Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

confused old [chat]

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Why is there no strip search today?
    Lh96QHG.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    I hope i'll get a digital foil Steam Trading Card before the beta ends. i could sell it for about $20-$25...
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    TTO what % of your work day is you giving belly rubs to Annie?
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Are corgis good with rabbits?

I want a dog, but I have to get one that won't murder LFE's stupid rabbit.

Stupid rabbit.

i think that comes down to the individual dog and how you train it rather than the breed
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    What's a good Atlanta neighborhood to live in? That's not Little Five Points.

Be a suburbanite and live in Sneelllllllvileeeeee
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

If it's not 100%, he's doing something wrong with his life.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Had to tell an intern that the list of the 30 most sexy films on Cosmo's website was inappropriate work reading material.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Why is there no strip search today?

Technical difficulties have delayed the upload.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    god im so tempted just to pack it in at 5 today

i've stayed late the last couple of days, i have a shitty headache, my eyes hurt, i'm shattered, i'm not really getting anything done here and pretty much everyone else in the office fucked off to play golf today anyway

You should go play golf!

I'm supposed to be meeting my sister somewhere after work but I'd much rather go to the bar down the street from my office. It's apparently "American Craft Beer Week" so all american craft beers are $5 there, including dogfish head 90 minute IPA which is amazing and costs about $3 a bottle from the store so getting a pint on tap for $5 is fantastic.

i am not important enough to get invited to management golf resorts
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    iMessages is so hilariously broken. I made it sync with my Mac, and it sorts my messages according to whim. This is within conversations.
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular

60% belly rubs
    30% fetching
    10% pretending to work.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Stupid rabbit.

i think that comes down to the individual dog and how you train it rather than the breed

Well I can't get anything too big or vigorous because it will think it's playing when it is really breaking the rabbit's neck. So I can't just get a big dumb mutt like I want. Her mom has some horrible little troll "dog" but I want a pet of substance.
    AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Had to tell an intern that the list of the 30 most sexy films on Cosmo's website was inappropriate work reading material.

Interns have a -2 penalty to intelligence.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    The guy on reddit arguing that floats are good for currency is still going at it.

He has given a bit of ground, however, and moved from proposing one float to represent the total amount to using one float for whole dollars and another for cents.

wut, seems particularly silly to dedicate an entire float to cents, especially when you could then just use a double instead. Just use like, a long long int if you really wanna be weird about it.
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    The guy on reddit arguing that floats are good for currency is still going at it.

He has given a bit of ground, however, and moved from proposing one float to represent the total amount to using one float for whole dollars and another for cents.
    Hmmm.

Has he considered leaving them an int and adding the decimal point in afterwards?

O wait. a float for whole dollars? This guy is in crazytown.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Nova_CNova_C Sniff Sniff Snorf Yellowknife, NTRegistered User regular
    It's still taking some getting used to, but I can't express how freeing it is not to have to wear glasses or contacts anymore.

Last night I was momentarily confused as I went to bed because I tried to take off the glasses that aren't there anymore.

And waking up, being able to see immediately. It's just....convenient. No more dusty lenses. No more expensive frames to replace.

So nice.

But bossman, none of these actors are as sexy as you
    *crotch grab*
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    What's a good Atlanta neighborhood to live in? That's not Little Five Points.

Be a suburbanite and live in Sneelllllllvileeeeee

Not an Atlanta expert, but good god do they like developments and HOA there.
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    hey. I like Snellville quite a bit.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek

Stupid rabbit.

Well I can't get anything too big or vigorous because it will think it's playing when it is really breaking the rabbit's neck. So I can't just get a big dumb mutt like I want. Her mom has some horrible little troll "dog" but I want a pet of substance.

as a general rule of thumb bigger dogs are less violent and more laid back

you're never going to get a dog to be able to play with the rabbit in a way that won't leave it dead but you can pretty easily train a dog to ignore the rabbit and not attack it.

it was surprisingly easy to train my dog not to chase my sisters cat
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Maybe an older adult dog from the local animal shelter AMFE?
    My friend lives in Snellville. That's where the wedding was that I attended last month.
    Nova_C wrote: »
    It's still taking some getting used to, but I can't express how freeing it is not to have to wear glasses or contacts anymore.

Last night I was momentarily confused as I went to bed because I tried to take off the glasses that aren't there anymore.

And waking up, being able to see immediately. It's just....convenient. No more dusty lenses. No more expensive frames to replace.

So nice.

You got lasered? I was always scared off of it because people would always tell me there's not enough long-term data on it yet.

That's what I'm thinking as an alternative.

Really pisses me off she got this damn rabbit. Fucking thing is ruining my life.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Interns have a -2 penalty to intelligence.

With a -2 Willpower aura.
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Solo link me to this fuckfest
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular

Get a retired greyhound! I had one when I was little and she was great. Lotta energy though.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    @jacobkosh

You asked to be bat signalled, so here you are!

There may be a, uh, few cues taken from your Mage AP in formatting.

Also @desc @Shivahn and @Elldren since they are the true stars
    turtlesig.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Ludious wrote: »

So nice.

You got lasered? I was always scared off of it because people would always tell me there's not enough long-term data on it yet.

Well, they have 20 years of data now. It still says that long term effects are not known, but so far, there's no sign it's at all detrimental.

EDIT: And yeah, I had Lasik MD do the procedure a week ago.
    Nova_C on

That's what I'm thinking as an alternative.

Really pisses me off she got this damn rabbit. Fucking thing is ruining my life.

Rabbits don't even have personalities,and they can be mean as shit. I really don't see the fascination.
    I wonder how long Elki could survive in College Park.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

But bossman, none of these actors are as sexy as you
    *crotch grab*

She had better say that. But after hours.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

So nice.

Well, they have 20 years of data now. It still says that long term effects are not known, but so far, there's no sign it's at all detrimental.

Do they do both eyes at once? Do you have to miss multiple days of work?

Get a retired greyhound! I had one when I was little and she was great. Lotta energy though.

I've always wanted a Siberian Husky, but they're crazy smart, full of energy and require a lot of attention.

That's not the pet for me.
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular

So he's reduced the necessary significant digits from like 17 to like 15? Am I misunderstanding something, or have we just peeled back another layer from the silliness onion?
    sig.gif
    A big dog who has a calm personality will be cautious around a smaller animal.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

wut, seems particularly silly to dedicate an entire float to cents, especially when you could then just use a double instead. Just use like, a long long int if you really wanna be weird about it.

Floats for money are bad news bears. Common mistake, but floats have a limited number of sig figs, which means they're only approximations, not exact numbers. That gets more and more true the higher you go. Let's say you enter in a trillion dollars as a float (a realistic enough value, if you're doing something like modeling the US economy). A trillion in binary has too many sig figs, and gets rounded off. So you've got millions of dollars appearing and disappearing. If you're dealing with smaller numbers, it's not as big or obvious a problem, but the little rounding errors accumulate over time. Adding in another float to represent cents doesn't fix the problem, all it means is that you're now dealing with two approximations instead of one (and also makes everything more complicated). The right way to do it is an arbitrary precision data structure (like Java's BigDecimal) or ints (one int representing whole dollars and one representing cents, an int representing cents, there are a few ways to do it).

I've always wanted a Siberian Husky, but they're crazy smart, full of energy and require a lot of attention.

That's not the pet for me.

Never have a pet that is smarter than you
    m i rite.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    One day, i will be in one of @simonwolf 's games.

but until then, I will shake my fist at him!
    21stCentury on

So nice.

Do they do both eyes at once? Do you have to miss multiple days of work?

Well, I live in Yellowknife, which means I have to go a long way to get the procedure done, so I did it while taking a 2 week vacation (That ends tomorrow. Sigh.)

Anyway, I had both eyes done at once. They say you can return to work the next day, but for the day of the procedure, you're out. You can't really do anything. I napped through a bunch of the day. You have to take multiple eye drops every hour to assist with the process (An anti-bacterial, an anti-inflammatory and some lubricating eye drops. I'm only still on the lubricating eye drops, though).

The procedure took about 8-10 minutes to do both of my eyes.