Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

confused old [chat]

• CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    I should've done JET or something.

I was going to do JET but my mom was like "JUST GET YOUR MASTER'S" so...I'm..doing that.

Yeah, I'm getting my PhD, so no time for JET.

But : (

Today is a day of weird feelings and longing I guess.

I think I'm still going to go forth with preparing for JET just in case I don't get into graduate school, but I want to do graduate school first. THEN, maybe I could do JET or something similar.

that'd be nice.

I already got in, unfortunately.

Or fortunately I guess.

The problem with me is PhD in neuroscience -> straight to the data mines, I doubt I'm gonna take a year off.

I am just kind of "ergh, so many things I want to do but didn't" right now.

REGRETS

I find it weird I'm only 25 and FULL of regrets.

Like, to the brim yo'

I am also 25.

I only really have a couple of regrets though, I wish I'd done better in school and I wish I'd started transition sooner.

That second one's big but it's actually really unfair to myself. There was not really any other way things could've happened.

you're doing a mofo'ing PHD

how much better at school do you want to be?

a PHD is about as good at book learnin as it's possible to be, the only way up from that is to do more PHD's

you want shit at school i will show you what being shit at school really is

Well I could've done better and gotten into a better school or a year earlier or whatever!

I mean you're right but I still feel like I've wasted potential, imposter syndrome, don't deserve it, etc.

shivahn...

i think you are awesome people

but right now i want to pick you up and shake you really hard :P

complaining about being in the 99th percentile of smart people when you could possibly have been in the 99.1th percentile is impossibly frustrating for a guy who has failed in academia as miserably as me to read
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Does it even work - no idea

But my mind is calm and clear

Beefcake.
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I wish I had:

- Done better in school
    - Did internships
    - Hadn't cheated on my first long-term boyfriend at the height of my depression
    - Hadn't dated the guy I cheated on my boyfriend with (that dude was a pretty bad boyfriend)
    - Hadn't started talking in [chat] earlier than I did due to my social anxiety even breaching out into my internet life
    - Hadn't talked myself out of trying harder in art
    - Hadn't talked myself out of going to art school like I wanted to because "LOL, WHO MAKES A LIVING OFF OF ART?"

The second to last one is why I'm so bad "meh" with art now, but I at least have people supporting me in my journey to get better at it so I can make something of myself, despite my feeling that I am too old to start attempting it.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

I was going to do JET but my mom was like "JUST GET YOUR MASTER'S" so...I'm..doing that.

I think I'm still going to go forth with preparing for JET just in case I don't get into graduate school, but I want to do graduate school first. THEN, maybe I could do JET or something similar.

that'd be nice.

Or fortunately I guess.

The problem with me is PhD in neuroscience -> straight to the data mines, I doubt I'm gonna take a year off.

REGRETS

Like, to the brim yo'

I am also 25.

I only really have a couple of regrets though, I wish I'd done better in school and I wish I'd started transition sooner.

That second one's big but it's actually really unfair to myself. There was not really any other way things could've happened.

a PHD is about as good at book learnin as it's possible to be, the only way up from that is to do more PHD's

Well I could've done better and gotten into a better school or a year earlier or whatever!

I mean you're right but I still feel like I've wasted potential, imposter syndrome, don't deserve it, etc.

shivahn...

complaining about being in the 99th percentile of smart people when you could possibly have been in the 99.1th percentile is impossibly frustrating for a guy who has failed in academia as miserably as me to read

Sorry >.>

If there is one thing I am it is a mess of conflicting and contradictory thoughts and desires.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    TTO any more pics of Corgi?

After lunch
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »

that'd be nice.

Or fortunately I guess.

REGRETS

Like, to the brim yo'

wait till you hit 30

*clink of glasses toasting morosely*

When I hit 30, I had some moments where my regrets seemed overwhelming. Then I realized there wasn't a lot I could do about them. So I could get all obsessive about the mistakes I made or I could move forward.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular

that'd be nice.

Or fortunately I guess.

REGRETS

Like, to the brim yo'

I am also 25.

shivahn...

Come on Casual. We already have Bethryn, we don't need someone else to make people feel like they're never allowed to feel like they're struggling due to privilege.

Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Mim

One thing I can say for JET and similar programs is they look good on a grad application. Well at least for my grad school you kind of need to have been overseas for an extended period of time at some point in your life. Not sure there is a person in the school who hasn't lived a minimum of 3 months or more overseas.

Oh, well I have LIVED overseas, just not for academic reasons.

that'd be nice.

Or fortunately I guess.

REGRETS

Like, to the brim yo'

I am also 25.

shivahn...

Sorry >.>

If there is one thing I am it is a mess of conflicting and contradictory thoughts and desires.

it's one thing to strive for improvement, it's quite another to be in denial about your own achievements no matter how good they are
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    TTO any more pics of Corgi?

After lunch

You tease

that'd be nice.

Or fortunately I guess.

REGRETS

Like, to the brim yo'

I am also 25.

shivahn...

Sorry >.>

it's one thing to strive for improvement, it's quite another to be in denial about your own achievements no matter how good they are

I think that's kinda universal though? Or maybe not universal, but "I don't deserve this, I just got lucky" is a really pervasive line of thought! It's in every corner of my life and kinda hard to shake.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I think I regret not asking to hang out with a chick I sat next to on a flight home one new year's eve

we talked the whole flight and she was pretty awesome

can't recall regretting much else

ed: I regret not asking I mean
    kaleedity on

that'd be nice.

Or fortunately I guess.

REGRETS

Like, to the brim yo'

I am also 25.

shivahn...

Come on Casual. We already have Bethryn, we don't need someone else to make people feel like they're never allowed to feel like they're struggling due to privilege.

reality check

droppin truf bombs

DWI

/drops mic
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Does it even work - no idea

But my mind is calm and clear

Beefcake.

I just burped up some chipotle tinged stomach acid
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    The only things about my life that I regret are gaining a hundred pounds over the course of college and not being in the military.

One of those is being fixed now, the other might just be something I have to live with.

Otherwise I've done all right for a poor farm kid from Florida.
    Lh96QHG.png
    So here's preview of the artwork for my blog. Gonna try to relaunch on Geek Pride Day (25th)
    cgsig.jpg
    movies.jpg
    books.jpg
    sports.jpg

That's fucking awesome.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    I mean, so far.

I haven't really done much of anything as of yet, but then again I'm only 24.
    Lh96QHG.png

that'd be nice.

Or fortunately I guess.

REGRETS

Like, to the brim yo'

I am also 25.

shivahn...

Sorry >.>

I think that's kinda universal though? Or maybe not universal, but "I don't deserve this, I just got lucky" is a really pervasive line of thought! It's in every corner of my life and kinda hard to shake.

it's also very unhealthy when taken to extremes

as long as you didn't have someone else doing your assignments for you what else could you have done to "deserve" your merits?
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I mean, so far.

Damn, I'm 27. It feels weird being one of the older ones in the room([chat]).

EDIT: What the crap is 'one' possessing here? Stupid me and grammar.
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    27 is pretty standard for these parts

that'd be nice.

Or fortunately I guess.

REGRETS

Like, to the brim yo'

I am also 25.

shivahn...

Sorry >.>

it's also very unhealthy when taken to extremes

as long as you didn't have someone else doing your assignments for you what else could you have done to "deserve" your merits?

That's the annoying thing about it. Like I know obviously I've done all right to well in various aspects of things. But I don't feel like I have. I can't really internalize a lot of my accomplishments. So I am stuck with this vague feeling of being completely out of water.

I dunno. It's kind of hard to explain. Leads to some kinda panicy "Oh god I can't handle this what am I dooooinnnnnng" moments.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Yes, this game jam thing is gonna be the best for getting me to do a thing!

Should i give updates about how this 9-day game project will go?
    hrmm

i should bail from "life achievements [chat]" before i decide to hang myself

gonna play FF8 instead

later [chat]s
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    I mean, so far.

27 is not old.

25 is totally mode age and possibly median, there are scatterings of younger people and a significant amount of older people.

Like you're probably like 60th percentile or so.
    hrmm

i should bail from "life achievements [chat]" before i decide to hang myself

gonna play FF8 instead

later [chat]s

I have never played that one : (

Enjoy.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    I just wish I was better able to initiate long lasting relationships with other human peoples in meatspace

tis only regret that life is wasted
    I mean, so far.

27 is not old.

25 is totally mode age and possibly median, there are scatterings of younger people and a significant amount of older people.

Like you're probably like 60th percentile or so.

25 IS OOLLLLLDDDDDDDD

(well, based upon how my body is falling apart)
    This is the scary part about penny arcade:

When PA began

I was the target audience

I mean, I still am, but I was a college kid. I was PRE-COLLEGE kid. I didn't join the forums until maybe beginning or midway through school but I lurked for a long ass time.

So yes, it's not even weird that there are 30+ year old PA'ers.
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Wrath Registered User regular
    Yeah, I am 26.
    sigvf.jpg
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    my only regret is that i have ... boneitis
    P10 wrote: »
    my only regret is that i have ... boneitis

I'd like to point out that I purposely avoided this joke.
    there was that one time I was hanging out between flights at an airport and there was another chick doing neural biology stuff and she was pretty awesome and I don't know what the deal is with me and finding all these awesome tall chicks in airports that's not even a thing I really care about

but then I figured out when she said sophomore she didn't mean college (non-US peeps: that puts her at about 16). She did not look like she was fucking ten years younger than me.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    @Abdhyius what the hell norwegian holiday is today and monday?
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
    Meeting awesome tall chicks in airports studying neurology, huh?

Hmm.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    there was that one time I was hanging out between flights at an airport and there was another chick doing neural biology stuff and she was pretty awesome and I don't know what the deal is with me and finding all these awesome tall chicks in airports that's not even a thing I really care about

but then I figured out when she said sophomore she didn't mean college (non-US peeps: that puts her at about 16). She did not look like she was fucking ten years younger than me.

I just had a will smith moment
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Borksmas and Borksing Day
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Borksmas and Borksing Day

Slartibartmas.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Even if you disagree with TB or don't like him very much, you should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yX4io2O4EI
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
    I agree with TB. I think more people that I hate should die from it.