGamer
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    Amazon, why you gotta hate on my Pawnee residence?

@TTODewback
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Damn you all.

@EriktheVikingGamer

May your wallet be forever empty
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Morning buttz.
    I am bored with vacation.
    Can I come home yet?

what is this.

what is this.

I'm bored and the drinks suck.
    There's only so much "drink and swim in this location" okay now "drink and swim in this location" that can be done before drinking, swimming and nature become passé.

Wtb ticket home
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Morning buttz.
    Can I come home yet?

what is this.

what is this.

There's only so much "drink and swim in this location" okay now "drink and swim in this location" that can be done before drinking, swimming and nature become passé.

Wtb ticket home

You could drink and fish.

Or drink and bowl.

Or drink and masturbate.

Or drink, wait a little while, and drink some more.
    Lh96QHG.png
    Morning buttz.
    Can I come home yet?

what is this.

what is this.

Wtb ticket home

You could drink and fish.

Or drink and bowl.

Or drink and masturbate.

Or drink, wait a little while, and drink some more.

Start combining them.

Sex bowling on a fishing vessel.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Damn you all.

I've been doing a really good job of not buying things frivolously off amazon. Last thing I bought was a dremel on may 1st which is totally an important tool I've used to build things and is therefore not frivolous. No I totally couldn't have just used my full-size cordless drill and jigsaw instead, don't be ridiculous.

This is a substantial improvement since I had about 8 orders in april, things ranging in usefulness from a mattress for my new apartment to a proto man hat
    41OrWH9Bm2L.jpg

TehSloth on
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Today's agenda is set.
    Wife is at pool while I am drinking beer on the balcony and poasting in the shade..

Then we're taking a boat to another beach...
    We're meeting friends at a beach bar at 2...
    Then we're going to another cliff side bar at 4...

I just wanna watch Hulu on my phone in the AC. I'm spent
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    have known civilians with multiple DUI charges while having a clearance and others being charged with aggravated assault in his college years and they had no issues getting a clearance or renewing

other than, of course, someone feeling the need to allow them to go through the process in the first place
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I'm not even going to ask why you bought a protoman hat.
    One of my coworkers brought their Corgi in today so I just spent the last 10 minutes scratching her ears and rubbing her belly.
    A very productive day
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    One of my coworkers brought their Corgi in today so I just spent the last 10 minutes scratching her ears and rubbing her belly.
    A very productive day

pics or it didnt happen
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

I was going to do JET but my mom was like "JUST GET YOUR MASTER'S" so...I'm..doing that.
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/05/17/rob_ford_crack_cocaine_toronto_s_mayor_allegedly_caught_on_tape_smoking.html
    Here is what the video shows: Rob Ford, the mayor of Toronto, is the only person visible in the frame. Prior to the trip, I spent a lot of time looking at photographs of Rob Ford. The man in the video is Rob Ford. It is well-lit, clear. Ford is seated, in a room in a house. In one hand is a a clear, glass pipe. The kind with a big globe and two glass cylinders sticking out of it. In the other hand is a lighter. A slurred voice off-camera is ranting about Canadian politics in what sounds like an attempt to goad Ford. ... Ford, pipe in one hand and lighter in the other, is laughing, and mildly protesting at the sacrilege. He seems to keep trying to light the pipe, but keeps stopping to laugh. He is red-faced and sweaty, heaving with each breath. Finally, he finds his moment and lights up. He inhales. ... In one move, the owner stops the video and draws the device back into his pocket.

brilliant
    Tiger Burning on
    "All models are wrong; some models are useful."
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    My supervisor is having a "birth control day" where her oldest is driving her crazy (basically failing freshman year of HS). The complaints are supposed to act as birth control and discourage us from having kids. :lol:
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/05/17/rob_ford_crack_cocaine_toronto_s_mayor_allegedly_caught_on_tape_smoking.html
    Here is what the video shows: Rob Ford, the mayor of Toronto, is the only person visible in the frame. Prior to the trip, I spent a lot of time looking at photographs of Rob Ford. The man in the video is Rob Ford. It is well-lit, clear. Ford is seated, in a room in a house. In one hand is a a clear, glass pipe. The kind with a big globe and two glass cylinders sticking out of it. In the other hand is a lighter. A slurred voice off-camera is ranting about Canadian politics in what sounds like an attempt to goad Ford. ... Ford, pipe in one hand and lighter in the other, is laughing, and mildly protesting at the sacrilege. He seems to keep trying to light the pipe, but keeps stopping to laugh. He is red-faced and sweaty, heaving with each breath. Finally, he finds his moment and lights up. He inhales. ... In one move, the owner stops the video and draws the device back into his pocket.

brilliant

Dude, Drug War totes working. We swear. Honest.
    Getting interviewed for a clearance as a reformed drug fiend is funny. I was asked questions like if I ever got the munchies, how many bong hits I would take per session, etc.
    [chat] is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwww today
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Casual wrote: »
    [chat] is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwww today

That's because it's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0
    Mim wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »

I was going to do JET but my mom was like "JUST GET YOUR MASTER'S" so...I'm..doing that.

Yeah, I'm getting my PhD, so no time for JET.

But : (

Today is a day of weird feelings and longing I guess.
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Man, the weekend took it's sweet time to finally get here. Three days off, though!
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    my week has been immeasurably better by taking today off work

my god
    A very productive day

pics or it didnt happen
    WTz4lxq.jpg
    Annie, 10 years old.
    Retired show dog.
    Dislikes: broccoli

She definitely looks like a show dog.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Morning buttz.
    Can I come home yet?

what is this.

what is this.

Wtb ticket home

Dude I think you are skipping a really important step.

After drinking and swimming, you are supposed to be sexing!

More sexing = less boredom.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    god im so tempted just to pack it in at 5 today

i've stayed late the last couple of days, i have a shitty headache, my eyes hurt, i'm shattered, i'm not really getting anything done here and pretty much everyone else in the office fucked off to play golf today anyway
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    She won some medals in local shows back in the day.
    She did a lot of the agility stuff and has a bit of arthritis now.
    A very productive day

pics or it didnt happen

WTz4lxq.jpg
    Annie, 10 years old.
    Retired show dog.
    Dislikes: broccoli

corgicorgicorgi

CORGIIIIIII
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    DOGGIE!!!
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Are corgis good with rabbits?

I want a dog, but I have to get one that won't murder LFE's stupid rabbit.

Stupid rabbit.
    Lh96QHG.png
    Casual is in loooovvveeee

(in a non-creepy way)
    god im so tempted just to pack it in at 5 today

i've stayed late the last couple of days, i have a shitty headache, my eyes hurt, i'm shattered, i'm not really getting anything done here and pretty much everyone else in the office fucked off to play golf today anyway

You should go play golf!

I'm supposed to be meeting my sister somewhere after work but I'd much rather go to the bar down the street from my office. It's apparently "American Craft Beer Week" so all american craft beers are $5 there, including dogfish head 90 minute IPA which is amazing and costs about $3 a bottle from the store so getting a pint on tap for $5 is fantastic.

Stupid rabbit.

they're herders not hunters so if raised properly they should have no problem.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

Stupid rabbit.

Lure him away with a box of Trix and then get a corgi.
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I didn't even know this video existed

this is the best surgery simulator video ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y2F3ZWEEbF4
    The guy on reddit arguing that floats are good for currency is still going at it.

He has given a bit of ground, however, and moved from proposing one float to represent the total amount to using one float for whole dollars and another for cents.
  • ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    What's a good Atlanta neighborhood to live in? That's not Little Five Points.
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg